LifeWorks Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
nice working with families, pay isn't the best
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 5, 2018
I loved working with once family for many years. I never meant management. The parents of the children in need interviewed and hired me. Pay wasn't good for the amount of work that I did. Hours were based on need and how many hours they gave the families PCA hours.
Pros
work closely with families
Cons
never worked with management, pay wasn't the best, no PTO
Does not promote what they sell to customers within their own organization.
Operations Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2018
They do all of these surveys to find out what their employees think and how they feel, but they never take the time to find out why the scores are low or what to do about it. They have tons of resources to help their customers promote employee engagement, but they don't focus on it within.
Pros
6 weeks PDO after a couple of years
Cons
They don't listen to knew ideas and don't understand what employee engagem
management out of touch
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  MNMarch 20, 2018
new managers came in and made staff interview for their current jobs, or to get a new 'more advanced' job. those that got the advanced jobs didn't get raises.
no path for advancement
just care about call times
Na
Service Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 10, 2018
Lifeworks had a very laid back atmosphere. We worked with clients with disabilities and I feel everyone tried their best to give the clients the best service. One thing that needs to improve is making decisions that would be best for everyone and not just money wise.
i love my peer mentoring
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMarch 9, 2018
i have a passion for helping my community. i was a peer mentor taking my neighbors and friends on a course to improve their lives. this really brought of relationships closer.
Pca
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 20, 2018
This job is wonderful you do work on your own with your patient for several hours a day but that also makes it relaxing. The pay is good if you have experiance and if you dont they still start you out at 12.50.
Good, flexible employment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mahtomedi, MNJanuary 18, 2018
Great company overall! Hours are flexible, dependent on your client, and pay is pretty fair. Clients are usually fun and enjoy doing a variety of things.
Pros
flexible hours, relaxed
Cons
healthcare and PTO
Exceptionally Productive
Part-time personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 10, 2018
I help take care of my sister who has cerebral palsy and motor impairment. I take care of her when time is needed. The hardest part of the job is physically taking care of her depending on her mood. I help walk, feed, and interact with my sister as needed.
Pros
Interacting with my sister
Cons
Physically walking my sister
Rewarding
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 6, 2018
I worked as a PCA for two young people with autism and it was the most rewarding job I've ever had. Frustrating at times but very worth it. Experiences vary quite a bit depending on the family you choose to work with.
Great
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNDecember 31, 2017
Lifeworks is a great company that helps families provide care for their special needs children. I had a positive experience working here and enjoyed my employer. There was much flexibility and a great relational environment.
Pros
Control of time, family/relational environment
Cons
working alone with out other employees
Loved working
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 1, 2017
It was wonderful to be able to work at Lifeworks Services. I enjoyed a lot. I was able to work on my own time, at my own pace and on his own time. I had fun taking my stepbrother places and getting paid while driving.
Pros
On my own time
Cons
No cons.
Progressive food service organization with dedicated management team and motivated employees
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2017
My typical day begins at 5:30 and ends at 4. There is always something new to learn from the management team or the staff. There are as many ways to do a thing as there are chefs. The chefs I work with are happy to share what they know so we are always encouraging each other to do better, to do more. I have never come across managers that are so supportive and who care about our well being. They are quick to lend a hand in the kitchen when needed and are completely transparent about what's going on with the business. The staff are hard-working and dedicated. They are always willing to help each other, there's no animosity or back biting. The client is the hardest part of the job. As with most clients, they want everything, all the time, right away! We do our best to provide all of that and more. The most enjoyable part of my day is sitting with the management team at the end of the day discussing the wins and losses, planning a strategy for success the next day.
Interned with them for a short period
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
I only interned with them for a short period of time but I do know all about their mission. I fully support all the work that they do and know that they will continue to enrich the lives of young kids at risk.
Fun but challanging
Chief Program Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2017
Be ready to work hard and adapt quickly. The data culture is hard to get used to. If you like working with clients, then it is a good find. Small agency.
Pros
Cons
Data Demands
Rewarding Job
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNOctober 9, 2017
Spent great time with the clients I had. Laid back environment working mainly with the client and their family that you work for. Not a ton of extra paperwork or formalities to follow.
Productive and knowledgable
Youth and Adult Counseling, Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2017
I loved my internship here. The staff is amazing and I learned vast counseling skills. They are understanding and kind people. They serve many different populations and work diligently to provide the best service possible.
Pros
Staff, experience
Cons
no cons
Awesome job
CSA (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAOctober 5, 2017
This is a good job to work at if you like helping and assisting people with developmental disabilities. Getting to go on outings and help them learn things to help them succeed in life is amazing
Doing great things
Supportive Housing Program Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Work place culture is great. Tons of opportunity for training and learning. Things differ every day. Pretty laid back in regards to the culture, but things are fast paced. People are given the benefit of the doubt here a lot. Good place to work.
For Lifeworks
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MASeptember 24, 2017
A very good company with a great mission. However the work schedule is very tough. The position requires a overnight generally twice a week. Staff works schedules general require two weekend days. This is tough for families and an individuals social life etc
Pros
Nice staff and houses
Cons
The schedules are tough and include overnights
great place to work, everyone is truly committed to the mission
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2017
the organization supports a healthy work/life balance for its employees. They are also committed to compensating employees fairly and being in line with the market salaries of those also doing similar work. Management is supportive, and upholds an open door policy always. The culture is that of supporting innovation, collaboration and ongoing training and advancement for all staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LifeWorks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight