Lifespan Employee Reviews

Zero employee loyalty
Sr. Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 18, 2018
The organization is top heavy, where the senior executives do not talk to or listen to the people on the front lines for information before making decisions. Any advice pushed upwards is ignored unless it directly agrees with decisions that have already been made.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work/life balance is non-existent
One of the worst Management's that I've ever worked for
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 12, 2018
Worked in the Distribution Center management was the worst management that I've ever had in my life always looking to get rid of somebody in fire them for absolutely no good reason at all you had to pick orders there and if you pick the wrong toothbrush they would write you up for it they would have written you up no matter what you did as I seen people leave that the apartment and get fired by the manager's so happy to see the managers get fired from that place and get what they deserved
Lifespan
Claims Follow Up Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 19, 2018
Great place to advance and earn a living. Great benefits. Management can be unethical. Overall a great establishment to work for , for future advancement.
Flexibility but set in ways
Research Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 29, 2018
I have been working with Lifespan for a few months and the flexibility that I am given is great! I am not sure if the company culture/regulations are as flexible.
Terrible place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIDecember 4, 2018
Some work like dogs and others take as many breaks as they want and spend time shopping on the internet during work and management caught them and did NOTHING.
Pros
leaving at the end of your shift
Twisted
Project worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 23, 2019
Well what can I tell you it was good at first and things get twisted the management never kept things one way every day they twist things around which is not right.
A very pleasant place to work at
ENRICHMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2019
Each day I went in and set-up my class room for the activities for that day. I had 5 to a group sometimes six if we are short of staff. We did enrichment activities each day which consist of sorting, matching etc. We rotates to other class rooms to have game time exercise time, current event time horticulture time. There we spent time engaging with the individuals and making sure they were safe and secure. We met their needs daily.
Pros
Receiving recognition for what you do.
Cons
They work together as a team.
I had fun with my work mate, and we were very productive
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 26, 2018
My Job at lifespan was a great and an enjoyable one at the Laundry Department. Especially meeting new friends, learning new experience and having a lot of fun on the job while working together was so much exciting to me. moreover, having a good management was also a good thing. I earned how to work on the Laundry Machine which gave me some good skills. The hardest part of the job is when we had two hours left to go, we are to push all the the wheel trucks down to the first floor through the elevator. I also enjoyed the free Lunches, good offers from friends, and good working gears provided.
Pros
We always use to have free launch
Cons
Hard work
great place to work
Food Service Worker/cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 26, 2018
fun place to work ,staff is great to work with, management is good, benefits are awesome .enjoyed working there, had to leave after my son was born to stay home with him.
Far from what I expected of Lifespan
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 13, 2018
This is definitely not what I expected from Lifespan. I would never recommend this Dept to anyone. The amount of workload demanded daily is outrageous. The Dept is understaffed and management seems to think that we are over staffed when help is requested. We continue to get new tasks added every other month on top of our daily jobs. Not to mention that the pay does not match our job duties. This Dept works on prior authorizations but the majority of us have “Billing Specialist” as a job title. We are far from that, in actuality we have nothing to do with billing. Management has been questioned on that as well but nothing has been changed. Please do yourself a favor, and look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, huge workload, understaffed, management is horrible
Very dynamic workplace
Medical Staff Services Credentialing Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 14, 2018
Dependent on what realm one is immersed, whether clinical or administrative - the atmosphere at Lifespan is highly respectable and complex.

I've learned numerous skills both intentionally trained by the company and inadvertently through every day experience.

This is a great place to work for and would highly recommend to any candidate and would return again.
Pros
Great benefits, plenty of opportunities. Diverse cultures throughout all 4 hospital campuses.
Cons
Making formidable change can be a bit daunting in such a large, complex corporation
Overlooking Md was great but contracting facility (DBH) was horrid.
Nurse Practitioner Private Contractor for DBH (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 12, 2018
I started work mainly for PT employment which turned out to be 5-7 days a week for about a year. I worked under contract for a behavioral health facility. My total time working there was 2 1/2 years. My reason for leaving was difficulty completing my work because of poor management overall with the contracting facility.
Great Company
Transition Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2018
Company is great to work for the pay is low. Little room for advancement. Lots of flexibility. Company is continually growing but not in the area of leadership.
Lifespan is a great place to work
Production Control/Change Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 20, 2018
Lifespan is a great place to work and in my personal opinion they pay pretty well for a Rhode island business. they match up to 6% of your 401k contribution as well.
Pros
matches 401k contribution
job security
Office Manager, Cardiovascular Institute (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RISeptember 20, 2018
I would recommend Lifespan due to the fact:
excellent benefits
fair across the board
good sick time and vacation time
I was a non union employee and had no problems
Challenging with room for advancement
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 28, 2018
Group of professionals that challenge you but also give you the guidance to ensure that you succeed. There is always room for advancement when you put in the effort and deliver on your promises.
Very good place to work for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Rhode Island ProvidenceSeptember 14, 2018
Management was very good managers employees everybody was excellent to work with people that work there are very good I will always go back there and work it was a very good environment to work for thank you
nice workplace
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandSeptember 6, 2018
nice workplace
a lot of opportunities.
fast speed environment
good benefits
the hardest part was to get used to deal with computers in rooms with patients.
Extremely hostile culture with no support from management.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 22, 2018
If you are in the business sector I do not recommend working here. The culture is extremely divided as in "suits vs scrubs" where clinical staff is unresponsive and extremely hostile with no repercussions to the point where they literally throw things at you during formal meetings. Management is extremely poor and does not provide any support. Burnout and turnover is extremely high and you are expected to fill the many gaps at below average salaries.
Pros
Cafeterias were decent
Cons
Poor management, hostile work environment, low salary
A typical work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2018
They do not seem to value the employees here at Rhode Island hospital. We appear to be dispensable. We are not worthy of fair wages and benefits, safe staffing, equipment or supplies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifespan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight