Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

United States213 reviews

telesales team was okay

promote helping seniors on a fixed income but dont take anything but bank Acc for payments. doesnt make sense. you have to turn down a lot of people.

You get what you put into it.

Lincoln Heritage is a company with tremendous opportunity if you are willing to invest time doing the job. Like any other job , effort pays off. Many claim the LH didn't work out for them. Most people don't have the discipline to be self employed and do not manage their time correctly, that's why they failed. If you are willing to put in the time and treat it like a real job. It can be very profitable.

Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Flixible hours and great commissions!

This is a company where if you work hard and put time into it, you’ll be very successful and see a lot of results. Great life insurance company for a gents and other people buy.

Life insurance

Well 1st the good they help get your license & training in non stop . After you sell a few policy's they love you , but after they pressure you to buy leads that never sell I paid $300 for 11 lead ALL A leads no one wanted to buy . Still have 140 leads no one wants to buy they only sign up for the free book. If you cant sell they will terminate you . even though you paid for leads from them .

Sales position

It’s a lot of work for very minimal commission. I sold three policies in one weekend and only got about 100 bucks. They tell you they’re gonna help you and you are not helped

It’s alright

Working from home is cool, but the whole “family” vibe they try to give off is completely wrong in my opinion. I’ve had management call me out for having mental illness and belittle me. No pay is worth being disrespected at work.

Face to face is not for everyone

If you are use to telesale . This is not the place for your success. All sale are mainly face to face it’s not much you can do when leads don’t answer the phone or door

It’s great love it here. Been here for almost two years.

5 stars if I could give them more stars I will. This have been the most highest paid as well as the most laid back. I wouldn’t change it for the world. When you find some Where you are happy about showing up on a zoom meeting it’s a place to stick around at

Great company, great environment

This is truly a family company where they reward hard work. They understand there are personal and family things that arise and work with you to balance work and life issues. The compensation and benefits are top notch and showcase value they have in their associates.

Provides room for experience & talent. Fresh lead system & producing leads by state, age, zip code.

Number 1 for final expense products. Easy underwriting & issue. Excellent opportunity for promotions. Treating clients as family. Eliminating redundant paperwork.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company?

Getting paid the next day after you close a sale.

Good opportunity. Must be personable, love families, ethical, self- motivated, driven. Must be able to learn from the masters and apply the principles with diligence. Must be a good judge of character and perceptive enough to determine what is most suitable for the prospective client…. Utilizing the appropriate tools (questionnaire, etc.).

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

Buying leads

Cost more to work for them, then you will make!

I stopped doing Life insurance for this exact same reason, another insurance company that charges their agents to make them money, charging for leads, business cards that do not say that there is a charge until you get the bill, and charge you to sell in your state. So, starting to work for them you are already in the negative before you even make a sell, so if you never make one you will owe them, and you have to pay them or risk losing your insurance license. Then if your client uses a credit card you can NOT get your commission advancement, only a percentage of the monthly payment as it is made. This still leaving you owing for months, if you get your advance commissions and it is 75% at the end of the year the other 25% will not be given at once you will only get $10 a month until your balance is completed. Just another Life insurance company that makes money off of its agents. Definitely not a job or business for anyone that needs to make money but for someone that already has money and wants something to do because they are board.

Waste of your time.

Waste of your time. Leads are a joke. The list of leads is no one picks up the phone bc the numbers are disconnected but the co. will charge you anyway. Company wants to charge you for picked over leads from your manager. If you don’t make sales for your manager then they will drop you bc you’re their income and meal ticket free ride. They don’t care about you period. Again waste of your time.

I enjoy working for this company. The representatives are extremely helpful with any concern I may have.

My typical workday is always a learning experience for me. My manager is very understanding with all my concerns that I may have. The hardest part of my job is when the potential client "needs to think about it" so the close of the sale doesn't occur. I enjoy working with people and helping them to understand the product.

Pros

Working with people

Cons

The door to door sales.

Good Company Bad Training.

Good company bad training, 2 days of training 1 day of memorizing a stupid folder that they don't provide. Leads are $35 and they want you to take 20 leads a week which adds up to $700 and half if not all the leads are used. One thing I didn't Like is that you prep a customer and the upline would take the sale and you won't get a %. This place is no good.

Pros

You Meet some nice people

Cons

Training and uplines are lacking.

Commission based, little training

Life Insurance Sales hasn't changed. You have to find people to sell to. Lincoln Heritage will sell you leads, but they are expensive and mostly worthless. Manager will talk a great game, but not show you how to do anything except memorize some stupid scripts for calling and door to door.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No money

Great company not so great people

Lincoln Heritage is a great place to work if you have an upline that is willing to help and is dedicated to the development of their agents. If not it’ll be hard to navigate.

Pros

Great Environment to Learn Final Expense

Cons

Lower Commissions

Sky is the limit

Excellent training and support for new agents that enjoy challenges and an opportunity to help seniors while at the same time earning solid commissions.

Pros

Great opportunity for persons with good time management skills

Not great

Working as an agent, you are pushed to meet certain production goals and your contract will be terminated if you do not meet their goals. Most of the day is spent calling leads who have already been called several times, and will likely not answer your calls. You also have to pay a big fee for the leads that you do get, and they tell you that the way to be successful is to keep purchasing leads, making you indebted to the company and having to pay them back, regardless if you make a sale or not. Also, the commissions may seem large, but if someone cancels their policy, you are responsible for paying all of that money back.

Flexibility

It's a great company, I just don't understand the advance pay ot when you get paid or whatever, but overall it's a good company and the managers are great as well

Not my cup of tea

$2,000 in lead debt to someone with no money and only one car in the family and commuting for meetings and training were too much. Good opportunity for someone living close to the home office and willing to put in the work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight