LifeStream Behavioral Center Employee Reviews

poor management, micro managing, gossip
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 17, 2018
DON never stayed with company longer than 6 months while I was there. The person "In charge" did not hold a nursing degree, rather, a
business degree but attempted to employ rules on how nurses should practice.
Poor management and staff
Ward Clerk/CNA (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 4, 2018
When I first started, it wasnt a bad place to work. But over the last 2 years it became more and more volatile with the consumers. Staff would backstab soon as they could if they didn't like you. The supervisors don't care about concerns brought to them. Its become very dangerous with no staff on the floor.
A dead end unless you became a part of the numerous cliques
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 27, 2018
LSBC management has a lot to be desired. It appeared that good employees never lasted long enough to make it to management. It also appeared that management consisted of the substandard employees that stuck it out because they did not have intelligence to find a better job. However, it did serve as a means for paying off outrageous school loans through the NHSC. Real time experiences with clients proved to be an outstanding way to learn about behavioral health.
Pros
Client care experience
Cons
Poor management
Depends which department you work for.
Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Depends on the department you work in. It can be a pleasure and you learn new things. It does not offer that much for its employees. Besides some discounts and the normal health,dental, vision and 401 b.
This place is a JOKE!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  TaveresFebruary 11, 2018
LifeStream Behavioral Center Employees at their facility only care about making their pay check and not providing the services needed to help the patient over come their problems. The staff from the doctors on down represent a confusing uneducated and incompetent way of life in a dirty unsanitary unhealthy environment for both the patient and employee. Anyone placed in Lifestream will come out of the facially worse off then when they arrived. This place is a JOKE! .
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Excellent work environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Everyone I work with treat you as family. I have learned a lot working in the position of Program Assistant. I manage other peoples money, give them allowance, pay their bills, input information in the computer system, make sure supplies are ordered to run a day to day operation smoothly, organize appointments and multiple other things to make sure the program runs smooth.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Can't think of any.
Challenging work and not for everyone
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Working with mental health clients isn't for everyone. You have to have lots of patients and a high tolerance for frustration. But just like every job, it's what you make of it. Great for your first job out of school.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
long hours and no overtime
Fast paced work environment.
Health Information Technician III (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time, until new management as well as the new CEO came on board. Alot of sneaky, behind the scenes gossip go on at this place. Employee turn over is at an all time high. Salary is horrible. After working for the company for 9 years I was glad to finally leave.
Pros
Lunch and Learns
Cons
Management and Salary
Lifestream Behavioral Center- Recovery Choice
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLNovember 11, 2017
This was an "okay" place to work for. The people that i worked with were amazing and i loved the consumers that i worked with however this specific program was not very stable and went through multiple lead techs and supervisors within only a year of being open. It caused alot of tension within in the workplace and stress among the consumers, which was understandable considering they were recovering and needed structure. However, there was absolutely none. The management was terrible and there were lots of unprofessional relationships. Lifestream as a whole is a great company to work for, this particular program however was a hassle. Thankfully, it is closing down and a better program will be put in place.
Pros
Good Benefits, PTO hours
Cons
Management.
Wonderful people
Family Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLOctober 14, 2017
My pleasure in working for Lifestream was in large with the people I was able to work with. This was a stressful, fast paced work environment, not healthy for those unable to find balance.
Pros
People
Way, way, way outdated training/culture!
Substance Abuse case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lifestream Behavioral CenterOctober 10, 2017
Adult case management department operates as if the year is 1998! The training material is very, very old, and often irrelevant and inaccurate. No structure to the training. Computer and phone provided are ancient and unreliable. Most people are nice but in no hurry whatsoever to get you on board and up to speed. Maybe there is no speed. Workplace culture is stuffy and drab. Florida social services/mental health policy is behind anyway without adding this stuck-in-the-past agency! There is NOTHING in this position that would add to anyone's skill set - just the opposite - it'll drag you backwards professionally! Anyone with any experience ---- Save yourself and work anywhere else but Lifestream.
Pros
Large company, many positions
Cons
Low pay, no training of any value, retards professional growth
You have to be the right person to fit in at Lifestream
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 8, 2017
The culture is not supportive unless you fit the personality type that is admired there and that appeared to be of a toxic nature. If you had drama and exhibited characteristics of the clientele then you would be wildly successful at Lifestream. It's the kind of place where you fit in and love it or you can never fit in and you can't get out fast enough.
It can be an interesting job. I loved it at first. Limited advancement without degree.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 19, 2017
I loved going to work for years. I felt that the wages were good. Then the requirements began to increase and the pay started to almost decrease. I have decided to look elsewhere in order to grow and learn new things.
Pros
Weekends, holidays and Summers off, in my department. Excellent staff
Cons
Communication within the company could improve.
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 11, 2017
LifeStream Behavioral Center is a great place to work for. You're given the opportunity to grow and learn from different types of behavioral health settings. With the right management, your day to day job experiences are rewarding.
Cons
Healthcare for Family is expensive
Lock in Unit for Teenage boys
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 23, 2017
Every day was something new. This was a dangerous job, I worked night shift by myself almost the whole time I was employed here. I was responsible for overseeing 12 teenage boys under 18 in a lock in chemical dependency rehab unit. I prepared breakfast and did laundry 5 days a week as well.
Pros
Really weren't any
Cons
High risk job
Bye bye license
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Inexperienced management and nursing staff who are just uneducated or just don't care
Non user friendly software
No communication between programs
Low salaries and no raises
Chaotic
Health Information Technician III (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Typical work day is chaotic. Non profit organization with a very high turn over ratio. Constant change in management, hours aren't too bad, the job description surely don't match the salary given.
Pros
learning
Cons
salary
Over worked staff and stressful enviroment with some good.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Working at life streams, we were under staffed, we all had 10 jobs to do rather then a couple. When hired, I was told I would be full time and the CEO also said I would be and then continued onto the next day after meeting with him/her, was told they were actually going to cut my hours, putting more work in the other women I worked with. With a five women staff we ran four clinics a week. To top it all off life streams did not want us ladies to get over time when charting which takes hours to do after seeing patients. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was hearing all the patients thank us for providing free health care to them. It really felt good to be changing those lives who cant afford healthcare, their appreciation was wonderful and we bonded with our patients. I am good under stress but I would find myself crying when I got home from the stress build up that took its toll on my body. I was a part-time employee working full time hours with no benefits.
Pros
bond with our patients
Cons
no over time, stressful
great teamwork
Behavioral Tech III (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJanuary 27, 2017
You never knew what you were going to walk into when coming onto shift. Some shifts were extremely slow, others were non-stop. There was always the same people working and we all developed a close working relationship and got along very well.
This place has hit an all time low.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLDecember 31, 2016
Once upon a time this was an ok job, despite low pay and no paid holidays. Now I wouldn't be caught dead working there. Agency everywhere and nobody seems to know what a real psych facility should run like. It's pretty sad to see how pathetically run it has become.
Pros
Locals have option to be employed
Cons
Low pay, no holiday pay, ignorant techs and no morality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeStream Behavioral Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7