Lincoln Financial Employee Reviews

Lincoln Financial Advisors. More than just stocks
Bilingual Management and customer service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2018
Bilingual management and customer service for large multimillion dollar financial company. Administrative assistant to CEO. Sales, evaluation of systems, meeting quotas, ordering supplies. Monitoring trend of investments for clients to assure positive outcome. Translation and retentions. Ideas for growth while including senior policies of company
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Good Company just too many changes too often
Sr Admin Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
The company has been going through a lot of changes in the last several years. It makes it hard to do your job effectively when there are changes, sometimes on a daily basis, and consistency is an issue also.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Stress
Lincoln offered an abundance of educational opportunities
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 1, 2018
Lincoln was a fast paced, fun and rewarding place to work. They offered .incentives, further education opportunities, and a promote from within atmosphere
Pros
Educational opportunities
Autonomy
Manager, Territory Management (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 28, 2018
Management was never around. I thought this was giving me autonomy until my position was eliminated out of the blue-management didn't know enough about what I was doing to fight to keep me.
Great Team to work with
Catering Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
There is a great team in Place at Lincoln Financial Field and the Eagles are a great client to work with. They treat you as if you work with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Lincoln is a Great Company
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 27, 2018
The reason I left is because we had a new manager and she wanted me to work more hours. That was not what I wanted so I felt it was time to leave and I retired.
Pros
Great Company for Diversity and Inclusion
Cons
Fun environment with ever changing roll descriptions.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 22, 2018
My day would consist of checking emails and taking calls from Plan Participants, Retirement Consultants, Third Party Administrators, and Plan Adminstrators. I would provide the paperwork and forms to facilitate loans, distributions, and audits. I would also work with updating new plan documents.
relaxed environment
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 21, 2018
working for Lincoln is a very team oriented environment, the people are always ready to help when needed and management always has an open door policy
If your good with poeple its a great job t have
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2018
Working at Lincoln Financial was a great place to work great environment great staff all supervisors was good to work with at all events meeting folks
Pros
Met alot of intresting poeple while working there from diffrent backrounds
Lincoln Financial Advisors
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 19, 2018
Very good company. Wide variety of products available. Good staff. Other reps were good to work with. Good technology tools and support. Very competitive compensation compared to the industry.
Pros
Nice offices and good parking
Cons
traffic to and from

Want to know more about Lincoln Financial?

Ask a question
Outsourcing jobs to India
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 16, 2018
The environment is very noisy and Lincoln provides little to no training. Outsourcing jobs to a foreign country rather than keeping them in the USA goes against what I believe in and what the president is trying to accomplish.

There is no clear path for growth or career development.
Case Manager
Complex Disability Case Manager I (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 14, 2018
I answer phone calls from claimants. Manage STD claims. Reach out for initial interviews and reach out to doctor offices to obtain information needed for the claim and to obtain medical records.
productive work place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
this job kept me busy and on my feet. I enjoyed working here. the supervisors and my other coworkers were great. I looked forward to going to work here everyday
An overall positive working environment
Financial Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 10, 2018
Most of the work entailed filling out documents for clients on the computer and preparing them for signatures. When more information was needed from clients, I would communicate directly with them. I also did this to follow up with them on service requests. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Lincoln's back office and other financial companies to make sure requests were processed. I learned about the many requirements involved in completing requests and how to communicate these to clients, especially if the situations were complex and/or if time-frames turned out longer than initially expected. The hardest part was dealing with general frustration when companies would ask for additional requirements to complete requests, even though I asked for all requirements up front. The work environment was the most enjoyable. I got along with everyone in the office and felt comfortable asking for help or advice when I needed it.
Pros
available resources for learning, comfortable environment, good pay
Cons
sitting at a desk all day, slow internet network, sometimes unhelpful representatives
Productive but relaxed environment
Benefits Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Relaxed enjoyable work environment. Day two work days are the same. Will be sure to learn something NEW EVERYDAY! There are many different aspects of the position and company for one to learn, and the willingness to help one learn is great.
Lincoln Review
Senior Debt Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 8, 2018
Lincoln was not a great place to work. There was minimal career advancement unless you were in senior management. The culture is cold and unfriendly. As an example if you said good morning most of time you would get no response. They claim to be change agents in the industry, but when it is time to actually make changes, it is resisted by employees and managers.

Managers also stay in their position unless let go or promoted. That practice created a culture of bias, no promotions unless they liked you. and the managers in these positions created several road blocks to implement change.

Benefits increased substantially. We had to pay for parking, insurance premiums increased, they implemented healthy living programs that were created to promote healthy living, but if you did not adopt the program then additional fees would be added to your healthcare plan.
Dont bother
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 31, 2018
Liberty Mutual (LM) was just bought by Lincoln and the reason they are trying to hire so many case managers is because every other day someone has quit. This role is in a call center environment. Management is a joke. Managers discuss potential new hires negatively among employees, incredibly unprofessional. Mentors, senior employees and management gossip like they are in high school. Every single employee in this department dislikes the job. Nothing good to say about this place other than the 401k plan is great. Was employed with LM for three months, was an awful experience. Keep searching!
Pros
401 plan
Cons
half hour break, miserable employees, unqualified mgmt, on and on
A different experience than expected
Manager, Claims (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2018
Overall just an average place to work. They are behind in technology in a big way and they are just starting to embrace D&I which most companies embraced in the 90's.
HR allows the front line employees to talk to managers any kind of way with no repercussions. They also need to be more transparent to the staff. The lack of transparency caused discord amongst the front line staff and management. Upper management was always reacting instead of being proactive.
Not all procedures are documented and they operate on the premise of "we have always done it that way". Most areas lack effective trainers and they are missing the mark when it comes to their contact center. They continue not to invest in the most important piece that is the back bone of the company. None of their call center representatives have the proper training to service customers or agents. You cannot hire folks and read their training to them and then put them on the phone...not effective at all.
The company has a career path that they just developed a few years ago and most areas are just starting to develop their own. I think a lot of staff still do not understand it.
Pros
Benefits, some great mangers, pay
Cons
HR doesn't support managers, technology, career advancement
Overall good place to work
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2018
The finance department works hard, but they don't typically require crazy hours. They also encourage participation in quarterly social events. They are making many technology improvements resulting in more and more layoffs.
Pros
Hours and social events
Cons
Fear of layoffs
It was all who you knew
Investment Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 26, 2018
The broker dealer at Lincoln Financial is no longer in Concord due to poor management. The company did not hire those who were qualified, but rather, those who knew or were friends with the top managers.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss