LifeStance Health

LifeStance Health Employee Reviews

United States175 reviews

clinicianbenefitprovidercolleaguementalpatienttrainclient

The salary is a lie

The only way for a therapist to make money there? Work 40 hours weekly + and you might get close to $60-65k a year. No paid time off or sick leave. The office I’m in is falling apart and looks dumpish. No room for advancement unless you fit in their clique. The psychiatrists are completely catered to and have opportunities to make money while Lifestance low balls the therapists.

You have to make it what you want

As a clinician, caseload can build pretty quickly. Difficult to keep up the momentum of the expected caseload of you want to make a decent salary. No PTO, no sick days, benefits are decent. It's a numbers game here. Run yourself ragged and make good money, or work at a normal pace and you will need to get a second job to make ends meet... Management is iffy at best. Good for new clinicians to discover how NOT to run your private practice.

Run as fast as you can

This is probably the worst company that I have ever worked for. They lie to NPs about potential of earnings. They compensate you by advancing you money and then never schedule you enough patients to even pay it back let alone be able to afford a living. You can be at this company for over a year and still not have the patient caseload in order to not take advances. When you realize how much debt you accumulate and wants to leave, they tell you that you have to pay the advances back. What sense does it make to owe money to a company all the while you can barely pay your own bills and working 5 days a week? There is no continuity of care for the patients. They take your establish patients and give them to the new hires. You can work 10 hours a day and see less than 10 patients.They barely collect payments from patients that you see and when they do, you have no idea how it’s distributed. There is no transparency when it comes to the compensation NPs get from this company.The bonus that they promise you at the time of hire is most likely coming from payments they get from the NPs who left the company. Also, you get paid on the 15th of the month. They also do not tell you that before you accept the job. 52 percent compensation rate with no PTO, no base pay. The company close on federal holidays and we get do not get paid for that either. We are literally paid pennies from what this company received from insurances. They refuse to let us see what they charge insurances per patient visit. Someone from payroll most likely pick a number and use it as our compensation. It has nothing -

Private Equity Mentality

Lifestance is out for Lifestance alone. Technology hiccups, rising caseload, falling pay, and big emphasis on non-disclosure tells you what they're about. New rules when THEY want, no communication, if it works for you then great if not then tough luck. Not enough clinicians in our own office but they opened 3 more locations so if they close our office we're all given a transfer or quit option. They promote who they like and don't worry about impact on clients and it SHOWS. Will be in your neighborhood next, avoid it.

Flexible Schedule but Poor Compensation

Company good to work for if you like the freedom of working independently and need flexibility. It can get lonely at times as there are no options for group meetings or collaboration. Also, with the administrative team being a revolving door with musical chairs, you never know who to go to for support.

Pros

Independence

Cons

Pay and unity. "Factory" mental Healthcare.

I regretted the day I started working here…

Pros: most staff are delightful with work with.Cons: terrible benefits, virtually no work life balance, the worst corporate structure I have ever seen, burnout, HR is a generic email, poor training all around, spreadsheet mentality, the last concern on this company’s mind is the patient… I could go on.I urge anyone looking to begin working here to look else where.

Untrustworthy

The "reorganization" never ends, constant miscommunication, inconsistent policies, job titles get removed (demoted) without warning. Essentially, doing the same job without the title or pay raises that was promised with previous job title. They don't care about the quality of work you do, they don't care about updating office equipment, they don't care about their employees.

Don't value tenure

This company does not value employees who have a long tenure and knowledge about the job... They do not pay a fair wage for these attributes either...

Look elsewhere… Poor reimbursement, poor advertising.

Lifestance does not have a footprint in many states. Advertising is poor-unable to get client base established. After 5 months I had a total of 15 patients Be aware you will payback the advanced pay.. recommend do not take advanced pay. This would be very part time job or just look elsewhere. Pay is terrible- reimbursement for clients is very low.

Great Company and love the small office feel.

No complaints, Lifestance Health truly cares about employees from clinicians to administrative staff. Everyone works well as a team and willing to assist wherever help is needed.

Not that great

No communication. The company was always changing job duties with no equal pay for more work on a higher level. I only enjoyed my co-workers at the time. My director was sometimes unprofessional and made me feel uncomfortable at times. He would say inappropriate things to my coworkers and also me.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Management and communication

You will not be valued here if you are not a clinician. Company actions do not align with stated goals/values. Sinking ship.

Underpaid support staff leads to turnover of admin, operations, and clinicians alike. This in turn leads the company to haphazardly hire anyone who applies, which in turn reduces quality of people and work in all departments. Disorganized systems with poor communication. Poor health benefits. Leadership either in too deep to seriously acknowledge or are being actively instructed to downplay the negative feedback from employees about what's not working. Probably would've been smarter to leave all those acquired practices intact.

Unorganized, unprofessional leadership, Worst company ever!!

Terrible Organization to work for! Overworked and underpaid. Horrible Leadership. Unhappy patients due to the overall company protocol. Daily system issues ! - a circus.•Clinicians leave as fast as they start bc of bogus contracts and pay. Employee Turnover rate is unreal

Not what they advertise- RUN

They advertise a high estimated salary, it will be difficult to fill your schedule to make what is advertised. They offer advance pay to cover what “you should” be making until you can build up your caseload..and you have to pay every single penny back. You get paid less than a floor nurse for orientation (and they cap what you get paid for orientation)..no matter if you go over their allotted hours for orientation- you get paid for about a third. You do not get paid for training, any type of mandatory meeting, or administrative time. Although some of the therapists get paid $50 for 2-4 hours a week admin time. Time spent reviewing labs, going through inbox messages, calling the patient or coordinating care, why, consider that free labor, because that, of course will be unpaid as well. They will require a monthly supervision meeting with an MD, again, you will not be getting paid, but the MD will 100% be getting paid for meeting with you. One big reason to work here was flexible scheduling, meaning you could add block time to your own schedule to catch up on charting or even add an appointment for yourself, as of Monday, corporate has taken that away from the NPs, and therapists (not sure about the MDs) and you will be required to turn your schedule into corporate. Admin staff will be handling the blocks should they need to be modified ON YOUR SCHEDULE, but rest assured you can send them a message and they may not read it or respond. They hired too many providers at the same time and then can’t fill their schedules, as you can imagine there is a high rate of turn over. Even -

Pros

Can work from home or the office

Cons

Unpaid work, unfair compensation, huge turnover rate, lack of control over the schedule

Con’s outweigh the Pro’s

The job itself is pretty repetitive and I don’t see where there’s room for growth since the company pretty much wants to make it a call center. The metrics you’re expected to meet on a day to day can be pretty difficult and extremely overwhelming especially when you add the lack of support from your management unless it’s to micromanage you for doing something wrong. There’s clear favoritism and no clear direction. There’s a lot of things changing as well as cooperate is gaining more control. Don’t recommend

Pros

Remote, Decent pay

Cons

Short breaks, work life balance- must use PTO to take time off, management, not much room for advancement

Sounds great, poor execution

Poor pay, you do all the admin. work, no pto, not paid for meetings, turnover,, grew too fast and do not have proper systems in place. It's nice to make your own schedule and set your own hours but beyond the flexibility of your time, there are no real reasons to stay

Great place to work!

Lifestance is a great place to work at! The environment is very positive and all staff is very supportive of one another. The management staff is good at communicating and always willing to listen to concerns or new ideas. Lifestance is a place where I truly feel valued.

Friendly and helpful staff. Flexible schedule

The job has provided a great deal of flexibility in scheduling to accommodate an appropriate work/life balance. The staff have been incredibly helpful both for clients and new co-workers coming on board.

Pros

Friendly staff

Independence

Great place to work; Management is responsive to needs and concerns. Love the atmosphere, the offices are beautiful and once you have a consistent caseload it's wonderful.

Pros

Love the colleagues

Cons

no Ptos for clinicians

My coworkers are very pleasant to work with

There is good job flexibility here. You are able to set up the hours you feel comfortable working. The employees are friendly. Management responds in a timely manner to questions or problems.

I really enjoy working at Lifestance. As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, I have great work-life balance with the flexibility to work in the office or remotely as my schedule demands. As a husband and a father, working with Lifestance has afforded me the opportunity to still be able to fulfil those roles satisfactorily without sacrificing my job performance. The benefits and compensation are awesome and you get to see as many patients as you deem fit. I highly recommend Lifestance to any Psych NPs looking to really advance their career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeStance Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare LifeStance Health with

• LifeStance Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?