Lily Transportation Corp Employee Reviews

Great Company
Senior Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Grest Values and follows them closely. Taught me a lot of management skills. The GM become my mentor and pushed me to be my very best. The team I work with is outstanding
Every man for himself!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 14, 2018
Stay away, pay is horrible, management gives no support to drivers other than their favorites. No way of tracking your pay, everthing is need to know when they deem it so. They make you sign for handbook and shout at you in front of other staff when rule is broken, even though you don't get the rule book. I finally got one after a year and it contained no rules or procedures. HR and management are harassing and get mad when asked anything. A very hostile place to work.
Pros
Cons
Everything, unfair, and unjust! Lie through their teeth!
ok job position
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 10, 2018
Worked at least 14 hours daily, poor communication skills, loads are always late, if you go above and beyond for the company do not expect to get it in return.
Cons
This company has it all except higher pay
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAApril 28, 2018
Working for this company was a great experience. The Manager and Supervisors treat you like family. I was given the opportunity be the GM to learn how to dispatch as well as drive locally for them. The safety meetings were really good and the food was awesome too! I wish they would pay a little more.
Pros
Great management, Good culture, Recognition
Cons
OTR drivers are lazy, Pay is a little low
they try make it good but they cant
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAApril 26, 2018
I actually liked working there if not for the fact that mangement is so paranoid of loosing there position . The drivers are great people hard working and willing to help out but management always wants more from you , so they can look good and do less.People get fired there at a drop of a hat.with no consideration to the employee or his family.
Pros
shift hours are good, pay is a little above average
Cons
supervisors cut throat, know to run place don't know how treat people
lousy management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHMarch 18, 2018
pay isnt bad,but you need to keep track of what they pay you for,constantly making mistakes in their favor...management doesnt have a clue about the industry,they claim they were drivers,but experience is what makes a driver and desk jockeys arent considered drivers.....they lay you off with out warning,basicly you are just a number to them.....they would rather have road service come than fix equipment before it becomes illegal...safety bonus program is a joke,they will screw you out of that anyway they can...laid me off one week before x-mas without warning and screwed me out of my two year safety bonus with two weeks left in the year.lay off was no fault of my own.....management goes to work for a support group,they go there just to talk about their problems at home...sad situation,
Pros
garanteed to get bent over...
Cons
pay mistakes/and lied too
Tough Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 2, 2018
Very demanding ownership with "in your face" mentality. Expectations for employees exceeded most things possible.
Pay increases none existent with no bonus or incentive opportunities.
Pros
Nice baseball caps
Cons
Low compensation
All right place to work
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 27, 2018
Working nights , independently working, no one to bother you at night, deliver freight by the morning, fairly new trucks, no snow days off, freight gets delivered
safety first
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 26, 2018
Good co workers, good equipment, good window on load times.
Even though they are trying to build teams they have accommodated routes for solo drivers.
Great Company to Work For
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Lily is a great company that cares about their employees and treats everyone fair and equal. Lily has core beliefs which they live by and it shows throughout the whole company.

Pros
Great Leadership
needs to improve communication with workers
Class A Driver Tel (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 22, 2018
I would be called out of nowhere at the last minute to work in my rest days. They changed the schedule from one moment to the other without any sort of warning.
fast paced work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 20, 2018
Delivering auto parts can be very demanding on your body the risk of injury is at a all time high giving the nature of the business also you are out delivering these auto parts by yourself which again can and will take it's toll on you
Pros
year round work
Cons
pay well it should be but it's not so there you have it
OK place to get started
Tractor-trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Cheshire ConnecticutJanuary 16, 2018
OK place to get started. Your start times are never the same it varies day to day expected to work One weekend day mandatory. Walking into dispatch was like walking into the motor vehicle department dispatchers have bad attitudes towards drivers Expected to drive in snowstorms blizzard's trucks covered in snow don't get paid until you hit the road must clean your trucks of all snow first dig in front of tires so you get out
Pros
Experience driving trucks OK equipment
Cons
Start times not always the same
fustraded
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Stormville, NYJanuary 10, 2018
terrible place to work! Doesn't pay you correctly! Gives you terrible runs, in which loss money, if manager doesn't like you, he will even give you done time between delivers,which you aren't paid.
Good job
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 7, 2017
Good pay. Do your job and management leave you alone. Get two weeks vacation however couldn’t get two weeks in a row. Great equipment. Worked every weekend. Good money not much family time.
Pros
Cons
Bad work schedule
Competitive and safe working environment
Truck Driver/Yardman (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MA 01880December 6, 2017
Company went to great lengths to keep employee's safe on the job as well as new equipment and well maintained equipment. Company had reviews and safety movies yearly
Cdl a driver
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 23, 2017
Worked on Cargil account, LOVED my job but then they unexpectedly got rid of all the Syracuse drivers. They didn’t want to pay us the mileage anymore. Other than that I would have still been there.
Pros
Good Money, nice equipment
Cons
Had to go to bed extremely early
Worsed to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
They don't even have drivers and they want to make company sounds the best. Screw you lily.
I hate this worsed company just wasted my time. Management lies to make case sounds good for them selves.
learned how to be angry from this company
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAOctober 29, 2017
the typical day would start off very slow check in to start the day. that's when you would start getting yelled at for mistakes that wasn't yours. after starting you shift the pace would go from 0-100 mph in a min. the management was very poor. people could do what they wanted if you was one of the favored ones. please keep looking the work is hard.
Pros
work went by fast
Cons
workload, stress
Loads was not given first come, first serve basis
CDL Truck Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAOctober 28, 2017
They promised that they traveled from Pennsylvania to California and back and they ended up giving me $1,100 with teams. You don't have loads when you are driving the truck to northeastern hence you don't make money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lily Transportation Corp. Our community is ready to answer.