LifeWay Christian Resources Employee Reviews

Best place I have ever worked.
Editor Multi-language Publishing (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 27, 2018
Best place I have ever worked. Best management and people to work with. Aligned with my values and purpose in life. Time has flown by for me as an employee of this company. It has been a privilege and honor to be part of LifeWay Christian Resources.
Good Place to work
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2018
Good Place to work. I met great people while I worked there, enjoyed the hours I worked. Has great benefits and a great work culture. Would recommend to a friend!
Fast paced, innovative, team oriented
Bible Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 3, 2018
Lifeway requires a great sense of flexibility and is extremely relational. My focus is on executing different product marketing initiatives while supporting the sales team with product samples for meetings with buyers.

I have a diversity of tasks and do travel when we engage in event marketing to key influencers throughout the U.S. My focus is to serve internal and external partners well with the focus of boosting revenue for the Bible product team to support the overall health of LIfeway.
Pros
Life/work balance, Team oriented environment
Cons
Frequent organizational restructures
Great place to work, great people to work with.
Universal Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2018
My overall working experience working at LifeWay for almost 13 years. All of my co-workers were not just that, but they became my friends. We were a tem, we helped one another, prayed for one another and always were there to encourage and lift one another up.
Pros
Chapel Service every other week
Cons
Ministry based on a business model
Universal Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Ministry based on a business model is the idea, but the two become interchanged quite frequently causing hold-ups in productivity and quality of products offered.
It’s a poor quality job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 15, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to that place. I just need more money and more hours. I work good with other people but they are rude at lifeway. No room to improve in the company. I want more opportunities.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Low pay
Good place to be around good people
Church Connect Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 1, 2018
Most days are very limited to what can be done. Most work is done behind the Point of Sale system and there are very rarely enough staff to accomplish all of the work day requirements.
Pros
Decent discount on most of the products.
Cons
Lack of staff
Love it!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 25, 2018
I love working there. Great staff, awesome customers. No two shifts are the same. It's a wonderful combination of customer involvement and retail. I'd be happy there forever if I had more hours and better pay.
friendly and fun workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 20, 2018
Lifeway is not just a job, it is also a ministry, where we can serve the local community with gospel-centered and biblical products. We are hoping for more in Michigan. It is much needed.
Fun place to work, cafe on site, games on every floor for relaxation on breaks
B&H and LifeWay Trade Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2018
Wonderful co-workers, Christian environment, positive work culture, on site gym, cafe, credit union, and bookstore, excellent collaboration and training, great place to work!
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Lots of good people in this place
Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 10, 2018
While the company culture doesn't always align or isn't as consistent as it should be. There's a lot of great people that work here and are committed to doing a great job and ministering to the needs of others.
Most Enjoyable Part
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2018
Freedom to pray and share Christ with customers. Many come in lost and seeking answers and you as an employee get to assist them in a way that you would not in a secular environment workplace.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Change
great christian environement
Retail Sales & Service (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCDecember 31, 2017
This was a part-time transition job many years ago. I helped to open the store when it was new to our area. Was a great experience and still love shopping there. It's retail, so must be good working customer service.
a job I enjoy going to
CHURCH CONNECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 23, 2017
Enjoy the work, atmosphere & customers. Consider my co-workers friends. Environment goes from busy & exciting to having to be creative to keep occupied.
Pros
customers, co-workers, helping guests connect to desired resources
Cons
no benefits & low pay
Slow Paced/ No Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 4, 2017
Not a good place to work if you are looking to get benefits and or compensation. When sales are down hours for the employees hours are cut without notice. No advancement in the retail store you have to work for the corporate office in order to advance.
Great place to work!
Part-Time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 6, 2017
A typical day at work would be talking with and helping customers to find the resources they needed and providing them with an excellent customer service experience. I learned to improve my sales skills and product knowledge by in-store and on-line training. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people and helping them to find their resources. The hardest part of the job was that it was only a seasonal part-time job.
Pros
Part-Time seasonal employees received store discount.
Cons
The job was only a seasonal part-time job.
Great job for students
Key Holder/ Bilingual Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 28, 2017
This location is run with a team mentality. You genuinely feel a part of the process. It was a great first job while attending college. They were flexible with your available hours after you created your school schedule. You won't go one day of work without constant laughing and building genuine friendships. The ones I established have lasted longer than 10 years!!!
slow paced nonprofit church environment
Director Strategic Planning/Knowledge Mgt (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
after being in retail for over 30 yearsit was too slow for me. suince most of employees came out of a church environment it was a compliant culture which didn't fit my experience,
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
My work day
General Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I would say the hardest part of my job is to talk to customers with an open attitude and open heart, to see them where they are. That is a daily chore for everyone. That is also the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job.
Horrible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 7, 2017
Poorly managed, no room for advancement, sub-par training modules, not training at all. Thrown into case load. I would not recommend this to anyone to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeWay Christian Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight