LifeSafer, Inc. Employee Reviews

No advancement, low pay,
Technician (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WINovember 2, 2018
No advancement, low pay, corporate only cares about there bottom line and there pockets. Mangers do not know how to run there states, wile the techs are the ones that know what is going on. No raises or merit increase for over 3 yrs. Bad place to work in general.
Stressful, Management is a revolving Door
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2018
LifeSafer used to be a great company. The culture was laid back and had good management. That has all changed. The order of business is to make as much money as possible. Uppper Management is often offsite and unaware of the things going on in the plant. When Upper management is there they tell everyone how to do there job and then leave.It is like a revolving door. Over the past few years there have been several managers/ directors none of which stay any longer than a couple of years. The environment is stressful. Workers constantly live in fear of losing there jobs. The benefits they offer are a joke. nothing like they used to be.
Pros
Cons
stressful, no job security
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2018
I was not happy there no job security the management was awful you constantly had to move from workstations not enough work space management had there favorites workers and gave others a had time did like to be disturbed nor ever liked to answer questions if you needed help.
Pros
holiday events
Cons
management was awful
Lifesafer is a joke
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHDecember 26, 2018
The management team is a complete joke. They do everything in their power to not help their agents or their clients. The sales manager in particular is the worst one.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks, low wages and incompetent supervisors
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHDecember 12, 2018
They try to do all they can with the resources available to them. Consulting firm is removing management and internal divisions within the company to cut costs...Horrible atmosphere to work in now.
Pros
People
Cons
People are gone
Great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2018
Working at Lifeaafer is very stressful dealing with the clients and mangers they pay is not enough to keep employees coming back but the co workers are helpful not to mention the lack of management its only one manager who really knows what they are doing. Agents are in their phone, on snapchat, they can wear whatever they want, talk about power in the call center. They are very loud and rude.
Pros
One great manager
Cons
The job in general
Never Again
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2018
Dont work for this company very high turn around rates and the management is very poor and the hours are just too long you will never have a life with this company doesn't care about the employee at all just money all they care about.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and underpaid
bypass this job and save yourself the headaches
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2017
As a service technician you answer phones and take installs on the daily however the company does not provide the correct equipment to do so. Management is run by people who don't know the basics of running the place. Overall would not recommend this job to anyone. For the last 3 yrs. I was there No raises were given and when we first got raises the were nickle and dime jokes. Finally had enough and had to move on to find better and bigger things.
Pros
You can have a balanced life
Cons
Management is always revolving constantly/ little to No raises
Why this company suffering.
Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 30, 2018
The higher up managment of this company only cares about their own pockets and not the techs who do the real work. The managers are no help becuase they know less than the technicians and they just listen to whatever corporate tells them to do. When something is impossible they say "just get it done". After working for this company for many many many years 1 horrible part about lifesafer is the call center. They will double and triple book your appointments even if you are the only person running an entire building. You also have to be the janitor, the mail man, the receptionist, the technician, and stay mentally stable while dealing with all of this. Will they ever give you a raise? NO! Never! Good luck ever getting a pay increase. Even after they fire someone and put there job ontop of everything you're already doing. Plus doubling the amount of appointments you see per day. Almost everyday you don't even have a lunch break as well. If I was paid fairly for the amount that I do for this company I wouldn't be so upset. And talk about bad equipment. I've never had so many computers crash and servers will go down during work hours due to maintenance. If you have an issue, you have to call tech support which only a handful of people there can actually help you. After the phone has been ringing for an hour they may pick up. If not you have a line of 10 or more cars outside your door. And the actually devices them selves I see them fail and pass and fail and pass all in seconds. These issues makes it almost impossible to get the work done, but if you don't they'll write you up.  more... This company does not take care of it's employees. Many of my fellow employees have left I'm not far behind. This company will learn eventually that you have to take care of your employees to be successful.  less
Pros
None about 6 years ago I'd work for this company, but not now
Cons
No breaks, terrible managment, no pay increases, dead end job, they expect you to keep doing more work with no pay increase, The equipment doesn't work so you have to troubleshoot for hours daily.
Not productive working for Lifesafer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 4, 2018
Lifesafer do not care about their employees nor there clients. They are not compassionate to either. They do not pay well nor do they give raises. I would never recommend no one to work there nor would I go back to that establishment.
Good company
Regional Manager / State Director (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 4, 2019
I moved up the ranks quickly with LifeSafer after demonstrating the ability to have success. Company supported ideas and suggestions to grow the business.
Pros
Good support from IT department
Cons
Poor decision in applying for state programs
not a good place for a career
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2019
no great pay, managers talking about former workers in a negative way. very crowded space to work in, break rooms are disgusting, facilitator needs more training
Terrible SOPs and Systems
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2018
I work in sales and it's my first sales job. My supervisor is great. He is always trying to help us get better at our job, and he has a great sense of humor so he's fun to work for but the systems we use are really bad and rarely work. I'm trying to find a new job because it's too stressful. My supervisor keeps telling me they're working on fixing the issues, but they've been saying that for 2 years and no improvements. The pay isnt good but they always offer over time if you want it. Ive only stayed this long because I get to work from home and my boss is cool, but I gotta make more money with less stress. They hire anyone off the street so some of my coworkers aren't the best.
Pros
Fun boss
Cons
Bad pay and stress
Great Entry Sales Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 6, 2018
My career with LifeSafer has been great. They give you the training you need to be successful. It is a very stressful sales job as youre taking inbound sales calls. But the Bonus matches what you put in.
A company on the brink of disaster
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 24, 2018
From device problem after device problem to dealing with individuals convicted of drunk driving and strong arming them into signing with Lifesafer, Guardian, or Monitech call after call, this job is very draining. Management is aware of device issues and continually promise they are being fixed, but those of us on the front line have to deal with customers who can start their vehicles without tests or who can not start their vehicle at all. This used to be a great place to work but executive leadership changed roughly a year ago and it has been downhill ever since. Management doesn't even want to stay and has become a revolving door. There is no direction, no sense of purpose, no vision. Favorites are the only ones who get ahead and anyone who rocks the boat, speaks the truth, stands up for something is quickly shown the door under this regime. You learn to keep your head down, your mouth shut, and do the minimum necessary to not draw attention to yourself. Agents sell three brands and have to toggle between archaic and cumbersome systems to enroll or service a client and have to place outbound calls to service centers, most of which do not answer. Goals are adjusted almost daily and are very person-dependent. The goal for availability is 72% but my commission is being held back because one person thinks my 82% is not good enough.
Pros
as someone else stated, the chair spins
Cons
Management, clients
Enjoyable Work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2017
A typical day involved programming C# to communicate to a micro controller. Learned Visual Studios C#, C++ and VB. Management was easy to get along with. Culture was fun with a lot of jokes and watching management occasionally test out their breathalyzers. At times work could be frustrating working with outside engineering firms to get what management wanted. Overall the work was enjoyable as the employees were treated fairly.
Pros
Enjoyable Work
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Relaxed atmosphere but not compensated well
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH 45242November 6, 2017
This job is laid back and easy going. However, the pay is not in line with other companies and tends to not give pay raises. Lower management is great to work for.
Good experiance, learned new skill set, good bosses, and good pay.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 26, 2018
Great place to work, I learned a new skill set and the hours and pay where great. Would work for them again if the opportunity showed itself. They also had great and understanding customers.
Pros
Loved doing it
Cons
N/a
relaxed typical office job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 19, 2018
A typical day would be taking calls as soon as the lines are up at 8:30. You deal with service calls, installs, removals, and DMV calls. Most of the time calls are pretty much the same.
Good Company Overall with Minor Management Issues
Program Manager VT & NY (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2012
Upper management is somewhat disconnected from middle management and mid-level managers are 'some good some bad', unfortunately HR and upper management are not addressing the issues. Compensation, culture, values, advancement and work/life balance are all average; but benefits and security are poor, and management is a bit weak.