Lincoln Financial Group
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Lincoln Financial Group Employee Reviews

United States1,107 reviews

Found 1,107 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,119 reviews

Hie paced environment with a lot of training sessions.

Fast paced work place in which one is required to market everyday in order to acquire new clients and to service current clients. The hardest part of the job was writing financial plans.

Pros

Solving client financial and investment problems

Cons

Paying for office space and supplies.

Over worked but a stable company to be at

Working in the contact center had to be the worst job I’ve ever been in. The que would constantly be high and we still had metrics to Adhere to that was very unrealistic and unreasonable. Working there you don’t really feel like you have a place but rather is just a number. Work culture/value feels fake. This place was a total detriment to my mental health and ruined any chances of me wanting to work at a call center ever again

Pros

Good benefits and employees

Cons

Higher management, time off etc

Lincoln Financial Group insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Choose Wisely

You would be hard pressed to find a job as draining as this one. The call volumes are always high, you are worked from the second you clock in until the second you clock out. Micromanagement is rampant, you are constantly being watched monitored to see how “productive” you are. You are pushed to “cross-train” on several different products with outdated systems and difficult customers for a minimal pay increase. If you’re going to take this job then get in, make the right connections, and get yourself to a new department as soon as you’re eligible to do so. Do not take internal promotions that lock you in for another 6 months or another year. Seriously, get out. Although from what I’ve heard the grass is typically not greener when it comes to just about anywhere within Lincoln. I left about 2 years ago and have never looked back.

Good corporate culture of caring

This company is seeing lots of recent changes, but it is best known for its long history, national presence, and strong corporate culture.Promoting diversity and giving to your community are common themes.It has silos of operations, so at the corporate offices, you’d focus on retirement plans, life insurance, annuities, or health insurance/long term care. Independent agents service individual investment accounts for Lincoln Financial Advisors, which is separate from the corporation. It generally offers investment products of affiliated money managers so it is at the mercy of their performance, although it is good at managing risk.

Pros

Employees are typically good people

Cons

Everything is tracked and measured

Decent place to work

Good for an entry level position. Pay is low for insurance in this area, so not somewhere to stay. Good to gain some experience and knowledge and then maybe go elsewhere

Mentally draining

LFG has great benefits for their employees. That’s the only positive. The calls are back to back with no time in between to regroup. Training was not thorough and did not set us up to succeed. Metrics and Adherence were unrealistic.

Don’t waste your time

No growth, stay in the same position until you leave. Poor compensation. Management doesn’t help with career advancement. Don’t waste your time unless recent grad.

Over worked and under paid

Is all about who you know, and not about your work ethics. They don't promote the hard workers, just use them in the same position to do more work, train and mentior with promises of promotion.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling

Cons

Lincoln is a good company to work at if you are not an eager beaver. They pay well and seem to care about the employee in general. Just stay the course and don’t step outside your lane and you will do fine.

It’s OK, not a horrible place to work

Caseloads are overwhelming, some support from management not very consistent. They expect you to take calls like a call center, manage your 200+ cases, and call your claimants back all in a days job. Great 401(k) benefits and PTO hours. Pretty diversed and good job security.

Typical Corporate Brown Nosing Company

Not a horrible company but not outstanding either. If you want to get promoted it's very much who you know and who you are buddies with. Being a hard worker and being good at your job is completely irrelevant when compared to whether or not the bosses like you.

Pros

A decent amount of paid holidays

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities

Good for the most part

Good for the most part. Good pay, has benefits, virtual work available, managers are okay. Nice in office environment. People are kind, security in the building.

Productive fun bonus

I loved the company and all the benefits that came with it it was a great experience working for the company I would like to come back one day if possible

Unclear career pathsUnfocused development opportunitiesFriendly culture

Limited advancement opportunities.Culture does not account for past work experiences you bring into the company. Fast paced environment with too many initiatives that don't stick. Too many top leadership changes in short time frames.

Stressful job with no work/life balance

This company will degrade you. They preach work/life balance to get you through the door but it’s anything but. They made me out to be a bad employee for prioritizing my family AFTER work hours. They also have no problems replacing you with outsourcing. They do not care about you.

It’s ok

It’s ok. Has its challenges. Most definitely not a place I plan to stay forever. Just like every other phone job. Callers are always mad. Turnover is high

Leadership Lacking

As a large corporation, LFG offers opportunities for talented and ambitious people to make a successful career even starting at an entry-level position. There’s lots of different work going on, and lots of different skills required. However, upper management has failed to implement a successful strategy for navigating high turnover and recruitment shortages, and there is a lack of genuine commitment to talent development.

Pros

Very good benefits, work from home

Cons

Managers in claims/call center are inadequately prepared, unreasonable expectations for front-line staff

Good if you like working in a call center

The pay was low and QA needs some improvement which my manager at the time was working on as the scores were not consistent. Overall, it is an easy job. Just be nice and empathetic to the callers.

Janky

LFG taught me how the insurance business really works, it’s a cold place. You really have to have no heart to work here. I took calls for the disability, critical illness and accident claims and also tax calls.. At first we trained on disability then they crossed trained without pay for CI and Acc. It was highly stressful. I tried to move up in the company even switch to a different department that took calls. But there was no advancement. My numbers were great but I felt like my manager was very controlling. Claims barely were paid out. 80% of my calls were claims that were not paid. They are really understaffed die got he high lever of stress. The benefits are A1 though. They really should pay more as well

Confidence in employees can be beneficial yet challenging

Culture and responsibilities provide employees the opportunity to showcase their abilities and capabilities. For those that thrive in complex environments, this can be phenomenal. For others it can prove more turbulent, trying, and revealing.

Horrible culture, only few “climb the ladder.” No boundaries with personal/after work hours and very unprofessional management.

I would never recommend anyone to work for Lincoln Financial. They have a great brand name and reputation, but the internal culture is horrible, very high turnover and overall distrust of their employees. They only provide resources to certain staff depending on position and manager. Very hard to move up or to a different team. Expectations are very high for below-average compensation and there is no regard for personal time. Only those “favorites” are promoted, regardless of work ethic or job performance.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Everything, they don’t even supply coffee to the floors where interns sit or if you’re not executive level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight