LifeWay Christian Resources Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work
Associate Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 4, 2018
At Lifeway I was thought of as an individual with my own ideas and insight. Things that i suggested were taken seriously and I felt like my peers listened to my ideas. Everything that was done, was done to support the mission of the company.
Relaxed environment with great coworkers
Key Holder Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2018
There is never any form of stress, even during busy holiday times. Coworkers are friendly and caring, always happy to help you out when you need it. Management is competent and willing to work hard themselves. They will never assign a task to part time employees that they would not do themselves.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay for part time
Cons
Only store and assistant manager are full time
Encouraging Place to Be Employed
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 24, 2018
Every day you come into the store, you know that you are there for a purpose. The atmosphere is always light and joyful. Your coworkers and managers are always looking out for you with good hearts and that honestly sets the job a part from any I have ever had. The customers are so down to earth and understanding which just adds to the perks. Like any job, it does have its grumpy customers that can't be pleased, but at the end of the day it is still a great place to work at.
Pros
Encouraging environment, well-trained/educated employees, kind management, clean atmosphere
Sometimes forgets it's a ministry
Editor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2018
I've worked with LifeWay as a whole for over 10 years. In the last few years, it's become very profit-minded and the "flexible scheduling" just means they expect you to be on call past working hours. It's very hard to keep a work-life balance.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
Poor advancement
Good fit for students and retirees
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 20, 2018
This workplace is basically designed for students and retirees. The pay is slightly above minimum wage and no benefits are afforded. The work environment is wonderful with a heavy Christian influence. A profession of faith is highly desired by this organization.
Pros
Christian based environment
Cons
Low pay and benefits, low hours
I enjoyed every minute of LifeWay! Christian environment
Administrative Assistant to the Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 17, 2018
I loved working at LifeWay, in fact, I worked there a second time briefly but had to relocate for my safety and was not able to return. I worked for the Music Marketing Manager for almost 10 years.
Pros
Christian environment
Best job ever!
Operation associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 9, 2018
I love everything about my job! It's so rewarding to be apart of being Gods hands and feet sharing the word with the world! My manager, Shane, is awesome! Wonderful people to work with as well! Bonuses based on production, incentive time offered, 401k, benefits, perfect attendance awards, dinners/celebrations. You can just feel that you're loved and welcomed when you walk through the doors.
Pros
Bonuses based on production, incentive time offered
Cons
Salary could be a little more
Great Company Culture
Financial Analyst - Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2018
I have really enjoyed my time at LifeWay. The corporate culture is great! The company stresses work/life balance. The compensation is satisfactory -- the organization is a non-profit, and pays accordingly. Career advancement is somewhat of a challenge because the organizational structure is somewhat flat.
I enjoyed it.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 4, 2018
I really really love this company. This company is an awesome place to work. The pay isn’t the best but the atmosphere is wonderful. Loving and caring people I work with.
LifeWay believe in training you be customer centric
They teach you to love on your customer. They believe your customers are primary. Take care of the customer.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Psy
setup, and sales of Dayspring card section (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 28, 2018
Warm, welcoming, exclusive, Christ Centered. Def a little pricey to shop here but since Family Christian closed this is truely a wonderful place to go!
Pros
Fun management
Cons
Minimum wage
Challenging Changes
Designer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 22, 2018
Nice building in a growing area.
Ability to work outside of the office is a plus.
LifeWay store downstairs.

Divided workplace.
Unclear direction from management.
Constant layoffs and little job security.
Almost no advancement opportunities.
Congested traffic to interstate.
Pros
Days to work away from office.
Cons
Constant layoffs with little job security.
Fun, Energetic, and motivational
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVSeptember 18, 2018
It was a great place to work. Great chemistry was had. The customers were great. It was the easiest place to work customer service wise. Easy fixes and everything was organized.
Meet amazing kinds of people there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 7, 2018
Expect to work hard there. Very busy environment with phones, stocking and customers on the sales floor. Very formatted duties to perform each day. Takes excellent customer service seriously. Caring personnel who enjoy both employees and customers.
Pros
Meeting friendly and interesting people every day.
Cons
Low pay and few hours offered to work except seasonal demand
Difficult environment with micromanagement a constant.
Sales Associate - Core Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 5, 2018
The directions for the company would change dramatically every year with the hiring of a new vice president. The manager micro manages every aspect of your work and it is very difficult to advance in the company. The team wants to be a family but it fails in this regard.
Pros
Understanding of school schedules.
Cons
Weird hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 5, 2018
I’ve been working there on and off for a couple of years and I love management. They’ve become and treat you like family.
As long as you do what your supposed to, working there is a piece of cake!
Overall good experience, but some drawbacks
Designer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2018
Pros- Nice environment, new building is very clean and modern. Very flexible with schedule and ability to work from home.

Cons- Management is not always clear, with goals and expectations. Change focus quickly, a lot of turn-over of employees.
Strong company to work for but the rate of pay could be hirer for associates.
Church Connection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
I had four years with this company. It is a strong company with many good and caring people. The company always stressed the maintaining of a healthy culture among associates. The company offered opportunities for advancement. Some training aspects were weak in the area of management training. My personal opinion is that there are too many unnecessary complexities created in the operation of the company. These complexities interfere with the day to day operations of serving the customer at the best level. This may be sounding as an oxymoron in light of the intense training program that covers such basics as customer service and product knowledge. Employees can become overworked with training and miss the customer. Overall, the pay per hour is lower than most companies pay. Too much change occurred in various areas of the store operations in regards to product placement, depending on who was hired and what their philosophy of marketing dictated. For a young person interested in a career with this company, there is opportunity to move up into higher paying positions.
Good entry level job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2018
Started working as a store associate. We didn't get many hours unless it was holiday season then our hours were boosted. Work environment was very nice I liked the spiritual side and how you were allowed to share that side of oneself in the work place. Most of the job is restocking shelves, organizing floor and interacting with customers on sales floor and during checkout. Hourly wage wasn't that great and barely an advancements but they do happen. When offered a new position I did see a couple more hours but no change in hourly salary. Only way to get a raise is through training and it is only a dime or two difference.

Would recommend as an entry level job. Good experience and not a difficult job. I believe it's the ideal job for a student.
Pros
Easy, Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor salary, Barely any job advancements
I love fuge
FUGE staffer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2018
LifeWay has an amazing goal of sharing Jesus in so many ways. They all have such a heart for camp and just the cause. Overall LifeWay has helped me to build myself into the person I want to be.
Pros
The family you make as a FUGE staffer
Cons
You have to leave
Terrible place to work
Lead Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 10, 2018
They make promises and don't keep them. They give conferences and are quick to point out faults in other companies and turn around and do the same thing. They do not care about their employees or customers at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeWay Christian Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight