LifeStance Health
Work wellbeing score is 66 out of 100

LifeStance Health Employee Reviews

United States381 reviews

clinicianmentalcaseloadproviderptohealthpracticesupport

Professional, productive and great place to work if you’re interested in growing or passionate about the mental health field.

Featured review

LifeStance Health selected this as a representative review
What is the best part of working at the company?They are very professional. Growth opportunities. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?If you have trouble being patient and understand with others struggling you will find this job very stressful, you will also find it stressful if you have trouble being a teamPlayer. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Strictly professional but welcoming and great place to work.

Good place to get a start

It is a decent place when you are starting as a therapist. The compensation is fair, but it does take a couple of months to start getting "normal sized" paychecks because of the monthly pay. A super great flexible schedule and nice freedom.

LifeStance Health insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

High stress, low satisfaction

insufficient staffing, insane workload. Everything is about the numbers. Providers don’t get paid a salary, they get paid by the head. It’s a churn and burn operation. Can’t take or use PTO due to staffing issues, but can’t cash it out if you don’t get a chance to use it. The only way to use PTO is to call out, which leaves the thin staff coverage even thinner. It should be called “Lose it or Lose it”.

Pros

Coworkers are nice

Cons

Staff shortages, heavy workload

Flexible workplace

Flexible company to work for, but workload and deadlines could become overwhelming.Management tries to be helpful if you are lucky to be assigned a good manager.Lacks proper designated trainers instead of fellow staff for certain assignments.

Mediocre workplace

This job is helpful if you want high amounts of flexibility, but little to no administrative support. Constant issues with EMR and telehealth platforms. Minimal communication at all times.

Mislead and lied to.

I thought that there would be PTO and there wasn't. And depending on a person's insurance, you can get more than others, but here they only pay 57 for each individual and 63 for intakes and lower for couples. Which means, all of the left over insurance money goes back to the company/the higher up's pockets. There is no cap to how much you earn because the more you earn, the more they make. They do not pay for any trainings, only CEU's, and this is frustrating since the CEO makes over 40 million a year. And we keep growing. Not to provide more services to other people, but to make more money for the higher ups. I would recommend not working here.

Interesting and never boring

What is the best part of working at the company?Advance to the next stage whether you are a clinician or nurse or admin person What is the most stressful part about working at the company?People quit because they don’t want to be there What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good if you want it to be and you want to learn What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy with work and work and more work

If you want to work at a call center where everything you do is micromanage this is the place for you

The place will not stand behind you but will stand on you. Intake is horrible, billing is a nightmare and staff is very overworked. Administration staff is asked to do way too much and correct everyone else's errors

Pros

Cons

Just keep piling on the work.

I was part of a small clinic bought out by this place

I haven’t been a part of this “system” very long. I’ve been a practicing psychotherapist for many years and worked for well established large healthcare systems and smaller outpatient clinics. So far, Lifestance is living up to the reputation my patients and other therapists have told me. Like many therapists, we chose this field knowing several things: we wouldn’t make a lot of money (especially starting out), we have to get a lot of supervision after graduation to even be able to practice, there will always be a need for us, and self-care is very important. I believe most of us chose this career because we care about people and their mental health. We are helpers. Lifestance is a business with a business mindset. It’s structured just like that. The “top” people get paid a ton of money to make decisions they know nothing about, and the people doing the actual work (therapists, administrative type staff) get paid poorly with no transparency. I trust a money hungry company to pay me correctly once a month. I couldn’t even tell you what I get paid per session. In prior outpatient practices I was informed of each insurances’ rates. In established somewhat well managed hospital settings I was salary with raises, PTO, and bonuses. I also don’t know who or where my manager is located. I’ve had patients stop seeing me since becoming a part of Lifestance because of poor prior experiences with the company. I know 4 therapists who quit when they were bought out by Lifestance, and one stayed only because they offered him a “supervisor” type role. Overall, it all comes down to making money -

Pros

Cons

Management, low pay, no PTO, isolating, tedious/time consuming progress notes

Busy practice

Lifestance is a busy practice where you can earn a good living if you work very hard. You essentially function as a private practitioner with some medical assistant support. A significant downside is that there is no paid PTO or holiday pay. The bottom line is you cant afford to be sick or take a vacation here.

This has been my favorite position thus far, socially and work wise; a place where they actually utilize your skills.

What is the best part of working at the company?PTO, great team leaders, east software to learn if needed, work from home, they provide the equipment. Pay is good for type of role/experience What is the most stressful part about working at the company?You have to multi-task all day, and it's hands on training, you learn as you go.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Easy going but professional, very upbeat, super welcoming.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Begin at 8am, usually already know what I'll be doing, work at my own pace, hop into some meetings, take lunch when I want to, leave at 4.

worst management ever

Managed by inexperienced, non-clinical staff. Multiple supervisors interfering with one another made nothing work. Supervisors treated providers terribly. Staff had no standard safety training needed in clinic and no understanding of the work being done but did not access the wisdom of the providers at all. Like being back in junior high. But lives and quality of lives are at stake in this type of business so as a provider you gotta leave to be able to help people in need under reasonable conditions that are not there at LifeStance.

They are literally ok with giving out .5 raises

The company is a full-blown call-center and toxic work environment. Underpaid . They cap medical assistance at 18.50 an hour . Pay does not reflect the cost living or all they work they place on staff .

They are the worst

They are absolutely horrible. They treat their patients terribly and treat their employees even worse. There’s no room for advancement. If you have an issue you have to keep it to yourself otherwise they will find a way to fire you. They over charge and over prescribe.

Pros

Free lunch once a month

Cons

Everything else

Patient load is low.

The company is okay, compensation is not what you are going to get without a loan, and if you try to leave they will threaten you with patient abandonment. It's awful please beware.

Pros

flexible

Cons

pay, threaten you if you leave.

Very easy going but slow

As a whole it's a very easy going company to work for and everyone was very nice. It was extremely slow paced and I sat in the office alone more often than not. There was not enough work for the full 40 hours a week, too much sitting around for me.

Not long term

Pay is lower than other jobs and it’s unorganized. Patient care is important to me, i didn’t see this reflected amongst office support staff. The interview process was smooth but there isn’t an official training for office support staff.

Answered above

Working at FBH with hybrid model of treatment which I prefer. I enjoy helping patients and learning about medicine and psychiatry. I continue to learn.

Pros

Answered questions above

Cons

Answered questions above

The company has potential, but has a long way to go

I will just cut to the chase and share what I dislike about the job: you only get 5 sick days a year, if you’re sick any more than that you will have to take unpaid time off. There is no PTO, any time off is UNPAID. I have taken 2 weeks of vacation since I started and I return to work stressed knowing I will be short on my next check. They do not set expectations with clients so they are often asking you to waive no show/cancel fees. In my personal experience, they went months without paying me for no show/cancel fees until I hounded them about it and finally paid me what they owed me after 8 months. They don’t clarify a lot of things at the beginning, such as you can qualify for a sign on bonus but only if you commit to 40 hours. They will expect you to continue to accept new clients if you have availability.

Pros

Flexible schedule, autonomy

Cons

Unpaid time off, only 5 sick days

Okay

Okay place to work, sometimes it’s very unorganized and providers can be demanding but it’s okay other than that. Pay is alright but hard to take off.

Avoid This Company

The lack of organization and poor communication is extremely frustrating. This company allow initial intakes to no show multiple times without the provider being able to charge them. Providers are expected to completed task that the admin should be completing. It is all about numbers and not the quality of care of the clients or providers. The do not offer PTO or vacation. Providers are leaving in droves. It has a revolving door. Upper management is awful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeStance Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight