Lifetouch Employee Reviews

Every Area of this Company is Broken
Photographer & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLJuly 21, 2018
If you are looking for a company to make improvements, you can turn in any direction and make comprehensive improvements. Poor communication, poor scheduling, low pay, no security, no voice for personal experiences.

If you decide to work here you will remember reading this where I say work anywhere else.
Pros
lots of time off since I don't work more than 6 months a year
Cons
too, too many to mention
Seasonal part time
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN 55344July 20, 2018
You take school photos so you get the flexiblitly for parents with kids in school. You did the same job everyday but at a different location which gives you the feel of changing jobs
Pros
weekends and holidays off
Cons
daily driving to different locations
Excellent Company to work for
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Seymour, CTJuly 20, 2018
Excellent place to work. Hours are long for 4 hours a week but you usually work 40 hrs. each week. You are paid for training and for traveling to the locations and back home (if you have equipment with you.)
Pros
paid for mileage from your home until you get back to the office (or home if you have equipment)
Cons
Need to have room in your vehicle to pack the equipment.
Amazing place
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 19, 2018
Life touch gave me the hands on experience with children and animals. This is where I learned to be really soft with people and patient as well. It also allowed me to be as creative as I can be and my sales were a high result of my creativity.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
There aren’t many stores open
The Photographers and under paid and over worked.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
Photographers are underpaid and overworked. Raises are minimal and you are also required to travel on a daily basis. The office and management team, are always covering up mistakes and the issues are then blame onto the photographers. Reimbursements for travels was always an issues and the Operational Manager seems drunk everyday.
Pros
great photography experience
Cons
not worth time or commitment
Terrible pay, terrible hours, terrible management.
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHJuly 19, 2018
Lifetouch was promising at first. But will never correct their management or wage issues. Always expect more when you are already doing a great job and giving it your all.
Nothing to be motivated by
Photographer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
Pay a living wage for experience. Change the start time to hours where people are awake and alert, and update your dinosaur equipment. The staff in the office should also be communicating well and make good on their promises.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Bad pay, bad hours, old equipment, and excessive driving.
a day at Lifetouch
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 18, 2018
arrive at a school, set up equipment, photograph students in a timely manner,tear down equipment, go back to office and do end of day work. have to travel daily to schools.
Pros
if you love kids and photography this job is for you
Cons
Lucky to get time off for anything
Fun place to work
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJuly 18, 2018
Great Management
HR does a lot of things for employees
Could be a little more cultured
Family like work setting
Work some holidays
Good team of people
Relaxing and excellent environment
Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHJuly 18, 2018
I LOVED working here. They have an incredible working environment and the management is very humble. The pay was good for the type of work I was doing. This is a very good place to work.
Pros
Scheduled breaks
Individual Photographer
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 15, 2018
Not an office job. Great for someone who can't sit behind a desk. Working with kids is always a fun time. LOTS of driving, though the company does compensate you for gas. Hours vary and very hard to get time off.
Nice break room, but thats it.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 13, 2018
If you like having to step up and do other peoples jobs because of laziness, like having a boss that is lazy and never around, and like being singled out and written up for things the whole team does, this is the place for you. The pay they start you at is great, but dont expect any raises, bonuses, or praise for your hard work. The health insurance is horrible, the management doesn't care about company complaints, you will be denied the chance to move up in the company just because the boss doesnt want to have to worry about training in a new person.
Pros
Break room
Cons
The company
Lots of travel, fun kids.
Professional Photographer (Current Employee) –  MaineJuly 13, 2018
I loved working with the children, absolute blast. The travel was ok but it wears on your vehicle. Not sure its something I would return to. .
Great, positive atmosphere
Data Entry (Sports/Gios) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 12, 2018
Such a relaxed environment, with great management, and qualified people always willing to help you learn what was needed to get the job done efficiently. I felt really at home there, and felt with my typing/data entry skills set I could really soar. Fantastic employer!
Pros
Consistent hours, friendly employee/employer relationships
Cons
seasonal work
Foundation of excellence
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 11, 2018
This company takes time from the beginning to start investing in the employee. They understand that through strong team work and clear communication things go far
Joke
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 10, 2018
You busted your butt for this company and got nothing in return. Customers were always complaining because we were forced to do there pictures in a ten minute session and half the time the kids were just warming up by the time we had to cut the session short. I did love my coworkers and miss most my customers i miss making moms happy when i got that shot that captured the child.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
sore knees
Horrible Home/Work Balance
Photographer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 9, 2018
This is a horrible job if you like spending time with your family or friends. I traveled almost daily, from 2-8 hours per day. You got under the state minimum for gas millage reimbursement and couldn't claim the $15 for food unless you were staying overnight (and sometimes that meant getting home at 1 or 2 am without a meal...). If you were a studio carrier, well say goodbye to your car. It takes up every inch of the inside and scratches everything up. The equipment is outdated, always breaking and not preforming properly, causing so many problems during a session which decreases you making a sale. Oh, and did I mention there is NO base pay. Strickly commission. So if no one buys, you get no paycheck. Not a good job if you need to provide for your family.
There is no such thing as "weekends off" or "Sundays off", either. Managment is horrific! When a paycheck problem comes up, it isn't solved in a timely fashion or even at all occasionally. I have actually lost about $600ish when they screwed up my paycheck and didn't reimburse me. I had to ask my manager several times and when he didn't make any effort to fix it I had to go to the top myself and let me tell you, HR is rude. I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you like living on the road and have no family/friends.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, horrible work/home balance, not guarantied pay, uncommunicative supervisors
Easy place to work
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN 55344July 9, 2018
Great seasonal job people a good to work with, hours are good, it is air-conditioned in the summer. Would highly recommend this place to work especially for a seasonal job
MyJob
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 9, 2018
I loved working with this company. I only wish they paid more. and one could work full time vs part time. With benefits of course. The is is my only thing.
Cookie cutter
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 8, 2018
Photographing children is a blast, but not at the speed of which you're made to do it. They harped so hard on their photographers about productivity that it cuts out the time needed to capture good quality images. Great equipment though!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight