Lincoln Electric
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

Working at Lincoln Electric in Euclid, OH: Employee Reviews

Euclid, OH130 reviews

electricbonuspieceworkswingpiecerotateshiftwelding

Easy work great atmosphere Cafeteria on site big bonus plenty of parking the benefits are okay but they leave alot to be desired it definitely a company you can join with the intention on staying and retiring

It’s great especially if you don’t have kids

It’s a great place to work as far as hours and pay. Having kids who get sick seems to bring a great deal of complaints from management. The starting pay rate is good and it’s easy to get a raise. There is a very relaxed uniform. People seem very helpful with training.

Pros

Vending machines

Cons

Not great for parents without help

Lincoln Electric insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

It's a job

Work was soul crushing, pay was meh. Managers always on about something. Rotating shifts makes life difficult. I heard this company used to be good but that was a long time ago.

Production

Work load isn't balance no hours schedule 10 hour shifts but send you home if you put in pto have to use 10 hours even if your only working 6 pluse have to earn Vacation so if you get no hours you don't get vacation

Pros

No lay offs people quite

Cons

Pay no hours low bonus piece work.

Just a great company

My boss in the clean room is able to balance being supportive while also being professional. Plenty of benefits, plenty of good people. Pay is fair. I am grateful to work here.

Pros

Support, safety, clean, diverse, always learning something

Cons

Long hours, hectic schedules

Not for skilled trade

If you're in a skilled trade don't bother. This company does not respect the trades nor do they appreciate the time and effort it takes to perform these jobs and their pay rates reflect this.

Overall a good place to work there are ups and downs with any job. Pay depends on where you are placed. Assembly Can be a bit stressful and very physical.

The money was pretty good with a great bonus program if you can put up with the supervision constantly breathing down your neck.

I wouldn’t recommend working here if your a parent. I would go weeks without seeing my children(that lives with me) due to the swing shift. Also during the pandemic workers would get sick and call off for days at a time, turning an 8hr shift into 12hr shift. And I would get penalized for not being able/willing to stay over 4hours

Pros

Free water and Gatorade during summer months

Cons

Short breaks, expensive healthcare insurance, hi tension work environment, mandating shifts

Work a ton. Get paid. You have to be married to Lincoln to work there.

Entry level back in 2013. Did not disclose work was contract to hire until job offer. That policy has changed. Temp for 7 months. They don't lay people off, they just cut people loose when the economy tanks. It's hot. It's dirty. I cleared 70k in 2018. Mandatory overtime and Saturdays, so Zero work life balance. Safety culture. Piecework in theory. Out of parts constantly and have to beg for hourly pay. The bonus is nothing if you opt in for health insurance. If you're unskilled, don't have a family, and want to make a nice living, Lincoln is a good place to start.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Heat. Management. Life work balance. Health insurance is a joke. Have to argue to get paid.

Machine Repair Technician

Lincoln electric is a company that cares more about who you know than how hard you actually work. Many employees slack off and get more of a bonus than the ones who have to pick up the extra slack. The bonus is mostly given by how much you are liked and in order to work their you have to act like you breathe, eat and sleep Lincoln electric.

Pros

Paid training

Cons

Terrible management

I would not recommend this job to anyone they switch your schedule without warning and they don’t promote very often they also stopped giving out good bonuses

Not knowing how to deal with covid-19 hurt this company. They have hired too many employees with not enough work.You will be penalized for not having any work to do.

Pros

Cons

Revolving door for employment

I don't care for the culture

The culture is very old school. People only care about themselves and the company really doesn't seem to care. It was a bit misleading about the pay.

High pressure and lack of support

The money is excellent, especially the bonus, but middle and upper management do not support their lower management team. When you put a plan together, it's questioned as if it's insufficient. If the plan doesn't work, you're blamed for it and not supported in revising the plan. You're just left on your own.

Work hard get paid

Great company for a young worker that's hungry to make money. Bad company for a worker that is older and not so hungry to make money. Hard to balance work and life with rotating shifts.

Pros

Bonus every year that gets smaller and smaller.

Cons

Will never pay out like the yesteryears.

the employees are great fun

i love my place of work the employyes make the time fly and teamwork is at an all time high the supervisor is completely understanding and they all are like family

Cons

on your feet alot

Bonus

Most decisions about you your career if a person of color could be pointless. pay and bonus are great but you could be mislead on a daily basis pendin

Nice pay, didn't like the management and the employers treated me terrible most of the time.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Lincoln Electric is terriblePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Lincoln Electric are excellentJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Lincoln Electric, I think you can lose your job very easily.

Not the same Lincoln

piece work is bad you never make money. People have you do there jobs and tell you its yours. Heath care take out of the bonus check and if your check dont cover yes you have to pay. The check really only paying you back from the day they send you home do to lack of work or parts. They make you use PTO for summer shutdown. Its like an oven in there. Its a dirty place everyone mean.. Only place thats nice is lunch room and office. There never any bosses around . They have a goofy way to pay you. They say you make ur base thats high but you never get it. You have to get whats called a Lincoln dollar if you do then you can make money but new hire will never if your line make a Lincoln dollar you have to spilt it up oj how many guy worked with you so somedays you will make 8.00 sole days you can make more. Co workers will tell on you so you lose points and they can get more. Its piece work so you will see guys go in bottles so they dont have to take to much time .You will leave work hating your self and you body will hate you. Trust me dont apply

Pros

The lunch room beautiful office woman

Cons

They pit people against eachother and look down on women

When you start, they'll tell you there's no tolerance for bullying, harassment, discrimination, etc. Unfortunately this is false and there's a huge bias against women, at least in my department. If your male coworker stalks you on social media, they don't care. If one touches you, they don't care. If you need help, they don't care. They also foster a tattle tale environment and reward you for ratting eachother out. They don't bother to check the validity of the claims so once people target you, its only a matter of time before you're fired. If youre injured at work, rest assure that they will blame you for it and will not fix whatever situation brought about the injury. Youll be held accountable no matter what happened.Since ive been here, my hours have been docked and my pay has been cut. Lincoln doesn't do much to make sure the correct hours are reported and you're paid correctly and Unfortunately its hard to tell when you ARE being shorted because your rate of pay changes from week to week.I would never in good faith, reccomend anyone ever work here. The company has been in decline for the last 5yrs when the CEO changed and women especially are vulnerable.

Pros

Yearly bonus

Cons

unsafe work space, rotating shifts, discrimination, poor management

The company do not support minority engineers.

The culture is the total opposite of inclusion. The manager did not support me as a supervisor to delegate tasks to the staff. Instead he supported their refusal to do their job. I was the first minority supervisor that department had ever had and the staff refused to have a minority tell them what to do. The company supports backstabbing... the bonus system promotes crabs in a bucket behavior.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Lincoln Electric with

Learn about Lincoln Electric in Euclid, OH

Studying at Lincoln Electric

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews

Lincoln Electric reviews by popular job title

• Lincoln Electric