Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company logo

Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues

Great Job if you can be patient

This is a great company. The pay can eventually be excellent and the agency I worked for was amazing. The hardest part though is making calls all day to people that don't answer the phone or don't want to talk to you when they do answer, even though they requested information. Staying energized and positive was difficult when some days I may only speak with 1 person. Also, the money is there, but it definitely helps if you are not required to make a certain amount of money for your bills in the beginning, because obviously your income starts out very limited and then grows over time.

Pros

Support, Flexibility

Cons

Draining, slow starting

Awesome opportunity

Extremely challenging there’s good and bad days. The management is big on self accountability there always present to support you in improving but will not help you make excuses

Pros

Great commissions

Cons

Hard work

Great Company

I worked here for a few months. It is not easy money. You have to put in the effort to succeed. Once you develop a flow, it can make you a very rich person. The uplines all care and are very easy to contact and talk to. They have the knowledge and experience to coach you through almost any learning curve. You MUST be willing to call people and you MUST be willing to doorknock if you want to be successful. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had to pursue other things.

Fun, good training and great Team work

The managers and other agents are very supportive and with good disposition to help and coach. The training materials are clear and the paperwork required to perform is easy to understand.

Managers are great pay not so much

Don’t work here expecting what they tell you 6 figures. You’ll enjoy the people but being on zoom and talking to clients while others are talking is very distracting.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Not enough pay

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Not enjoyable

Not an easy job. Can't trust anyone here. Managers are bad. Very cult feel. Expected to do whatever you can to close the sale even if it means lying. Not a business you feel good to be in.

Encouraging and Inspiring

I was a Telesales Insurance Agent. I worked from home calling prospective clients on the phone. We had daily Zoom training meetings. The whole organization is positive and amazing!!! My manager was super nice and awesome!!! They pay for your training and to get you licensed. Every single person in the company that you meet along your journey there is really nice and encouraging!!! The Regional Director is the absolute best!!! They encourage you to be and do your best every single day!!! They are very big on personal as well as professional growth!!! My favorite quote from one of the super amazing leaders is "One day can change your week, and one week can change your month"!!!! The two most enjoyable parts of the job was: 1. Listening to my fellow superstar agents!!!2. Helping people get the Final Expense Insurance they need to insure that their family does not have to struggle to pay their final expenses when they leave this Earth!!!The hardest part of this job was all the people that I would call who never answered their phone.Every single time that I called company headquarters to ask a question or help a client, which was a lot, the people that answered were not only super nice and friendly, but they thanked me for my partnership!!!!I would definitely recommend this company to anyone!!!!

Pros

Helping others, all the incentives!!!

Cons

Too many potential clients (or leads) not wanting to answer their phone.

Very good people to work for. Great Management and will work with you through anything. I love working for this company. There is no other company that I'll rather work for

A place where you meet a lot of people and are 100% commission.

This was an okay place to work. If you're able to sell, this is a job for you. The management helps you succeed because their income is based on your sales. It can be stressful. Lead costs and insurance premiums are much higher compared to competition.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Lots of expenses, and chargebacks

If you put in the work, you can win.

A lot of pressure to succeed that can cause anxiety. The leads are expensive but you only have to pay half which comes out of your commissions and then the balance is paid a little at a time.

Pros

They want you to win

Cons

Leads are too expensive.

Great company

Great company to work for, nice friendly people, love working here, great pay, work on your own. Great support for Managers and Corporate office.^^^^^^^^^^^;;;;;;;;;:

Was not a fan

Felt like I worked all the time trying to find these “leads” (which are expensive and only have a 30% closing ratio) no one ever wants to buy, they can’t afford it because their only income is social security. So it’s great for people that want to talk about dying to extremely poor people and go into houses that wreak of cat urine or have so many hoarding piles everywhere that there is no where to sit....

Amazing Company!

OverallMy experience working at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company has been amazing. Best job I’ve ever had. This is something I enjoy very much.. you’re helping people as well as making money. If you’re looking for a job, this isn’t for you. But if you’re looking for a career, then go ahead and apply!Pros: wonderful coworkers, excellent training, advanced pay, managers go out of their way to help youCons: Commission based, chargebacks

Not a good company

Do not work for this company. You will have a lead balance that never goes away. Have to constantly drive to appointments where customers are not home. The ones who are home are very rude.

Pros

Cons

They oversell themselves and will tell you anything to get you to work

It’s definitely something to get used to

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company is interesting. You work from 8:30am to 5pm, they don’t like when you call out, and they make having any sort of life outside work difficult.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company are alright. I was being paid $16 an hour to work in their call center. You get free life insurance coverage through them, and they have a wide variety of benefits to choose from.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company, I think you need to be prepared to work the long haul with them. Life insurance itself is a thankless boring job. Especially in the call center. But, in saying that; they do have plenty of opportunities for growth, they pay well, and you have plenty of opportunities to get promoted.ManagementIn general, managers at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company are interesting. Speaking for the managers in the call center, they really don’t give enough training for the amount of things they expect from you. Everyone in the company talks about how it’s like a big family, and that they’ve worked there for many many years. But I didn’t experience that ‘family’ dynamic. They are all very cold at first, and it’s hard to get along with them. Some of the male managers are absolute jerks, they aren’t very nice to the women who work under them.OverallMy experience working at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company: I hated it. Working in the call center of a life insurance company will drain your soul. Especially now -

Great people and environment

The environment here is pretty amazing. Management goes over and beyond to help me succeed at the ASM branch! I love how my director is always offering the team ways to grow and improve. I am a little concerned about work/life balance. We are encouraged to push hard with work now to get to where we want to be, but there’s not much concern with how that it effects our families. I believe life is all about balance and its our responsibility to present as much as possible when it comes to them.

Pros

Many Advancement Opportunities

Cons

Not Much Work/Life Balance

Set tour own schedule. Too many chargebacks

Lincoln is a great company to work for IF your at the top. At the top means, if you are a MGA or higher. When you are an agent going door to door sling policies, it's hard to keep a steady paycheck because of the chargebacks. If you can get a team to support your efforts of being more than an agent you can possibly make money

Pros

Set your own scehdule

Cons

Chargebacks

Call center.

They treat you like you have no life. They want you to work like it’s hourly. They “make up” rules as they go. And after you reach bonuses, they act like they don’t want to pay you. Training is only the minimum. The Memoral Gardens office shows favoritism. They also commit fraud at that office. Some agents fluff up policies that people can’t pay just for a check. The office environment is toxic. The manager and his buddy are very predatory. Not really a place I’d work or recommend to anyone.

The best company to work for.

Ive had an amazing time at Lincoln and i can wait to come back. Come in and dont worry about the management. Every agency has managers that will do and say things you wont agree with. Dont let that stop you. Its a great company to learn and grown wealth if you are serious and motivated.

Pros

No cap on salary

Cons

What ever excuses you make for why you weren’t successful

A good place to work

I worked here for a short time in 2019 but in the months I was there I felt appreciated and involved in the company. They had free lunches often and games to win prizes to get you motivation to take more calls. What stood out was that the way the upper management/team leads took escalation calls right away, takes less pressure on the associates. Management and trainers are nice people, you can tell they’ve known each other for a long time. They were very flexible with my schedule and didn’t make you feel terrible if you had to call out. I would have stayed but after having my baby I ended up staying at home.

Pros

Free lunches, bonus, flexible with schedule

Cons

Micromanaged over sending faxes and emails to clients

Fantastic Company

Understand that this is a company that sells burial insurance all over the USA. You will see a few AGENT complaints on here. AGENTS do not work for Lincoln; they work for an insurance BROKER. There is a person on here complaining about lead debt and it’s a legitimate complaint but not about LINCOLN, it’s about her BROKER. Go into selling burial policies knowing what you are getting into .

Pros

Great leads- great product

Cons

You have to work and follow the program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company with