Lifespan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing company to work for
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 26, 2018
Best job I ever Had cannot complain about the work schedule or the work environment. Truly is an amazing company with great benefits and hours. Teamwork plays a major role and is held to a high expectation
Alright
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2018
Clients expect more than is required of job. They would have a person that was doing things outside of the job description and they expect you will do the same as the last person. Also the person calling to give job assignments was not giving all the information on the client before trying to send you out to a clients house. After refusing to go to a particular area was not called for any more job assignments.
Very dynamic workplace
Medical Staff Services Credentialing Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 14, 2018
Dependent on what realm one is immersed, whether clinical or administrative - the atmosphere at Lifespan is highly respectable and complex.

I've learned numerous skills both intentionally trained by the company and inadvertently through every day experience.

This is a great place to work for and would highly recommend to any candidate and would return again.
Pros
Great benefits, plenty of opportunities. Diverse cultures throughout all 4 hospital campuses.
Cons
Making formidable change can be a bit daunting in such a large, complex corporation
Productive, fast pace,
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCMay 2, 2018
very productive job, sewing,rolling,sealing bandages and compressed gauze, good people, great relationships. good management, hardest part is back pain.
It was really fun
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 30, 2018
It was very nice working with Lifespan Summer Youth Program.
The workplace was very nice and the management was very helpful.
I enjoyed meeting new people and gaining new experiences
Pros
fun
Cons
sometimes slow pacce
Not how it seems
PFS, Follow-up Rep (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 25, 2018
The employees in the hospitals are treated fantastic, the benefits are great, behind the scenes office/billing and corporate services are treated very poorly
Gerat company
Resident service manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasApril 22, 2018
I enjoy working with a great team of great company great leadership management business shipmanagement all the way CEO I enjoy working with the team and a CEO that had great leadership management business character
Pros
Always attended free luncheon
Cons
Attended free brushes
Safe and predictable place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 13, 2018
Lost my job because I broke my wrist .... overall, the work atmosphere was good , coworkers were friendly, however the job didn’t offer much opportunity and advancement towards bigger goals
Pros
Predictibility
Cons
Not enough creativity and stimulation
it was interesting ok i guess
Clerical Group Leader Medical Records (Former Employee) –  LifespanApril 12, 2018
The job started as to be presented as one title then as that manager left and I was hired the other manger tried to cover the loss of the manager. This was a feat that was not going to be completed their was just to much to do for one manager.
It was a pretty good place to work when the new manager came in, then the place seemed to balance out and the job described became defined.
This is about all that I would like to say.
Pros
lunch room
Cons
short time to come and to go, no talking at all in the room
Enjoyed working with the patient.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 10, 2018
Enjoyed taken care of the patient, cooking, cleaning and doing activities with them. Co-workers worked well together. Had a good management staff. If you needed overtime they would work with to make sure you get it.
great
High Tech Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
love the workplace
lack of hours depends on client
always stays on task and employees are friendly
yearly checkups and calls
time management
lack of hours
Worse working experience of my career
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 21, 2018
Hostile work environent led by the CNO and ACNO. It is very disappointing because it doesnt have to be that way. Staff are committed but unfortunately senior leadership gets in the way of something great.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great Company to work for, Consumer oriented company.
Group Home Manager/Community Coach (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2018
A typical work day at LifeSpan was usually busy. I learned how to do ERR's, payroll, budgets, Shopping for individuals needs, scheduling Dr's appointment and taking consumers to appointments.
Management had many hats to wear. Due to the nature of the business you may have to do personal care, pick ups from programs.
The hardest was when you had to do your work and fill in if you were short of staff. Working and being apart of the consumers life with disabilities.
Pros
Safe enviroment to work. Respect of family emergencies. Vacation
Great company to work for!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 14, 2018
I have no complainants while working for Lifespan. If I didn't have to relocate I would not leave. My co workers and supervisors will be missed. I felt like the staff at Lifespan always showed great team work.
Always on the go with deadlines
Administrative Assistant/Committee Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 26, 2018
Lifespan is a great organization to work for and I feel privileged to work for an organization such as Lifespan. It's an extremely busy organization with deadlines with the team work we have here it's always possible to meet our deadlines.
Terrible political culture. Do not work here
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 22, 2018
Extremely political culture where the business sector is treated like garbage. Many clinical people are extremely rude and actually had one angrily throw a notebook at me in a formal meeting. Absolutely no repercussions whatsoever even after I reported it. Turnover is extremely high and management expects you to fill the gap by performing that person's job in addition to your own continuing the cycle of being constantly behind despite putting in unpaid overtime.
Pros
Cafeterias occasionally have good food
Cons
Poor management, hostile culture, unreasonable expectations, extremely political
Extremely hostile culture with no support from management.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 22, 2018
If you are in the business sector I do not recommend working here. The culture is extremely divided as in "suits vs scrubs" where clinical staff is unresponsive and extremely hostile with no repercussions to the point where they literally throw things at you during formal meetings. Management is extremely poor and does not provide any support. Burnout and turnover is extremely high and you are expected to fill the many gaps at below average salaries.
Pros
Cafeterias were decent
Cons
Poor management, hostile work environment, low salary
Superb Position
Senior Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day would be designing computer courses for the employees of Lifespan (>8000 in 5 affiliates) and then deciding on a sensible teaching schedule to represent each affiliate.

I learned the software available to design, determine, and book classes at each of the affiliates.

Workplace culture allowed the professional to decide on a sensible and effective schedule.

The only tricky part was teaching new software to the medical doctors of the largest affiliate. They had to know the software to assure winning research funds. It took a bit of time to be sure they calmly learned the proprietary software.

The opportunity to design basic use of software for our ESL employees. The enthusiastic attendance of all employees who found learning software they needed for their positions to be clear and "pain-less"
Pros
Opportunity to Design Classes
Cons
Trying to fit in the needs of a corporation of >8000 employees.
Horrible Hospital
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 18, 2018
Managers play favorites badly and if they don’t like you they will do anything and everything to get you fired. 3rd shift nurses love to sit and talk more than anything. They’re all smiles in a patients room and as soon as they step out they’re complaining or talking bad about them. ER department on 3rd shift is a joke as well. I highly don’t recommend The Miriam Hospital.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Terrible management
Nice place to work
Billing /Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 17, 2018
I did not work at the main office so don't feel that I should review here. The office I worked at was relocated to the billing at the main hub. Most of us were laid off.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Healthcare benefits have been increasing deductibles and co-pays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifespan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight