Lifesprk Employee Reviews

Life Care Manager
Life Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNMarch 11, 2019
Lifesprk follows it's motto of providing whole person senior care that helps spark lives. Lifesprk was created to be able to help with the healthcare roller-coaster that individuals - especially in the second half of their life face.

Lifesprk is the first organization to providing innovative results that help the individual become more independent. The results are proven and we have won awards for being able to provide excellent client care.

I love working as an RN and providing care to my clients. As life care manager i'm able to help guide the client, provide care coordination and management and also provide life care while helping idinividuals spark their life to live a healthy long life.

The clients here have been so great to work for and the staff , and leadership truly care about the customers. We are in the business for them and although it is hard work, it is the most rewarding work I have ever done.
Pros
Great culture, benefits, and perk health. Also the company is growing rapidly
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMarch 7, 2019
Innovative healthcare changing the future ! I love working at Lifesprk and enjoy all the help I get from leadership. Everyone here is willing to help out and the culture is amazing , no cliques and everyone is friendly. I love working and helping spark lives of my patients and this company is growing and quadrupled in size in the last few years . You can advance here and work with awesome people
Pros
Leadership, employees, good work life balance
Director of Nursing
Life Care Director (Director of Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNFebruary 16, 2019
Lifesprk is working to innovate healthcare and I love my job helping clients focus on preventive health vs reactive. Lifesprk's employees has inceased from 54 in 2014- to over 400 employees in 2018 and is continuing to grow. We are different from most home health companies as we also have campus locations we provide services with and are partnered with the best hospitals in the United States. We strive to achieve the best results and focus on having healthcare that avoids the rollercoaster of just taking care of individuals when they are sick and being proactive and taking a lead approach in their health. As far as the work life balance, it is the best here and the reviews below just means they were slacking because we have a great work life balance and everyone helps out when needed. This company is growing very fast and has good benefits. If you are looking for a company you want to be a world leader in changing healthcare , this is the organization for you and you will never be happier. I love Lifesprk and it's motto, the leaders lives the mottos and values and truly care about the people.
Pros
Growing rapidly, great culture and widely diverse career paths
Best company I worked for and they truly care about the employees .
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 1, 2019
The CEO and founder will walk around almost once a week and ask how your doing . Everyone here is very friendly and supportive. I was a RN Case manager and the work life balance was the best I’ve ever had as a worker. Everyone truly cares and is there to make a difference. They are growing rapidly and some departments have doubled and tripled in the last 2 years. I plan on going back to work there once my husband finds a new job in the cities , I love this company and it was the best decision I ever made going there. They truly care about the patient and want to help people and the people are genuinely nice. A lot of places I’ve worked were clique and I couldn’t of asked for a better boss. It may be smaller but you will advance way fater than going to a gridlock big company. The past review about work life balance is untrue: they always will hire more people if they are feeling overwhelmed and the leaders are always willing to jump in and help out .
Pros
Culture, advancement, coworkers, Pto, collaborative
Fantastic workplace with great leaders and a magnificent mission
Operations manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2019
Lifesprk is changing the aging experience for seniors in the Twin Cities and beyond; I have worked in healthcare for years and am so happy to be at a place that has an exciting, supportive culture--moving fast to provide best-in-class care for seniors. Teammates are engaged, smart, and FUN. The opportunities for growth are so rich that Lifesprk moves faster than most organizations its size...sometimes, this is a challenge, but leaders are aware of this and do their best to ensure people are working with appropriate balance. The recruiters at Lifesprk are responsive and strong in their advocacy for candidates. It's a privilege to be at Lifesprk!
Pros
Great leaders, wonderful mission, fantastic co-workers
Cons
Many growth opportunities mean managing a lot of change on the fly!
Worse company I have ever worked for.
LPN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Was hired for a position which they eliminated over a holiday and than left us without any work for weeks before offering other areas to assist but only offered lower jobs than what we were hired for. Salary is enticing but company's benefit package is horrible and you will a good portion paying premiums. Too many people in management positions and none seem to know what is going on. Training is nonexistent.
Cons
Benefits, management, overall company
Extremely poor work life balance
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 6, 2018
Mandatory monthly company meetings are redundant, self-congratulatory, and obnoxiously artificially positive wastes of time. Company claims to provide good work/life balance, but overworks clinicians to the point of burn out. The attractive high salary is very deceptive. When one breaks down how much time is spent with documentation, scheduling, and collaboration with providers/clinicians, the hourly pay would be similar to minimum wage. The company car is touted as a great perk, but be aware if using the company car for personal use it is tacked on as additional salary and increases salary approx $5k. Best to use company car for work use only, or not use at all. The company makes claims to be better than other home care companies in their mission to provide whole person care, but their true goal is to maximize profit via the private pay services. They attempt to force clinicians to simultaneously provide care and push sales. Worst job this clinician has ever had! High turn over and horrid work/life balance!
Pros
Opportunities for acquiring lots of wound care skills
Cons
Horrid work/life balance, deceptive mission statement, profit driven, fake-happy office culture
Enjoyed residents
HHA (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNDecember 6, 2018
The fact that the company is merged with another it was difficult to work since there too many bosses. Management was biased since there are a lot of minorities.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
Substandard benefits.
Supportive work environment.
Certified Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of helping individuals with Alzheimer's or dementia live a productive life in an acute care facility.

Management is supportive and inter-active.

Workplace culture is relaxed and structured.

The hardest part of the job is watching the individuals helped and thinking of the life the once had.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping individuals feel supported and productive.
Pros
Flexible schedule, employee recognition
Cons
Not being able to meet all of the needs of individuals.
Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNApril 27, 2018
Good company and amazing residents. need better pay and benefits. Coworkers are nice and nurses are amazing. HHA turnover rate high though. I love my residents.
Fun environment.
Care Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 29, 2017
Relatively new company. Nice Management. Different kinds of opportunities. Learned a lot about home care and hospice. Working with North Memorial was a pleasure.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay and Benefits
okay place
Direct care (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 3, 2017
This agency is a crazy place to work, the staff are nice but the supervisors are not on the same page. people work together as a team. they always calling people for only four hours.
Amazing culture & even better mission, vision and values
Human Resource Associate (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 27, 2017
Lifesprk is by far the best company I have ever worked for culture wise! They have an amazing mission vision and values and they make the mission and vision visible every day and the values are visible in every employee.
Amazing Company and Proud to be a part of Lifesprk
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 26, 2017
I'm newer at Lifesprk and the Culture, Management, and position I took is everything I was told and thought it would be!! I enjoy coming to work every day making a difference in Seniors Lives. I would recommend a career with Lifesprk talk about a company that has there stuff figured out.
Pros
Benefits, Growing, Advancement
Sparking life of elderly
RN Care Coordination Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 11, 2017
Job allows for extra curricular activities to make elderly feel purpose and joy. Job has many nursing responsibilities with care of client and family through the process of aging but always following direction of Supervisor.
Staff is RUDE and Unprofessionsal
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2017
I have over 20yrs plus as a Nursing Assistant.The introduction to the company was impressive during the orientation process. They try to force you to work the hours you are not available to work. All the coworkers complain and talk negative about one another.Everyone is always looking for a new job after a few months. They are always working short.The pay is low..no 401k.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Staff is Rude
Home health aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 8, 2017
This company was okay, not the best. They are really big and the employers don't have much time to get to know their employees or clients. It was a very laid back environment when working, so that was nice.
Former RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Management will be nice to your face but will talk about you behind your back! They will say what you want to hear to get you to accept the position! Very Rude and Unprofessional!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Broken promises, lies, mgmt talks badly about their employees behind their back!
Culture is exact opposite than what Lifesprk promotes
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 26, 2016
Management DOES NOT care about their employees
Call staff DUMB, INCOMPETENT, STUPID,
Management very disrespectful, no compassion, unprofessional
No training just expected to know the job
No promotion of teamwork
Management doesn't value employees no support
Employees looking for new employment elsewhere after only being there few months
Pros
None felt unwelcomed
Cons
Horrible environment to work in
Wonderful opportunity for students thinking about entering the healthcare fields.
LCM and caregiver (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 4, 2015
Great experience with flexible hours to accommodate students. Lots of hours available. Beautiful campus with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care areas. Lifesprk not only allows but encourages staff to Spark Lives by doing fun things with and for the residents.
Pros
Flexible scheduling or block scheduling available, Great opportunity to make older people feel special which makes me feel really happy!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifesprk. Our community is ready to answer.