Lifespan
62Average

Lifespan Employee Reviews

United States285 reviews
Provide services for people with disabilities
The day is working one-on-one with an individual that has disabilities. The typical day would include working on motor skills and going on community outings to enhance socialization.
Good and bad
Good by ensuring the employees with health benefit. Bad by not informative in information to the employee. It pain my heart I have to work there. I am tired
Poor Management
Managers don’t care. Favoritism in non union jobs. Not enough PPE to preform my job. CEO and Managers getting bonuses nothing for essential workers.
Very good place to work
My job was 9 to 5. Worked extra hours at month end. I learned how to do financial statements. The people were great. Very good work atmosphere. It was a very good place to work. My job was eliminated due to downsizing.
good place to work with great coworkers
Lifespan was a great place to work and the people made it even better. Over my eight years of employment I have made some life long friends as well as gained so much experience and knowledge in so many areas.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
HelpDesk is thankless and tiring
Management was originally from another extremely toxic work environment in the Rhode Island area that ran the employee base of the HelpDesk into the ground. At the time I had worked there in 2015 I had been mugged on the way into work and after working through the shift of the night it had occurred, told the management that I would need to take the next day out to have the injuries I had suffered checked.

Management made it a point to make me feel guilty for taking the next day off because it would have put the shift into a bind and explained the difficulty of getting other shifts to cover the position.

People were put into authoritative positions that were either under to completely unqualified for the positions they had been promoted to. Call Quality and Call Metrics for a HelpDesk were a farce that followed the capriciousness of whether the management or supervisors LIKED the person.

Senior management and the board of directors were completely unaware of the manager's attitudes; being completely snowed over by the awesomeness of the manager's previous experience and the padded reports the manager was provided.

It's been some years since I've worked there and hopefully the cancer of management has been shaken up and cleaned out by the time this review gets posted.
N/a
If you are not a follower you have no choice! Political and social security within the Human Resources is badly needed. There’s no one in the hospital that doesn’t work with the same issues. Everyone o spoke to felt the same.
Horrible
The management is horrible and the chiefs are money hungry. They cut PTO for all staff except administrative and proceeded to give $10,000 raises to corporate staff. This company is a joke!
Overwhelming and disrespected
Huge caseload which causes the client to be at high risk of being neglected. Employees are not respected. Different supervisors, different rules. Continual new crazy rules for employees. Only certain things allowed in your desk, continual changes, high expectation with little encouragement, the caseload is so crazy high that it’s impossible to provide the Monitoring and support that clients need.
Executive staff
Often times we are quick to rebuke direct managers , but in my case my manager was excellent. The problems here are with the C level execs who torched the place and had to hire an outside firm to teach them how to turn the tanker around. Wait and see is the soup di jour these days but ...time will tell
RUN, Don't walk from this place
When your hired your sold a "happy work environment filled with purpose" then you get to your desk and your surrounded by back stabbing manipulative teammates and a manager who is the biggest bully you've ever encountered. Every day your set up for failure because training is only given to you if it's free. Their slogan is only that, a slogan NOT a frame of mind irregardless of what they tell you to your face. At the end of the day this is a corporation that only cares about it's bottom line. Equipment is ancient and their motto right now is "do more with less" (since they lost $55 million last year) so good luck getting what you need or the time to actually do your job effectively and by their standards.
Very fulfulling
Very enjoyable and fulfilling helping people with special needs maintaining normalcy in employment. I also found and contacted prospective employers for my clients.
Culture/Diversity
little diversity within my team Management and staff knew each other personally which made an unprof work environment. never felt accepted within comp
decline to answer
I do not want to answer this question at this time, I can not give a answer to this question at this time. maybe at a later time i can answer appropriately
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Beaumont location sucks
This company really dont care about their clients or employees the office woker dont know how to do their jobs correctly there is one or two people in the office that are nice and will help you if you need it
Pros
Good pay if you work as a special
Cons
The boss dosent know her job
not supportive
Not supportive for growth. Do not hold people who do not do their jobs accountable. Management plays favorites. They do not explain the expectations for the position. They change their mind on direction and priorities daily
Life Span helps a great many seniors and the handicapped.
The hiring manager was very helpful. I was required to take multiple classes online. We often had on site training. I had several clients that i truly enjoyed taking care of. I could only hope that when i need care i will be able to find it.
Pros
The help a great many people, hours are flexable, they gave me all the work i wanted.
Cons
Being in the homes of people who are sick, and have mold in their homes, or those that are disgustingly filthy.
Crazy busy work day.Most times no time for lunch
Work very hard.Understaffed especially with CNA.Underapprecated most times.Complaints about incremental OT. Place is crazy busy and difficult to get out on time.Get written up if there are too many sick calls even with a doctor note.Totallly uncaring!
This company was nothing like I expected
The clients were a great pleasure to work with. I loved helping them so much. The manager and company are very messy and don’t care too much for the clients. Their is little to no professionalism with this company. Please if you love peace don’t work for Lifespan
Very productive workplace
I have learned a lot from the few months of working at this place. I learn from my coworkers especially the physicians that work there. I also learned things like medication reconciliation.
Good
The hardest part of the job was figuring out the people I was watching making sure they didn't get hurt. Medicine had to be on time when they needed it
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifespan. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight