Lifescape Employee Reviews

Fast Paced but Rewarding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD 57105July 29, 2019
It is what you make it. I was a very upbeat person so going to work and having fun with your co-workers was a big part of the day. Due to the stress of the job, you have to come happy and don't let drama get to you. You have to have tough skin or you won't survive. Management is strict, but they have to due to the clientele. I learned a ton on slowing down when working with people with a disability. The job itself is face-paced, but working slow and your client is needed.
Pros
Day hours, no weekends, not bad insurance options
Cons
Pay
Very good
Direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 10, 2019
Working at Lifescape has gave me at A lot of opportunities learning new things and getting more experience and knowledge of things I am doing with my job.
getting to big and interpersonal
Support Professional/lead (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 30, 2019
in 2006 i started as a food service foreman support professional. It was home away from home. I loved going to work! I was a rock star there and enjoyed it very much working more than 60 hours per week within food service and residential homes. As Achieve merged with Children's Home Society and numerous like affiliates across the region, it became non-interpersonal and was more about money making than family and the families we served.
Pros
gratifying
Cons
management
Enjoyable
Lead Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 22, 2019
Working directly with clients and I fast-paced and enjoyable environment with having a new challenge every day by having it be absolutely rewarding makes the day the best
Great company to work for.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 20, 2019
I really enjoyed working for lifescape.. The people served are great and a lot of fun.. I had tons of fun with the staff that I worked with. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for work.
Fast paced and fun place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 19, 2019
Sometimes days are busy and some days are a little slower. If you like learning new things this is the place for you. Everyone wants to see you succeed and are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is when someone passes away or declines in health and you have been with them for so long. It is hard to see.
Co workers were great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 7, 2019
Management didn't listen to workers who got hurt from patients.
If you want a day off you need to find someone to work for you or you may not get paid for the day, makes it hard on people that are fighting cancer and need to do chemo
Lifescape
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 17, 2019
It actually really really depends on the individual. Working for lifescape was by far the most eye opening job I've done. The schedule was super flexible. They have no limits to available overtime
It was one of the best jobs I ever had because it taught me alot about myself as a person and how to be a better person
Lead recreational activities/socialization groups (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 11, 2019
I learned compassion and felt the individuals I helped care for taught me alot about myself as a person.Just to see individuals smile and learn something new was a gift.
Fantastic Upstart
Internship (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VTJanuary 9, 2019
This is a quickly growing company with a great management/ownership team.

I had a lot of opportunity to work with their product, their team, and many potential clients. They are supported by an excellent development team, and they are owned by a tremendous management team.
great place to work!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 30, 2018
i loved my job at lifescape. i loved the staff, residents and my boss. i would still be working for this company had i not relocated. i miss my job as well as all the residents i cared for in the years i worked there.
Lifescape
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 26, 2018
Lifescape is the best job ive ever had! I love everyone i work with & the people i support! I would recommend this job to everybody. Lifescape is big on the team aspect which is crucial to their success, i LOVE this place!!
Relaxed atmosphere for the four residents.
Resident support Staff (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 6, 2018
I would arrive at Lifescape and immediately meet the residents who were brain injured men. I enjoyed getting to know each resident and their daily routine including the things they enjoyed. I thought Denise, the manager was very personable and approachable to discuss job particulars etc. The workplace culture revolved around meeting the needs of the residents and staff did things with them that were fun & enjoyable including outings, games and providing meals. I helped prepare meals in the evenings during this eight hour shift.

The hardest part of the job there, for me, was when unpredictable behavior occurred (one man would often grab a hot pot of coffee to drink it and needed to have it taken from his hand, arguments between the four residents) and assisting the residents re: their bathroom needs.
The most enjoyable part of the position was getting to know the residents.
Pros
Getting to know the residents and staff, free meals, outings in parks with the residents
Cons
I would have liked day hours instead of evenings, arguements and conflict between residents.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 17, 2018
Very flexible, friendly people. Good management, good benefits, very rewarding company involved in various volunteer projects. Gained a lot of self development from the position.
responsible career
Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 16, 2018
In a day at LifeScape you were very busy. A normal employee helps with activities such as day to day living like cooking, cleaning, laundry, medications. It is rewarding to help people. Over all it was a difficult job at times but could be relaxing sometimes too.
Pros
helping people
Cons
a lot of responsibilities
I was just a temp, but my experience was okay.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 19, 2018
I worked as a full-time employee for Lifescape, though only on a temporary basis. I received a wage of $13.00/hr, which I'm told was less than I deserved for my level of education, but I was a temp-hire working for a non-profit, so I didn't complain. My hours were from 8:00am to 4:30pm, with a 30 minute lunch break pretty much whenever I chose. The hours were flexible though, so if I wanted I could clock out to go out to eat and clock back in later. The important thing is that I worked my full 40 hours each week, so I just had to make up any time I took on lunch beyond 30 minutes later. Vise versa, if I worked longer than 8 hours on one day, I could head out a little early on another day, so that was nice. I did have my own office, though it was rather small and right outside a rather noisy, drafty entrance, but for what it's worth, it was cozy. Almost all of the other staff were friendly and approachable, and the "individuals" even more so.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Relatively low pay
That will be all that applied in my job advancenent
healthcare worker for 6 years experience (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 29, 2017
Help people support. The management is a goal, work culture staff are friendly to work together. The most enjoyable is to help people with their needs
Pros
Sometimes there may be enjoyable
Cons
sometimes there may be stress
Lifescape
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 19, 2017
Lifescape is a good job, but it was also stressful. I liked working with the people. I met some friends there. I didn't like the hours because I barely had free time. I worked a little over 40 hours a week.
helping diabled adults
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 17, 2017
helping disabled adults with everyday life skills I scheduled appointments and took them to and from, I helped with coordinating their events and over night travel vacations
Pros
people
Cons
people
different atmosphere every day.
Lead Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 14, 2017
room for advancement, agency is very supportive and respectful to all employees. working with people with disabilities and educating the community on disability etiquette.