Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Found 1,957 reviews matching the search See all 2,044 reviews
Great job but hours not depentable
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 21, 2019
I love working at lifetouch in Cheyenne, Wyd. Great Boss and fun staff. Fall season you make terrific money but lots of traveling. Spring season hours are awful, 0-4 days a month. Lay off with unemployment 2 times a year but need 2nd job in the Spring.
Pros
Great job, Fun, Travel, small job perks, flexible and awesome Boss
Cons
very bad Spring Hours, 0-4 days a month
Great Place to work
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLMarch 20, 2019
At Lifetouch you work hard for the money. Everyone is extremely motivated and it is like working with family members. Management is fair and will work with you for the most part. The most enjoyable part of working for Lifetouch is it is a different experience every day.
Fun job
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 20, 2019
This can be a fun job, working with children and teens. Extremely long hours sometimes in less than ideal conditions. Great coworkers and fun day to day.
Lifetouch is a great company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2019
I would probably still be working there, if it didn't go out of business.It was fast paced,but fun and you are able to work in different dept. and on different machines when they need extra help.
Pros
Everybody was friendly
Good coworkers, no benefits
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 19, 2019
Great coworkers, great management, overall a fun and rewarding job. Super early mornings, sometimes long days. There’s almost never a day when everything goes right and you’ll be blamed for it by the schools.
Pros
Off early, gas card
Cons
Early mornings, long drives, carrying around equipment messes up your car, no benefits, pay is garbage for what you have to do, puts a lot of miles on your car
Enjoyed the job very much.
Press Room/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 19, 2019
It was under unfortunate circumstances that I had to leave Lifetouch, which disqualifies me from future employment for 6 months. I look forward to trying to get back in and on full time.
Pros
dress up days, easy work
Cons
Strict attendance policy
Great Place to build skill and flexible
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 18, 2019
This is a great place to work for those who need flexible scheduling. If you love traveling and learning more about the city you live in this job is also a plus seeing as a key part of the job is traveling.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Management is troublesome
Digital Retouch (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHMarch 16, 2019
Overall the department I worked in was very friendly and was a nice environment to work in. I enjoyed my supervisor and my team leader. The only thing that was really what made me leave ultimately was the poor management and the long hours. I worked there in 2010 right out of high school and the min hours worked were 8 a day.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Fun job
Photographer - Brea & Whittier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 12, 2019
This is a job for students or indivuduals whom love photography and taking pictures of people. You will be in close proximity with all clients. Its very customer service and sales bases. Your sales will boost your hours. Or vise versa.
Don't put your heart into it!
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 12, 2019
The phenomenon of abusive supervisors, or what we’ll call “bully bosses.” The behavior of a bully boss can include a wide range of various forms of non-physical aggression, such as ridiculing employees, putting them down in front of others, accusing them of incompetence, blaming them, lying to them, or not giving them credit for their work.

You can't fix a underperforming district by bullying the only ones who are performing above and beyond. You'll be the end of the Michigan market.
Pros
Families, children and creating your own relationships with guests.
Cons
Under staffed, ALWAYS. Labor is always weighted by the amount of appointments. Not pick ups, not sizes of families/ breakdowns/ outfit changes etc.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2019
  Performs entry-level customer support (via phone and email) to handle routine  inquiries (such as answering questions, scheduling appointments, canceling  appointments) and problems from internal and external customers regarding photography, production and services.  Provides customer support utilizing multiple computer applications, including  our eCommerce site.  Promotes and sells products and services, occasionally.  Uses computerized system for accurate tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting.  Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal  information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all  times.  Applies company policies and procedures to ensure consistency as well as compliance.  Recognizes product, quality, service, marketing trends or issues and escalates as appropriate.  Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
People are nice, but it’s not worth it for the pay.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILMarch 10, 2019
I would sometimes leave the house at 3-4 am and not get home until 7-8 pm. Yes, you do get paid $0.30 per mile for gas, but you don’t get paid for oil changes or tires/alignments and they have you drive ALOT of miles. Training is pretty thorough, but mostly on PowerPoint and there’s not a lot of hands on training for a photography job. They focus more on customer service than how the cameras operate and what to do if something goes wrong.
It’s nice sometimes because if kids don’t have school, you don’t work. But it’s also bad because if you don’t work, you don’t get paid. And when you only get paid $11 an hour, every day, every hour counts.
Pros
You get to see different faces every day
Cons
A lot to do with little compensation
hard to make a living
Lead Photographer/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLMarch 6, 2019
commission based pay, slim to no opportunity for advancement, very long work hours and drive time. Management likes to make promises they don't keep. I was with them for a very long time and wasn't even contacted when I submitted my resignation. Also, they do not give you an opportunity to have breaks for meals and the reimbursement for expenses is minimal. I would not recommend this job if you have a family to provide for.
Pros
insurance available if you work enough hours
Cons
no breaks, all travel, very low expense reimbursement
Lifetouch Review
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 6, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company so much but it did take a toll on my car. I would be driving everyday back and forth weather it was within my town or all the way to the city. I would recommend having at least a car that is considered an SUV because there is a lot of equipment that goes in your car and it is at least 300 lbs. I do like how my hours were flexible and since I was uncomfortable driving in very bad snow and over bridges, they kept me at schools where I did not have to go out of my comfort zones. The company is a big family and everyone is friendly towards one another and I do miss that family very much so.
Engaging
photography salesman (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 5, 2019
A fun environment to get to know your co-workers. It's great for someone who has a passion making people smile. You learn many great sales skills for yourself and others.
Work is Life
Prestige Photographer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMarch 4, 2019
The goal is to photograph every single student, while providing a special experience in the minimal amount of time allotted. Each day is overbooked, so you will work through food breaks and barely get a moment to breathe most days. Sometimes you get to meet interesting people. You are always traveling. Your personal vehicle will always be full of LifeTouch photographic equipment. You are expected to be available all the time and are basically on-call 24/7 for peanuts.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Poor Employee Care
Great first place to work to make good money seasonally
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAMarch 3, 2019
Lifetouch is a great company to work for if you're trying to make good money in a short amount of time. The job is seasonal, ranging from end of August to beginning of December and having a month/two month long break with unemployment offered. Then the job usually starts up again for spring pictures at the end of January into end of the April. The fall is a very busy time and requires you to travel to different schools each day. You get reimbursed for driving with a mileage paycheck, drive time and regular work time. You are expected to be on time all the time for there is a 'come as a team, leave as a team' mentality. The equipment and training is given to you if you have no photography experience and if there is any updates, the company is good at keeping its employees in the loop. I would recommend this job to any single or married person, but keep in the mind, the equipment does stay in your car.
Pros
Don't have to clock out for lunch, easy job to get overtime
Cons
No benefits, raises don't come too often
Great people to work with.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 2, 2019
Good enjoyable culture. Fast paced and challenging work flow.

Hardest part of the job was work during the busy season.

Most enjoyable was the satisfaction of shipping product on time.

Management very supportive of employees.
Pros
Friendships and relationships
Cons
Some positions didn't provide full time employment
Not a great place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 26, 2019
The people do what they want and when you complain you become a problem.They stay on their phones eat on the production floor and have no respect for Leadership and the favoritism is out of this world
Pros
They give you free cookies
Cons
Favoritism, Disrespect
Lots of fun with great co workers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 24, 2019
Used spreadsheets, fixed corrupted files, printed student id's and directories. The work environment was great. Super friendly co workers and great managers who interacted with the workers when a problem would come up. Had fun days like wacky Wednesday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight