lighthouse

lighthouse Employee Reviews

United States83 reviews
A good start up job when you come out of college in the Early Educational filed. Not a place to stay long term. Management does not know what they are doing.
Expected to put family and personal life second expected the job to be first priority house managers only cared about who you know this is how it felt on third can't speak for other shift
Pros
pay is good
Cons
no time for family
Sad to see they tore down the lighthouse. It was an awesome place for the locals and will be greatly missed. I met so many great people and friends while working there.
The owner cares about her employee's and is very flexible with their schedules for school, etc.

She recognizes hard work and rewards in different ways for the hard work.
working with kids is fun and exciting being able to see them smile after a day full of fun is the most rewarding thing a person can ever feel. Someday was hard to keep track of students but over all it was very much rewarding
Pros
Trips for kids
Cons
there really wasn't much breaks
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I've been with the company for sometime and they dont really look out for loyal employees. There is not a lot of reasons to stay with the company. Only reason I stayed so long is for the clients. No pay increases for loyalty.
I would never refer anyone one to lighthouse, worst place I have ever worked at. Bad supervisor, and lots of favoritism. Not a good place to work. Bad treatment.
I would cook for 60 to 80 people a day for breakfast lunch and dinner. I would have to make the decision of what to make including deserts. I absolutely loved my job
Working for this company was a great experience in the beginning as time went on it was becoming unreliable do to financial trouble within the company
I’d rather not go back to that job.

I would just rather not talk about it. When your good your not good enough and when you start to slip there’s the door.
Let me go for no reason and very fake owners. I have been a bartender for 20 years and had regular costumers every night I work it wasn’t appreciated and also paid bartender 2.13 hour. GM made 15.00 a hour. Just sad! Take care of your good and you’ll make good is what I say.
It's not enough help for each classroom more children than it is workers .& When you need to take a potty break there is no1 there to relieve you when it's time to get off you have to stay extra 10 are 15 minutes because there no1 to take your spot you got hire these hours but they trying to make you work another hours just not right.
Pros
Are the teachers and kids
Cons
Are the poor lack of service they give
Very good , very honest people and a pleasure to work with.if there were more people that work like this it would be divine and a pleasurable experience
The office in my city is closing. my job is being relocated elsewhere. I'm not sure what to say about them. There are other locations that will remain open. But my city's location is closing.
I was an ok place to work. There was a lot of people that took to many cigarette breaks and they would complain about the hours. I enjoyed that I was alone in my own office to work.
Cons
short breaks
I was treated unfairly by the senior staff. I was told that I had violated a policy when I was terminated. I was not liked by the senior staff I did not like working for this company by the way I was treated by the other staff.
Great staff. Went on alot of trips, was never a dull day. Alot of activities to keep yourself preoccupied. Just a fun time. Kids arent disrespectful. Everything is also very organized.
The main goal was to take care of clients and make sure they were comfortable. You need to be organized and be able to act quickly. You need to be one step ahead of the clients.
Pros
Free lunches, dinners
Front desk very nice, pleasant, Director and all who worked front desk and oversaw daycare. Loved the children. Clean and teachers really cared for the children. I would highly recommend to parents.
Pros
Lots of nice people.
Cons
Only for me. Distance
I enjoy working for the Lighthouse but it's not job security. If you clients is out you don't get paid. There are no benefits until you work 1000 hours.
Pros
Get if you need o
This is a BRS facility so the clients are children with developmental disabilities that are supposed to be getting help to learn how to function at a less restrictive placement. I felt as though we were only housing the kids and not doing well enough at preparing them for a real life. There is a small number of clients that could be called success stories and the rest of the kids tend to increase their negative behaviors instead of decreasing and replacing their negative behaviors. The pay is also low.

AN IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION: BRS facilities are contracted through the state and get all of their funding from the state. These facilities could be run much more effectively if they were better funded. Clients would make much better progress if they had better training and were better educated on how to deal with some of the clients' behaviors.
Pros
Free meals when eating with clients; depending on the shift, you are not likely to have a boss looking over your shoulder
Cons
You must break the law to take a break because being out of ratio with clients, Management will move you to houses with clients you are unfamiliar with, You are assaulted by youth on an almost daily basis
Ask a question about working or interviewing at lighthouse. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at lighthouse.