Lincoln Electric Employee Reviews in Euclid, OH

Work day at Lincoln Electric
Connector (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHJune 30, 2018
Start day with putting on all safety gear before coming up onto factory floor. Then I would check production sheets to see what's available or what's is scheduled to connect for the assybly lines.Check the prints for any changes.Then set up all necessary supplies and tools I need and start phasing and connecting stators.
Pros
Did pay very good
Cons
Doesn't pay very good now
Great place
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHMay 29, 2018
Is a good place to be great people Always new to learn and there was always something to do and work to get done always busy from when you get there till you leave
Workplace Culture
Forklift/material handler (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 29, 2018
Work, education, life style, discipline aka weld was the philosophy at Lincoln Electric for life and work. Customer appreciation was striven for as well as quality and procedural operations to better accommodate the consumer.
a lot of standing
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 5, 2018
the job is ok it's a lot of standing and you are very sore after a long day of ten hour shifts. They send you home sometimes when they don't have parts for your work area.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
paid by the pieces you make
Stay Away
HUMAN RESOURCE (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHMarch 28, 2018
Stay away, Until the Board of directors do something to eliminate the Managers or Directors that are driving negative moral this company is not worth working for.
Pros
New Cafeteria that is over priced
Cons
Management, Corporate leadeship, employee moral
Requires hard work
Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHMarch 15, 2018
Lincoln is a VERY a competitive place to work. Demanding hours and work schedule make it very hard to have a proper work/life balance. Overall it pays the bills but it is not for everybody!
Terrible
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Worst work enviroment you'll ever experience. Every day they strive to pay you less in order to do the same job. I stopped two people from assaulting me while I was there. I've had four coworkers physically assault each other. I lost count of how many people that were fired or quit.
Pros
Always hiring.
Cons
Hot, dirty, unsafe, pay, hours
reduced wages and benefits increase turnover
Coil Winder (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 16, 2018
when i started at lincoln it was a tough place to work,but the pay and benefits made it worth it. over the last six years as the company has focused on global expansion, they have slashed pay and benefits for their workers. this has caused an alarming amount of turnover as workers have had more work added to their jobs and have had their pay reduced as much as sixty percent. lincoln has frozen the pension, the price of healthcare(you pay the full price out of what little bonus you still get) and high deductible alone drove away many long time workers. there are no paid holidays, sick time or personal days. often they will send workers home early during the week if it is slow, then bring them in on saturday for straight time. the attitude of most workers is now very negative. that along with the high turnover have impacted productivity and quality, the two things lincoln had championed for a hundred years.
tough cut throat envirment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 5, 2018
if the management was better I could see working there. problems brought up were not addressed in a timely manner. a very visible disconnect with management. Also piece work and swing shifts calls for a tense culture. Mentor Plant is a better workplace with better General Managers.
Pros
pay
Cons
work hours
Fast Paced Evironment
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHJanuary 24, 2018
If you are a lazy person - do not apply.
Cutthroat environment due to the point based bonus
Pay is based on piecework
Great place for someone with no degree - excellent pay in that regard.
Pros
Great pay for someone with no to little education
Cons
Dirty, cutthroat, swingshift
Haven't been working long, but feel the bad vibe.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHDecember 12, 2017
Lincoln is a company that will build you up from the start then quickly shoot you down. The hours are long and shifts rotate weekly, so it is difficult to live a normal life.
Productivity is high and not alot of time to do it
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 19, 2017
It's a hard place to work if you have a hard job. If you have a good job the day goes by faster. No breaks only lunch and long hours. The schedule changes all the time.
Pros
Alot of work
Great place
St Clair Ave, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OH 44117October 31, 2017
Great place to work unfortunately i had a felony on my record so could not keep on the team i really regret that. i would love to still be there and working with the team
Pros
great pay good environment
Cons
very strict
Good money for hard work
Welder, Robot Operator, Assembly (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHOctober 11, 2017
Hours can be tuff good pay if you work hard piecework pay style co workers can stress you out quickly if you don’t catch on don’t get paid for holidays
Pros
Bounus
Excellent Corporate EHS Group in which I worked as a peer.
Environmental Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OH 44117September 25, 2017
The management at Lincoln Electric was superb!
The 2 managers who ran the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Department were top notch businessmen and EHS "gurus" that were fair to each and every EHS employee in the department (there were approximately 20).
The most enjoyable part of the job was having numerous peers in the EHS compliance realm from which one could go to for back up information and / or opinion.
Productive, well managed and maintained job with great benefits and the right people
PC Board Manufacturer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Lincoln Electric was one of the most fine tuned companies I have ever experienced in my career path. My day to day would mostly run flawlessly. We all know that sometimes the resources are not always available to fill the order. This can cause line downs, but you have to pull through and do the best with what is given to you. That's what gave us motivation to get it done. That is also the most gratifying. Happy customers mean happy companies which makes happy employees, and I was definitely one .
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, and workplace culture
Cons
Negativity and lack of quality from co-wokers
Lincoln is what you make it
Welder/Assembler/Robot Operator (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Lincoln is a fast paced and physical job (depending on which position you get). If you work hard and show up (they are big on attendance), you will be alright at this job.
a very under paid stressful job
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHAugust 26, 2017
I would not recommend working there, A very under paid and they don't care about the workers, they cut prices so bad you cant make it, the bonuses don't even cover medical insurance which now sucks
Was a great place to work years ago
Emergency Team Member (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHAugust 16, 2017
Was a fun place to work and make money years ago. Now I am one of the top techs and they will not let me advance my career because I am "too valueable. "Health care costs have gone through the roof. They have eliminated the pension. I had 1 raise in 4 years, yet I am one of the top techs
Pros
Bonus and more vacation based on length of service
Cons
Advancement opportunities limited and health care very expensive and got rid of pension
See below
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHAugust 16, 2017
This is one company which needs "collective bargaining" and the employer and employees would both benefit with this change. Disgusting and draining work environment and with this said it my hopes Lincoln Electric remains part of NE Ohio manufacturing. It is time for a Union!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight