Lifeworks Inc Employee Reviews

Team oriented and always changing environment
HOUSE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 7, 2018
Every day can be quite different, with or without a routine/schedule. You must be prepared for the unexpected and be able to make quick decisions as well as planned ones. It is very team oriented and you rely heavily on your coworkers within the residence to make sure everyone is taken care of, etc. Positive environment and workplace.
Not good manager
Eagan - Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJuly 29, 2017
I worked for my moms friend and it was really unhealthy but as far as the actually company goes they treated me very well. I worked extremely long hours because i lived with this individual and it was stressful at times but in all i still really loved taking care of someone who was in need.
Pros
money, flexibility
Cons
working for friends/family
Working with young adults and caring for medically fragile clients for 12+ years.
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 11, 2015
I was the supervisor for 10-15 PCAs who cared for 3 young adult medically fragile clients and 5 medically fragile foster care children.I handled scheduling shifts, management all paperwork for clients, staff and state regulations. Filled in when shift empty. Worked and was responsible for entire household (24/7) when parents were gone on vacations, meetings, etc.

The hardest part of the job was caring so much for the clients when they were so fragile and in pain. One client died on 3/2/12 and her adoptive brother diened on 8/2/12. It was like losing my own children after caring for them for 12 + years.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the young adult PCAs making the clients feel like a "normal" child/teenager/young adult. We came up with get togethers, movie times and just hanging out together. The absolute best part of my job was seeing and being with the clients daily.
Pros
Positive workers and great clients
Cons
working alot of extra hours and doing 7-14 day 24/7 (living in the house) shifts.
Working at Lifeworks
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Westwood MaMay 15, 2015
Typically a day to day bases at life works involves myself working on my case file for about two hours and then doing direct care (cooking, cleaning). At life works I learned some more on how how to prepare my case file. Managing my client has been fun and sometimes challenging but it has been great. The hardest part of the job is that some times you don't get a break and you can't catch a breath. Constantly on the go. The most enjoyable part to my job is seeing how much of a difference that I am making in my clients lives and the connections that we have started to build together.
Pros
Outings, getting to know the clients
Cons
working the over nights
productive workplace
Counselor for Residential Program (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MASeptember 3, 2014
management is organized, supportive co-workers, nice clean environment, good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long shifts
Crazy people and Crazy work
Remedial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 3, 2013
Nice building to work in. The receptionist was always friendly
Very clicky work place Like high school
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 18, 2013
A typical day working with the clients is awsome, however staff ..another story.Management POOR. The hardest part of the job was working with co-workers who are all friends and if you don't fit in that circle...you may not last. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients.
Pros
free lunches, dinners
Cons
not a proffessional team very gossippy.
II worked with a great group of clients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MassachusettesOctober 15, 2012
I worked with adults with developmental disabilities. A typical day at work would begin in the AM when staff assited clients with hygeine, breakfast and chores before the clients went to work or dayhab. In the Late afternoon the clients would return home and do any assigned chores they had, make their lunch for the next day, do banking and other daily routines. Staff would take turns preparing dinner for the clients. Staff wrote in daily logs regarding clients and completed all office and paper work. I learned how rewarding it is to work with the population i worked with at this job. Management could have been better.The co-workers had no training in diversity. The hardest part of the job was being the only minority. The most enjoyable part of the job was absalutly the clients i was privledged to serve.
Pros
free dinner if you worked on friday
Cons
not a proffessional nenviroment to work in