Lincoln Financial Employee Reviews

No Advancement
Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 3, 2019
After leaving Lincoln, my immediate supervisor was let go which may have cleared up the issues that I have with the company. I was not given to proper tools to advance within the company that likes the promote from within. Other than that, Lincoln was one of the best companies that I've ever worked for. The people were happy and the benefits were amazing.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No opportunities for advancement
Liked the job, not too hot on the management.
Sales Support Specialist (2) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 10, 2018
I worked at this job for over three years. Actually, they were purchased by Lincoln near the end of my time there so I can't really say I worked for Lincoln but more for the other company. It was casual and most of the people in the office came from the MidWest. At the end, though, they had some efficiency 'experts' come in and have us make spreadsheets on how we spent every minute of every day and they found out they didn't like how much time we spent on the phone with the underwriters, who were a major part of our job! It was so much noise so they could justify not paying us any more - or any over time. I walked.
Pros
Casual atmosphere. Friendly people.
Cons
Too much stress. Too much work for 40 hour work weeks, but that's what they wanted.
Stressful with no benefits
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 15, 2018
They had a great work life balance with plenty of flexibility, but that was offered to offset the lack of salary and benefits. They required that I become licensed with FINRA but then never used my training or licenses. There was no revenue sharing and the work environment was often uncomfortable with egos clashing and passive aggressive behavior.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits except a 3% match on a Simple IRA
It is a great place to work if you can network
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 24, 2018
I would recommend this job to someone outgoing. I am not an outgoing person at work. I failed to network a lot and it was a lot harder for me to advance in my career due to that. However, they have great benefits and they do try to show appreciation to workers. It will be hard to find a place that spoils a worker on this level.
Pros
work from home, benefits, hours
Cons
must network, poor management
You got to love sports
Event Gameday Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2018
This part time position should be a full time job for the hours you put in for a couple times a month. I was never given any job awards for being there 11 seasons and i didnt intend to stay after the Super Bowl win. Another job that is supposed to be fun but you dont make the money you should for all the gruntwork depending on the department you work for.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, shuttle to an from Novacare
Cons
low pay, no guarantee of advancement, no real benefits
do not wish to provide review
Tier 1 Associate Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 18, 2019
There are many job opportunities and I do not want to provide just one view of the jobs at Lincoln. There is a variety of jobs requiring many different skills and the company is dedicated to providing an excellent customer experience.
Pros
Great culture and wonerful co-workers
Cons
Not as flexible as some companies, but they are working on it.
Customer Service
Claims Examiner, STD (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
In a fast pace work environment, Lincoln Financial Group is dedicated to the type of service it's customers receives. They provide a friendly and caring work environment that is exemplified through it's employees. This culture is transferred to it's customers by providing them with a caring and pleasant customer service experience.
Productive, supportive, teamwork, customer focused
Service processor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 5, 2019
I love my job and my team. I wish I had started working there many years ago. I enjoy Daya entry and keeping demographics updated is important to make sure agents are paid properly.
Pros
Full cafeteria, opportunity to advance, great culture
Cons
Pressure to advance, some inconsistency between teams.
Productive- The Swag is Awesome
Accounts Receivable II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
The culture at Lincoln is so diverse. There are many social events that go on here that you are encouraged to participate. However, don't stay away from your desk for more than 15 minutes.
The people for the most part are friendly.

The micromanagement is way over the top. They keep saying you are all adults but before you can research and respond to an email they are on your back for an answer. Depending on the department you are in everything is timed. You have X amount of minutes to work in a queue and you have to get a specific amount done in that time frame or you get in trouble for not meeting the numbers.
Pros
Flex hours, work remotely, social events, jeans everyday
Cons
Micromanagement, Stressful
Relaxed and Comfortable workplace with no forward movement or real sense of accomplishment
Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2018
The job was boring, dull, and unimportant. You do the same thing every single day which can be nice but boring. You never really need to talk to anyone during the day which makes it stress-free but lonely and isolating. There really is no forward movement here. It's okay for a temporary job but I want out more than anything else.
Pros
Stress-free and easy
Cons
Boring, pay is low, no sense of accomplishment

Want to know more about Lincoln Financial?

Ask a question
Great opportunity for someone just starting out in the insurance workforce.
Registered Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 30, 2018
This would be a great place for someone who enjoys working in a
call center. Great opportunity for someone just starting out in the insurance workforce.
Pros
insurance knowledge
Cons
very restrictive breaks (time sensitive)
Enjoyed mailing room and did not care so much for the underwriting portion of Lincoln Life
Underwriter - New Business Associate in Annuities (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 14, 2018
Enjoyed working at Lincoln Life. I liked the mailing department, did not enjoy underwriting as much - was trained six weeks and then laid off. The people and workplace were very nice.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Claims Dept Determined to See You Quit or Be Stuck in Claims Forever
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
There is no room for advancement. If you are one of the lucky few to get out of claims, life might be better. Don't expect to ever make over $50,000 handling claims. You will receive threats of violence from claimants and managers DO NOT CARE.
The work/personal life balance was good.
Operations Administrator, Advisor Based Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2018
The compensation was not at the top; but the other compensation categories rated above the average offered options in comparison to other local industries. The retirement matches and PTO are above average in comparison to other local jobs seeking employment in the area.
Pros
Pto, retirement matching
Great manager - great team - work/life balance is hard
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2018
Love working for this company - the only downfall is the work/life balance - I have worked in the insurance industry for over 20 years - 4th quarter I was used to - however, in this role 4th quarter didn't seem to end until June. Was very very hard on my personal life. Needed a change - have always wanted to get into education and will be pursuing that option
Pros
great team - good pay - good benefits
Cons
work life balance is hard
Not a great place to work
Senior Long Term Disability Case Manager I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 27, 2018
This company acquired my previous employer in May. The transition has been terrible a complete and udder lack of transparency. Their have been multiple broken promises and a few outright lies.
Pros
reasonable compensation
Cons
overworked and undervalued
Overall Excellent
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 2, 2018
During the 15 years I was at Lincoln Financial Group, it was mainly a great experience. The managers I supported really strove to train you well and were stellar performers in their field of expertise. I felt encouraged and supported and was able to excel in my field. I have a lot of great memories and skills from my time there.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
One rogue manager
You have to be good with office politics.
Web Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 21, 2018
I was in the call center, the customers can be very abusive with no one to back you up, there is lots of office politics you have to be very careful you don't upset any one or they just might fire you on the spot.
Pros
good pay, great benifits
Cons
have to be good a office politics.
Management and Culture
Sales Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
Istarted at the company and management was very disorganized and the other workers in the department were too busy to assist in training. I felt like an outsider and was treated badly and felt very uncomfortable
benefits
Cons
Strict work ours, micro management, work environment
Customer Driven
Supervisor Electronic Data Interface (EDI) (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 4, 2018
Lincoln Financial is a customer driven organization. Everything that is done is done with the end customer in mind.

The organization encourages job shadowing and education opportunities in order to give the employees a better understanding of what the customer experiences from start to finish.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing someone achieve their ah-ha moment when they understand how what they do fits into the big picture and gain insight in how they impact the end customer.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Limited opportunities in Omaha Ne

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight