Lighthouse Behavioral Health Solutions
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Working at Lighthouse Behavioral Health Solutions: 28 Reviews

United States28 reviews

Going downhill fast

Loved it when I first started. Unfortunately the company decided to make a change for the worst and micromanage everyone on everything. Put policies in place that make no sense. Skip giving bonuses to people that work above and beyond and then just shrug their shoulders like it’s not a big deal. At this point half my team are leaving and I feel like my time here may be ending soon as well.

Rewarding work and great work culture

I've been at Lighthouse for a while and have been here through the company growth, need for adjustments in how we communicate, and times when we have been short staffed (as seen in other reviews). What I will say, is there have been growing pains but there has also been a great effort to correct these things and we are seeing those improvements. I feel incredibly supported by my work team and supervisors. If I go to them feeling burnt out, they will lower my case load. If I say I can't take any more clients, they will respect that. I feel valued and supported most of the time. As a counselor, you will be expected to run group and carry an individual client caseload. To get the quarterly bonus, you need at least 65% productivity (roughly 24 hours/week of direct client hours, which is manageable). The salary here is almost almost 2x what I have been offered by other places and you can make around $10,000 more if you meet bonuses. The insurance isn't great. You accrue 4.5 hours of PTO every 2 weeks. There are 2 mandatory meetings/week for counselors (1 is an hour long, one is 30 minutes)- aside from that, your schedule is made by you. Compared to other agencies I have worked for, this is incredibly manageable. However, agency work like this isn't for everyone. SUD population isn't for everyone. As a counselor, you have control over what and how you teach your group and how you set your own schedule. I personally LOVE group work, and have been allowed to design my schedule to fit around what I enjoy- more group and a lighter caseload.

Pros

control of schedule, support from peer/supervisors, rewarding, the pay is excellent

Cons

must request PTO in advance if you run a group because there must be someone available to cover you, rapid growth can cause growing pains

Lighthouse Behavioral Health Solutions insights

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good team environment

Overall, coworkers are client driven and client focused. Good supervision is provided by supervisors. Communication has went downhill since rapid expansion. Company is becoming more corporate-like the more sites that are added, which is a major concern.

Good pay, poor management, organizational structure, and communication

It's not what you know, it's who you know if you want to advance. Management positions seem filled based on people-pleasing personalities not knowledge or ability to manage. No training or support.

Don't do it

If you want to make good money this is the place but if u don't like being micromanaged nitpicked and constantly harped on with a basis towards money not recovery then come to lighthouse it's perfect

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Everything else

Terrible leaders

The absolute worst leadership team I’ve ever worked for. They are bullies. Don’t expect to feel appreciated or respected. Leaders in this company only care about money and have very little morals.

Pros

Very few

Cons

Don’t have enough room to tell you .

Has gone downhill....fast

Lighthouse used to be a great company to work for. They cared about their employees and clients. They have got too big, too fast. They are all about making the upper management money and giving them raises. But not those of us who are actually working one on one with the clients, helping them to grow in their recovery. They keep hiring upper management and promoting the executives, but not the staff doing the hardest jobs. There are no raises, their medical is horrible and their bonus structure is ridiculous. You have to kill yourself to hit a bonus at all. Then after you work hard to get it, they ridicule you for worrying about getting it and also rate it on a performance level. It used to not be that way. Now your supervisor has a say in how much of your bonus you get even after you earned it. The company has made so much money but the employees that matter most to the clients don't get any of it. Go somewhere else! Don't waste your time applying. They try to make their company look good, but its not.

Management and HR

The management and the HR department are both trash. My coworkers and the clients are amazing. The work I did was rewarding. I loved my job however, management had no clue what they were doing and HR came from hotel hospitality/HR and had no clue about the field. It was and overall horrendous experience.

Stressful and bad management

The patients are great. Management and how they have chosen to run the facility is terrible. No job security, never enough staff. terrible employee turn over rate due to high demands but no workers and how u are treated by HR and the CNO. Stressful place to work due to management.

Client ran program

Lighthouse used to be ran very well, was organized, and provided great treatment. However, they grew too big too fast and it has turned into a client ran program with little to no accountability. There is room for growth and development. They pay probably more than any other company in this field but you sign away your right for work-life balance.

Pros

Laid back, casual dress, giving back, pay

Cons

no work-life balance, unorganized, and lack of management

Poor

The administration seeks to build wealth on the back of the employees by creating a dog eat dog climate.Management has no clear path of leadership.HR delves far deeper into employees live then what is permitted by law. Professionals working here exhibit overwhelmingly unprofessional behaviors.Employees lie.Managers discuss employee issues openly in front of clients and staff which is not lawful. A mob mentality exists among management.

Lighthouse Behavioral Health is the best company Ive worked for in my career. The people make it amazing. I always feel appreciated. The pay could always be better - welcome to social work - but its apparent management cares about their employees and clients and does whatever possible to make us feel included and appreciated.

Pros

Great staff/coworkers

Cons

Lack of communication between branches. Compensation

Meh

Lighthouse is okay but they are so understaffed and you kinda feel guilty if you don't immediately offer to help. They keep people stuck in certain roles who should be in clinical, and they have clinicians who should be in other roles. It's salary, but most people don't work 40 hours & unless you're on their "radar", they seem to ignore it. It's also a newer company and because of that, the disorganization is an understatement.

Great Place to Work

Every company has its challenges. Working for Lighthouse is no different. You have to take the good with the bad. Know your worth. Make sure they don’t underbid you on the salary. They will likely try

Rewarding, exciting, humbling, supportive, challenging, family, motivating, professional, teamwork

Staff is supportive and approachable. We are told all the time if there is anything upper management can help with, all we need to do is reach out. Everyone does a really good job of making you feel welcomed. It really is a positive and rewarding atmosphere to work in.

Pros

Being able to be part of a team that is constantly helping others, to change their lives for the better

Cons

Not having assistance with child care

Not the company they used to be

They pay salary so expect to be worked to the bone with no compensation for all the extra hours you pull. Every single position is short staffed, yet the client load continues to grow daily. The administration encourages you to come to them if you are struggling, promoting a "family like" atmosphere, but if you do, you will be treated differently by HR and other members of admin, until eventually they find a reason to let you go, or you get tired of the way you're being treated, and leave on your own. The only good thing left about this company are the clients, and the actual staff that you work with daily are great too.

Poor communication from administrstive level staff

I really had some amazing encounters with clients and some not so amazing. It was Administrative staff that failed to communicate, to hold supportive staff as important, to engage in staff development on a consistent basis. Follow through was not done. I was to that we would have more engagement from our administrative staff to help develop our team more. That never happened and I felt like when I would go to upper management like I was just annoying to them. I was trying to grow. I did not get the chance to grow there and they cut me down. The HR representative said things about me that were not even true...she was judgmental and unfair along with other administrative staff. Don't work here if you have had experience with mental health or drug use because you are looked at differently.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Over worked, treated poorly

Toxic Work Environment

The work culture is very toxic. Management often think employees are weak and whiney if they express an emotional or mental health need. They pay just enough that it feels like you're making good money until you discover the discrepancies in salary for the same positions. They do not offer raises or cost of living increases. The organization is rapidly growing and client care has had a drastic decrease due to staff feeling overwhelmed and burned out. The owners pretend to care but often view clients as dollars. There are lots of ethical violations that leave you in a position of needing to report but fearing retaliation from the agency. I would recommend that anyone take their skills elsewhere for the sake of their own mental health.

Pros

The clients

Cons

The owners and management.

Leadership seems to care about services provided and about their employees

A very fast growing company, typical day as Counselor includes providing group and individual counseling. Working with the clients is rewarding. Management is very supportive. Providing groups 3-5 days a week for this population can be challenging for some Counselors.

Pros

Fitbit watches, nice laptop

Cons

Counselors are all on different schedules

Treats their people well

This company treats their employees well. Management is supportive and make the stresses that come with this field more manageable. The pay is good and the administrators listen to staff needs and make changes. The company is growing quickly which can be difficult to keep up with. Overall treat clients well, strong clinical program, treats staff well.

Pros

Bonus pay

Cons

Stressful field

Horrible company to work for!!!!!!

Light house is a circus show company isn’t for employees they’re all about the money!!! Don’t waste your time applying even management are all for selfs! They don’t allow overtime your paid one flat rate so not ok!!

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lighthouse Behavioral Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits