Lincoln Electric Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHMay 29, 2018
Is a good place to be great people Always new to learn and there was always something to do and work to get done always busy from when you get there till you leave
Pushes a level of discipline that encourages world class production.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 14, 2018
You know whats expected as the day begins. What you need for success is provided for you. Producing high quality products is the culture. The company offer a wealth of classes the allow you to improve personally as well as professionally.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Plenty of hours
Workplace Culture
Forklift/material handler (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 29, 2018
Work, education, life style, discipline aka weld was the philosophy at Lincoln Electric for life and work. Customer appreciation was striven for as well as quality and procedural operations to better accommodate the consumer.
all great
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
Loved this company, has a rich history and rewarded for everyone working hard everyday

years of work went into building it into the company it is today
Pros
all good
Cons
no overtime for admin.
a lot of standing
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 5, 2018
the job is ok it's a lot of standing and you are very sore after a long day of ten hour shifts. They send you home sometimes when they don't have parts for your work area.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
paid by the pieces you make
Stay Away
HUMAN RESOURCE (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHMarch 28, 2018
Stay away, Until the Board of directors do something to eliminate the Managers or Directors that are driving negative moral this company is not worth working for.
Pros
New Cafeteria that is over priced
Cons
Management, Corporate leadeship, employee moral
Very fast paced, great income.
crane operator, tow motor driver and butt welder (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 17, 2018
work is fast paced but the compensation is good. management is easy to get along with and willing to listen. some of the employees are cut throat but all in all good company.
Pros
money, bonus
Cons
fast paced
Not a fun and productive workplace. Teamwork is non existent
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2018
Management is incompetent. New Product Development and Introduction takes years. Environment destructive. Merit performance review and bonus structure is very UNFAIR
Requires hard work
Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHMarch 15, 2018
Lincoln is a VERY a competitive place to work. Demanding hours and work schedule make it very hard to have a proper work/life balance. Overall it pays the bills but it is not for everybody!
Terrible
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Worst work enviroment you'll ever experience. Every day they strive to pay you less in order to do the same job. I stopped two people from assaulting me while I was there. I've had four coworkers physically assault each other. I lost count of how many people that were fired or quit.
Pros
Always hiring.
Cons
Hot, dirty, unsafe, pay, hours
reduced wages and benefits increase turnover
Coil Winder (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 16, 2018
when i started at lincoln it was a tough place to work,but the pay and benefits made it worth it. over the last six years as the company has focused on global expansion, they have slashed pay and benefits for their workers. this has caused an alarming amount of turnover as workers have had more work added to their jobs and have had their pay reduced as much as sixty percent. lincoln has frozen the pension, the price of healthcare(you pay the full price out of what little bonus you still get) and high deductible alone drove away many long time workers. there are no paid holidays, sick time or personal days. often they will send workers home early during the week if it is slow, then bring them in on saturday for straight time. the attitude of most workers is now very negative. that along with the high turnover have impacted productivity and quality, the two things lincoln had championed for a hundred years.
Pay is decent
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Extremely racist company!!! Management is horrible and they don't know what they're doing. Hardest part of the job is being here. Most enjoyable part is clocking out. Everyone in the building is currently job hunting. Do NOT come here expecting a large bonus!!! Those days are long gone!!! The bonuses now are laughable!!!
Pros
Close to my house...
Cons
Pay is horrible compared to other companies where you do wayyyyyy less work and get paid more...
tough cut throat envirment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 5, 2018
if the management was better I could see working there. problems brought up were not addressed in a timely manner. a very visible disconnect with management. Also piece work and swing shifts calls for a tense culture. Mentor Plant is a better workplace with better General Managers.
Pros
pay
Cons
work hours
Very Professional
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2018
While in high school, I was an intern at Lincoln Electric in their HR department. An amazing environment and a great group of people to work with. My supervisor was really supportive and always there to help.
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 26, 2018
Good work environment, easy and relaxing
Easy to work without pressure
Never too strict and always very understanding management team. Definitely recommend
Low moral
Helper (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Raising make outs and lowering base rates makes it a terrible place to work. Swing shifts 6 days a week. Low retention of newer employees and senior employees bidding out of the department
Cons
No lunch breaks, swing shift
Fast Paced Evironment
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHJanuary 24, 2018
If you are a lazy person - do not apply.
Cutthroat environment due to the point based bonus
Pay is based on piecework
Great place for someone with no degree - excellent pay in that regard.
Pros
Great pay for someone with no to little education
Cons
Dirty, cutthroat, swingshift
I try to make all work safe and enjoyable .
Order Puller/Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2017
I start my day finding out what I am working on ,the type of orders
I have in the process telling everyone I see good morning. Then my day starts the only thing I have on my mind from that point on is
work . That what I leave home to do . I always try to make everyday
fun for me .Because at that time the test at hand is the only thing between me and time to go home.
Haven't been working long, but feel the bad vibe.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHDecember 12, 2017
Lincoln is a company that will build you up from the start then quickly shoot you down. The hours are long and shifts rotate weekly, so it is difficult to live a normal life.
Fast paced
Special Projects-Temporary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 30, 2017
Customer service consisting of answering phones, taking payments, starting and stopping of service. The worst part of the job was dealing with a lot of unhappy people when their service was disconnected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight