Lincare Employee Reviews for Patient Coordinator

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 1,145 reviews
productive and very relaxed atmosphere
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wynne, ARJuly 18, 2018
typical day in the office was talking with insurance company to have claims paid or correctly claims filed improperly . learning how to correct claims entering the data needed for processing the claim
Pros
job awesome
Cons
management not so much
Sucks and everyone acts like a high school kid
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 19, 2018
everyone complains and there is absolutely no structure or direction, the direction changes from day to day and all you are is a number to them, once you leave they just replace you with someone and they will pay them more than you.
Good place to work if you know someone in management
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 18, 2018
Lousy pay, most supervisors have less experience than the people they supervise. No formal training. No one liked to share any knowledge because they thought you might take their job. They hired a lot of people with no medical experience or claims experience so if you want some experience and are willing to accept $12.00 an hour, go for it but trust no one.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
They want total silence in the office it’s so quiet I fell asleep constantly
Meh
Patient Account Coordinator/Billing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2018
Currently still at Lincare but considering employment elsewhere in the near future. Management picks and chooses who they are more fond of. They have "favorites" which is not fair to the other employees. Salary sucks. They hire in employees for more money than what others are currently getting paid which is a slap in the face. When I leave, it'll be because of lack of money for the amount of work they expect of you to do . Expectations are ridiculous and you don't feel respected for what you actually do for the company. It's given me great experience, but that's all I will get from working here. Sorry.
Pros
The occasional free lunch.
Cons
Overworked, lack of $$, favoritism, "clicks" "secrets"
Training sucks
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYApril 6, 2018
The training at this position is beyond awful. You're expected to know things you weren't even taught and then they'll tell you something once and tell you "I already showed you what to do" when you have further questions. Should take a poll on the training because there are so many people that have no idea what to do with the training because it's inadequate.
Lincare
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2018
Low pay that was my biggest problem. I really don't have much else to say. It is a great place to learn billing if you are a beginner. Can open doors to make more somewhere else
It's a pretty good job if you can understand the insurance process.
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 29, 2018
I tried very hard to learn Lincare's insurance procedures, but I was not taught properly. I was a patient account coordinator, and that job definitely needs a separate program for each new employee to attend to learn everything you need to do that job. You need to take A LOT of notes just to be able to navigate through the procedures correctly. It was a very unpleasant experience for me, very stressful. I'm glad I left. The only good thing was the people I worked with.
Pros
The work schedule was good, coworkers were pretty nice. You had your own cubicle, and was able to decorate it.
Cons
Terrible training, it was noisy and hard to concentrate when trying to work or talking to patients on the phone.
Don’t do it!
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYMarch 2, 2018
Absolutely the worst place to work for! If need be, learn as much as you can and leave! You’ll never be paid what your worth! Poor management and stressful! No order at all!
Productive work environment
Patient Account Coordinator (PAC) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2018
This is a great place to work with excellent training and employee moral. They encourage maintaining a employee moral and a very collaborative work culture, very positive.
Pros
Fun place, very productive
Meh
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 31, 2018
The work kept you busy, you find a few people you genuinely enjoy working with. Other than that, this place isn't very good. They don't pay you enough for the work you actually have to do. The supervisors place favorites, and one in particular thinks she's better than everyone and treats people she doesn't necessarily like, unfairly.
Pros
Vacation time, sick time, and office manager are okay
Cons
Everything else sucks
i loved my job
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJanuary 3, 2018
i loved my job and the people i work with/for. there are really great opportunities there. the environment is terrific. month end can be stressful and you have to watch out for the occasional caddy women.
VERY BAD choice by Ultimate Medical Academy
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 7, 2017
I was given this clerical job by Ultimate Medical Academy. It was a very rotten choice. Linn care don't train, managers don't care and school sucked!!
Pros
Cons
Management and training
great place for starting out and learning
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 27, 2017
This is a good company to work for if you're just starting out and needing something to get under your belt. the pay is not what you would expect for the amount of work that you are given and expected to do. The benefits are absolutely terrible and there is no way around it. The manager/supervisor for my department is an EXCELLENT supervisor BUT the supervisors for other departments are terrible. There is also a lot of drama and whining and complaining that is just so negative and unbearable to work with on a daily basis. there are no repercussions for people's actions. there are some perks but there are WAY more cons than there are pros.
Good stepping stone into the medical billing field
Medicare Patient Account Coordinator/Biller (Current Employee) –  Sharon, PANovember 13, 2017
The job is entry-level so w/out any billing training or experience you can get hired and acquire that from Lincare. It gives you the experience needed to work for a company who's looking for someone that has done the medical billing job before.
Pros
Good Paid Time Off
Cons
Very low wages and expensive health benefits
The Lincare way
Patient Account Coordinator - Medicare Trainer (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYNovember 10, 2017
When I worked for them I was always told it was the Lincare way when ever you had a question about the way things were done. Working with over 90 women in a very small cubicle makes for a stressful environment.
Pros
You get paid an hourly wage. You get breaks
Cons
You have to make up any time taken off, you get written up if sick even with a written doctors note.
Stressful
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 15, 2017
Too much work and not enough hours to get the job done. Many employees coming and leaving in short periods of time. Pay is much lower than other companies doing the same work.
Cons
Very Low Pay
Patient account coodinator
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 12, 2017
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. This place will lie to you about pay to get you hired and no body will help. If you are a male you will not be discriminated against and look over for advancement.
Pros
Cons
working here
Poor management
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2017
My coworkers are great including my a manager and supervisors. The upper management including corporate office does not treat their employees fairly. The pay also is not great for the work performed.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Overworked
The office was unprofessional and not a great place to work, but I learned a lot about the business.
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work was face paced and busy. I learned the ins and outs of working Medicare and Private insurance claims and appeals. The management was very difficult to work for, as they treated their employees very badly and were very unprofessional. The workplace culture was okay, but due to bad management or lack there of, it is a company with a very high turn over rate. The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep enough help to get work done, which resulted in very long days and a lot of overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful people I got to work with, that taught me so much.
Pros
Coworkers and experience
Cons
Managemnet, overall environment, pay
Worked here from 2012-2016
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 8, 2017
Constant micromanaging. They watch whatever you do. The office is a walking soap opera. They promote from within, but the person is not necessarily qualified to do the job. In my office, the manager was everybody's friend.
Pros
Not many. benefits were decent
Cons
Micromanaging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8