Lifespace Communities Employee Reviews

I really love this place because it is safe places too work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
Love this place because people really care for employees I will start soon as possible in this community .I want to stay working for this company until I'm retired
Pros
Good lunche
Cons
The break is good
Great Opportunity, No supportive infrastructure
Director of Culinary Operations (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 7, 2018
Plans and goals discussed, agreements made. Then no money to do anything. Extremely poor and incoherent financial management from onsite administrative team. Program sold to residents was inconsistent at best.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Poor community Executive Director.
Took excellent care of the retiring community
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSJune 13, 2018
I loved this job. I left because they outsourced billing and left me with no job. They really did embrace the culture that they promoted. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing one-on-one with the residents living at the community but when they outsourced billing it took away my ability to interact with the residents and that resulted in poor customer service. These residents were retired and didn't want to call a third party about a question on their monthly bill when they could just walk up to me and ask me what a charge was for.

Overall it was a great place to gain experience and have some fun on the way. The health insurance benefits far outweighed the salary because it is in the health care industry.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Couldn't be promoted without moving to Iowa
Don’t waste your time
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FL Abbey DelrayJune 6, 2018
This is a beautiful community lovely residence but employees are treated like nobody, your opinion is asked for but then toss back in your face. It’s a waste of time to be working somewhere that 99% of staff or not happy feel unappreciated not motivated the 1% who feels great and good are the ones in charge who gives orders and think that their employees jobs are easy.
Pros
Good benefits good pay
Cons
Management, turn over, pressure to do doubles, lying coworkers
productive workplace
Nursing asssistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 25, 2018
Assist clients with ADLs. Good work culture. Activities planned for residents throughout the year, and employees also have the opportunity to participate.
Pros
Christmas bonus
LICENSE PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 4, 2018
I had the pleasure of working in the assisted living unit with some of the best workers i have worked with since i have entered the work force. Management is helpful and supportive, there to assist when issues arise. Typical work day is some what laid back including getting report from morning nurse, read 24 hour report starting from the last day you work. Work place culture is very friendly and supportive always there to back staff in situation. The most enjoyable part of my day is taking care of my patients anticipating their needs and and making sure that they are happy with the services i have provided.
Pros
Best staff always willing to help supportive managers
Cons
Not enough facilities in the Illinois area
Not the best or worst place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 13, 2018
This was not the best place to work, and the management was mostly ill equipped to lead. Taking initiative was frowned upon in some regards, unless you were favored.

Compensation was distributed unfairly, with those in Sr. management giving themselves sizable bonuses—and the culture allowed only for those favored again to progress.

The office itself is a comfortable space; however, the inter-relations left something to be desired.
The Waterford in Juno Beach- A Lifespace Community
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLFebruary 28, 2018
As Activity personnel one may feel quite...under appreciated. The more you do the more Administration puts you down. Constant remarks that you are not “exceptional,” yet family members and residents are extremely pleased; especially compared to what was in place previously. Having Scoundrels of assistants and Human Resources as well as Administrator allow for individual to constantly disrespect and diminish your authority.
Pros
It’s a clean community, well compensated
Cons
Poor managerial structure, Constant turn over, fear of terminating lackadaisical staff—but will terminate good staff
Just say "no"
Department director (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 22, 2018
What I was led to believe would be an opportunity of a lifetime turned out to be the worst career move I've ever made. Lacking in leadership. Poor corporate and community work culture.
Review
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 15, 2018
There is no job security with this company. Upper management doesn't care about employees. Favoritism is a normal practice for upper managers. A lot of good, caring people left. The turn over is huge.
Paid time off
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MNFebruary 8, 2018
The job and compensation seems to be ok on the beginning. However, this company is cheap and does not pay a lot of sick or vacation's time off. Each paycheck, you will accumulate around 4,5 hours of sick and vacations hours all together. If you were sick and do not have enough sick hours to cover your absent, the company will NOT use any vacation to cover these days. Doctor note or not, nobody cares about. Besides, people making stories up about your behaviors or appearances. People also are very territorial....and if they do not like you, then you will not be accepted into a group.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Few hours each paycheck for PTO
The place was nice.
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 31, 2018
The place was nice, management not good. When you are sick and you have to call in you have to fine a replacement to work for you and if not you have to work by yourself.
Pros
Nice fcility
Cons
Mismanage.
Nothing good last forever.
RN (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Used to be a wonderful place to work. Good managers left after being promoted. New people come in and always change things before assessing current culture. Then they leave/get fired. The changes stay. Stripped away benefits. Cut the amount of staff to work. Residents still expect the same care.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations for staff.
Very good resident's
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLDecember 9, 2017
Wonderful Resident's .
The only reason why I leave Waterford was for the Bullying , I Suffered from part of the housekeeping director, supervisor and some coworkers .
Pros
good pay, and very good benefits
Cons
director management
Fun place to work, great community
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 6, 2017
I loved working at Beacon Hill. It's a great sense of community and the co-workers became like family. The staff is very diverse which is great. The building just got renovations last year so most of the building is brand new and very nice. There is also a Starbucks inside which is a nice bonus! I worked in food service in the health center. They train you for different positions so it doesn't get boring, and the work is pretty straight forward so I enjoyed it.
Pros
Free food for foodservice workers
Cons
Pay is average
Energizing company with a great mission
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 1, 2017
For the past year I have been working with Lifespace as an independent consultant and am very impressed with the steps taken in recent years. Company has recently gone through management change and now has renewed focus on reinvesting in communities and growing.
A lot of work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 28, 2017
They were cutting all of the benefits that were made for college students. They had scholarships college students and they shut that down for no reason.
Awesome Workplace
Home Health Aid PRN (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
LifeSpace is an awesome place to work !! The scheduling staff works hard to accommodate your work hours and schedule you with clients that you would be compatible with.
Great training poor execution
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 23, 2017
The culture training is excellent; however, the training implemented is not what is practiced or embraced. In theory it is a great organization which operates like a for profit under the umbrella of a non-profit badge.
Pros
Training
Cons
Follow-thru, disconnect between management and staff
typical day at work is productive
Certified Home Health Aide / housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2017
it make me feel good to know at the end of the day knowing i made a different in our resident life if its changing a hearing aide battery or watering the flowers or cleaning a mirror,i know that this is what make our resident smile even though it seems small to us,its a really big deal to the resident and that is what i look forward too each day.
Pros
we pay a small fee, thats good
Cons
breaks are good