Lifetouch Employee Reviews

It was fun
Preschool Photographer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2018
Lifetouch is a great job for anybody who wants to work photography as a job, it is not however great, if you need it as your only source of income. Still I would recommend.
Pros
Understanding staff and team, great enviroment
Cons
seasonal income
Good place to work if you're single
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MSFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work, but would be easier on people that are single as it requires a lot of travel. A lot of hours a week are required in this job and good motivation.
If you like photography
Studio Member (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Great job if you like photography and are fine working with kids of all ages and have patience. Need to be able to sell as well since we are selling them packages after we take the pictures.
Pros
Photography
Cons
Hours based on appointments
Great Company to work for, really cared for their employees.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 22, 2018
The hardest part of this job was the traveling, about 4,000 miles a month which is hard on your vehicle and it was seasonal work which left you drawing unemployment in off time. Overall a great experience though!
Pros
Daily travel stipend and gas card.
Great Team to work with.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardiner, MEFebruary 21, 2018
I like being apart of this company, I believe we do make a difference providing families with portraits to last a lifetime. We continue to better the experiences for our customers as they are our first priority.
Great work environment. Tight knit group of employees in my division. Management was engaging and extremely helpful.
Pub Specialist/Analyzer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 20, 2018
Starting work for Lifetouch was an easy process. After passing data entry and color tests, my interviewer was very helpful in finding my a set of hours that benefited me in my temporary position. Rules regarding punctuality and absences were very strict, but that should be a goal of any worker, realistically. I started out as a pub specialist, but in my time there I also learned color analyzing and some data entry. Management started each work day with announcements and rundown of business orders so as all workers understood what goals need to be accomplished. My manager was very understanding of my life outside of work (I’m a musician) and was willing to help me in any way they could. On my last day, my coworkers wishes me well, and my managers (of which were three because I worked a swing shift) came to me each on their own and thanked me for my hard work.
Pros
Inclusive work culture, great management
Cons
Strict late and attendance policies
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 19, 2018
Really enjoyed working here, spent a lot of team learning the ins and outs of their business and who they are as a company. The workplace was serious but fun, had a lot of laughs, but got a lot of work done.
LifeTouch
Field Photographer (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Life Touch was a very busy job with a sense of fulfillment. Knowing that your work is cherished gives you a great feeling of accomplishment. Although it was physically demanding working with our clients was very fulfilling.
Busy
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 18, 2018
Very fast work periods, but some days are slow. Pay not as much for what you do or put into a week. Mileage reimbursement not that great for the ware and tare on your car.
Good
SALES ASSOCIATE/PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2018
This job was a lot of fun! I enjoyed taking pictures and helping clients capture their most precious moments. But I did work during the holiday season and the work environment was out of control! On busy days it was tough to keep up. But on the days with only a few appointments were great days!
Productive work place
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Took yearbook pictures of kids from kindergarten thru 12th grade.Had to work with principle along with teachers to make sure the students were organized.
Pros
Seeing kids that were happy to have picture taken.
Cons
Leaving at 3:00 A.M. to drive 5 hours to a school.
Amazing place to work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 14, 2018
I worked with a group, and I gained a lot of understanding about applications, and when updates are made to an application. the management were very friendly. I always was challenged to discover a bug on an new feature on the application, or address a ticket issues that are hard to troubleshoot. I worked with amazing team and, it felt like a work family environment. Amazing place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Richmomd vaFebruary 11, 2018
Life Touch was a nice place to work at everyone was team players I loved my clients life touch did not offer any health care or paid vacation I left on good terms I thought l was moving out of town thats why I left life touch.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
If you enjoy Photographing the lives of everyday People then you'll love Lifetouch Photography.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCFebruary 10, 2018
If you do not like children or teenagers or people in administrative roles or you dislike people in general..this is not a job for you. However if you enjoy giving people a lasting memory to share with their loved ones and you welcome the challenge of making children and teenagers and adults of all ages try to smile then yes Lifetouch is the job for you.

Prerequisites:
Must enjoy photographing Humans.
Must have a working knowledge of the speed of light.
Must have the ability to understand the science of micro-expressions.
Must be attentive to the details.
Pros
The misplaced and often very different personalities
Cons
The different and often very misplaced personalities
Be Prepared to Work
Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 9, 2018
This is a great job if you are a student and need extra money. It is a great job if you are retired and bored. Do not go into this job thinking that it is going to be enough to sustain your expenses. It will not.
Pros
work by yourself most days
Cons
never knowing how many appointments you have or what you'll do until you get there
if you like putting up with a lot of bull
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Where i love the people that i work with and the people that come in. There is ZERO advancement opportunities in this company, unless you are willing to borderline sell your soul to this company. You have to be the best performer to get anywhere.
Also, Favoritism is a big thing.
The hours are also really bad.
On call shifts most of the year, youll be lucky to get 10 hours in a week.
Also, don't even bother asking for $10/hour.
Pros
can be fun
Cons
no advancement, no hours.
Lifetouch is family oriented and takes care of their employyes.
Sales specialist & photographer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 9, 2018
There were very few full-time opportunities so unfortunately I had to find a job with more consistent hours. I enjoyed my coworkers and regular customers. Every day was different so the job never got boring.
Widespread management issues
Photographer (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 9, 2018
The job itself is pretty great. The job can be a bit stressful but no more than any other. The coworkers are amazing and we had a lot of really great people on the photographer level. However, for whatever reason (I suspect pay levels) the company has a widespread issue with management. I'm not going to go into details and badmouth anyone, but there is a very distinct differance between the photographers and the leads as far as work ethic and mentality goes. I had the opportunity to work in several states and with several teams and this seems to be universal throughout the company. I know that MY lead was often stressed to the point of near breakdowns so I speculate this phenomenon is due to leads being overburdened and undercompensated.
Pros
Fun job, great coworkers, good beginner experiance
Cons
Travel, poorly maintained equipment, leadership.
Ok
Auto Packer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 8, 2018
This job was seasonal and I did not like that at all. That is all there is to say about this job. I was very fast paced and not alot of breaks to take
Pros
nothing
Cons
seasonl
Decent work exprience
Photographer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2018
They gave you two weeks of training and then left you on your own to run the whole shop without anyone to really help if there was a problem. When there was a problem there was nothing you could really do for the customor beside appoligising to them.
Pros
work experience
Cons
Lack of managent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetouch. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight