Lime Energy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Jealousy, special preference, uncaring.
Juniro IT Support (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 14, 2018
Stressful environment, not my idea of day to day work. It felt as though regardless of how long and hard I work there was never an end, and also hearing your supervisor mention that I need to pick up the pace. Its just to stressful in my opinion.
Pros
short drive to work
Cons
workload to high
Good place to work.
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 23, 2018
An enjoyable place to work. The environment is fun and the people are nice. Located in a decent spot in downtown Buffalo makes the commute good unless there is bad weather.
nothing good
ESR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2018
job is ok the management here is in it to make a name for them selfs and is self centered. I would not recommend working here unless you are desperate for a job.
Pros
work alone
Cons
management is self centered and doesn't care about employees
Poor management, Unorganized, No where to advance.
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2018
The work as an installer was easy. But there is little to no training on the paperwork side of it. In my short time here they did several things that showed me it wasn't the place for me. For example,
*Last minute mandatory Saturdays with no excuses to be able to not work, kids, family events, pre planned events, none of it matters to them. You have to work or a write up.
*Lack of organization. You have several people pulling you in different directions and everything is an emergency and needs done immediately.
*Pay is not very good for what is required as a service tech. As a tech you are really doing what I would say is three peoples jobs for not very good pay. I was a tech for a different company, made more and did way less than what they require here.
*Poor management ( why I quit ). Received A write up from the foreman for no call no show when i talked to him that morning and worked that day with a co-worker. No one could explain how that is possible. Upper management did nothing and they kept saying "its just a write up". In my opinion the foreman had it out for me and was looking for anything at all and upper management didn't want to do anything about it.
*Some
Bottom line I would not suggest anyone I know to work here.
Pros
Company vehicle, Few decent co-workers, work mostly alone.
Cons
Poor management, Poor training, Poor pay, No where to advance with these managers.
Review Lime Energy
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 22, 2017
A typical day at work at Lime would include making cold calls to municipalities and small businesses to schedule appointments to have their facilities audited for energy savings. After that i would go and show them how they can benefit from just making a few upgrades in their lighting and also went over government funding available to them as a small business to help pay for the upgrades.

I learned how to be more energy efficient around my own home and how we can all do a little bit each day to lower our carbon footprint.

Management were young college graduates who at times lacked the focus to run a professional office setting.

For the most part the culture in the office was pleasant. However, i was on the road a lot and visited only 2 days out of the week.

Hardest part of the job was overcoming objections of skeptical customers. Although, i enjoyed the challenge and did not mind going back for a follow up if i needed to.

I enjoyed being on the road and meeting different professionals at multiple municipalities and see the different ways each one ran their operations.
Pros
Making a lot of contacts
Cons
No room for advancement
Not typical sales
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 4, 2017
Expectations were to do assessment, get sale and move on. Was told you never go back to follow up with customer. Never felt management gave appropriate support to be 100% to all sales people to be successful. Didn't always sell the most energy efficient products and asked to cross sell product not trained on.
Pros
Plenty of freedom, benefits
Cons
Poor commission plan. Communication from management very slow.
Poor Upper management
Energy Service Consultant - Lighting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYAugust 3, 2017
Upper Management left their underlings in the dark on a regular basis and treated them as a means to an end in most situations. Did not receive the support required to perform job duties efficiently.
I have always enjoyed and loved working with the people at Alpine
Lead Tech / Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 2, 2017
The office staff and field technicians were fun to work with, the operations manager was honestly a joke he was in ordering manager and did not know how to deal with technicians service manager was an honorable man and always try to make sure technicians enjoyed coming to work
Pros
Fun place to work at and good people
Cons
Company sold to worth and Company
Always a great work environment with amazing co-workers
Energy Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJanuary 22, 2017
Since day one everyone I have encountered have been a blessing to my growth within the company. The company is flexible and will always work with their employees to not only keep family first, but also help with individual success.
Productive working envioronment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 4, 2016
Sent invoices to customers daily. Invoiced Utility company once a week. Approved projects for construction.Monitored and tracked all invoices sent to both the end user and Utility.
Not my type of sales position
Energy Servce Representative (Former Employee) –  East Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2016
While the Company was flexible in terms of my daily travel plans, the Company was more about closing sales than it was about providing the customer service that I am accustomed to.
Family environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 11, 2016
I enjoy the workplace, however after only a few months there have been lay offs. I do not feel it is stable. Very easy job!
There is less than 30 employees working there.
Pros
small family atmosphere feeling
Cons
Micro Managing is enforced, but is not needed
Stay away
Energy Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nation WideJuly 26, 2016
No communication from management. Compensation is minimal and goals are un realistic. They have do not care about the employees, even quality employees.
Pros
Insurance and freedom
Cons
No communication from management, compensation
Nice company
Energy Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2016
The company treats its employee very good. They offer good compensation great training most importantly, they give employees independence and flexibility to do their job well.
Pros
Free cellphones
Cons
limit on marketing territory
Do not work for this place
IT Ops Administration (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 30, 2016
You can go in every day, do your work, work as hard as you can and still end up cut.

I worked hard. Sometimes even harder than staff that have been here for years and they treat you like badly. And most of the managers do not know what they are talking about.
Pros
No more proes
Slime Energy
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Nation WideApril 19, 2016
Nitwits who don't know what they're doing or how to run a business. All talk. Poor pay. Huge turnover. Slime Energy. Manager's are useless. Senior management even worse.
Good product and green industry, world saving
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2016
this is a top down company and when a command is ordered, or even a whim of an idea, the workers are expected to create a frenzied effort. no predictable success measures. you'll do great if you're a clock watcher and never challenge your boss.
Pros
Remote office, independent work environment, smart people, great product, reducing the energy use of USA
Cons
No mentoring by managers, "More" not smart/better is the goal, No bonus structure and below-to-middle avg salary, top heavy, stagnant stock
Fast paced enviroment. Friendly and Helpful Co-Workers
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 21, 2015
Work days were filled with various appointments and meetings. Co-Workers were always around willing to give a helping hand and teach on the job. Managements doors were always open.
Pros
Team like atmopshere.
Cons
Relocation was requested.
Productive and great work environment
Forman (Former Employee) –  Glendola CaliforniaJune 4, 2015
Working at Lime Energy was a great experiences, expecially when you are given a job side in which millions of dollars are in riskis.
Good place
Energy Advisor / General Contractor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 17, 2014
good place to work with good people. never short of a helping hand