LifeWay Christian Resources Employee Reviews

Serving others is great!
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
Working for LifeWay IS serving others! From that stand point, it is a wonderful, and fulfilling, job. However, don't expect to paid fairly and the demands (i.e. job knowledge, modules, videos, etc.) is quite exasperating (at times)!
Pros
great work environment
Cons
pay
Christian is just in the name
Retail Staging Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 2, 2018
Horrible to Work for
paid poorly in a building that had no windows or air conditioning
management structure is confusing, had no idea who I was supposed to reporting to
Pros
easy to schedule, nice co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no AC, bad managemen
Love the Christian Environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 22, 2018
This is not a very progressive company. The management at this store inconsistent. Compensation was not equitable. The best part was working with the people from the region.
Pros
Christian
Cons
Not pro-employee
Inventory and Logistics Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2018
LifeWay was an amazing company. I loved getting to further God's purpose while working on challenging assignments in my field of study. It was an amazing internship opportunity and I have very grateful God provided it for me.
Poor management
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 9, 2018
As a former employee of the Clarksville TN store, I wouldn’t recommend this job. Manager was let go due to issues on running store and mistreating employess. Corporate took forever to listen to many complaints. Lots of stress and emotions when you learn you were trained incorrectly and poorly. I was emotionally and spiritually drained, because it felt like a business and not a ministry.
Pros
I’m not sure if you would call it a pro
Cons
Lowest pay for a job
Fast-paced and friendly environment with many customers to assist
Sales cashier (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 27, 2018
On a typical day at this job you could expect to assist many customers and help them with their needs. I learned to work with people more and i gained a lot of patience. I would say the hardest part of the job was being able to balance assisting customers in the store and on the phone because sometimes it may just be you and one other person out on the sales floor. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is to see customers satisfied with their purchase and just grateful that you're there to assist them and meet their needs. I've heard a quote that says "People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care".
Not the christian enviroment they kead you to believe
Operations Associate Former (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 26, 2018
I would not recommend working here. If you are in the management click then you are ok. If you are not then look out. They will talk about you and treat you like a child.
Met bonus numbers every month so they raised the numbers.
They need to change the name to Distribution Center not Lifeway Christian.
Pros
Work load
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 7, 2018
Working for Lifeway was great for the first few weeks but then after a period of employment it went sour. They started asking me to do things that I had not been trained for and eventually just stopped putting me on the schedules.
Great Place to work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 10, 2018
There are some days where we can be busy and other days where we are slow. We are a family at LifeWay and we are always there for each other. Some days can be stressful when there are a lot of task to get completed but days are usually a breeze. We are customer centric and we always put the customers first. We want to make sure we are reaching everyone and that they have a great shopping experience.
Best place I have ever worked.
Editor Multi-language Publishing (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 27, 2018
Best place I have ever worked. Best management and people to work with. Aligned with my values and purpose in life. Time has flown by for me as an employee of this company. It has been a privilege and honor to be part of LifeWay Christian Resources.
Good Place to work
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2018
Good Place to work. I met great people while I worked there, enjoyed the hours I worked. Has great benefits and a great work culture. Would recommend to a friend!
Fast paced, innovative, team oriented
Bible Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 3, 2018
Lifeway requires a great sense of flexibility and is extremely relational. My focus is on executing different product marketing initiatives while supporting the sales team with product samples for meetings with buyers.

I have a diversity of tasks and do travel when we engage in event marketing to key influencers throughout the U.S. My focus is to serve internal and external partners well with the focus of boosting revenue for the Bible product team to support the overall health of LIfeway.
Pros
Life/work balance, Team oriented environment
Cons
Frequent organizational restructures
Great place to work, great people to work with.
Universal Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2018
My overall working experience working at LifeWay for almost 13 years. All of my co-workers were not just that, but they became my friends. We were a tem, we helped one another, prayed for one another and always were there to encourage and lift one another up.
Pros
Chapel Service every other week
Cons
Ministry based on a business model
Universal Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Ministry based on a business model is the idea, but the two become interchanged quite frequently causing hold-ups in productivity and quality of products offered.
It’s a poor quality job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 15, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to that place. I just need more money and more hours. I work good with other people but they are rude at lifeway. No room to improve in the company. I want more opportunities.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Low pay
Good place to be around good people
Church Connect Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 1, 2018
Most days are very limited to what can be done. Most work is done behind the Point of Sale system and there are very rarely enough staff to accomplish all of the work day requirements.
Pros
Decent discount on most of the products.
Cons
Lack of staff
Love it!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 25, 2018
I love working there. Great staff, awesome customers. No two shifts are the same. It's a wonderful combination of customer involvement and retail. I'd be happy there forever if I had more hours and better pay.
friendly and fun workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 20, 2018
Lifeway is not just a job, it is also a ministry, where we can serve the local community with gospel-centered and biblical products. We are hoping for more in Michigan. It is much needed.
Fun place to work, cafe on site, games on every floor for relaxation on breaks
B&H and LifeWay Trade Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2018
Wonderful co-workers, Christian environment, positive work culture, on site gym, cafe, credit union, and bookstore, excellent collaboration and training, great place to work!
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Lots of good people in this place
Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 10, 2018
While the company culture doesn't always align or isn't as consistent as it should be. There's a lot of great people that work here and are committed to doing a great job and ministering to the needs of others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeWay Christian Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight