Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Found 1,851 reviews matching the search See all 1,929 reviews
Fast paced, confusion with orders
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 16, 2018
It's a fast paced enviroment but there is always problems with orders and they get lost in the shuffle of who's going to take care of it. Management seems a little disorganized.
Pros
High pay
Cons
stressful enviroment
Great company to work for
studio manager (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 15, 2018
Consistent culture of communication and provide great recourses for development. They innovate and create a health competitive drive to keep up with changing styles of photography every year.
Great Work Environment
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNNovember 15, 2018
I have worked for Lifetouch for 2 seasons, it has been wonderful. Upon starting the season you have a week of paid training. It is your responsibility to log your own hours and mileage while working. Training does not have mileage reimbursement. During training you are taught everything you need to know for working this job. When the season starts it is the busiest at first and dies out. The hardest part is open houses only for the fact that it's not actually school yet and you have to watch dress code closely and they are about 13-15 hour days with your travel. I was given a gas card so I didnt have to pay for my travel expenses up front. This would be subtracted from my mileage reimbursement at the end of the month. This job requires you to be up very early. My earliest I had to get up was 3am. You travel every single day you are scheduled, as far as 4 hours from my house. You can request closer jobs but I feel you would have lost work. The season lasts 3 months and if you make it through the whole season you get a nice bonus added onto your last check. If you have to travel more then 2.5 hours away from your house you can get a hotel that Lifetouch will pay for and you get a $25 stipend for food added onto your mileage reimbursement that is given to you at the end of the month. You get paid one wage while working and another wage while driving along with your mileage reimbursement.
Pros
Ability to not have to pay for your gas up front, great scheduling flexibility, big bonus for making it through the whole season, great management
Cons
Early mornings
Family work environment
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 13, 2018
It was a great place just not enough knowledge about what the photographers were supposed to be doing throughout management. They lacked structure and not enough props for us using our own cars and doing that job
fun place to work
Sports Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 13, 2018
It's a good company but I need more money. I have alot of experience to continue to be sitting here selling myself short. I need great benefits along with great pay.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
pay and benefits
Great place to grow your inner photographer
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 12, 2018
I love working with Lifetouch! Management is awesome & I’m not micromanaged at all which is great for someone like myself. Not a huge paycheck but if you love kids & are a little tech savvy Lifetouch is a great fit for you!
Pros
Travel
Cons
Jobs are very early
Managent was TERRIBLE
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYNovember 9, 2018
This is a very interesting company to work for. In WNY the Eastern Hills and Galleria location are managed by the same girl. She was the most unprofessional person I have ever come across. There was little communication, HIGH expectations and no wiggle room. The job itself was rather stressful because the company only allows you to deal with customers in a certain way. It does not allow you to adjust your approach depending on the situation. Again the management made this even more unbearable. She would not send schedules out, change them after she did send them out and not allow request offs, no matter what the reason.
Pros
Pay I guess
Cons
Management, Company policies
my review of life touch
Photographer/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 9, 2018
no full time hours unless your a manger, hour lunch breaks, usually working alone, sometimes have to travel, fun and easy job, will not fire you over bad sales average like most photography jobs.
Not worth it.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 9, 2018
I hope you love your own car, because you can be in it for HOURS in a day. The jobs you are given in a week can be all 2 to 3 hours away from your home. The schedule is supposed to be made by the location of your home and how many jobs are NEAR you. I have never had my schedule made that way. "Insurance benefits (medical, dental, life and short-term disability) for full-time employees after waiting period, based on number of hours worked". Not true. I worked for Lifetouch for more than a year and the only employees that were considered full- time were the people working in the office; not the photographers. There were several weeks that I worked over 50 hours, used my own car during those 50 hours, and was not paid enough. Those weeks were the only times that my pay checks were a reasonable wage. I loved photography, but this job will burn you out. If you even have the time to do your own photography on the side. I was good at my job, and I was trusted to be considered a "lead photographer" for undergrad. However, that did not come with a raise nor a full-time title. If the job itself wasn't worth it enough, then hopefully the office that you have to report out of isn't filled with managers that only talk about other members of the office and about their own boss TO THEIR PHOTOGRAPHERS. This creates such a hostile and toxic work environment. No one in the my office trusted or liked each other after a while. All everyone would ever do is be mean and cruel with one another. This is not a viable business model. Change what needs to be changed for the better or advertise this job  more... for what this really is. Not worth it.  less
Pros
A job
Cons
Use own vehicle. Little to no room for full-time. Toxic. Over worked. Underpaid. Under appreciated.
Fun work with long hours
Photographer/Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 7, 2018
Working with kids from early in the morning to late in the afternoon. Its picture day so its always highly stressful, but every day is a new day. Always be ready on your toes.
Easy and peaceful working space
Batch Review (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHNovember 3, 2018
Typical work place. Can get loud and nosily with the machines. Easy work and fast jobs. Great working space and controlled and clean environment. Great people to work with. Lay back jobs to do that are repetitive.
I Love it
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 3, 2018
it's early mornings and driving but I don't mind

it's great to work with kids and have good opportunities

teamwork and a good attitude is key

everyone is treated as equal regardless of age
Pros
teamwork, good management
Cons
early mornings, hard to get time off in season but that is ok
Exceeded Expectations
LNSS (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 2, 2018
Lifetouch is an incredible organization, the “family-like/welcoming culture made going to work everyday fun & exciting! I was able to interact with lifetouch employees all over the U.S. and would highly recommend the company to anyone thinking of pursuing/applying for a position at Lifetouch.
a typical day at work
Material Handler/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 1, 2018
most job at this company are seasonal job. (school year)
Few others are full time year round. Fun company to work for but the upper management like manager wasnt treat me well.
benefits
Cons
job security
This is a high energy, physical and enjoyable employer
PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTOctober 31, 2018
Trained to set up, take down photography equipment. Lights, background, computer, reflector panel, camera, floor mat, hair light, background. Trained on how to take a proper picture.
Hard work. Fun and rewarding at times.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2018
Hard work for little pay. Fun and rewarding at times.

Extreme working hours including travel and loading/unloading equipment, etc.

Stressful. Challenging to stay on schedule and produce the required quality demanded.

Not treated as a professional most of the time despite the professional nature of the job.

Too much time traveling to and from job along with long hours on the job. Little home time.

Gas paid, seasonal work, fun making people smile.

Early mornings, long hours, heavy lifting, using on vehicle us costly.
Pros
Gas paid, seasonal work, fun making people smile
Cons
Early mornings, long hours, heavy lifting, using on vehicle us costly
Ok
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 30, 2018
Work life balance is very tough due to the seasonal nature of the work and layoff periods. Company goals harder to reach with the changes in digital photography and parents need for pictures.
Discovered a passion for photography
Representative & Photographer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2018
Working at LifeTouch allowed exploring more about photography, sales and customer service. While working there I learned that I wanted to pursue a career in advertising.
Lifetouch Studios
Lifetouch Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 28, 2018
If you want to learn the basics of working in a professional photography studio and also learn everything of what NOT to do, then come work for Lifetouch for about 6 month and you will get the gist of things. Management in a nutshell does not care about the working people, they just want to hit their numbers, and the customers basically get any and everything.
Fun but stressful
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 28, 2018
I loved my job when working at Lifetouch. The only downside was the driving out of town, some mornings I had to be up at 3 Am to drive 2 -3 hours. The management was the best, very understanding. They were very flexible when it came to family life. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and seeing the kids smile.
Cons
Long driving hours little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight