Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Found 1,901 reviews matching the search See all 1,982 reviews
Not enough pay for amount of work put in
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 15, 2019
If you like to wake up at 3 in the morning and drive 2.5 hours to a school with screaming kids then go for it. From where you live, you will travel upwards of 3 hours in any direction to a school. If you screw up on one picture, you won't hear the end of it and most of the time 2 out of the 3 managers will be yelling at you. The only pro is they paid for your gas, but even that had a limit of how much. If you don't have good cell service, you're done. They use cell phones more then anyone else I've seen and you'll need about 30 more contacts in your phone for everyone. If you are thinking about working there, just don't. You'll rack up more then 100,000 miles on your car in less then a year and anything happens to it i.e. a wreck, oh well, too bad for you. The max pay you'll get is around 9.25/hour. Not enough to live off of. They pay you while you drive to the school but it's per hour, not mile. So it's just not worth your time because you aren't worth their's.
Pros
Gas Card
Cons
limit on gas card, can't afford much with low pay.
I love Lifetouch
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 15, 2019
I worked at lifetouch during the Christmas season in 2017 and I came back for seasonal in 2018. The manager decided to keep me on the team as a regular worker. It is a great job. The manager is extremely nice and so is the assistant manager. My co-workers were really helpful and friendly. Overall, the people I work with are the most important reason why I like working at Lifetouch. The work environment is very chaotic at times, especially during holidays. There are kids everywhere and parents who just want to take the pictures and leave. I was mostly on sales and not taking pictures, so I had to make sure to talk to customers about what we offer and the discounts they can get. The managers do not put too much pressure on people to sell certain items in order to reach our sales goal, but it was made clear if we were slacking. The company really cares about its customers and its employees, so I'd recommend for people to work here if they want to and if they like interacting with different people of all age groups.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay too little
Lifetouch was a great place to work!
Sales/Photography (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Lifetouch taught me how to be a great Sale rep. I also learned how to manage my time and I was able to thrive at my job by utilizing my competitive personality.
Best job I ever had
Professional Photographer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 13, 2019
I have never enjoyed a job more than the one I got offered at LifeTouch as a field photographer. However, the pay could be a little greater. You are given working hours through the months of Feb to May, and then Aug to Dec, with breaks in between. There is no pay during those times, but LifeTouch does offer unemployment and other job opportunities during the off season.

I enjoyed this job because of my two main passions: photography and interacting with kids. I run my own photography business and I've taught preschoolers in the past and loved it, so you can imagine the fun that is working with LifeTouch.
Pros
opportunities to travel
Cons
no pay during long semester breaks
Doesn't care about their employees
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 13, 2019
They for years stress that the people that worked for them were a family. And it was that way for a while and then they started caring more about the bottom line. They kept pushing people out the people that had worked for them for years and that had made them profitable. They let go all their long term employees because they had worked their way up and they were paying them more. They cut out the heart of the business. They have now sold the company.
Pros
At the end no pros
Cons
No loyalty to employees.
Very professional atmosphere
Day Support Counselor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 13, 2019
I really enjoyed working with the clients,and my co workers it just so happened that the day support facility closed down.life touch is one of my favorite jobs I had I really had a great relationship with my manager,and owner.
It's was awful
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 12, 2019
I had to leave because I was having a panic attack a day. The churches are not told that we come for free so the people there treat us like scum of the earth half the time. Also, we're not technically "employees" but rather "independent contractors", which, at least in the state of Virginia, means that we are not entitled to luxuries such as a lunch break, or any break for that matter. There were times I felt like I was going to burst and I felt guilty for using the restroom. Any job where you are made to feel guilty for using the restroom is an awful job. Also, many people might think that not getting meal breaks are not that big of a deal but they don't realize that I was usually working 12+ hours a day. I worked on commission but was not a "favorite" of the managers higher up so I didn't make much. It's complicated but they can make sure their favorites are sent to the best places. I will say that the manager I had right before I left was significantly better than the one who hired me so it's possible under his management, things were a lot better, but again, I was getting panic attacks regularly so I had to leave.
Pros
learned some about portrait photography
Cons
lot of travel, little compensation, cared very little for employees, no breaks, long hours
Fast pace work
Lead manager of senior division (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 11, 2019
If you love working with children in a very fast place environment. Lots if heavy lifting and on the go all day. Need to be able to go long periods of time without breaks
The hardest part of the job
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2019
The hardest part of the job was the driving in traffic to each school. Getting to take school pictures of the kids was a great experience. It was a great learning experience.
Loved the job, hated the company
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 8, 2019
I loved this job, I was great at it and loved working with children. The company on the other hand is not a good one to work for. Management sucks, you get minimal training. The pay could be so much better. And they want you to do the work of 3 people and get paid as 1.
Cons
Low pay, work never stops
Fun place to work with good people
Desktop Publishing Operator (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Overall fun place to work with good co workers. The building was older so it was not state of art. No sales force, everything was driven off yearbooks. A chance for decent overtime during peak months between Feb. to May. Over the course of years benefits dwindled and insurance costs rose. We were bought out by Shutterfly in April of 2018. Plant closure to commence in June of 2019 per new ownership.
Pros
friendly people to work with, good overtime during peak season
Cons
no bonus, loss of stock price for retirement, slow ssummer months with reduced hours.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Typical day: Starts early, different location each day, set up equipment, photograph students, typically done by noon.
I learned how to set up equipment quickly and all kinds of tricks to make children smile. Management was great, never felt over managed but very supported by managers. One of the best things about this job is that you get to work alone for the most part, I never see my co-workers. Hardest part of job is dealing with directors and parents. Most enjoyable, working alone, being off by 12 or 1 and having summers and winters off.
Pros
Great schedule, off summers and winter breaks
Cons
A lot of driving
Very busy busy during the holidays
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 5, 2019
I was hired for a seasonal job meaning it was during the holiday season and the studio would get very busy and overbooked everyday. It was a struggle to get through the busy days but we did it because we had to. There were constantly upset customers that we could do nothing to help.
encourages artistic acheivment
LEAD PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX and Thornton,COJanuary 4, 2019
I learned a lot working with Lifetouch. You meat a very diverse group of people and the different ways of communicating with them. Lifetouch works with their people in order to develop them creatively.
I love taking pictures
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJanuary 3, 2019
I enjoyed the job and working with the children and taking school pictures.

What I learned was more about the Native American culture.

The hardest part of the job was lugging around the heavy equipment.
Pros
ability to travel
Cons
carrying around heavy equipment and the weight from the equipment, not enough money paid for mileage, not paying for meals
Sales Rep for Seattle School District
District Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 29, 2018
Really enjoyed this job as the bonus pay was exceptional. I sold the school photo packages to either the principle or the PTA board. Figured out the area at each school for photographers to shoot the pictures.
Productive, fun, busy work, great people.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2018
Love working with lifetouch and getting to go to different schools and areas daily. Setting up the camera equipment and seeing some kids' faces when they see how we put it all together. And capturing their beautiful smiles for mom and dad. Early morning hours but they are worth it! Home every night some days even before 2 or 3pm.
Pros
Paid mileage and company gas card
Cons
None really
Horrible place to work
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 27, 2018
Management is terrible, they don't give you hours. They hire new people without properly training them, throw them in there and then give them all the hours makes no sense. They don't pay enough. Old equipment. Studios haven't been updated in years. Very unprofessional.
Pros
I love photography
Cons
Limited to what you can do, horrible place to work
Fun workplace
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJDecember 23, 2018
Working at lifetouch it was long working hours and alot of hard work however it was so much fun. I seen different faces everyday and the pay was great.
Relaxed Work Environment
Production Associate III (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 20, 2018
With my previous jobs consisting only of restaurant work, the work environment and culture is much more relaxed and is a nice change of pace. Other than the mandatory overtime periods in the spring and fall, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Easy going environment/culture
Cons
Lots of mandatory overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight