Lifetouch
70Above average

Lifetouch Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA15 reviews
There were a lot of slow days working at lifetouch, especially outside of the holiday season. When in holiday season work was quick paced, stressful, and constant throughout the day and a bit rushed at times. Although the pay was okay the work environment was fantastic and I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested.
Working here was ok as a fresh out of college job. Getting to work with the kids at the centers is very fun, but on the down side, there is a lot of traveling which puts a lot of miles on your car. The amount of equipment is kind of annoying to have to take around everyday, along with the fact that things can be changed day of and you not get notified until it is almost too late is also a down side.
Pros
Weekends off, photography experience
Cons
A lot of travel/miles on vehicle, a lot of driving, some company changes make things more complicated on the photographers, a lot of equipment to carry around, probably not enough pay for the work you do.
The only time it is good for hours is the holiday season. The rest of the time the hours are bad......................................................
Working with kids sounded okay, but I quickly learned it wasn't something I wanted to spend my life doing. The photography aspect wasn't focused on creativity either. It was more on consistency. So it's not an artsy job if that's what you're looking for.
Pros
Schools sometimes give you lunches or company parties go to laser tag
Cons
Dealing with academic administration and condensed shooting schedules
Lifetouch has been a good company to work for. Learned a lot. Lot's of growth opportunity.

It is 100% employee owned so you have a big stack in growing and building the business.

I will be sad to leave.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Not enough pay for the work amount of work they expect you to do.
very stressful as well. Managers are nice, and you work in the field so do not have to report to anyone daily,
I was able to use my photography skills to create memories for families and build relationships with my clients. I really enjoyed being able to make people happy by using my skills.
fun, flexible, understanding, not very consistent on hours though. Manager is very cool, you should like working with kids. Come across some really nice people.
It was a very relaxed environment for the most part. I answered phone calls, took orders, counted money.
I worked with a bunch of great people!
Pros
laid back
Cons
money could of been better
A typical day at work varies on the time of year and the day of the week. Some days are very busy and some are very slow. You just have to be prepared for whatever happens. I've learned to always put customers first and to make sure they are happy at all times. Management at my job is not as professional as it should be. For the little pay they expect a lot, that they are not even doing themselves. My manager can be fun at times, but not trusted as she talks about us behind our backs and does not always keep word on everything. Management needs to also learn how to live by example with actions instead of putting others down all the time. She can be understanding at times but a lot of work still needs to be taken place. My co-workers are like my family. Well at least two of them so far. The others cannot be trusted that much because they are considered to be the manager's pets and converse rudely about the other employees. The hardest part about the job is trying to make sure you do everything right, and keep a smile on your face. Dealing with customers and the overall job is a handful because so much is going on, but I'm glad that I manage to get through each day. The most enjoyable part about this job is seeing the beautiful children that come each day and seeing my customers enjoy there pictures and time at JCP Potraits.
• Posed and photographed students and staff including Kindergarten through 12th graders, prom & dance, sporting events and special events.
• Proactviley enganed in giving clear direction and expectations for parents, school personnel, and student helpers regarding their role in Picture Day.

• Worked closely with staff to establish appropriate work flow of classrooms and effectively resolve any issues.

• Represented Lifetouch in a professdional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and school rules and policies.

• Displayed confidence and professionalism at all times.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the students! I loved the fast paced environment, it definitely made the day go by fast! Sometimes the commute wasn't enjoyable and there is no creative photography to it but the challenge of making students smile made it worth it! The team I had the pleasure of working for was wonderful! They were incredibly nice and very accommodating! They were always available for any reason and any time I needed help they would not hesitate to lend a helping hand!
Pros
fast paced, friendly coworkers
Cons
commute
Productive workplace, however, there is very little opportunity for advancement or benefits from the company.
A typical day at Lifetouch is long.You work very hard,sometimes without a break. My position as Photographer has taught me many new things.The main thing I learned here is patience.Management is very different then most places.They try their best to accommodate the employee's needs.The hardest part of my day is setting up and taking down the equipment.The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing a child smile for their photo and knowing I have done my best to achieve that smile.
Pros
Unsupervised, Seasonal work
Cons
Short breaks, Long days, Seasonal work
Lifetouch was a fun place to work. My day started out with printing out the flyers, and then sending them out to schools. In the afternoon I would have some work to do in excel. I also assisted other associates with every day tasks. The atmosphere was great everyone worked together. It was sad when the owner retired, the office closed.
Pros
small office