LifeSafer, Inc. Employee Reviews

No advancement, low pay,
Technician (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WINovember 2, 2018
No advancement, low pay, corporate only cares about there bottom line and there pockets. Mangers do not know how to run there states, wile the techs are the ones that know what is going on. No raises or merit increase for over 3 yrs. Bad place to work in general.
Why this company suffering.
Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 30, 2018
The higher up managment of this company only cares about their own pockets and not the techs who do the real work. The managers are no help becuase they know less than the technicians and they just listen to whatever corporate tells them to do. When something is impossible they say "just get it done". After working for this company for many many many years 1 horrible part about lifesafer is the call center. They will double and triple book your appointments even if you are the only person running an entire building. You also have to be the janitor, the mail man, the receptionist, the technician, and stay mentally stable while dealing with all of this. Will they ever give you a raise? NO! Never! Good luck ever getting a pay increase. Even after they fire someone and put there job ontop of everything you're already doing. Plus doubling the amount of appointments you see per day. Almost everyday you don't even have a lunch break as well. If I was paid fairly for the amount that I do for this company I wouldn't be so upset. And talk about bad equipment. I've never had so many computers crash and servers will go down during work hours due to maintenance. If you have an issue, you have to call tech support which only a handful of people there can actually help you. After the phone has been ringing for an hour they may pick up. If not you have a line of 10 or more cars outside your door. And the actually devices them selves I see them fail and pass and fail and pass all in seconds. These issues makes it almost impossible to get the work done, but if you don't they'll write you up.  more... This company does not take care of it's employees. Many of my fellow employees have left I'm not far behind. This company will learn eventually that you have to take care of your employees to be successful.  less
Pros
None about 6 years ago I'd work for this company, but not now
Cons
No breaks, terrible managment, no pay increases, dead end job, they expect you to keep doing more work with no pay increase, The equipment doesn't work so you have to troubleshoot for hours daily.
Great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2018
Working at Lifeaafer is very stressful dealing with the clients and mangers they pay is not enough to keep employees coming back but the co workers are helpful not to mention the lack of management its only one manager who really knows what they are doing. Agents are in their phone, on snapchat, they can wear whatever they want, talk about power in the call center. They are very loud and rude.
Pros
One great manager
Cons
The job in general
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2018
I was not happy there no job security the management was awful you constantly had to move from workstations not enough work space management had there favorites workers and gave others a had time did like to be disturbed nor ever liked to answer questions if you needed help.
Pros
holiday events
Cons
management was awful
Good experiance, learned new skill set, good bosses, and good pay.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 26, 2018
Great place to work, I learned a new skill set and the hours and pay where great. Would work for them again if the opportunity showed itself. They also had great and understanding customers.
Pros
Loved doing it
Cons
N/a
Great Entry Sales Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 6, 2018
My career with LifeSafer has been great. They give you the training you need to be successful. It is a very stressful sales job as youre taking inbound sales calls. But the Bonus matches what you put in.
Very stressful and overly fast paced work environment.
Office Administrator/Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 31, 2018
Became a stressful job due to not having the necessary staff to handle all of the calls and needs of the client's. By also not having the necessary tools to assist those clients also caused an issue from day to day.
If you like very fast paced work this is for you
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 25, 2018
As a customer service person it is a very hard job. Especially certain types of calls. I seemed to get the hard queue. Problematic customers, no starts etc. Get into sales as it's the way to go. A lot easier & no screaming & yelling customers.
Pros
My coworkers were great
Cons
Very angry screaming customers at times
A company on the brink of disaster
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 24, 2018
From device problem after device problem to dealing with individuals convicted of drunk driving and strong arming them into signing with Lifesafer, Guardian, or Monitech call after call, this job is very draining. Management is aware of device issues and continually promise they are being fixed, but those of us on the front line have to deal with customers who can start their vehicles without tests or who can not start their vehicle at all. This used to be a great place to work but executive leadership changed roughly a year ago and it has been downhill ever since. Management doesn't even want to stay and has become a revolving door. There is no direction, no sense of purpose, no vision. Favorites are the only ones who get ahead and anyone who rocks the boat, speaks the truth, stands up for something is quickly shown the door under this regime. You learn to keep your head down, your mouth shut, and do the minimum necessary to not draw attention to yourself. Agents sell three brands and have to toggle between archaic and cumbersome systems to enroll or service a client and have to place outbound calls to service centers, most of which do not answer. Goals are adjusted almost daily and are very person-dependent. The goal for availability is 72% but my commission is being held back because one person thinks my 82% is not good enough.
Pros
as someone else stated, the chair spins
Cons
Management, clients
Terrible SOPs and Systems
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2018
I work in sales and it's my first sales job. My supervisor is great. He is always trying to help us get better at our job, and he has a great sense of humor so he's fun to work for but the systems we use are really bad and rarely work. I'm trying to find a new job because it's too stressful. My supervisor keeps telling me they're working on fixing the issues, but they've been saying that for 2 years and no improvements. The pay isnt good but they always offer over time if you want it. Ive only stayed this long because I get to work from home and my boss is cool, but I gotta make more money with less stress. They hire anyone off the street so some of my coworkers aren't the best.
Pros
Fun boss
Cons
Bad pay and stress
Never Again
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2018
Dont work for this company very high turn around rates and the management is very poor and the hours are just too long you will never have a life with this company doesn't care about the employee at all just money all they care about.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and underpaid
Not productive working for Lifesafer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 4, 2018
Lifesafer do not care about their employees nor there clients. They are not compassionate to either. They do not pay well nor do they give raises. I would never recommend no one to work there nor would I go back to that establishment.
Stressful, Management is a revolving Door
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2018
LifeSafer used to be a great company. The culture was laid back and had good management. That has all changed. The order of business is to make as much money as possible. Uppper Management is often offsite and unaware of the things going on in the plant. When Upper management is there they tell everyone how to do there job and then leave.It is like a revolving door. Over the past few years there have been several managers/ directors none of which stay any longer than a couple of years. The environment is stressful. Workers constantly live in fear of losing there jobs. The benefits they offer are a joke. nothing like they used to be.
Pros
Cons
stressful, no job security
Good Place to Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I helped many people looking to order interlock systems. I helped people to become street legal and get back to normal lives and gave technical support when their interlock system would give an issue.
Very stressful as you are dealing w/people convicted of drunk driving
Customer Service/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 30, 2018
Very stressful environment. You are given 2 weeks training and then that's pretty much it. It is a call center environment where there are over 50 customer service reps and only 2 managers. Managers rarely available to help. Poor product.
Pros
Fair wages & benefits
Cons
Not enough manager support when needed
Big Callcenter lots of Potlucks
Sales Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 16, 2018
Fast paced , no room for advancement . Manager of Life safer Bernadette Brown is a fantastic manager .I loved the people that worked here they were like a family .
Great Place to Work
New Project, No Lead Solder Tech (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHDecember 23, 2017
I have learned that repairing electronic is a very challenging job. The employees are the best part of the job. Management really does listen and tries very hard to help.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
New Projects hard to learn.
bypass this job and save yourself the headaches
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2017
As a service technician you answer phones and take installs on the daily however the company does not provide the correct equipment to do so. Management is run by people who don't know the basics of running the place. Overall would not recommend this job to anyone. For the last 3 yrs. I was there No raises were given and when we first got raises the were nickle and dime jokes. Finally had enough and had to move on to find better and bigger things.
Pros
You can have a balanced life
Cons
Management is always revolving constantly/ little to No raises
3 Weeks of structured training
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHNovember 15, 2017
The training was pretty helpful. The fact that train is 3 weeks straight in a training room with one on one help is great. You also get to shadow senior CSR on live calls to show you what to expect real time.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks
Cons
Completely unorginized, no real leadership.
Relaxed atmosphere but not compensated well
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH 45242November 6, 2017
This job is laid back and easy going. However, the pay is not in line with other companies and tends to not give pay raises. Lower management is great to work for.