lighthouse Employee Reviews

Light House Review
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMarch 8, 2018
My experience at the Light House at first was great. I thought that I was going to get to work this amazing job with amazing people and patients too. After a week or so of working there, I noticed that some things that I saw weren't right. There were other care givers treating the patients really bad. With disrespect, unfairness, and completely uncomfortable routines such as leaving patients on bed pans for hours, or not giving them a shower. I was disgusted. I just couldn't work there anymore. I felt so uncomfortable and uneasy. I talked to management and of course they said that they would make the changes that needed to be made and talk to the care givers who were treating the patients really bad. In my opinion, nothing ever changed. The same care givers were allowed to keep their jobs and the management just kept going on about their days and just kept acting like they had the best facility in the world. I honestly feel so bad for those patients. My heart hurts for those patients and their families.
Pros
Great patients, amazing food, hair/nail salon, gym, and pool for patients.
Cons
Care givers don't know how to treat patients, managment just over looks all problems.
Awful
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIFebruary 27, 2018
Stay away from this place. There are many, many reasons they can’t keep staff
Management is awful. Human Resources is a joke. The whole place should be shut down
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Lighthouse
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WINovember 29, 2017
There was a lot of drama between caregivers at the Light House, I saw caregivers treat the elderly people with a lot of disrespect and nothing was done about it.
Pros
great people to take care of, decent pay
Cons
disrespectful caregivers
Enjoyable part of the job
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Selma, AL 36703November 2, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is help and listening to my resident tell stories. I enjoy doing many different activities with them and loving seeing a smile on there face as a walk through the door.
Benefits
Cons
Can't leave on break
great hours.....not so good at management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIOctober 23, 2017
the lighthouse was a great place to work hours was good, however they have very poor management there. after being in an accident and missing only 4 days of work my supervisor had the payroll lady call to fired me. even with and excuse from the hospital and keeping in contact with her. they fried me without warning.....that place would be great to work if they get rid of their poor management team
The best thing is your coworkers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2017
Cold calling is the primary responsibility of this job. Can be stressful when effort doesn't match up with your paycheck. Managers are very open to feedback. The environment at work is extremely relaxed and they do a lot to make the job fun. My coworkers ended up being some of the best people I've ever met. In the end cold calling all day long and the inconsistency of pay had me packing up my things for something more steady.
I loved my coworkers
Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2017
This job is for anyone going through a tough time and need somewhere to start I mean you can advance the turn over rate is extremely high so if you can stick it out it may be beneficial
unhappy
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJOctober 5, 2017
when i was hired the person who hired me outlined my job duties. She quit the day she hired me a new person came in and apparently had other ideas for my duties but never formally told me. I found out I was to do things differently as I did things he wasnt happy with. Very stressful enviroment
Pros
toilets work
Cons
too many
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MESeptember 26, 2017
Loved my co-worker, patients, working with vendors and other communication with associates the office works with and I learned a few things along the way.
Expensive restaurant with fun people
HOSTESS / PARKERS (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90802September 14, 2017
This place had a great working environment. The managers were somewhat strict, but they really care about their employees. Love it there. Would highly recommend to experienced servers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Its fun to work there
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 14, 2017
Good place to work. Enjoy working with the kids, play game read books , go out for play time I enjoy my job , all ways on time hard working person. And friendly
Pros
Bring lunch
Cons
Get breaks
Not a fair place..always changing rules
MedTech (Current Employee) –  Caro, MIJuly 24, 2017
For the most part i love it...and love working with the residents..its management i dont care for..they have the attitude that "dont like it, theres the door" instead of trying to work with staff...is good if your going to school though. Will work around your schedule.
Pros
Good overtime if wanted
Cons
No personal or sick time or raises..
management style avoids conflict
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 22, 2017
Good group of people. All in all a good company. The management style of the company, however, is one that avoids conflict, which can create a lack of trust on the side of the employee.
productive and fun workplace for children
Youth Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19133June 14, 2017
A typical day at work would be the kids coming in, eating, playing and talking until they get ready to go to their classrooms. While in class they do HW, projects, ect to keep them occupied until lunch time. The best part of the job was seeing the kids come in and telling everyone I was their favorite teacher.
Poor management
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 4, 2017
Poor management, poor people skills very poor training the person that trained me left after two months and dropped me and left me to figure it out in my own.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Great workplace
Student Enrichment (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68510April 14, 2017
Co-workers are always on the same page. The work environment is really cohesive and fun. The hardest part of this job is figuring out the best way to communicate with children.
helping mentally handicapped people with daily activities
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Limestone, TNDecember 29, 2016
I would help these people to get ready for their day in the community.this would include all day to day activities such as bathing cooking meals. giving their medication as needed.
Pros
working with people who where wanting to inprove their way of life
Cons
staff that didn't want to see clients move forward
Great place to work just too much drama
Packing (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIOctober 13, 2016
Great place to work full of new experiences very organized Place friendly environment you have to really work your best as if you don't mind will fall behind and that's product that don't get out
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Caro, MISeptember 7, 2016
Great place to work. Love working with the residents and getting to learn about the different disabilities first hand and how to deal with the autistic residents in the many different ways that are needed.
lighthouse is not a place for men to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 13, 2016
lighthouse is not a place for men to work, Lighthouse will determinate against male employees. not only that they do not work safe or stay in ratio. the playground is a big joke nothing for the children to do.
Pros
Cons
one hour lunch, no benifits, discrminates aginst males.