Lily Transportation Corp Employee Reviews

If I could I wouldn't give this company a star
Local CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
When I was hired at this company I was promised a raise after 6 months if i didnt have any accidents or called off and there were no complaints about my work ethics. Well I did all that and still I didnt see that raise so later on we had a meeting in which all the company drivers were present and office people were present and we were told that we were all going to be evaluated to see if we qualified for a raise, well the General Manager that said that was terminated so when the vice president of the company had a meeting with all the drivers he straight out told us nobody was getting a raise.This company is full of lies and favoritism if you are ever ask to do an extra load or something else for the dispatchers if you say no you will be on their bad list in and they'll instantly treat you in a bad manner these dispatchers have no experience and no knowledge they are not one bit suffisticated they are constantly talking bad about the drivers and using foul language. I wouldn't recommend nobody to work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Job is a fun challenge.
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 19, 2018
I'm an OTR Driver. The first co-driver I had couldn't drive more than 500 miles per day and was stoping a lot wasn't making much per week, but after I got my second co-driver we both did 740 - 760 miles/shift and our paychecks were $2500.00/week each. That's doing 2 loads a week that's awesome. My biggest paycheck for one week was $3000.00 and that included Holiday pay. Me and my co-driver have great dispatchers. We always have a load ready for us before we get unloaded. I have never worked for a company like this one before.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Home Weekly. You get what you put into it.
Cons
If you get a bad lazy co-driver, but you can always request for another co-driver.
Worst job i have ever had in my 20 years of driving
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
Poor management , poor communication , i am a former ruan employee and was basically moved to lily when ruan lost the contract with whole foods. EVERYTHING we were promised to stay was taken back as if it was never said !!! No pay raise , vacation time is straight time at 8 hours when i work 12-14 hour shifts a day 5 days a week, how they think that 8 straight hours is even comparable is shocking ..... There is literally 1 person that does payroll for the whole company and she is never there. I could go on and on but it wont matter ....
Sucks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAOctober 31, 2018
I work for lily almost 4 years the location at Vernon ca sucks poor management they are getting team to do Vernon ca to Phoenix is about 700 mil the trip at .48 cents split $168 a day that is a joke Plus the tax and if u get health is $125 a week that will be taking of your check a month u are paying $500 for health insurance plus if something happens the co-pay is $3000 and payroll sucks sometimes they don’t pay all the miles and hours u have to be fighting with them the equipment is good they lease the trucks so the trucks are Ryder they have nice trucks
Tough Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 2, 2018
Very demanding ownership with "in your face" mentality. Expectations for employees exceeded most things possible.
Pay increases none existent with no bonus or incentive opportunities.
Pros
Nice baseball caps
Cons
Low compensation
At one point it was a good place to work not anymore
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Stormville, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Poor management
you are just a number for this company
they cant keep their drivers
equipment was ok not the best.
if you can stay away from this company is not what it used to be.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare
they try make it good but they cant
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAApril 26, 2018
I actually liked working there if not for the fact that mangement is so paranoid of loosing there position . The drivers are great people hard working and willing to help out but management always wants more from you , so they can look good and do less.People get fired there at a drop of a hat.with no consideration to the employee or his family.
Pros
shift hours are good, pay is a little above average
Cons
supervisors cut throat, know to run place don't know how treat people
Relaxed
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTSeptember 27, 2018
It was and ok place to work. Dispatchers have attitude problems and management was lacksadaisy. Decent runs but way to many hours involved for the the end result.
Pros
stable, more than enough extra work
Cons
Bad management
No such thing as drop and hook
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Freetown, MAJuly 28, 2016
They rope you in with a drop and hook and quickly the job changes. Loads are seldom ready. You drop and wait for loads. They don't pay you for the first hour, so if you go to 3 places, you can wait 3 hours and not get paid for it because you don't get paid by the hour, you get paid by the mile. DRIVERS BEWARE when you get paid by the mile, you should expect to work long hours. On this drop and hook account that should take only 9 hours, expect to work from 12-14 hours a day. And this isn't OTR. You get to go home every day, but you're always tired. And pay attention to your paycheck. They forget to pay you for stops, drop and hooks and delay time occasionally. And they dont stay on top of the maintenance of the equipment. I've had enough of this nonsense, so I'm moving onto a real drop and hook job.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management
manager
General Manager/Assistant Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Needham, MA 02494October 18, 2017
Typical day started when the phone rang, at what ever time of day. With issues came up all times, day and night.
Once i got to the office it was none stop on the phone all day dealing with issues, paying invoices, managing the E-Log program. Tracking drivers to ensure on time deliveries.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Executive Management
Every man for himself!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 14, 2018
Stay away, pay is horrible, management gives no support to drivers other than their favorites. No way of tracking your pay, everthing is need to know when they deem it so. They make you sign for handbook and shout at you in front of other staff when rule is broken, even though you don't get the rule book. I finally got one after a year and it contained no rules or procedures. HR and management are harassing and get mad when asked anything. A very hostile place to work.
Pros
Cons
Everything, unfair, and unjust! Lie through their teeth!
This company has it all except higher pay
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAApril 28, 2018
Working for this company was a great experience. The Manager and Supervisors treat you like family. I was given the opportunity be the GM to learn how to dispatch as well as drive locally for them. The safety meetings were really good and the food was awesome too! I wish they would pay a little more.
Pros
Great management, Good culture, Recognition
Cons
OTR drivers are lazy, Pay is a little low
lousy management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHMarch 18, 2018
pay isnt bad,but you need to keep track of what they pay you for,constantly making mistakes in their favor...management doesnt have a clue about the industry,they claim they were drivers,but experience is what makes a driver and desk jockeys arent considered drivers.....they lay you off with out warning,basicly you are just a number to them.....they would rather have road service come than fix equipment before it becomes illegal...safety bonus program is a joke,they will screw you out of that anyway they can...laid me off one week before x-mas without warning and screwed me out of my two year safety bonus with two weeks left in the year.lay off was no fault of my own.....management goes to work for a support group,they go there just to talk about their problems at home...sad situation,
Pros
garanteed to get bent over...
Cons
pay mistakes/and lied too
raises for drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 4, 2017
no raises for drivers in 2.5 yrs, even though they gave customer a rate increase. They pay by mile and stop which i wish they would pay us more. Its easy job but don't feel appreciated by upper management in corporate level
Lily transportation
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 4, 2013
Driver position in Cheshire Connecticut. They treat you like garbage the pay is very low, hours suck and the insurance is crazy expensive. Force dispatch, slip seating intimidation strong arm thuggery is commonplace. They force you to work for free half hour in the morning and half hour at the end of the day 6 days a week 6 hours a week you're working and not getting paid.
Big turn over here of drivers, none of this is made up and is all verifiable. Raises are one penny a year.
Cons
all the above
Management is either inattentive or abusive.
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CaliforniaMarch 3, 2012
My location manager was downright abusive. However, the client was pleasant and professional.

This was definitely a top notch operation. The only problem was that the location manager was quite often verballly abusive. There was a lot of back-biting, and the police came to collect one of the other dispatchers at one point.
Pros
nice salary for the work/life balance.
Cons
abusive management
Great Company
Senior Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Grest Values and follows them closely. Taught me a lot of management skills. The GM become my mentor and pushed me to be my very best. The team I work with is outstanding
Lack of concern for Drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  CTDecember 10, 2012
Owner could care less about his people, which is a shame because we make his money. Pay scale is old is pathetic and demoralizing. Health insurance cost too much. Raises are 1 penny a year. However the dispatch office in Cheshire Connecticut does a very good job.
Pros
steady work, like what im doing. good dispatch people, they do a great job!!!
Cons
pay, insurance, lack of concern.
Productive and professional company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 5, 2013
A typical day would be involved with coordinating driver hiring, create new driver qualification files and maintain existing files. Oversee and audit driver hours of service by electronic or paper logs. Maintain DOT drug testing roster and random drug testing program. Compile data to administer driver safety awards program

I've learned DOT regulations for driver qualification files and DOT physical examination requirements & drug testing regulations. How to obtain driving and CSA records.

Management is very professional. They will resolve any issues an employee or customer may have.

My co-workers were an excellent group to work with. All were friendly and willing to help with any issues that arose in my job functions.

The hardest part of the job would be tracking down missing DOT drug test results and/or physical examination reports when a clinic failed to follow protocol.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the satisfaction I personally felt of achieving the successful hiring of an excellent DOT qualified driver.
Pros
Occasional pizza days or occasional donuts or muffins in the morning.
Cons
Healthcare costs are a litle on the high side, the benefits are pretty much in line with today's healthcare enviroment.
nice company to work for.
Tractor-Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 2, 2012
although with every job times can be rough but here it was for the most part enjoyable, people were easy to work with and my co-workers were great.
Cons
healthcare costs and a couple of missed raises we should have got.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lily Transportation Corp. Our community is ready to answer.