LIGHTHOUSE ACADEMY Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Student at Lighthouse Academy
student (Current Employee) –  Tionesta, PASeptember 1, 2018
The teachers are helpful and professional. I am enrolled an an Independent Education Plan through the academy and will earn my diploma in January, 2019. My teachers, mentors and counselors are in support of employment.
Pros
Flexible
Poorly run childcare facility
Teacher/Administrative Assistant/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 5, 2018
For the first four and a half years of my time at this facility, I loved my job. When they fired the director and the assistant director left, the administrative team consisted of one admin assistant. The people that "helped" run the daycare clearly didn't care about the employees or children and showed no intention of educating themselves on the culture of childcare. I began feeling neglected and unappreciated and therefore left within a month of the new, yet TERRIBLE, director was hired. That director only lasted two months, and the facility currently runs on one administrative person compared to three in the past. This facility is but a shadow of what it used to be and, in my opinion, will be shut down very soon and lose it's accreditation that the past staff fought so hard to earn. don't work here and don't enroll your children here.
Pros
children
Cons
everything but the children
relaxed
Lead Teacher (ages 6 weeks (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLNovember 3, 2017
Lighthouse was a great relaxing work environment. The school was small which made the climate fun and positive. The school is family owned and very respectful people
Great place to work and further your Career
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 31, 2017
Atmosphere is great
Good staff
Everyone pushes you to do better
The only problem is low pay, I take as a career starter, to move un up to work for a public school, this is charter school.
Pros
Great staff fun
Cons
Low pay
Working with students
Mentor Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 31, 2017
On a daily day I face many challenges. Trying to manage 26 students and support their daily needs, however I enjoy it. Spending time with them, and seeing them grow is my biggest happiness. I live coming to work everyday.
Pros
work schedule, students, and hours
Cons
Sometimes it gets overwhelming
Great environment and Great staff
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 27, 2017
Great place to work. The kids are well taken care of and looked after. All regulations are met and that does not prevent the children from being happy and care-free
Pros
Great pay, Consistant hours
One of the best companies I've ever had the opportunity to work for.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 17, 2017
From the moment you walk into this place its all fun! The management is amazing and the women i worked with were more family than co workers. The kids were outstanding and parents top notch.
Pros
Amazing work environment, best mangers ever, great co workers and fun kids.
focus on making money
VPK Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FlMay 21, 2016
always over ratio, fast pace, taught more than I learned. issues with lunches (children not given enough). Lack of supervision on playground.
loved this job
Preschool Teacher, Caring for kids (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 5, 2015
if you liked working in early childhood this might just be the place you want to work in. you get to learn so much about the kids and there families. just seen all the little kids faces puts a big smile on my face.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
nothing bad to say
Summary
Responsible Thinking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 21, 2015
Day at work is enjoyable, student relationships are developed with all staff. Company is dedicated to get the most out of all students both academically as well as providing them the tools needed to be successful in the community as well as in the future.
Fun and productive work place that has an amazing staff and management.
Day Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 20, 2015
I have worked at this company for the past three (3) years and i was very sad to go.. The women that work here ( staff and management ) are an amazing group of women that i will truly miss.
Pros
Fun work enviornment, great management.
Cons
No yearly compesation.
Productive and fun workplace.
Pre K2 Teacher (Current Employee) –  ALMarch 19, 2014
A typical day at work consist of meet and greet parents and students into class. Once parent sign in their child I gather the children around the table, they are allowed one table toy per child and the table toys consist of Lego blocks, puzzles, and matching patterns basically fine motor skills. Breakfast is usually served at 8:30am so we wash up for breakfast. After Breakfast we clean up and have circle time which includes reading, singing and dancing. When circle time is completed we participate in centers such as block building, home living, water play, painting and coloring. Recess is from 9:45am-10:45am and then lunch is served at 11:30am and every child is washed up and changed before lunch. 12:00pm when everyone is washed up we lay down for nap until 2:00pm. Everyone is awaken and sat at the table for snack and juice. From 3:00pm-3:30pm is free play of their choice or story time. My fellow co workers and very enthused teachers and ready to have fun learning with our students. There is not a dull moment.
Pros
Fun Festivities
Cons
Too many work hours to take care of personal business 6:30am-4:00pm no enough pay
Decent
Assist the teacher in lesson plans (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Typical warehouse work, but average day was very slow in production.
working with the children was an awesome experience.
Afterschool Instructor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 17, 2013
The school lost funding and had to close. i wish I could have had more time.
Daily activities on the job
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  FredericksburgJuly 23, 2012
A typical day at work included arriving at 11am and prepared class for students, lunch, activities with kids ,recess, parent pick-up
-I learned to work as a team with the head teacher, patience when things are not going as smooth as one wishes, and appreciation for people.
-Management was disapointing, I expected better under a christian organization.
- I think co-workerse were unsatisfied due to the low amount of income paid and in return a door revolving job.
-The amount of pay made it really challenging financially.
-The best part of the job was the kids. They were so loving!
poor managing skills
Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Moroni, UTMarch 28, 2012
poor managing skills. no structure. boys did not learn and excell at anything to use in the outside world
Pros
it was a job
Cons
poor managing. coworkers did not work together