Lily Transportation Corp Employee Reviews

Sucks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAOctober 31, 2018
I work for lily almost 4 years the location at Vernon ca sucks poor management they are getting team to do Vernon ca to Phoenix is about 700 mil the trip at .48 cents split $168 a day that is a joke Plus the tax and if u get health is $125 a week that will be taking of your check a month u are paying $500 for health insurance plus if something happens the co-pay is $3000 and payroll sucks sometimes they don’t pay all the miles and hours u have to be fighting with them the equipment is good they lease the trucks so the trucks are Ryder they have nice trucks
At one point it was a good place to work not anymore
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Stormville, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Poor management
you are just a number for this company
they cant keep their drivers
equipment was ok not the best.
if you can stay away from this company is not what it used to be.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare
If I could I wouldn't give this company a star
Local CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
When I was hired at this company I was promised a raise after 6 months if i didnt have any accidents or called off and there were no complaints about my work ethics. Well I did all that and still I didnt see that raise so later on we had a meeting in which all the company drivers were present and office people were present and we were told that we were all going to be evaluated to see if we qualified for a raise, well the General Manager that said that was terminated so when the vice president of the company had a meeting with all the drivers he straight out told us nobody was getting a raise.This company is full of lies and favoritism if you are ever ask to do an extra load or something else for the dispatchers if you say no you will be on their bad list in and they'll instantly treat you in a bad manner these dispatchers have no experience and no knowledge they are not one bit suffisticated they are constantly talking bad about the drivers and using foul language. I wouldn't recommend nobody to work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Job is a fun challenge.
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 19, 2018
I'm an OTR Driver. The first co-driver I had couldn't drive more than 500 miles per day and was stoping a lot wasn't making much per week, but after I got my second co-driver we both did 740 - 760 miles/shift and our paychecks were $2500.00/week each. That's doing 2 loads a week that's awesome. My biggest paycheck for one week was $3000.00 and that included Holiday pay. Me and my co-driver have great dispatchers. We always have a load ready for us before we get unloaded. I have never worked for a company like this one before.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Home Weekly. You get what you put into it.
Cons
If you get a bad lazy co-driver, but you can always request for another co-driver.
Great Company
Senior Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Grest Values and follows them closely. Taught me a lot of management skills. The GM become my mentor and pushed me to be my very best. The team I work with is outstanding
Every man for himself!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 14, 2018
Stay away, pay is horrible, management gives no support to drivers other than their favorites. No way of tracking your pay, everthing is need to know when they deem it so. They make you sign for handbook and shout at you in front of other staff when rule is broken, even though you don't get the rule book. I finally got one after a year and it contained no rules or procedures. HR and management are harassing and get mad when asked anything. A very hostile place to work.
Pros
Cons
Everything, unfair, and unjust! Lie through their teeth!
ok job position
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 10, 2018
Worked at least 14 hours daily, poor communication skills, loads are always late, if you go above and beyond for the company do not expect to get it in return.
Cons
This company has it all except higher pay
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAApril 28, 2018
Working for this company was a great experience. The Manager and Supervisors treat you like family. I was given the opportunity be the GM to learn how to dispatch as well as drive locally for them. The safety meetings were really good and the food was awesome too! I wish they would pay a little more.
Pros
Great management, Good culture, Recognition
Cons
OTR drivers are lazy, Pay is a little low
Worst job i have ever had in my 20 years of driving
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
Poor management , poor communication , i am a former ruan employee and was basically moved to lily when ruan lost the contract with whole foods. EVERYTHING we were promised to stay was taken back as if it was never said !!! No pay raise , vacation time is straight time at 8 hours when i work 12-14 hour shifts a day 5 days a week, how they think that 8 straight hours is even comparable is shocking ..... There is literally 1 person that does payroll for the whole company and she is never there. I could go on and on but it wont matter ....
Pros
they try make it good but they cant
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAApril 26, 2018
I actually liked working there if not for the fact that mangement is so paranoid of loosing there position . The drivers are great people hard working and willing to help out but management always wants more from you , so they can look good and do less.People get fired there at a drop of a hat.with no consideration to the employee or his family.
Pros
shift hours are good, pay is a little above average
Cons
supervisors cut throat, know to run place don't know how treat people
lousy management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHMarch 18, 2018
pay isnt bad,but you need to keep track of what they pay you for,constantly making mistakes in their favor...management doesnt have a clue about the industry,they claim they were drivers,but experience is what makes a driver and desk jockeys arent considered drivers.....they lay you off with out warning,basicly you are just a number to them.....they would rather have road service come than fix equipment before it becomes illegal...safety bonus program is a joke,they will screw you out of that anyway they can...laid me off one week before x-mas without warning and screwed me out of my two year safety bonus with two weeks left in the year.lay off was no fault of my own.....management goes to work for a support group,they go there just to talk about their problems at home...sad situation,
Pros
garanteed to get bent over...
Cons
pay mistakes/and lied too
Tough Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 2, 2018
Very demanding ownership with "in your face" mentality. Expectations for employees exceeded most things possible.
Pay increases none existent with no bonus or incentive opportunities.
Pros
Nice baseball caps
Cons
Low compensation
All right place to work
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 27, 2018
Working nights , independently working, no one to bother you at night, deliver freight by the morning, fairly new trucks, no snow days off, freight gets delivered
safety first
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 26, 2018
Good co workers, good equipment, good window on load times.
Even though they are trying to build teams they have accommodated routes for solo drivers.
Great Company to Work For
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Lily is a great company that cares about their employees and treats everyone fair and equal. Lily has core beliefs which they live by and it shows throughout the whole company.

Pros
Great Leadership
needs to improve communication with workers
Class A Driver Tel (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 22, 2018
I would be called out of nowhere at the last minute to work in my rest days. They changed the schedule from one moment to the other without any sort of warning.
fast paced work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 20, 2018
Delivering auto parts can be very demanding on your body the risk of injury is at a all time high giving the nature of the business also you are out delivering these auto parts by yourself which again can and will take it's toll on you
Pros
year round work
Cons
pay well it should be but it's not so there you have it
OK place to get started
Tractor-trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Cheshire ConnecticutJanuary 16, 2018
OK place to get started. Your start times are never the same it varies day to day expected to work One weekend day mandatory. Walking into dispatch was like walking into the motor vehicle department dispatchers have bad attitudes towards drivers Expected to drive in snowstorms blizzard's trucks covered in snow don't get paid until you hit the road must clean your trucks of all snow first dig in front of tires so you get out
Pros
Experience driving trucks OK equipment
Cons
Start times not always the same
fustraded
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Stormville, NYJanuary 10, 2018
terrible place to work! Doesn't pay you correctly! Gives you terrible runs, in which loss money, if manager doesn't like you, he will even give you done time between delivers,which you aren't paid.
Good job
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 7, 2017
Good pay. Do your job and management leave you alone. Get two weeks vacation however couldn’t get two weeks in a row. Great equipment. Worked every weekend. Good money not much family time.
Pros
Cons
Bad work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lily Transportation Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about