Lincoln Financial Employee Reviews

Amazing Part-Time Job
Game Day Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2018
I love this job. It is a wonderful opportunity to network and meet new and interesting people. The schedule was flexible and they are very understanding.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Enjoyed mailing room and did not care so much for the underwriting portion of Lincoln Life
Underwriter - New Business Associate in Annuities (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 14, 2018
Enjoyed working at Lincoln Life. I liked the mailing department, did not enjoy underwriting as much - was trained six weeks and then laid off. The people and workplace were very nice.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Large Company with good work balance
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, neNovember 12, 2018
Worked with multiple people across a large campus who were very receptive to any assistance needed. Company has a good reputation for working and giving back to the community.
Liked the job, not too hot on the management.
Sales Support Specialist (2) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 10, 2018
I worked at this job for over three years. Actually, they were purchased by Lincoln near the end of my time there so I can't really say I worked for Lincoln but more for the other company. It was casual and most of the people in the office came from the MidWest. At the end, though, they had some efficiency 'experts' come in and have us make spreadsheets on how we spent every minute of every day and they found out they didn't like how much time we spent on the phone with the underwriters, who were a major part of our job! It was so much noise so they could justify not paying us any more - or any over time. I walked.
Pros
Casual atmosphere. Friendly people.
Cons
Too much stress. Too much work for 40 hour work weeks, but that's what they wanted.
good place for sophomores
Tableau Dashboard and SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 7, 2018
Learned a lot and was laid back. Good experience and everyone is friendly and I'd prefer anyone i know into the company. Initiation of new Ideas with growing business
Great retirement investment company
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
Great structured company. Average pay without bonuses. Enjoyed assisting customers with information regarding new and established retirement accounts.
Good Company
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 24, 2018
Nothing really bad to say about the company. I enjoyed my time there but I couldn't get out of my department due to turnover. Really miss the people there
It is a great place to work if you can network
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 24, 2018
I would recommend this job to someone outgoing. I am not an outgoing person at work. I failed to network a lot and it was a lot harder for me to advance in my career due to that. However, they have great benefits and they do try to show appreciation to workers. It will be hard to find a place that spoils a worker on this level.
Pros
work from home, benefits, hours
Cons
must network, poor management
You have to be good with office politics.
Web Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 21, 2018
I was in the call center, the customers can be very abusive with no one to back you up, there is lots of office politics you have to be very careful you don't upset any one or they just might fire you on the spot.
Pros
good pay, great benifits
Cons
have to be good a office politics.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Project / Release Manager - Business (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 20, 2018
Flexible work environment. Mostly remote working culture. Wonderful place to work. Offers great benefits. Great supervisors and mentors. In general amazing place to work.
Was a descent job
Worksite Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2018
Was there for 3 yrs, people were friendly, management was clicky and demeaning at times. Did not feel appreciated and quit. Nothing more to say regarding my tenure here.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management stunk
Stressful with no benefits
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 15, 2018
They had a great work life balance with plenty of flexibility, but that was offered to offset the lack of salary and benefits. They required that I become licensed with FINRA but then never used my training or licenses. There was no revenue sharing and the work environment was often uncomfortable with egos clashing and passive aggressive behavior.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits except a 3% match on a Simple IRA
You got to love sports
Event Gameday Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2018
This part time position should be a full time job for the hours you put in for a couple times a month. I was never given any job awards for being there 11 seasons and i didnt intend to stay after the Super Bowl win. Another job that is supposed to be fun but you dont make the money you should for all the gruntwork depending on the department you work for.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, shuttle to an from Novacare
Cons
low pay, no guarantee of advancement, no real benefits
Unclear direction and support.
Disability Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTOctober 10, 2018
Part of acquisition, we were originally told there would be no office closures only to be advised of a location closure plan shortly after. Management constantly working to play catch up as directives announced with no clear action plan in place.
Practice Management
Senior Advisor Consultant, AdviceNext (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2018
Providing guidance and support to Lincoln Financial Advisors in various ways of Practice Management. Work closely with Advisors and their staff in order to promote Lincoln as a Broker Dealer of choice in the Independent Broker Dealer Market.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Management and Culture
Sales Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
Istarted at the company and management was very disorganized and the other workers in the department were too busy to assist in training. I felt like an outsider and was treated badly and felt very uncomfortable
benefits
Cons
Strict work ours, micro management, work environment
Productive and a good place to work for
Leave Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2018
This is a company that will help you advance and it you learn how to overcome any challenges. I would recommend this company to anyone that is interested in being challenged.
Supervisor, Treasury Operations (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 3, 2018
In my most recent position in Treasury Operations, we printed out our assigned accounts' daily activity, pulled the ledger activity from the G.G.I.S. system, and proceeded with the matching process. Any outstanding items were further researched in the G.G.I.S.system and any necessary journal ledgers were completed.

I was responsible for handling returned items, sometimes requiring notification to the customer. My department handled the Abandoned Property ledgers, as well.

I learned how to utilize my Accounting degree in the daily reconciliations of my assigned accounts. I also had to review variances in the monthly and year-end reports, often requiring consultations with the Actuarial Dept. or other departments as necessary. Communications with other departments was required on a daily basis.

Management was always available should issues arise.

Because the company had a program where they would cover the equivalent of a public university's tuition if an employee maintained a C average or above, I was able to take advantage of that for myself in enrolling in the evening degree program at High Point University. I passed this information on to several of my co-workers and they took advantage of the same grant program I had that then picked up almost all of the remaining tuition after the student paid the first 4 months tuition.

We had a wonderful cafeteria employees could take advantage of.

While the work was pretty structured, employees still had the flexibility to structure their day as it worked best for them.

The hardest part of the job for me was that
  more... Lincoln Financial purchased several companies, whose employees were then terminated. The Treasury Operations Dept. was given all of their accounts, which took some time to get their transactions flowing properly into our accounting system. I was salaried, so I found myself working many hours overtime, often taking work home. I finally realized that I could function better if I didn't take work home. I would be more refreshed and better able to work through the many outstanding items.

Vacation was earned with years of employment and I actually had five weeks of vacation prior to leaving the company.

Through my career at Jefferson Pilot/Lincoln Financial, my managers were always very supportive and promoted me through the ranks. I took every opportunity I was given to take company sponsored courses, like the L.O.M.A. insurance courses and supervisory development classes.

I made lasting friendships that have continued since I left Lincoln Financial. Overall, it was a very good company to work for.
Educational
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NCSeptember 30, 2018
Fast pace high volume.I really enjoyed the team work and the people. TC team worked as a unit shared team. Truly the example of team work. I enjoyed the entire work atmosphere at Lincoln.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Paid for parking
Great company
Short-term Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30328September 28, 2018
Love the hours, the pay is much higher then other companies. They do a lot to keep us happy..my co workers are very helpful, the managers are doing their best to stabilize the workload.
Pros
The hours
Cons
Need more help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss