Lifespan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The community went down with the county
Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 16, 2018
Need to trust staff and listen to what was being said and give them an opportunity to explain and believe them. They went by what was on paper and listen to each other.
Pros
great staff
Cons
management was to close and needed to pay more attention to staff and clients.
Far from what I expected of Lifespan
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 13, 2018
This is definitely not what I expected from Lifespan. I would never recommend this Dept to anyone. The amount of workload demanded daily is outrageous. The Dept is understaffed and management seems to think that we are over staffed when help is requested. We continue to get new tasks added every other month on top of our daily jobs. Not to mention that the pay does not match our job duties. This Dept works on prior authorizations but the majority of us have “Billing Specialist” as a job title. We are far from that, in actuality we have nothing to do with billing. Management has been questioned on that as well but nothing has been changed. Please do yourself a favor, and look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, huge workload, understaffed, management is horrible
job security
Office Manager, Cardiovascular Institute (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RISeptember 20, 2018
I would recommend Lifespan due to the fact:
excellent benefits
fair across the board
good sick time and vacation time
I was a non union employee and had no problems
Lifespan is a great place to work
Production Control/Change Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 20, 2018
Lifespan is a great place to work and in my personal opinion they pay pretty well for a Rhode island business. they match up to 6% of your 401k contribution as well.
Pros
matches 401k contribution
Very good place to work for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Rhode Island ProvidenceSeptember 14, 2018
Management was very good managers employees everybody was excellent to work with people that work there are very good I will always go back there and work it was a very good environment to work for thank you
Fun
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, NCSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day can be very interesting and fun. Learning about the likes and dislike of the client. From this job I have learnt how to think on my feet, and plan different activities.
Overlooking Md was great but contracting facility (DBH) was horrid.
Nurse Practitioner Private Contractor for DBH (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 12, 2018
I started work mainly for PT employment which turned out to be 5-7 days a week for about a year. I worked under contract for a behavioral health facility. My total time working there was 2 1/2 years. My reason for leaving was difficulty completing my work because of poor management overall with the contracting facility.
Great Company
Transition Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2018
Company is great to work for the pay is low. Little room for advancement. Lots of flexibility. Company is continually growing but not in the area of leadership.
Very good
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 27, 2018
Very good place to work. Very busy and high maintenance. Have to be on top of your game and overall just a good place that you know your patients are in good hands
PFS Reconciliation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 14, 2018
Always worked as a Team in a fast pace office with the ability to learn new things.

I loved the diversity and multicultural.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers. It was a pleasure to work with happy people no matter how stressful it may be at times.
Pros
Flexibilty
A typical work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2018
They do not seem to value the employees here at Rhode Island hospital. We appear to be dispensable. We are not worthy of fair wages and benefits, safe staffing, equipment or supplies.
My work place
Certified Nursing Assistant/ PCT (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2018
A diverse work place. Challenges my work ethics and skills. I have grown personally and professionally as an employee at Rhode Island Hospital. Emergency medicine is exciting and rewarding, never a dull moment.
Underwhelmed
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 2, 2018
There are many positive things about working for a level one Trauma center, it's a rich experience. Unfortunately there has been a change of administration that doesn't value it's employees and can be punitive instead of corrective . They cut ancillary staff and expect much more with much less, causing high turnover and staff burnout. They spend millions on consultants and don't listen to its employees. Unfortunately will never achieve magnet status this way.
Cons
Unpaid lunch often taken on unit due to not enough staff
Not a nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 29, 2018
Lifespan does not care about their staff or their patients. They cry poverty, yet are a very top heavy institution with lots of managers and leadership making well over 6 figures, many over a million a year. Yet the hospital is grossly understaffed, we never have the supplies needed to take care of our patients, our vital equipment is old, broken, falling apart and outdated! The environment is also dirty, falling apart, paint chipping, dirty food trays everywhere, dried blood on walls, floors, "clean" beds, etc.

They are punitive, focused on discipline and do not treat their staff like professionals. It is nearly impossible to get time off and if you get sick and call in on a weekend it counts as double and you also have to make up the day(s). The list goes on, but I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
see review
Inconsistent Work Place
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 19, 2018
A typical day consists of sitting at your cubical reviewing charges providers have dropped for accuracy. I was able to gain a great amount of experience coding other specialties. Unfortunately my training wasn't that great but I think I caught on fairly quickly.
Policies here are not consistent throughout the organization. We aren't supposed to ask each other questions, only to management. Constant flip flopping of how something should be coded. Providers aren't educated enough in my opinion on proper documentation. Providers can sometimes be difficult to correspond with.
My co-workers make this place enjoyable. They are friendly and very helpful.
Good to work for.
Provider (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 18, 2018
If you are looking for a part time type job perfect. Patients are easy to sit for. Never worked over 7 hours a day or 32 hours a week. Easy papper work to turn in.
Cons
Pay is low
Productive, busy
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 10, 2018
Interesting job and I learned a lot. Worked with attorneys as a Legal Accounts person. Enjoyed working with patients and physicians as a patient service representative.
Fun loving Place to work BUT
Community Enrichment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJune 26, 2018
Very open atmosphere alone with good staff.Very Physical at times.But all in all,Love the open relationship with Management,Staff and Individuals whom we Support for life Goals and there Achievments
Pros
Very open to personal situations as work, become stress full
Cons
the physical and Mental situaions for the lack of pay isnt woth it
great place to work
Food Service Worker/cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 26, 2018
fun place to work ,staff is great to work with, management is good, benefits are awesome .enjoyed working there, had to leave after my son was born to stay home with him.
Productive, great staff
Nursing Resource Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 23, 2018
Coming to work is easier when you work with people who support you. They give you the tools and resources you need to succeed. The management cares for your own opinions.