LifeShare Blood Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent
Medical Tecnologist II (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 18, 2018
Excellent and getting better! The new CEO and executive team are constantly improving processes to make LBC more lean and more productive while maintaining that the employees are the biggest asset.
No stable hours/Coworkers are aggressive
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 9, 2018
The workers have no discipline. Coworkers bully incoming employees. Management Is only there to receive a paycheck. You do not get off at your scheduled time!
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Hours, Management, Workers
Horrible Company To Work For
Donor Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 8, 2017
Mess.. mess.. mess.. Management team starts all the mess between donor services staff. A lot of loading and unloading in rain, heat, sleet, and storm.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks, More work not enough pay, No room for advancement
Accomplished great satisfaction working with people
Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 22, 2017
Loved working at LifeShare Blood Centers. Loved the people I worked with. Loved working under pressure. Looked forward to meet new and return Donors.
Pros
Communicate with Donors
loved it
Donor Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 29, 2017
loved it,. pay is good and benefits are great. I would still be there but they closed down here. I loved the people I worked with. and the people that gave blood.
done
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 5, 2017
meaningful work. rather high stress environment simply because of the nature of the business - would not work for everyone. overall good company, very good benefits. tends to be very competative in some areas that report directly to upper management for acknowledgement/pats on back for all work - not just exceptional work. lots of stress for front line staff that deals directly with donors/customers.
Pros
provides life saving services to community
Cons
not much control over the factors that influence your job daily, inventory issues are significant during low donation times
not good for people with families
Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 15, 2017
good for single young adults. travel hours are crazy. changes to schedules made almost daily. i love the donor though. i love the interaction with the public. Blood donors rock!!!
Productive working place.
Apheresis Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 22, 2017
Awesome place to work with. Easy to get along. Employees are very friendly and it's a very rewarding job. It pays decent. And good working hours.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Short breaks
Lots of change and great new leadership
Quality (Current Employee) –  ShreveportJuly 15, 2016
Company is under a new CEO and seeing lots of new change that will greatly benefit the company. It is re-branding, redesigning and reaching out to make an impact in the community greater than ever before. It is only just starting this transformation but is is dramatic and greatly beneficial for them and those they serve,

It has a great atmosphere and is very open to change and input from employees, though I think there is so much change going on right now it is a bit overwhelming for the staff at times. With communication and involvement this is kept to a minimum though. Right now it is a nice mixture of new leaders with good experience and a focus on improvement and a clear vision of where we want to be.
Pros
Easy to be noticed by making improvements, lot of potential, great history and mission
Cons
spread out, non profit, in the middle of long term people not being in their normal comfort zones
not an ideal place to work, especially for someone with young children.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 28, 2016
Petty bickering amoung employees was a daily occurance.

Left alot to be desiered and wanted a non-hostile work environment

Want to know more about LifeShare Blood Centers?

Ask a question
Blood donors are great; a confused mgt. isn't.
Donor Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 21, 2016
I've worked with blood donors for 35 years. I was dedicated to making them enjoy being a donor and how important it was that they were helping patients. It was important that I kept the donors comfortable and safe during their donor procedure which could range from 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. The longer procedure was with a Trima aphaeresis machine - sort of a distant "relative" to your dialysis machine. I enjoyed looking at the video on the Da Vita site.
Pros
The blood donors.
Cons
A lot of confusion and a very real need of updating.
Fun place to work, management just didnt care about their employees at all.
Donor Tech II- Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 30, 2015
Working at Lifeshare Blood Centers I learned a lot about being in a workplace and working for a company that don't care about nothing but a blood number. It taught me if no one else in life appreciate you, make sure you show yourself some appreciation. I worked for Lifeshare Blood Centers for 3 years and 3 days until I told myself, that was enough. I'm not saying that I was some perfect employee, but I did my job and I was good at it. Its was just so much going on in one work place, I've seen a lot and I must say a lot been done Management ugh, ugh, ugh. I prefer not to even speak on them, thinking they can talk to you like you're their kids, just because they was falling short on doing their jobs the right way. Co-workers were ok from time to time. They had a couple of people in team leader position that I felt like should've been there. I didn't find my job, I loved what I did there it was just working for that company. I hope one day soon, someone will buy them out, put different individual in higher management position and maybe they'll get more units of blood instead of having to buy blood from other companies and maybe someday the company will operate correctly. I don't recommend anyone to work for Lifeshare until they learn how to appreciate their employees.
The need for blood is continuous. Patients depend on blood donations.
Donor Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 7, 2015
The need for blood is continuous, therefore it is imperative that there is an adequate blood supply. Each day is filled with blood drives in the community to help meet the needs of the medical facilities served. There are good days and bad. So many things are out of your control, such as weather, buses breaking down, issues with the drive host, etc. However, when drives do not take place or a drive doesn't meet it's expected goal, one is expected to make up those units. It is not easy to do, at times it is practically impossible.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to meet and interact with people of all ages and walks of life. There are several things that are hard, but the hardest to me is dealing with the loss of a patient, especially a child, that you have become closely entwined with due to their need for blood.
Productive busy work environment, fun working with donors
Donor services supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Dorado ARDecember 15, 2014
Overall the company goal of supplying blood to the local community is a good one. The culture can sometimes be a little intimidating if you feel unliked. It is best to concentrate on getting the job done and done correctly, not whether the management or other coworkers like you.
Pros
on big drives the company provides free lunch
Cons
the variance in hours from 6 to 13 per day.
Needs more management and support for staff
Donor Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 15, 2014
co workers were great but needs improved management, lots of traveling far from home on a daily basis, not very much up front training for recruiters, felt like we were thrown to the wolves due to lack of staff available to train
Productive workplace focused on giving our donors a satisfying donation process.
Telerecruiter (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work included calling donors to notify them that they are eligible to donate blood again and telerecruiting, field recruiting at mobile and set up drives whiles standing in extreme weather conditions, and making posters to advertise said blood drives.
I learned that this job is important in trying to recruit donors to give blood because we supply local hospitals with blood, plasma, and platelets for patients.
Management in my department were not very professional. An example of this would be if they wanted you to quit, they would begin to give you less hours until you decided to quit instead of confronting you directly about the problem.
Most of the coworkers were nice enough. Most of them have nothing better to do than gossip about someone. The staff is made up majority of women. There were maybe 5 or 6 males that worked in the entire center.
The hardest part of my job would have to be convincing donors to give blood.
The most enjoyable part would be traveling. It would be a good day when you're with a team you like and you make projection.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good hours
Cons
Short breaks, scheduling is random (could work 10 hours one day and 5 the next), part time does not get insurance
Great mission, horrible structure and management!!
Donor Resources Coordinator, Shreveport/Texarkana (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 8, 2014
There are no words to describe my experience... I am not allowed to discuss my personal feelings. LifeShare has a great mission.
Productive and demanding
Product Management/Hospital Services (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 25, 2014
Very busy on a daily basis. Making sure products are available to serve hospitals and other blood centers in a timely manner daily. management is decent and somewhat supportive. Co-workers are friendly and hard working. Hardest part of the job is the keeping up with demands for certain blood products, due to low donations on a particular blood type. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you help to save lives on a daily basis.
Pros
healthcare, vacation time
Lack of organization
Donor Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 16, 2013
Organization is very "top heavy". They do not pay their hard workers a competitive salary. Many disgruntled employees.
Rewarding Job, but HORRIBLE Management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 14, 2013
This job can be very rewarding, but the stress isn't worth the pay. The requirements and job description change weekly. You're called "salary," but if you miss time during the week, you'll be docked. It doesn't matter if you work Saturday and Sunday, 40+ hours, if you miss a M-F day, they'll take 8 hours of your PTO time. Management will remind you often that "you're salary" you work until the job gets done, but you won't find any of the managers out on the weekend or after-hours working blood drives or trying to bring in the units. Don't plan on having a life outside of LifeShare, because they expect you to work 7 days a week. Management acknowledges that there are not enough accounts to bring in the monthly amount of required units of blood, but will chew you out if you don't get the required 470 units!!
Pros
helping the community.
Cons
management has unrealistic expectations, they are quick to discipline employees, but never reward them, no room for growth/advancement