Lime Employee Reviews

relaxed job
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 7, 2019
easy going people and calm work. work is always there. the manager is understanding and fair. clean work place and vans. fair pay and breaks. working here is never boring, everyday is very different.
Decent Pay Not Transparent Poor Management No Direction
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 4, 2019
The concept of the company is brilliant! The execution sub par at best!

For starters you are not hired as an employee but a contractor. What this boils down to is when its time to let people go they owe you nothing. This contractor role starts at $15hr which is great seeing that the national rate is less then this. The only problem is if they are new to a city (aka no permission meaning permits to operate) the city will usually issue a cease and desist. At this point with no warning you will be put on hold for work. So keep your other job this will save you from financial disaster. They will tell you operations will resume soon but the reality is they have no idea what the city is going to impose! So do not quit your job even if Lime pays more.

During this time they may hire a General manager who will have zero knowledge of what you had to endure during the launch (long hours, no days off) and whatever accolades and milestones you achieved will not be acknowledged. So this is a huge morale destroyer especially if he/she hires new people to be your supervisor and have zero experience.

The Launchers may be present or may not be. These people usually show up after the fact and usually make things worse. They tend to focus on recycling and cleaning the warehouse more so then the actual deployment/retrieval of scooters. They show up for a day or two sometimes a week. They generally tend to give bad advice or direction that usually makes the job confusing or more difficult. The bulk of their time is spent on laptops generating reports to corporate or not showing up due to
  more... exhaustion from the lack of sleep. The Launchers and GM work for Lime and receive great benefits such as 401k, stock options, and substantial pay increase. So I have little empathy for them being overworked.

You would think that after launching in multiple cities worldwide a standard of launching in cities would be in place. Instead of communicating what works or does not they send you in blind. Withholding proven effective operation practices that worked in other markets.They use the excuse that other markets made mistakes and they don't want those practices duplicated in the new market.

Not sharing what has worked is ludicrous... making new markets waste time trying to figure out what works is a huge financial loss to the company.

I launched two markets so I saw the mistakes that had been made in the first. When I relayed what failed and worked only some of the information was applied by management to the second market.Thus duplicating the same mistakes the first market made!!!!!

If you want a long term position with benefits steer clear of the Mechanic,Ops Specialist, Team Lead positions. There just contract positions with no benefits.

The above said positions as of today have all been cut by 2/3rds in both markets. A total of thirty plus people have lost their jobs by a sudden reduction of staff with NO WARNING!!!!!!!

There is a caveat...I make more Juicing then I did as a contractor for them. Juicing/charging can be ideal if you need extra cash and want to keep your other job! However you will not make $150 a night while you sleep. You will be up all night trying to charge those stupid things for half of that amount so beware of that as well!!!!!!!

Good Luck!
Pros
$15hr
Cons
Ends no warning
Be prepared for surprise layoffs.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2018
Company was great, paid decent, decent hours, management was easy to deal with. All until the entire team of 25+ employees was suddenly laid off a few weeks before Christmas. After promises of overtime and 40 hour weeks when hired and promises that work would continue through the winter Lime called a meeting out of the blue one day and let everyone go. This not only happened in our market but in the other two markets in the state. The situation would be more understandable if we were given any kind of notice.

This company is trash and doesn't care about the people they hire. Look elsewhere if you appreciate job security.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Lies and layoffs
Fun place to work with a laid back atmosphere
Lead Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CANovember 26, 2018
great company, pays well considering the tasks. Good coworkers, overall a fun company to work for. Willing to work with you to accomodate preffered shifts and days off
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
lack of communication
Poor Management
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2018
The managers do not know what the are doing. They change the job task daily but the same job is getting done. They still don't have a shift leader. The bosses do things behind your back and hide from you and ignore your phone calls. Great company but the Charlotte branch is organized and have the worst managers.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor Communication and managers
Quick paced, but enjoyable
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 21, 2018
Overall fun environment, stressful at times but always worth it. Great sense of teamwork and cooperation, constant changes like many other start ups. Depending on the market there are great opportunities to advance and get promoted, or to change roles if one does not suit you well. Overall great workplace, would highly recommend to anyone that is a go-getter.
Pros
Independence
Run
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Management will lie to you just to get you in the door. No one knows what they're doing. If you're not a part of their clique you get the worst assignments. They will cut your hours without warning. Constant gossip and talking behind each other's backs. No communication. As soon as you try to get benefits they will cut your hours. Contact you constantly when you're supposed to be off of work. More worried about their shareholders profit than your safety.
Lime Speed
Operations and Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2018
Lime was moving at such a high speed and it needed to reset and standardize. They empowered their staff to pushing the limit to achieve. I would return to this company if asked.
Fast Paced with a very start up culture vibe
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2018
Great environment to that allows growth and develop for future skills and advancement. Enjoyable environment for those who get bored easily with the monotony of most office jobs as this can be a very on the field job.
Fast paced Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaribbeanAugust 23, 2018
The company requires fast paced to meet the month to month KPIs, while addressing customer needs and challenges that arise form an aging network and limited staff resources.
love the lime
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2018
cool job, I enjoyed working outside really laid back environment. management was very flexible to everyones needs, great opportunity to make money and friends, easy job
Day at work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 16, 2018
It was a fast-paced day at work. we communicate and work as a team. If we don't work as a team the restaurant will be chaotic. We have task that we are assigned, that will help the lunch rush to go smoothly.
nice work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33127October 16, 2017
it was a nice work place the business just closed down.i liked the place they under paid me but i had no choice because i needed the cash but all in all it was pretty cool
Pros
free lunch
Cons
had to be quick
no balance
longer than 12 hour working days
no recognition
have to beg for wages
unethical place to work
would never recommend anyone for this company
Pros
Cons
no reliable
The best place to work
R F Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica W IJune 27, 2017
There was never a dull moment at LIME. The work was always stressful and challenging but was always proud when i exceeded my targets There were great managers and not so great managers. The culrure was wonderful and i worked with pride. There was an excellent train program at LIME Academy.
Its productive and challenging every day is something new.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Providenciales, Turks and Caicos IslandMarch 1, 2016
A day at work will be very challenging but productive. I worked at the retail desk but I also learned residential (which dealt with broadband and fixed lines) even though I am temporary. I am basically an all around girl. I could have assisted with any department in my office. Management is great but I always thought they were a little to confidential when it comes to retails and they do not give the retail staff any benefits nor time to grow. The hardest part of my job is getting information to inform my customers if there is any issue. I loved assisting customers and ensuring that when they walk out of the door that they had the best customer service experience.
Productive always busy and friendly environment
Cashier, Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2015
A typical day consists of sweeping the floors, tables, restocking the ice, making sure there are back ups for the six salsas, as well as back ups of the limes. As a server you must check the bathrooms are clean and tidy, and provide the best possible service to the customers. We must set up trays, carry the food over to the customers and placing them before them accordingly. We must also answer phone calls and carry out deliveries. As cashiers we are expected to know the menu so using the screen to take orders becomes more doable. Every server cooperates with one another and their managers to get all tasks done and keep customers happy.

I learned different types of tortillas, and that baja refers to fried fish and the organic black beans and refried beans that are available options for beans. I learned what ingredients apply to each salad, taco, burrito, dessert and appetizer. I learned the prices and how to pace myself while checking the whole perimeter to make sure each customer is having a pleasant experience.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast pace environment while having numerous of tasks left to be done while the restaurant starts going through a "rush." However these are easily dealt by trying to move as fast and as smooth as possible, especially working as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that every co-worker always holds the best attitude and always offer to lend a helping hand. You also get daily tip and enjoy a variety of music while working and serve a diversity of cultures. Additionally, the uniform requires you to wear
  more... your Lime shirt, but the shorts or pants are flexible as long as they are work appropriate and a solid color, you can work comfortably.  less
Pros
Tips, Friendly Environment, Excellent Management, Cooperative Co-workers
Productive and fun work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Vincent and the GrenadinesMarch 5, 2015
A busy day where the store is mostly crowded with customers and you have to enable that all customer is taken cared of. I have learned that you never lose the passion to please the customers because customers comes first and their approval matters. However, it is very important to be able to work in teams and be that all rounded team player. Being able to interact with co-workers and learning to appreciate one another is something that i believe in. My co- workers portrayed friendly personalities and it even gets the job done faster and result in success. The most difficult part of the job is that you have to tolerate the worst of irate customers and secondly a busy day can lead to being a stressful situation. The most memorable part of the job is achieving high customer approvals and meeting sales targets because at the end of the day, you want to be paid.
Cons
short breaks
Interesting environment, however, not productive enough
Intern (Former Employee) –  st.luciaAugust 27, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of an 8 hour shift. Most of the day consisted of me sitting at a desk with nothing to do. However, I did short radio interviews and promotions and attended short meetings. I learnt great marketing strategy and teamwork. Management were not strict and the other workers were very friendly but not as productive as they should have been. The hardest part of the job was enduring the boredom when I had nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming up with new ways to market the events.
Really good company to work to
Assisted Operations Engineer (AOS) (Former Employee) –  BridgetownAugust 24, 2014
Very relaxed work enviroment to work, not so supervised but very fair
Pros
No too tight control over employees