Lincare Employee Reviews

Found 1,184 reviews matching the search See all 1,189 reviews
Terrible environment and work ethics
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 12, 2018
I was asked to document things I did not do, staff hid work that was not done to appear as though it was caught up to date, patient care came after sales calls, poor structure and management, only had 1 day orientation and learned what was not doing by regional manager reviews. No trust, confidentiality or teamwork was ever shown by manager. I was there just over a year and had 3 managers, 4 sales reps, 5 drivers and 3 customer service rep turnovers. There are no days off as you will be called every weekend, even when I was at a funeral. This was a horrible environment to work in.
Pros
patient interaction and 1:1 care
Cons
environment, hours, manager, push sales over care
Dont work there
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 9, 2018
Do not work at Lincare because the only thing that is going to go on in there is the management will yell at the drivers for something they didnt do. If the drivers do something wrong, the manager just yells and doesnt tell them what they did wrong thinking that they will fix things.
Not a stable place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  PurgatoryOctober 8, 2018
Overworked, over stressed, and you'll end up leaving anyway. Not worth the stress or the effort. You'll end up leaving anyway. Do yourself a favor and save your loyalty for a better job.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
It's Lincare
Caring and accountability focused company
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 8, 2018
Lincare is dedicated to taking care of the patients we service. As a leader in the respiratory care field, we treat patients with dignity and respect. The core focus of the company include a caring attitude, accountability, dependability, and a united vision of helping patients stay engaged in their lives.
Pros
Meet really great people
Oh k not good
Patient account coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brasdell nyOctober 6, 2018
I was former employer at brasdell NY location I was patient account coordinator not enough training supervisor horrible she didn't like me team leader she didn't like either so they decided to terminated me beacause they said I wasn't get it only being their for a month how I am supposed to learn everything on a month they terminated me hopefully I go to customer service
Pros
Break to short stressful
Cons
Good benefits
Rewarding and fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 4, 2018
Great facility. High standards for customer service and patient care. Friendly co-workers. Clean environment. Company really cares about employees and truly listens to the needs to offer better growth.
Try to go in with positive attitude.
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYOctober 1, 2018
Work environment is very poor. Supervisors are not always available when needed for assistance. Training when working there was not the best. It seemed to improved for those who came after. Stressful situations made you not want to go to work the next day.
Pros
Work close to home
Cons
Poor training, low pay
To be honest,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 1, 2018
The expectations placed on you are unrealistic. You are expected to complete not only your own work load, but take on the work load of other positions with the company. You are given all of these deadlines and projects to be completed, but the phone literally. NEVER. STOPS. RINGING. The patients and nurses/doctors you have to deal with on a daily basis are understandably upset that Lincare's customer service and competency in getting things done, however it is a constant anxiety fueling barrage of rudeness from the aforementioned parties. You are not fairly compensated for all you do. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone. Not even an enemy.
A decent office gig
Data Entry/Printers (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
Lincare is an ok place to work. Predictable office work, very repetitive and monotonous. Also not much pay or hope for advancement. Would be a very good place for someone to work if they needed something steady and didn't need to get rich or advance anywhere in the company.
Pros
Reliable, steady
Cons
Lack of pay, Lack of advancement opportunities, need more in the way of hope
Stressful unsecure of work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Lincare is a good place to work if the company step up to it promise and make the company a more reliable place to work, by raising the pay rate, and improvement the trading process
Pros
Floating day sick pay vacation pay
Cons
Short lunch break, and low pay

Want to know more about Lincare?

Ask a question
Flexible work hours
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Some days, if the employee worked longer hours, compensation time would accrue. Taking call on the weekends could be somewhat tough because therapists covered a larger territory.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
After hours on call
Working hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 26, 2018
I couldn't keep up with the hours at this job. You had to work 50-60 hours a week to try to keep up with the work load. You where on the phone none stop so the work couldn't be completed until you where of the phone, which was after hours.
Cons
no breaks, no lunchs
Micromanaged by Coorperate
CSR (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 24, 2018
We were always short handed, Told that certain unattainable goals had to be met before we could add staff. Very fast paced, ate lunch at my desk and worked off of the clock most days just to have my work finished on time. Outrageous amount of duties,
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
High stress, no down time, no training, no help.
Management and reimburse or commission
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 21, 2018
Management and reimburse or commission Commission on sales is a certain dollar amount for everything sale Which seems enticing but they have a rule that they don’t pay you your commission until it’s billing insurance which means after yourself you’re also responsible for tracking down medical documentation that often not properly documented lost $45,000 upon leaving Due to sales are your pain but intake did not receive proper documentation so they held my commission. Often times managers would push through sales and set ups without the documentation in order to obtain their numbers it’s a unrealistic pressure on you you’re a what they call held sale to increase the centers EBIDA so the manager could reach their bonus level quarterly. Management have the discretion to disburse or keep the bonuses they received based on the centers performance I did it was my experience said they were never this first and the manager would keep it for themselves. Their base pay at $24,000 a year in the lack of attention on tell sales and see if Millatti for sales reps to obtain commission they earn overtime creates a feeling of lack of appreciation and inability to feel like you’re getting paid for your work. Managers are usually promoted from within and that doesn’t always mean professionalism in adequate management is available. It was my experience that management lacked The education, experience and required trait to perform their job adequately which often causes the level of hostility in an unsettling security in your position. I was often scared to take time off due to past threats  more... of disciplinary action for using accrued time off and bullied into feeling my commissions promise in my contract we’re not promise or guarantee it was my job do you fix other peoples errors in order to get paid. A level of retaliation would often Take place by management refusing to approve my expenses and withholding reimbursement on money spent out of my own pocket to do my job if I voiced concern over certain happenings in the office.  less
Pros
Initial two week job training, Foot in the door experience in medical sales
Cons
Base salary, management, equipment shortages and commission structure
Co workers were great...pay for the work was insulting
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 19, 2018
Been working there for six months, looking to leave. The job itself isn't terrible, but the stress of the work and being on call sucks. The pay is insulting for everything expected of you, and the amount of things you're responsible for warrant a lot more than what you get.
Pros
People were great, day goes by fast
Cons
Pay, on call, work load
Important workplace because of the equipment we delivered such as medicine for payments
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day was verifying insurance scheduling appointments faxing xerox hardest part was getting deliveries out on time. of medical equipment such as oxygen and cpap machines. they delivered medical 24 hours a day. I
Pros
old manager always brought lunch when we hit goals
Productive, and fun
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Allendale, NJSeptember 17, 2018
The office was small but very friendly. Management was great and on top of everything.I loved helping the customers over the phone and provide them with the upmost service possible.
Good stepping stone
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 16, 2018
Good place to learn and grow. Typical day is Monday through Friday, eight hours per day. Everyone is over loaded with work so breaks are difficult to manage.
Long hours, unreasonable work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 16, 2018
Lincare had many policies and procedures in place for clinicians that had very little to do with patient care, they just seemed to justify the need to have clinician.
Not a happy work environment
LPN, CLINICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNSeptember 13, 2018
Based in Florida, the company isn't aware of what goes on at each center. Work life balance is terrible. Too much on call working time. No opportunities for training or career advancement. Center Managers can basically steal from the company and no one even seems to care. Worst place I ever worked.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Too many cons to even write down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8