lighthouse Employee Reviews

Very nice Director and Assistant.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Willis, TXMay 17, 2019
Front desk very nice, pleasant, Director and all who worked front desk and oversaw daycare. Loved the children. Clean and teachers really cared for the children. I would highly recommend to parents.
Pros
Lots of nice people.
Cons
Only for me. Distance
High Stress Job with poor compensation
Child Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 14, 2019
This is a BRS facility so the clients are children with developmental disabilities that are supposed to be getting help to learn how to function at a less restrictive placement. I felt as though we were only housing the kids and not doing well enough at preparing them for a real life. There is a small number of clients that could be called success stories and the rest of the kids tend to increase their negative behaviors instead of decreasing and replacing their negative behaviors. The pay is also low.

AN IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION: BRS facilities are contracted through the state and get all of their funding from the state. These facilities could be run much more effectively if they were better funded. Clients would make much better progress if they had better training and were better educated on how to deal with some of the clients' behaviors.
Pros
Free meals when eating with clients; depending on the shift, you are not likely to have a boss looking over your shoulder
Cons
You must break the law to take a break because being out of ratio with clients, Management will move you to houses with clients you are unfamiliar with, You are assaulted by youth on an almost daily basis
Not much to say
Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 1, 2019
If you think working in eDiscovery is neat, than Lighthouse is probably the place for you. If not, then you probably want to go a different way. Its a bizarre industry to get into.
Pros
Remote workforce options
Cons
Raises are minimal, Insurance costs a lot when getting your family on the plan
hard work and a lot of hours
Lighthouse Rehabilitation Center Aide (Current Employee) –  Kingsley, MIFebruary 23, 2019
Lot of hours. No breaks. Unhappy co workers. High turnover. Hard residents. Top down management. Quick turnarounds with lack of sleep. long stretches without a day off.
Very sweet people
Fed homeless (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 13, 2019
I loved to volunteer here because i love helping people. i felt bad for a lot of customers that didn't have much of anything, so i loved to be there everyday to give them what i could.
Very good
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed the people I worked with it was a definitely a good place to work I would absolutely recommend it and I learned a lot while I was there I would totally work there again
great jobs
Line attendant (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDJanuary 24, 2019
It's an awesome place to work with great people if you can handle it my work at the night shift was very entertaining and I had fun when things are running smoothly the job is very fast pace and time goes by pretty fast we do have our issues from time to time but it's nothing that the operators and stuff can't handle
productive and fun place to work
Life Skills Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJ 08330January 1, 2019
meeting new clients running groups teaching all ages of people how to stay abastince from all drugs and alcohol reuniting family's back together. running na and aa groups
I would never work there again
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WINovember 23, 2018
Employees treated the patients like complete trash, they were so rude and disrespectful. When brought to management attention, they didn't take care of any of the problems.
Very interactive and helping adolescents change their life for the better
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mayslanding NJOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed counseling my patients helping them learn about addiction and how to overcome it and change their lives bringing them back together with their family and friends going back to school work etc
Volunter
Outreach Support Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 20, 2018
Lighthouse is a clubhouse that helps people with mental health issues gain employment in thew community. Staff and members work together to run the clubhouse that is run like an office. Members volunteer their time to do things like cleaning data entry job search, housing search and even cooking lunch in Hospitality.
Pros
It is a great place to learn new skills
Cons
none that I have found
Loved to drive
Speech Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Being part of the speech therapist in east Texas, it was beautiful to drive around these little towns and see what makes them survive. I get to talk with the clients and have excellent one on one with them which breaks down that wall which is usually there.
Pros
See great people
Cons
The mileage put on the cars is terrible.
Not the place to work if you have hopes of advancement
Head of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76116September 10, 2018
Advancement in this organization is rare and hard won....to the point that the ONLY person I knew of that had promoted up did so at the same, lower rate of pay as her last position for over a year. The CEO & CFO are committed to a backwards way of doing business that served them in the past but is pulling them down now. There is no interest in doing anything in a more efficient, effective and money concious manner. Hundreds of thousands of dollars are wasted every couple of years or so on failed projects for which no market research was done and there are no fail checks in place to prevent this from happening. The remainder of the staff were great to work with but when the 2 top dogs are failing so miserably at driving the company to better successes and to be effective in a competitive market there really is no job security for anyone.
lots of stress
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIAugust 21, 2018
all want to say on this is management needs an overhaul instead of working with you they hardly help when needed, and blamed you when things went bad or didn't get done.
Pros
Cons
lack of help
Fast paced job but very rewarding
Car Detailer (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 8, 2018
Nice is nice cause you get to meet all kinds of people. And you get to make money every day. The hardest part is the weather. This was a vey hot summer. But I like my job
Neighborhood gathering spot
Marketing Management (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJuly 29, 2018
Fun place with varied activities in the community such as comedy shows, karaoke, dance contests, DJ, dancing, food, drinks, pool tournament and league. Local, regular customers having fun.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not a job you can retire at - temporary job
Awesome company..
LOW-VOLTAGE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great company to work for. Learned a bunch of low-voltage work from these guys! Id definitely want to work here again if I didn't live so far away! 5 stars !
wonderful place to work
Shipping and Receing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crystal Springs, MSJune 29, 2018
The lighthouse was my first job and it was an amazing experience. I had the opportunity to meet so many new people. I learned something new everyday, and I made friends that will last a life time. I am so thankful for this experience.
good place to work
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Silvis, ILJune 8, 2018
a nice place to work at as a caregiver, well trained to perform job, opportunity to continue school and to become a nurse, workload not too heavy, easy and good management
Pros
free meals
Cons
no full time to start
Productive and family orientated
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2018
Your day starts by gathering patient information for you review and working as a team to insure all patients in the building receive patient care daily in a timely manner.