Lifespace Communities Employee Reviews

upper manaagement have no clue how to manage
Employee (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Upper management make unattainable goals and are hypocrites and do not know how to incorporate the company's core values. Been through 4 managers, 2 regional managers and 2 vice presidents during my tenure. Stay away.
Pros
Great residents and supporting staff
Cons
high turnover
Best place I’ve ever worked
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 11, 2019
This is the single best place I have ever worked. The DRS and all administration are very friendly and easy to talk to and get along with as are my coworkers. Everyone works very well together and despite what the scorn LPN stated it’s the best place I’ve ever worked.
Pros
Great coworkers, great management, beautiful community, happy residents
Cons
Everyone starts at same pay rate regardless of experience
lies all lies
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  longwood, fk.December 19, 2018
all liars,this place is a Cult, most of the residents don't like it there either,but they stole the elderly money.
They say they care about you but don't, they tax you to death.
Pros
Cons
cut throaters, liars
Not enough money or kindness at this job
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 4, 2018
I am a good employee who is not valueiam a good employee who under valued. I am punctual a have a very good attendance record. I am sorry I ever took the opportunity to work here.
Pros
Do not work late
Cons
Not enough pay
poor management and fire happy
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 14, 2018
Very disappointing in the management staff..In particular the don. Who listens to one or two people as the gospel without getting my side of a story, she has 2 complainers who ratted on me for not being able to work with me, for whatever reason I'm the most positive person to be around and they said they couldnt work with me so my lovely don fired me without any evidence or looking into it so dissapointing its ok I got another job paying 4 more an hour so no big loss, but the fact she likes to surround herself with negative people is beyond me. The 2 people that approached her are the 2 most negative people on earth. Backbiting co workers and management ( including the don on a daily basis) so ironic she listens to them so much she needs to put a bug in the breakroom and just listen it might open her ears to what really goes on there, and so underpaid for what I did, but glad this chapter of my 25 year nursing career is over and Im moving to a much more positive work environment.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management pay
A Hand-On Place to Work
Certified Nurse's Assistant/ Shower Aide (Current Employee) –  Upper St. Clair, PAJuly 25, 2018
I loved my job with Lifespace Communities.

The only reason why I had to leave was because there were no position openings at the time when I was looking for career advancement.
I really love this place because it is safe places too work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
Love this place because people really care for employees I will start soon as possible in this community .I want to stay working for this company until I'm retired
Pros
Good lunche
Cons
The break is good
Great Opportunity, No supportive infrastructure
Director of Culinary Operations (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 7, 2018
Plans and goals discussed, agreements made. Then no money to do anything. Extremely poor and incoherent financial management from onsite administrative team. Program sold to residents was inconsistent at best.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Poor community Executive Director.
Took excellent care of the retiring community
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSJune 13, 2018
I loved this job. I left because they outsourced billing and left me with no job. They really did embrace the culture that they promoted. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing one-on-one with the residents living at the community but when they outsourced billing it took away my ability to interact with the residents and that resulted in poor customer service. These residents were retired and didn't want to call a third party about a question on their monthly bill when they could just walk up to me and ask me what a charge was for.

Overall it was a great place to gain experience and have some fun on the way. The health insurance benefits far outweighed the salary because it is in the health care industry.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Couldn't be promoted without moving to Iowa
Don’t waste your time
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FL Abbey DelrayJune 6, 2018
This is a beautiful community lovely residence but employees are treated like nobody, your opinion is asked for but then toss back in your face. It’s a waste of time to be working somewhere that 99% of staff or not happy feel unappreciated not motivated the 1% who feels great and good are the ones in charge who gives orders and think that their employees jobs are easy.
Pros
Good benefits good pay
Cons
Management, turn over, pressure to do doubles, lying coworkers
productive workplace
Nursing asssistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 25, 2018
Assist clients with ADLs. Good work culture. Activities planned for residents throughout the year, and employees also have the opportunity to participate.
Pros
Christmas bonus
LICENSE PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 4, 2018
I had the pleasure of working in the assisted living unit with some of the best workers i have worked with since i have entered the work force. Management is helpful and supportive, there to assist when issues arise. Typical work day is some what laid back including getting report from morning nurse, read 24 hour report starting from the last day you work. Work place culture is very friendly and supportive always there to back staff in situation. The most enjoyable part of my day is taking care of my patients anticipating their needs and and making sure that they are happy with the services i have provided.
Pros
Best staff always willing to help supportive managers
Cons
Not enough facilities in the Illinois area
Not the best or worst place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 13, 2018
This was not the best place to work, and the management was mostly ill equipped to lead. Taking initiative was frowned upon in some regards, unless you were favored.

Compensation was distributed unfairly, with those in Sr. management giving themselves sizable bonuses—and the culture allowed only for those favored again to progress.

The office itself is a comfortable space; however, the inter-relations left something to be desired.
The Waterford in Juno Beach- A Lifespace Community
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLFebruary 28, 2018
As Activity personnel one may feel quite...under appreciated. The more you do the more Administration puts you down. Constant remarks that you are not “exceptional,” yet family members and residents are extremely pleased; especially compared to what was in place previously. Having Scoundrels of assistants and Human Resources as well as Administrator allow for individual to constantly disrespect and diminish your authority.
Pros
It’s a clean community, well compensated
Cons
Poor managerial structure, Constant turn over, fear of terminating lackadaisical staff—but will terminate good staff
Just say "no"
Department director (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 22, 2018
What I was led to believe would be an opportunity of a lifetime turned out to be the worst career move I've ever made. Lacking in leadership. Poor corporate and community work culture.
Review
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 15, 2018
There is no job security with this company. Upper management doesn't care about employees. Favoritism is a normal practice for upper managers. A lot of good, caring people left. The turn over is huge.
Paid time off
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MNFebruary 8, 2018
The job and compensation seems to be ok on the beginning. However, this company is cheap and does not pay a lot of sick or vacation's time off. Each paycheck, you will accumulate around 4,5 hours of sick and vacations hours all together. If you were sick and do not have enough sick hours to cover your absent, the company will NOT use any vacation to cover these days. Doctor note or not, nobody cares about. Besides, people making stories up about your behaviors or appearances. People also are very territorial....and if they do not like you, then you will not be accepted into a group.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Few hours each paycheck for PTO
Nothing good last forever.
RN (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Used to be a wonderful place to work. Good managers left after being promoted. New people come in and always change things before assessing current culture. Then they leave/get fired. The changes stay. Stripped away benefits. Cut the amount of staff to work. Residents still expect the same care.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations for staff.
Very good resident's
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLDecember 9, 2017
Wonderful Resident's .
The only reason why I leave Waterford was for the Bullying , I Suffered from part of the housekeeping director, supervisor and some coworkers .
Pros
good pay, and very good benefits
Cons
director management
Fun place to work, great community
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 6, 2017
I loved working at Beacon Hill. It's a great sense of community and the co-workers became like family. The staff is very diverse which is great. The building just got renovations last year so most of the building is brand new and very nice. There is also a Starbucks inside which is a nice bonus! I worked in food service in the health center. They train you for different positions so it doesn't get boring, and the work is pretty straight forward so I enjoyed it.
Pros
Free food for foodservice workers
Cons
Pay is average