LifeSafer, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2018
I was not happy there no job security the management was awful you constantly had to move from workstations not enough work space management had there favorites workers and gave others a had time did like to be disturbed nor ever liked to answer questions if you needed help.
Pros
holiday events
Cons
management was awful
A company on the brink of disaster
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 24, 2018
From device problem after device problem to dealing with individuals convicted of drunk driving and strong arming them into signing with Lifesafer, Guardian, or Monitech call after call, this job is very draining. Management is aware of device issues and continually promise they are being fixed, but those of us on the front line have to deal with customers who can start their vehicles without tests or who can not start their vehicle at all. This used to be a great place to work but executive leadership changed roughly a year ago and it has been downhill ever since. Management doesn't even want to stay and has become a revolving door. There is no direction, no sense of purpose, no vision. Favorites are the only ones who get ahead and anyone who rocks the boat, speaks the truth, stands up for something is quickly shown the door under this regime. You learn to keep your head down, your mouth shut, and do the minimum necessary to not draw attention to yourself. Agents sell three brands and have to toggle between archaic and cumbersome systems to enroll or service a client and have to place outbound calls to service centers, most of which do not answer. Goals are adjusted almost daily and are very person-dependent. The goal for availability is 72% but my commission is being held back because one person thinks my 82% is not good enough.
Pros
as someone else stated, the chair spins
Cons
Management, clients
Terrible SOPs and Systems
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2018
I work in sales and it's my first sales job. My supervisor is great. He is always trying to help us get better at our job, and he has a great sense of humor so he's fun to work for but the systems we use are really bad and rarely work. I'm trying to find a new job because it's too stressful. My supervisor keeps telling me they're working on fixing the issues, but they've been saying that for 2 years and no improvements. The pay isnt good but they always offer over time if you want it. Ive only stayed this long because I get to work from home and my boss is cool, but I gotta make more money with less stress. They hire anyone off the street so some of my coworkers aren't the best.
Pros
Fun boss
Cons
Bad pay and stress
Never Again
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2018
Dont work for this company very high turn around rates and the management is very poor and the hours are just too long you will never have a life with this company doesn't care about the employee at all just money all they care about.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and underpaid
Stressful, Management is a revolving Door
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2018
LifeSafer used to be a great company. The culture was laid back and had good management. That has all changed. The order of business is to make as much money as possible. Uppper Management is often offsite and unaware of the things going on in the plant. When Upper management is there they tell everyone how to do there job and then leave.It is like a revolving door. Over the past few years there have been several managers/ directors none of which stay any longer than a couple of years. The environment is stressful. Workers constantly live in fear of losing there jobs. The benefits they offer are a joke. nothing like they used to be.
Pros
Cons
stressful, no job security
Very stressful as you are dealing w/people convicted of drunk driving
Customer Service/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 30, 2018
Very stressful environment. You are given 2 weeks training and then that's pretty much it. It is a call center environment where there are over 50 customer service reps and only 2 managers. Managers rarely available to help. Poor product.
Pros
Fair wages & benefits
Cons
Not enough manager support when needed
Great Place to Work
New Project, No Lead Solder Tech (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHDecember 23, 2017
I have learned that repairing electronic is a very challenging job. The employees are the best part of the job. Management really does listen and tries very hard to help.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
New Projects hard to learn.
3 Weeks of structured training
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHNovember 15, 2017
The training was pretty helpful. The fact that train is 3 weeks straight in a training room with one on one help is great. You also get to shadow senior CSR on live calls to show you what to expect real time.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks
Cons
Completely unorginized, no real leadership.
Relaxed atmosphere but not compensated well
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH 45242November 6, 2017
This job is laid back and easy going. However, the pay is not in line with other companies and tends to not give pay raises. Lower management is great to work for.
Worse job I never kept
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 2, 2017
This is the perfect place if you're looking for a job that offers, unprofessional staff and manager, vulgar language, drama, gossip, hostility, chaos, low pay and lack of confidentiality.
Pros
The day went fast
Cons
They tell you you don't get breaks unless you're a smoker
For what
State Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 19, 2017
Being forced to write a review for a place you no longer work WITH a character minimum is ridiculous and I refuse to do it. fuibibibibjrb;wojubgro;bjb
Fun place to work with a casual setting.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 24, 2017
Lots of different challenges in a casual environment. Ability to learn a lot of different aspects of technology and improve your skills. Excellent manager and IT team.
Lack of good upper management.
Field Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 21, 2017
A holding company that is barely holding on. A company with huge potential but unwilling to correct their issues within the market place and technology.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Poor management.
Flexible work schedule
STATE AREA MANAGER FOR WESTERN WA (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 16, 2017
Intensive customer support
The State Area Manager is responsible for managing day to day business of LifeSafer’s operations. This includes managing the operations and logistics of the company run locations and contractors, driving the sales and marketing of LifeSafer products and services, and working to grow all aspects of the business.
No care for customers
Installer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78218January 2, 2017
Company doesn't supply tools or supplies needed for installations.
Units fail on a regular basis and there is no care or compensation for clients.
Not focused on employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley, WANovember 9, 2016
Worked for LMG for 5 years. Management is mostly focused on staying in compliance in each state. LMG is 3 different interlock company's that have merged and have been suspended and or not allowed to operate in multiple states due to quality issues and lack of compliance with state requirements. LMG need to have a dedicated team to be proactive in compliance and not reactive to state requirements.
Lifesafer LMG Holdings
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHOctober 12, 2016
It's a super call center to work for and I am currently looking for a part time evening to supplement this day job. I like helping people get back on the road safely and legally. I love my shift.
Demanding customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2016
Our day there varied day to day. We could be walking in the door and phone lines would already be ringing. Then you had those slow days that made the day so long. We dealt very unique characters at times, along with demanding Probation Officers. What I learned was you couldn't believe everything you heard. Our customers would try and pool one on you if they knew they could. Management was awesome until we merged companies. Co-workers were awesome as-well. The hardest part of the job was when dealing with complicated customers or Probation Officers. Along with reports that Probation needed verification on. That meant the clients life was in your hands, so it was very important that what you said was accurate because their freedom depended on your answer. The most enjoyable part of the day was closing time and knowing you did the best that you could at your job for that day.
Pros
Satisfying customers
Cons
Demanding customers we couldn't please.
Work Environment very Unprofessional
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 15, 2016
This is a company that works with people who have to get an interlock system in their homes or their cars. In tech support we work with the field technicians when they experience problems servicing the devices. The work environment was very unprofessional, but overall the company is a good company to work for.
Good team to work
Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 11, 2016
Good team to work; so friendly and helpful.
Had great manager and co-workers who are good in giving training.
Cool office culture.
I felt positive, purposeful, and engaged—not just in what I'm doing, but with the company as a whole.