Lifespan Employee Reviews

A typical work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2018
They do not seem to value the employees here at Rhode Island hospital. We appear to be dispensable. We are not worthy of fair wages and benefits, safe staffing, equipment or supplies.
My work place
Certified Nursing Assistant/ PCT (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2018
A diverse work place. Challenges my work ethics and skills. I have grown personally and professionally as an employee at Rhode Island Hospital. Emergency medicine is exciting and rewarding, never a dull moment.
Underwhelmed
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 2, 2018
There are many positive things about working for a level one Trauma center, it's a rich experience. Unfortunately there has been a change of administration that doesn't value it's employees and can be punitive instead of corrective . They cut ancillary staff and expect much more with much less, causing high turnover and staff burnout. They spend millions on consultants and don't listen to its employees. Unfortunately will never achieve magnet status this way.
Cons
Unpaid lunch often taken on unit due to not enough staff
Not a nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 29, 2018
Lifespan does not care about their staff or their patients. They cry poverty, yet are a very top heavy institution with lots of managers and leadership making well over 6 figures, many over a million a year. Yet the hospital is grossly understaffed, we never have the supplies needed to take care of our patients, our vital equipment is old, broken, falling apart and outdated! The environment is also dirty, falling apart, paint chipping, dirty food trays everywhere, dried blood on walls, floors, "clean" beds, etc.

They are punitive, focused on discipline and do not treat their staff like professionals. It is nearly impossible to get time off and if you get sick and call in on a weekend it counts as double and you also have to make up the day(s). The list goes on, but I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
see review
Inconsistent Work Place
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 19, 2018
A typical day consists of sitting at your cubical reviewing charges providers have dropped for accuracy. I was able to gain a great amount of experience coding other specialties. Unfortunately my training wasn't that great but I think I caught on fairly quickly.
Policies here are not consistent throughout the organization. We aren't supposed to ask each other questions, only to management. Constant flip flopping of how something should be coded. Providers aren't educated enough in my opinion on proper documentation. Providers can sometimes be difficult to correspond with.
My co-workers make this place enjoyable. They are friendly and very helpful.
Good to work for.
Provider (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 18, 2018
If you are looking for a part time type job perfect. Patients are easy to sit for. Never worked over 7 hours a day or 32 hours a week. Easy papper work to turn in.
Cons
Pay is low
Productive, busy
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 10, 2018
Interesting job and I learned a lot. Worked with attorneys as a Legal Accounts person. Enjoyed working with patients and physicians as a patient service representative.
Fun loving Place to work BUT
Community Enrichment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJune 26, 2018
Very open atmosphere alone with good staff.Very Physical at times.But all in all,Love the open relationship with Management,Staff and Individuals whom we Support for life Goals and there Achievments
Pros
Very open to personal situations as work, become stress full
Cons
the physical and Mental situaions for the lack of pay isnt woth it
great place to work
Food Service Worker/cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 26, 2018
fun place to work ,staff is great to work with, management is good, benefits are awesome .enjoyed working there, had to leave after my son was born to stay home with him.
Productive, great staff
Nursing Resource Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 23, 2018
Coming to work is easier when you work with people who support you. They give you the tools and resources you need to succeed. The management cares for your own opinions.
Awful place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 21, 2018
Lifespan only worries about the money. They are short staffed through out the hospital and most staff is miserable from nursing to doctors. They have outsourced as much as they can and are trying to cut all of the benefits while raising the cost of copays and deductibles. Lowest paid nurses in the state. Doctor driven facility that does not care about nursing. They think nursing is over paid and under worked. There is minimal ancillary staff so that nursing staff does everything from secretarial work to transport to housekeeping. So get your skates on if you want to work there. On the upside, if you can work here and not be completely stressed out you can work anywhere successfully.
Pros
Good maney and plenty of OT
Cons
above
Patient Access
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 20, 2018
The Manager is rude, unprofessional and mentally and verbally abusive. Nothing is done about it.

Director allows this to continue and even when told does nothing about it.

Rude, abusive, bullying and talking down.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Abusive Manager, and Director allows it
Nice culture/
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2018
Lots of celebrations
They celebrate everyone’s accomplishments

Fancy titles but low salaries

Supervisors talk to each other in order to be in concensus about employee making a complaint.
Lifespan
Claims Follow Up Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 19, 2018
Great place to advance and earn a living. Great benefits. Management can be unethical. Overall a great establishment to work for , for future advancement.
Great people in IT/Corporate setting
Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 18, 2018
Lifespan's employees are dedicated and hardworking individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job was implementing and planning large projects with different leaders across the organization.
Based on if you do in home or out of home respite
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 15, 2018
You don’t get paid much at all for the work you do. Some of the people you take care of are very difficult and you don’t make anything but minimum wage
Pros
Good with working around schedules
Cons
You have to figure out everything on your own, long training days, not the best management
Brick and mortar office work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 6, 2018
Lifespan is stuck in the last century of corporate work workplace culture and they seem to like it which isn't a problem for most, it's just not going to work out in the long run when everyone is looking for a better corporate culture.
So, So
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXJune 4, 2018
I went in for the interview, they were nice. My work hours were fine and I had plenty of time for my schooling too. I was not so happy with the benefits offered though.
Pros
hours were nice
Cons
not an easy job to do
Amazing company to work for
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 26, 2018
Best job I ever Had cannot complain about the work schedule or the work environment. Truly is an amazing company with great benefits and hours. Teamwork plays a major role and is held to a high expectation
Alright
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2018
Clients expect more than is required of job. They would have a person that was doing things outside of the job description and they expect you will do the same as the last person. Also the person calling to give job assignments was not giving all the information on the client before trying to send you out to a clients house. After refusing to go to a particular area was not called for any more job assignments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifespan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight