Lighthouse Louisiana Employee Reviews

Great company for the right person
Entry Level (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 31, 2018
Although I met some wonderful people at the organization, I believe that they can improve the standard of compensation, working conditions, and morale.
Pros
Wifi, occasional free food, expense reimbursement, bonuses, Pto, some higher level staff are attentive and willing to improve
Cons
President is selective and plays favorites, some roles are dead end, staff talks openly about negative feelings towards company due to low compensation, staff has fear of management and job security, negative sentiment from staff lowers overall morale
With the client in mind...
Administrative Assistant, VRS (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 4, 2019
Not for profit organization focused on clients who are vision impaired or blind. Caring staff, terrific work hours, good work - life balance, pay for travel.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Low pay
Offensive
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 31, 2017
work conditions and facility are poorly managed, and management is even worse. Lighthouse keeps employees blind, literally and figuratively. Management reflects the experience and maturity level of a 9th grader. Company has incredible potential, but is being driven in the ground by poor, inept management who cares only about her relationship with the board and her fat six figure paycheck while firing employees for petty and unreasonable reasons inevitably making the whole company suffer and bearing the burden of a skeleton crew.
Cons
too many to list
the best
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2017
Overall the best placed for any one who has a disability to work in feel normal. Giving back to their community and family makes them feel whole again...We are family there.
Pros
work is good
Cons
sometimes slow days
productive
Material handler/shipping coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 12, 2016
I loaded and unloaded trucks, shipped out ups, fed-ex, i set up pick-ups and deliveries. i kept the production lines loaded with material and kept the production lines clean . i put up stock and kept inventory. the most enjoyable part of the job was watching seeing impaired people work the production lines and the way they moved around effortless.
runs cup machines drives fork and clamp trucks
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2016
I normally run two or three machines a day. I also drive fork lifts and clamp truck to get supplies for my machines. good people good work environment, just not any opportunities to advance in the company.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
not enough w