Lifespace Communities

Lifespace Communities Employee Reviews

United States56 reviews
New ceo
Stabilization is needed with a clear direction. Culture needs to be embraced from the top down. I’m sure with a new CEO things will improve the stability of the company
Not a solid career choice
The company has a poor occupancy rate and is not meeting its numbers so management has decided to be very difficult to team members instead of showing empathy. The company has no career advancement yet you are asked to perform more and more duties for the same pay.
benefits
Cons
toxic work culture, work life balance, career advancement
Very great place to work
Love working at lifespace communities.management and HR are all receptive and caring,understanding they value your hard work and respects your opinion . Flexible working hours and a chance to choose working hours
Dietary aid assistance
I would highly Not recommend working here unless you are able to handle a lot of stress long hours where talking 5-13 hr shifts 6 days a week and only having 1 day off out the week if your lucky. If you got the heart and patience this is for you if you have a learning disability and have a week immunity to germs and sick people i would not recommend this.
February 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While long workdays are necessary from time to time to ensure our residents receive the best service possible, our organization is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance. Not only are we consistently hiring for positions within departments that need additional resources, we encourage team members to reach out to their managers with any concerns regarding workload. We’re also fully committed to accommodating team members with disabilities and our leadership team is more than happy to work with our staff to ensure everyone’s schedule and responsibilities are suitable. Furthermore, we continually promote a healthy workplace through various infection control measures. In addition to on-site vaccinations for both team members and residents, we offer education on the signs and symptoms of various illnesses, hand hygiene and disease prevention. Please feel free to reach out to our HR team at ASKHR@lifespacecommunities.com if you’d like to discuss your concerns in greater detail. Our doors are always open.
Productive and fun place to work in
good place to work, independent dinning room has an awsome dining room and a very functional kitchen, food is pretty good and is made almost 100 % from scratch
February 27, 2020
We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your role within our organization. As a department head, your enthusiasm for your work is important to team member morale and success. We greatly appreciate your contributions, especially given that food is one of the most pivotal aspects of the community experience for our residents.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not great
Honetly, i did not enjoy my time working for Lifespace communities. My supervisor was very odd and disrespectful towards me on numerous occasions. I would advise against working here. just don't do it
February 27, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our organization is committed to treating all team members with respect and dignity. Your experience is inconsistent with our values and expectations of our leadership team, and we’re disappointed to have lost your recommendation as a result. We welcome the opportunity to learn more so we can address your concerns appropriately. Please reach out to our HR department at ASKHR@lifespacecommunities.com to share additional details. Thank you.
The company speaks about culture, but it is a very TOXIC work environment. Senior leadership have one thing in mind their bonuses..
When I was recruited, I was told that this was a great place to work. That each team member's was important to the overall success of the company. That opinions do matter. And the home office had a very strong commitment to team members experience through their culture of "Living Lifespace". Don't buy into this hype. Only middle and senior management "Lives Lifespace". Only apply if you are looking at a leadership role as this is the only role that is important in with this company.
December 23, 2019
We’re disappointed to learn about your experience and that you feel your efforts are underappreciated. All positions within Lifespace Communities are incredibly important and have a meaningful impact on the residents and families we serve. We spend significant time and resources on Living Lifespace because work culture and empowered team members are crucial to providing seniors an unbeatable retirement experience. We would love the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns and reinforce just how important you are to our residents, our communities and our organization at large. Please connect with human resources at 515-288-5805.
Great company
After working for a remote location of the organization I relocated to Iowa to work for this company. We loved our time in Des Moines and would have likely never left if it were not for the opportunity to make such a significant career advancement and come back home.
December 4, 2019
It’s always an honor to hear from former team members like yourself regarding how much they enjoyed their time with us. Your experience is a shining example of the vibrant workplace culture at Lifespace and we’re happy to have been such a memorable part of your career. Thank you so much for the positive review and for your contributions to our organization.
Great Place to Work
Great Place to work! Management is great. Work/Life balance is fantastic. Highly recommend anyone to apply. Very challenging work. You will never be bored.
December 4, 2019
Such a positive experience is what we strive for all our team members, and we’re thrilled to hear about how much you’re enjoying your time with us. Thank you for the five-star review and for your contributions to our organization.
A good place to work with a fun atmosphere
The management was awesome and I thoroughly enjoy my job there. It was a fun atmosphere and, while it’s a stressful job, the people you work with are friendly and a joy to interact with
September 3, 2019
We understand that workplace environment plays a major role in team member satisfaction, which is why we’re committed to ensuring everyone who works here feels at home. Part of that is through our friendly and engaging culture, as well as our supportive and committed leadership team. We’re thrilled to hear that these aspects made your time at Lifespace an enjoyable one. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lifespace Communities?
Do your research “ not all that shines is Gold”
The residents are wonderful people with yet a lot of life in them. Unfortunately, I didn’t ask enough questions as to the dynamics of the department I was hired to work with. Only to find out that the administrative Team I worked for has no work ethics, don’t care about the Residents, close there eyes to what does not benefit there click and therefore you will find a revolving door of employees. Good Luck!!
Pros
Residents are Wonderful.
Cons
Big family dynamics in team members and Administrative personnel, Cultural clicks, low pay scale
August 26, 2019
Our expectation for the professionalism and performance of our team members deeply contrasts your experience with Lifespace Communities. Regardless of whether you work at one of our 15 communities or home office, the same high standards apply to everyone who represents our organization. We would app reciate the opportunity to learn more about your time with us, and address some of your specific comments. Please contact our human resources department at 515-288-5805.
Christmas bonus
There is a lot of favoritism sometimes I believe bc of how long a person been there and if your just doing your job to keep your work ethic right in your area it gets over looked not ever been praised for my good work. I was a cook in there grill and I know seeing the residents at life Space satisfied with there meal and paiseing you and thanking made me feel accomplished but never from superiors. Plus I have warn them about internal theft and nothing was done bc of favoritism. It's really sad.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits for PT
August 26, 2019
Favoritism runs contrary to the core values that Lifespace practices and promotes. We’re disappointed to learn that you felt unappreciated and would like to learn more. Please call our compliance hotline at 877-219-1121 and provide your name so we can discuss this in more detail. We also take allega tions of theft very seriously and hope to learn more from you during our conversation. Thank you.
I like working there just don’t like the administrator she sucks and knows nothing about nursing
The administration they have at the Lombard location sucks they need a new team the administrator and the assisted administrator have no compassion for their staff.they changed your schdule with out your permission or a warning.
August 26, 2019
Lifespace strives to hire the best and brightest in the field of senior living, from leadership to each valued team member. We’re sorry to learn you’re discouraged and would like to learn more. Please contact our compliance hotline at 877-219-1121. We hope to hear from you. Thank you!
Hostile,stressful, understaffed, with poor management at all levels!
Hardest part of the job was showing up for work, the most enjoyable part was going home! If you like being hit by a bus this is the it! A liar's home
Pros
None worth Mentioning
Cons
Hostile
August 26, 2019
It’s clear from your review that you were dissatisfied with your experience as a Lifespace team member. We are sad to learn this was your reality. We’d appreciate the opportunity to learn more, as your comments don’t reflect the culture we’ve worked hard to create. We take our mission seriously to provide career opportunities where team members can flourish in the rewarding field of senior living. If you are willing, please reach out to Lifespace’s corporate compliance hotline at 877-219-1121 so we can discuss your concerns in detail.
upper manaagement have no clue how to manage
Upper management make unattainable goals and are hypocrites and do not know how to incorporate the company's core values. Been through 4 managers, 2 regional managers and 2 vice presidents during my tenure. Stay away.
Pros
Great residents and supporting staff
Cons
high turnover
Best place I’ve ever worked
This is the single best place I have ever worked. The DRS and all administration are very friendly and easy to talk to and get along with as are my coworkers. Everyone works very well together and despite what the scorn LPN stated it’s the best place I’ve ever worked.
Pros
Great coworkers, great management, beautiful community, happy residents
Cons
Everyone starts at same pay rate regardless of experience
lies all lies
all liars,this place is a Cult, most of the residents don't like it there either,but they stole the elderly money.
They say they care about you but don't, they tax you to death.
Pros
Cons
cut throaters, liars
It was a good company to work for when I first started but lots changed within the 6 years I was there
I would recommend the company to friends but not a management role as they expect a lot from management. The department I worked in was fun and the management team worked well together. My direct supervisor was a great person whom took the time to help develop my role within the company. I left .
due to lack of advancement within the company and went to work for one of our competitors
Not enough money or kindness at this job
I am a good employee who is not valueiam a good employee who under valued. I am punctual a have a very good attendance record. I am sorry I ever took the opportunity to work here.
Pros
Do not work late
Cons
Not enough pay
poor management and fire happy
Very disappointing in the management staff..In particular the don. Who listens to one or two people as the gospel without getting my side of a story, she has 2 complainers who ratted on me for not being able to work with me, for whatever reason I'm the most positive person to be around and they said they couldnt work with me so my lovely don fired me without any evidence or looking into it so dissapointing its ok I got another job paying 4 more an hour so no big loss, but the fact she likes to surround herself with negative people is beyond me. The 2 people that approached her are the 2 most negative people on earth. Backbiting co workers and management ( including the don on a daily basis) so ironic she listens to them so much she needs to put a bug in the breakroom and just listen it might open her ears to what really goes on there, and so underpaid for what I did, but glad this chapter of my 25 year nursing career is over and Im moving to a much more positive work environment.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management pay
A great place to work, the residents and team members all have a great attitude and strong work ethic.
I have grown and learned so much at Beacon Hill, all with great thanks to my boss, director of the Lifestyle department. He has sent me to seminars, shown me all the different areas within the retirement community, while training me to hold any situation that may arise upon his absence. The greatest part of working at Beacon Hill is truly the residents, I have such a bond with everyone I meet and love the support we share for each other. I have certainly gained a great amount of multi tasking skills at Beacon Hill, while managing multiple departments and making sure all areas of the community are communicated with efficiently. In all i enjoy my job and I truly wish there was room for growth or at least pay increase as I cannot afford to work at Beacon Hill any longer.
Pros
Pool/Exercise gym available 24/7
Cons
Minimum pay for extreme and increasing work loads.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifespace Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9