Lincare Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Found 1,101 reviews matching the search See all 1,106 reviews
Good place to work if you know someone in management
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 18, 2018
Lousy pay, most supervisors have less experience than the people they supervise. No formal training. No one liked to share any knowledge because they thought you might take their job. They hired a lot of people with no medical experience or claims experience so if you want some experience and are willing to accept $12.00 an hour, go for it but trust no one.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
They want total silence in the office it’s so quiet I fell asleep constantly
Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2018
The environment is hostile and dysfunctional. Corporate allows retaliation and harrassment from other people within the office, just poor ethics all the way around.
Overworked/Underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYJune 12, 2018
“Promotions” are all lateral, the environment is uncomfortable and stressful. Management has unrealistic expectations. Lincare’s pay is not conducive to the cost of living in NYS.
Pros
Work shift
Cons
Short breaks
Stressfull
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 11, 2018
They do not pay you enough for all the work they require you to do. I feel like it is very micro managed. You are constantly working all kinds of reports on top of all the orders that come in. And training for new hires is not what you would expect.
Pros
Benefits are decent.
Cons
No over time allowed for the position i work
This company is out to rob Medicare/Medicaid at every oppurtunity
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 11, 2018
I worked for this company for an extended period of time and learned to hate them for how they do business. Their whole purpose is to get as much reimbursement out of the medicare/medicaid system by getting doctors to write prescriptions for equipment that was generally unnecessary. We were directed to put off clients returning equipment so they would keep it long enough for medicare to purchase the equipment from us at exaggerated prices.

Upper management really wasn't concerned with the patients and it really broke my heart. Turn over in this position was tremendous and center management was usually someone unqualified for the job. I felt like the District Managers put these unqualified people into the center manager positions so they would be easy to control and lacked the courage to challenge them.
Pros
Good place to start if you want to work days, unlike hospital jobs
Cons
See my review
Quick paced environment with good support system.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 8, 2018
To be employed at Lincare, you have to be ready to learn quickly and jump right in to your position. There was a lot of support if you have questions.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No real breaks... constantly busy
This is a great place to work and to grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2018
Come in and get your work done, learn something different each day, questions can be answered, nice work place, didn't want to leave due to the people.
Pros
learning something different
Cons
employment was not long enough
Experience at Lincare
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 31, 2018
On call ruined it for me one weekend I worked 80 hours one week and 40 of them were over the weekend.
Co-workers were great.
Computer system is prehistoric
Decent starting point
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NJMay 31, 2018
Lincare was my first medical sales position... they have a relatively robust sales training course that helped introduce me to the industry. As such... the helped launch my sales career.
this was a fast paced job with tons of work hrs
CSR (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTMay 29, 2018
loved the clientele. the job was very demanding, with many of long hrs. must be on call alot and drive in all types of conditions. they cover a large area and demand for services is high
Pros
working solo all day
Cons
long hours and little paychecks
billing
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 29, 2018
Told the Managers that I mostly had coding thru school, and not much billing. Was promised to be taught one on one their billing, but was just thrown into something they promised to help me with.
Durable Medical Equipment King
Medical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 28, 2018
Great job to learn about the busy healthcare field. Long hours with lots of responsibility. On-call is what would be a major concern for new hire---lots of 3-4 hour sleep nights. Not a job for a single parent with full time parental duties. The patients and the people you work with are what make this job so enjoyable.
Pros
People you work with and Overtime
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 24, 2018
Management is a joke! Poor training, cut throat and drama filled office. Not at all about patient care, all about the bottom line. Wouldn't recommend anyone working there!
Pros
I don't feel that there are any pros
Cons
Made you punch for half an hour unpaid lunch but couldn't take lunch
fun
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 24, 2018
the culture was a blast, the team leads and the managers there were great people, fun to work with, on a slow day we would be able to play a game or two for rewards every once in awhile. if my at home life didnt effect work and the pay was better i would still be working there.
stressful
Senior customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMay 23, 2018
to much stress in one day from just center manager alone. then add just regular day to day which adds more stress. above the center manager is ok and great to work with.
Okay career...
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMay 22, 2018
I loved working with the customers. Corporate was awful. Terrible pay raises. Worked two weeks on call every month. Lots of opportunities to get overtime pay.
Pros
Possible overtime
Cons
Terrible pay raises
Very disrespectful management
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 22, 2018
I worked for Lincare for a year and a half. I was told that I would be promoted to Sr Tech. Never happened. New employees were hired at $2.00 more per hour. I was told my raise was frozen. Another lie. Upper management never returned phone calls. I loved the job and being on my own. Could not stand the disrespect. Not a good place unless your a kiss up
Pros
Being by myself all day
Cons
Really not enough room here
Massive turnover due to Manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAMay 21, 2018
Awful place to work. Highest turnover rate. Would not recommend to anyone due to working conditions. Unless they are under new management. A lot of verbal abuse to employees.
insurance and rx validation
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 21, 2018
Typical day- processing request for insurance and rx validation for home medical equipment.
training was great, management was awesome and the hardest part was leaving.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
fun productive co workers very supportive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 21, 2018
I worked at Lincare for 4 yrs. Very close knit group. I still am friends with people I worked with. Maybe going back with company. I learned a lot about the insurance system Medicare Best part of job was people I worked with & the people you met on job.
Pros
people I worked with
Cons
The on call