Lifespan Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIDecember 4, 2018
Some work like dogs and others take as many breaks as they want and spend time shopping on the internet during work and management caught them and did NOTHING.
Pros
leaving at the end of your shift
great place to work
Certified coder (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 26, 2018
Great job, great location, great co-workers.

Inpatient and outpatient coding for hospital and outpatient medical offices. great place to learn different coding
I really enjoyed the people and the management
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 12, 2018
This was by far my favorite organization to work for until Bronson took over. I really enjoyed knowing I was part of a team. I was very involved in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources
Flexibility but set in ways
Research Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 29, 2018
I have been working with Lifespan for a few months and the flexibility that I am given is great! I am not sure if the company culture/regulations are as flexible.
Far from what I expected of Lifespan
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 13, 2018
This is definitely not what I expected from Lifespan. I would never recommend this Dept to anyone. The amount of workload demanded daily is outrageous. The Dept is understaffed and management seems to think that we are over staffed when help is requested. We continue to get new tasks added every other month on top of our daily jobs. Not to mention that the pay does not match our job duties. This Dept works on prior authorizations but the majority of us have “Billing Specialist” as a job title. We are far from that, in actuality we have nothing to do with billing. Management has been questioned on that as well but nothing has been changed. Please do yourself a favor, and look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, huge workload, understaffed, management is horrible
Maintenance Technician Performed all forms of building maintenance for 50+ sites which included monthly inspections, monitoring boilers including blow
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 4, 2018
It was a relaxed atmosphere enjoyed working with the staff
Maintenance Technician
Performed all forms of building maintenance for 50+ sites which included monthly inspections, monitoring boilers including blow down, replaced HVAC filters and belts, performed general building repairs, minor plumbing and electrical, sterilization of ice machines among many other duties.. Light carpentry, painting, wall repair, minor plumbing, electrical, heat and evaluation of problems for appropriate action, plowing/snow removal and on call.
Pros
worked at your pace
Cons
ys
Focus has morphed from patient care to business minded
CVT and Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI 02906September 30, 2018
I loved my time at Lifespan for many years.
My education on the job is priceless, I value the experiences I've gained throughout my tenure.
My personal mission is patient-focus. I was disappointed to find that the values/mission statement the "company" espouses on paper is not in fact what they really practice.
I do realize it is big business, but first and foremost, hospitals at their core, are suppose to be taking excellent care of people.
It was so much more rewarding, when our hospital was small, independent, and had not merged into a conglomerate, where finances steer the ship.
Pros
Clean environment, friendly physicians, great cafeteria
Cons
Staff meetings on the fly, maybe 4/yr. No communication. Cramped spaces
Okay
Pathology Sample Processor (Former Employee) –  medical imagingSeptember 26, 2018
This is a great hospital. Great surgeries occur on a daily basis. everyone smiles and gets along. I enjoyed going in everyday and enjoy the sense of community.
job security
Office Manager, Cardiovascular Institute (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RISeptember 20, 2018
I would recommend Lifespan due to the fact:
excellent benefits
fair across the board
good sick time and vacation time
I was a non union employee and had no problems
Lifespan is a great place to work
Production Control/Change Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 20, 2018
Lifespan is a great place to work and in my personal opinion they pay pretty well for a Rhode island business. they match up to 6% of your 401k contribution as well.
Pros
matches 401k contribution
Zero employee loyalty
Sr. Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 18, 2018
The organization is top heavy, where the senior executives do not talk to or listen to the people on the front lines for information before making decisions. Any advice pushed upwards is ignored unless it directly agrees with decisions that have already been made.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work/life balance is non-existent
Very good place to work for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Rhode Island ProvidenceSeptember 14, 2018
Management was very good managers employees everybody was excellent to work with people that work there are very good I will always go back there and work it was a very good environment to work for thank you
Overlooking Md was great but contracting facility (DBH) was horrid.
Nurse Practitioner Private Contractor for DBH (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 12, 2018
I started work mainly for PT employment which turned out to be 5-7 days a week for about a year. I worked under contract for a behavioral health facility. My total time working there was 2 1/2 years. My reason for leaving was difficulty completing my work because of poor management overall with the contracting facility.
nice workplace
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandSeptember 6, 2018
nice workplace
a lot of opportunities.
fast speed environment
good benefits
the hardest part was to get used to deal with computers in rooms with patients.
Lifespan Cancer Institute provides the most current cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 28, 2018
At the Cancer Institute, I did my Intern. Best experienced ever. I got the opportunity to greet my patients, and brought them to the assessment room to take their vital signs; Temperature, height, weight and blood pressure. I even got to prepared and clean rooms for patients and encounters.
Pros
Delivering care to patients
Cons
Need to provide more full time jobs
Challenging with room for advancement
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 28, 2018
Group of professionals that challenge you but also give you the guidance to ensure that you succeed. There is always room for advancement when you put in the effort and deliver on your promises.
Great Company
Transition Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2018
Company is great to work for the pay is low. Little room for advancement. Lots of flexibility. Company is continually growing but not in the area of leadership.
Very good
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 27, 2018
Very good place to work. Very busy and high maintenance. Have to be on top of your game and overall just a good place that you know your patients are in good hands
PFS Reconciliation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 14, 2018
Always worked as a Team in a fast pace office with the ability to learn new things.

I loved the diversity and multicultural.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers. It was a pleasure to work with happy people no matter how stressful it may be at times.
Pros
Flexibilty
A typical work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2018
They do not seem to value the employees here at Rhode Island hospital. We appear to be dispensable. We are not worthy of fair wages and benefits, safe staffing, equipment or supplies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifespan. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight