Lily Transportation Corp Pay & Benefits reviews

Tough Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 2, 2018
Very demanding ownership with "in your face" mentality. Expectations for employees exceeded most things possible.
Pay increases none existent with no bonus or incentive opportunities.
Pros
Nice baseball caps
Cons
Low compensation
Good job
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 7, 2017
Good pay. Do your job and management leave you alone. Get two weeks vacation however couldn’t get two weeks in a row. Great equipment. Worked every weekend. Good money not much family time.
Pros
Cons
Bad work schedule
Cdl a driver
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 23, 2017
Worked on Cargil account, LOVED my job but then they unexpectedly got rid of all the Syracuse drivers. They didn’t want to pay us the mileage anymore. Other than that I would have still been there.
Pros
Good Money, nice equipment
Cons
Had to go to bed extremely early
manager
General Manager/Assistant Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Needham, MA 02494October 18, 2017
Typical day started when the phone rang, at what ever time of day. With issues came up all times, day and night.
Once i got to the office it was none stop on the phone all day dealing with issues, paying invoices, managing the E-Log program. Tracking drivers to ensure on time deliveries.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Executive Management
raises for drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 4, 2017
no raises for drivers in 2.5 yrs, even though they gave customer a rate increase. They pay by mile and stop which i wish they would pay us more. Its easy job but don't feel appreciated by upper management in corporate level
why am i being asked about lily
DOCK SUPERVISOR/REGIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 28, 2017
long hours ,not enough home time [go's with being a trucker]
company was good to employees. was understanding of drivers needs.
the best enter action I have ever had in a work place
Pros
good pay
Cons
home time
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 1, 2017
I have been with Lily for many years and I plane to retire from Lily. I have worked for 2 other transportation companies and they don't compare to Lily. Lily is the best by far.
fun
Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAJuly 24, 2017
Very good workers and good company to work with but am looking for something local im doing a dedicated route with them but............................
Pros
lunches
Cons
very good
Great place for a life long career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAAugust 20, 2016
I've been with the company for more than 3 years. From day one the staff and management has treated me like family. As long as you come in and do your job and do it the right way you'll be absolutely happy. Good pay for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Great safety meetings, driver incentives, driver/office relationship is good.
Cons
Long hours at times and lazy co-workers
No such thing as drop and hook
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Freetown, MAJuly 28, 2016
They rope you in with a drop and hook and quickly the job changes. Loads are seldom ready. You drop and wait for loads. They don't pay you for the first hour, so if you go to 3 places, you can wait 3 hours and not get paid for it because you don't get paid by the hour, you get paid by the mile. DRIVERS BEWARE when you get paid by the mile, you should expect to work long hours. On this drop and hook account that should take only 9 hours, expect to work from 12-14 hours a day. And this isn't OTR. You get to go home every day, but you're always tired. And pay attention to your paycheck. They forget to pay you for stops, drop and hooks and delay time occasionally. And they dont stay on top of the maintenance of the equipment. I've had enough of this nonsense, so I'm moving onto a real drop and hook job.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management
nice place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 29, 2016
stress free work
lots of training throughout my time
went through 3 managers in short amount of time
great co-workers
hardest part working second shift
lack of stress was the best part
Pros
cheap healthcare
Productive and professional company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 5, 2013
A typical day would be involved with coordinating driver hiring, create new driver qualification files and maintain existing files. Oversee and audit driver hours of service by electronic or paper logs. Maintain DOT drug testing roster and random drug testing program. Compile data to administer driver safety awards program

I've learned DOT regulations for driver qualification files and DOT physical examination requirements & drug testing regulations. How to obtain driving and CSA records.

Management is very professional. They will resolve any issues an employee or customer may have.

My co-workers were an excellent group to work with. All were friendly and willing to help with any issues that arose in my job functions.

The hardest part of the job would be tracking down missing DOT drug test results and/or physical examination reports when a clinic failed to follow protocol.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the satisfaction I personally felt of achieving the successful hiring of an excellent DOT qualified driver.
Pros
Occasional pizza days or occasional donuts or muffins in the morning.
Cons
Healthcare costs are a litle on the high side, the benefits are pretty much in line with today's healthcare enviroment.
Great Company to work for
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 10, 2013
Very family oriented family. Great work/life balance. When I was employed w/ Lily they had great benefits
Lily transportation
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 4, 2013
Driver position in Cheshire Connecticut. They treat you like garbage the pay is very low, hours suck and the insurance is crazy expensive. Force dispatch, slip seating intimidation strong arm thuggery is commonplace. They force you to work for free half hour in the morning and half hour at the end of the day 6 days a week 6 hours a week you're working and not getting paid.
Big turn over here of drivers, none of this is made up and is all verifiable. Raises are one penny a year.
Cons
all the above
Lack of concern for Drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  CTDecember 10, 2012
Owner could care less about his people, which is a shame because we make his money. Pay scale is old is pathetic and demoralizing. Health insurance cost too much. Raises are 1 penny a year. However the dispatch office in Cheshire Connecticut does a very good job.
Pros
steady work, like what im doing. good dispatch people, they do a great job!!!
Cons
pay, insurance, lack of concern.
just a dead end job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2012
all you do is contract work. same thing everyday. same route everyday. benefits are too expensive. management cares less about you. once contract ends so do you.
Cons
management sucks
nice company to work for.
Tractor-Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 2, 2012
although with every job times can be rough but here it was for the most part enjoyable, people were easy to work with and my co-workers were great.
Cons
healthcare costs and a couple of missed raises we should have got.
It's a very good company to work for. All the workers get along.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAMay 3, 2012
The Dispatchers are good they don't push you they work with you, that's what I like about this company.
Pros
every driver meeting we have good lunches.
Cons
the benefits weren't to good.
Management is either inattentive or abusive.
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CaliforniaMarch 3, 2012
My location manager was downright abusive. However, the client was pleasant and professional.

This was definitely a top notch operation. The only problem was that the location manager was quite often verballly abusive. There was a lot of back-biting, and the police came to collect one of the other dispatchers at one point.
Pros
nice salary for the work/life balance.
Cons
abusive management