LifeWay Christian Resources Employee Reviews

Challenging Changes
Designer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 22, 2018
Nice building in a growing area.
Ability to work outside of the office is a plus.
LifeWay store downstairs.

Divided workplace.
Unclear direction from management.
Constant layoffs and little job security.
Almost no advancement opportunities.
Congested traffic to interstate.
Pros
Days to work away from office.
Cons
Constant layoffs with little job security.
Difficult environment with micromanagement a constant.
Sales Associate - Core Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 5, 2018
The directions for the company would change dramatically every year with the hiring of a new vice president. The manager micro manages every aspect of your work and it is very difficult to advance in the company. The team wants to be a family but it fails in this regard.
Pros
Understanding of school schedules.
Cons
Weird hours
Overall good experience, but some drawbacks
Designer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2018
Pros- Nice environment, new building is very clean and modern. Very flexible with schedule and ability to work from home.

Cons- Management is not always clear, with goals and expectations. Change focus quickly, a lot of turn-over of employees.
Strong company to work for but the rate of pay could be hirer for associates.
Church Connection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
I had four years with this company. It is a strong company with many good and caring people. The company always stressed the maintaining of a healthy culture among associates. The company offered opportunities for advancement. Some training aspects were weak in the area of management training. My personal opinion is that there are too many unnecessary complexities created in the operation of the company. These complexities interfere with the day to day operations of serving the customer at the best level. This may be sounding as an oxymoron in light of the intense training program that covers such basics as customer service and product knowledge. Employees can become overworked with training and miss the customer. Overall, the pay per hour is lower than most companies pay. Too much change occurred in various areas of the store operations in regards to product placement, depending on who was hired and what their philosophy of marketing dictated. For a young person interested in a career with this company, there is opportunity to move up into higher paying positions.
I love fuge
FUGE staffer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2018
LifeWay has an amazing goal of sharing Jesus in so many ways. They all have such a heart for camp and just the cause. Overall LifeWay has helped me to build myself into the person I want to be.
Pros
The family you make as a FUGE staffer
Cons
You have to leave
Wonderful company with wonderful values
Bible Study Leader and Photographer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2018
I love Lifeway and it's value. It's a company that values a good work ethic and it's easy to hop on board with their mission. They strive for excellence and it's obvious in everything that they do.
Part time is great full time is over worked and expectations have gottwn way to high
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont txAugust 7, 2018
Hated working there the last 6 months. The expectation of the managers is unreal and no flexibility in what should be done at the stores. The overall mission is great but business has overcome the ministry that they are made for.
Pros
Customer relationships
Cons
Upper management dont know what they are doing sometimes
Productive, energetic environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 5, 2018
Working at Lifeway was one of the best opportunities I'd ever been given. Work was always exciting and different. Typically we would come in, have our before week meeting, stock, pull books, and organize. We engrave/brand bibles, fundraise for many charities and organizations and rework the store. Someone was always able to talk to a customer. Everyone that worked there was so incredible. The atmosphere was amazing and fun and relaxed. The hardest part of the job was when a new manager came in, we all had our own groove but a new manager arrived and cleared everyone out and replaced the entire staff. We all worked full time hours on part time shifts. I learned to love people at this job.
I enjoyed my time with Lifeway
Lifeway Fuge camps staff member (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 26, 2018
Lifeway is a great company ran by many people who seek the best for their employers. I would recommend working for Lifeway to anyone who was interested
Mission Minded Organization
Online Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2018
LifeWay has a great mission and purpose, which is to serve the church. LifeWay employees feel they have a calling for working there and making an impact on the Kingdom of God.
Good life/work balance, great co-workers.
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2018
The world itself is not very stressful and can be very rewarding. Very good life/work balance and above average benefits/ Not always sure of mangement decisions.
Great business to minister to people
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 21, 2018
Good Christian people who cared about their customer by providing good products. There were good benefits and good pay at LifeWay Christian Resources. I enjoyed working there. I was laid off.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Serving others is great!
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
Working for LifeWay IS serving others! From that stand point, it is a wonderful, and fulfilling, job. However, don't expect to paid fairly and the demands (i.e. job knowledge, modules, videos, etc.) is quite exasperating (at times)!
Pros
great work environment
Cons
pay
A perfect place to grow and develop as a person and a professional
Cashier, Customer Service, Stock Room (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 17, 2018
Lifeway has an amazing work culture paired with incredible staff that truly put their all into their work. Management was the most thoughtful and understanding I had ever encountered. I loved this job!
Pros
Culture, Work, Staff
Cons
Overall Summary is a great place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX & Hurst TxJuly 7, 2018
Working at LifeWay was one of the highlights of my working career.
The management and co-workers were amazing. I made so many
friends both employees and customers. How great is it to be able
to talk about the Lord all day. !!!
Pros
flexible hours and caring management
Cons
low salary
Christian is just in the name
Retail Staging Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 2, 2018
Horrible to Work for
paid poorly in a building that had no windows or air conditioning
management structure is confusing, had no idea who I was supposed to reporting to
Pros
easy to schedule, nice co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no AC, bad managemen
Fun, friendship and fellowship all in one
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL 32541June 25, 2018
I LOVED working at Lifeway and if it wasn't for me thinking I was going to be a missionary in Houston I would still be working there! The staff is awesome and the relational side of working there was my favorite! Best job ever!
Awesome!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 22, 2018
LifeWay is a great place to work. I was able to help so many people find resources that they didn't know even existed. I loved the atmosphere and the management.
Love the Christian Environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 22, 2018
This is not a very progressive company. The management at this store inconsistent. Compensation was not equitable. The best part was working with the people from the region.
Pros
Christian
Cons
Not pro-employee
Inventory and Logistics Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2018
LifeWay was an amazing company. I loved getting to further God's purpose while working on challenging assignments in my field of study. It was an amazing internship opportunity and I have very grateful God provided it for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeWay Christian Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight