Lin Engineering

Working at Lin Engineering: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

You’ll learn a lot but not get compensated as you think you should

My advice for management is to bond more with their employees and not just have it be about work. Create more rapport with each other. Encourage team-building activities with everyone in the workplace.

Pros

Everyone is friendly and helpful. Family-oriented vibe

Cons

Low morale, not flexible with work-from-home options, low pay

Good environment

Great products and customers. Excellent staff to work with. Family friendly and a team atmosphere.They are an industry leader with an experienced Engineering staff. Willing to try new products, processes, and customers. My time there was fun.

Lin Engineering insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment

Productive workplace

Nice people and fast pace working environment. Overall, it is a good company to gain experience and certain knowledge. Company culture has been changing.

good working environment

Lin Engineering is a great place to work. It has friendly and helpful employees. The commute from San Jose to Morgan Hill is pretty easy with no traffic.

Company promotes inclusion.

Was let go after 6 months of training. I had just gotten the hang of the work flow and had learned how to manage the continuous & confusing emails. Extremely stressful workload. I had 3 monitors and wished I had 4. Reason for letting me go was said to be because my manager "didn't feel comfortable giving me more customer's". Instead of utilizing the skills i had already learned they fired me. Manager was always sending emails without copying me on information I needed and then verbally criticized me for not having "all the information" and wrote me up for giving the customer's, incorrect, late, or not factual information.

Innovative Motor Company with Great People

The company has changed dramatically in the last 2 to 3 years due to slight changes in management teams and increase an in business/profit. The culture is gradually changing and they try to do more fun things for the employees. A typical work day can always be different due to the various applications or requests you come across. Some days your trying to solve a customer's problem or come up with a design, other days your finding solutions for the production floor. Some days are spent learning or growing, running lab tests or trying different motor windings. You're always learning something new. Co-workers are great here, a lot of great people with good attitudes and people are always willing to help out. The management team is improving but could definitely continue to develop their teams more. The best part of working here is pride in the high profile projects we come across and the work we produce for these customers. Most customers are satisfied with our design solutions and manufacturing processes and quality work, it feels good to be a part of something great.

Pros

Growing company, good profits, free snacks

Cons

Could use more structured trainings

Great growing company

You are given incredible chances to contribute to projects and make decisions that you wouldn't be able to do at a larger company. They offer flexible work schedules when needed. Overall, the company has an amazing family vibe yet is demanding and challenging which works for me. I appreciate the thrive to learn and do better.

Pros

benefits, location, humble company, flexibilty, team events

A professional environment that emphasized continuous learning and development

Working at Lin Engineering was an extremely educational experience. A lot of work but because of it, I was able to develop a multitude of skills which will help me throughout my career. The interaction involved with the position made it very enjoyable and allowed me to explore the engineer world to get a good understanding of how many other major companies work and the differences between them.

Very benefit toward continue learning enviroment

1- Very good staff2- Learning new thing everyday3- Good team management4- Profesional freindly co-worker5- Be able to improve personal interest by learning new thing every day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lin Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits