Lincoln Financial Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Life
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed every day at Lincoln. The management strives to make each person successful. I would definitely go back to Lincoln. Great benefits and great work life balance.
Pros
Promotions, Positive Environment
The work/personal life balance was good.
Operations Administrator, Advisor Based Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2018
The compensation was not at the top; but the other compensation categories rated above the average offered options in comparison to other local industries. The retirement matches and PTO are above average in comparison to other local jobs seeking employment in the area.
Pros
Pto, retirement matching
Typical Day Work
LTD Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Very Busy. Management is nice. Promoting form within could use work. Depending on the position and the office, could work out well. I enjoy it for the most part.
Productive place to work
Dental Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2018
Lincoln Financial was ok to work at, but hard to advance internally. Company promoted health but you don't have much available to get up and stretch your legs
Pros
Quiet, pay is ok, nice cafeteria
Cons
Not much exercise opportunities
Productive- The Swag is Awesome
Accounts Receivable II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
The culture at Lincoln is so diverse. There are many social events that go on here that you are encouraged to participate. However, don't stay away from your desk for more than 15 minutes.
The people for the most part are friendly.

The micromanagement is way over the top. They keep saying you are all adults but before you can research and respond to an email they are on your back for an answer. Depending on the department you are in everything is timed. You have X amount of minutes to work in a queue and you have to get a specific amount done in that time frame or you get in trouble for not meeting the numbers.
Pros
Flex hours, work remotely, social events, jeans everyday
Cons
Micromanagement, Stressful
Job was okay
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2018
Liked the company, hated the managers. Every time you outperform, all you've done is raised the bar to become the new floor, and if you have a down quarter, they're on your case asking you why you can't perform miracles all day
Relaxed and Comfortable workplace with no forward movement or real sense of accomplishment
Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2018
The job was boring, dull, and unimportant. You do the same thing every single day which can be nice but boring. You never really need to talk to anyone during the day which makes it stress-free but lonely and isolating. There really is no forward movement here. It's okay for a temporary job but I want out more than anything else.
Pros
Stress-free and easy
Cons
Boring, pay is low, no sense of accomplishment
Overall Excellent
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 2, 2018
During the 15 years I was at Lincoln Financial Group, it was mainly a great experience. The managers I supported really strove to train you well and were stellar performers in their field of expertise. I felt encouraged and supported and was able to excel in my field. I have a lot of great memories and skills from my time there.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
One rogue manager
Productive and Fun Place
Life Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 28, 2018
Learned the art of Underwriting
Industry leading thought processes and a dedication to serving the consumer with great customer service and products
Great mentors to help you learn and grow
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Pay
Culture of Diversity
Senior Claims Examiner, Absence Management (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2018
Lincoln has a culture where you will either thrive and attach to a click, or you will sink as an outsider. that being said, their culture of diversity is one of the more accepting i've seen in an organization.
Pros
Offered Lunch
Cons
short Staffed

Want to know more about Lincoln Financial?

Ask a question
Free coffe all day!
Short Term Disability Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 23, 2018
Overall Lincoln financial is a great place to work. Everyone there is extremely nice and very helpful. Work life balance is a very important to Lincoln financial and they strive to maintain
Implementation Partner
Implementation Partner - Director (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 22, 2018
Fast-paced. Lots of phone and email correspondence. Document review. Plan implementation. Training of clients and financial advisors. Company culture is great. Most enjoyable part of my job is sales support.
Pros
remote position
Cons
very disorganized. Infrastructure for remote employees could be improved.
not my thing
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2018
working at the football stadium was not fun for me because I didn't like standing for long hours in extreme hot or cold weather. you definitely have to wear proper footwear for them long hours
Great manager - great team - work/life balance is hard
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2018
Love working for this company - the only downfall is the work/life balance - I have worked in the insurance industry for over 20 years - 4th quarter I was used to - however, in this role 4th quarter didn't seem to end until June. Was very very hard on my personal life. Needed a change - have always wanted to get into education and will be pursuing that option
Pros
great team - good pay - good benefits
Cons
work life balance is hard
Fun workplace environment if you like concerts and football.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2018
Working there was fine, no big issues with management. Did not see a big area of opportunity to "work up the ladder". Very competitive and faced-paced environment.
Pros
Faced-paced environment
Cons
Stressful job
Enjoyable work experience
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Strong work culture that encourages individual work processes with little collaboration. Self directed workers will flourish. Pace of work distribution can vary dramatically based on time of year and management changes.
Pros
stock options, paid time off
Cons
Poor technology standards, applications.
Typical day
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 13, 2018
Lincoln days vary depending on department and management. The typical day is 8-5 with a lunch break and 2 breaks. Beautiful campus with great walking trails and a gym.
Great
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYAugust 7, 2018
This was a great company to work for. They are laid back. They have a great management team and staff and goals that need to be reached by the bank. They are family oriented.
Good company
Head of Broker Dealer and Field Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
Good company to work for as a parent... The company focuses of developing products that are well suited for the average american, and at an affordable price
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
It was a typical intern job. Go get coffee, send out mass emails, take packages to the post office, etc. I didn't learn much when I did my internship but I don't think that should reflect on the company as a whole.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss