Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company
61Average

Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

United States157 reviews
Understand that this is a company that sells burial insurance all over the USA. You will see a few AGENT complaints on here. AGENTS do not work for Lincoln; they work for an insurance BROKER. There is a person on here complaining about lead debt and it’s a legitimate complaint but not about LINCOLN, it’s about her BROKER. Go into selling burial policies knowing what you are getting into .
Pros
Great leads- great product
Cons
You have to work and follow the program
I worked here for a short time in 2019 but in the months I was there I felt appreciated and involved in the company. They had free lunches often and games to win prizes to get you motivation to take more calls. What stood out was that the way the upper management/team leads took escalation calls right away, takes less pressure on the associates. Management and trainers are nice people, you can tell they’ve known each other for a long time. They were very flexible with my schedule and didn’t make you feel terrible if you had to call out. I would have stayed but after having my baby I ended up staying at home.
Pros
Free lunches, bonus, flexible with schedule
Cons
Micromanaged over sending faxes and emails to clients
Before signing up make sure you ask the right ?’s. I was not given a choice of what type of leads to start off with. Although,I told my leader person that I have a Full time 40 hr , I’m single mom of three and was looking to start part time. No consideration was done on her part as being compassionate to say lets start her in the middle with leads . No she sends the most expensive leads with outdated info and now i have an outstanding balance for $350.00. They just want your Money!!!
Pros
None Stay Away
Cons
Greedy company just want your money not to help make you money
Needed a steady income and it’s a numbers game . The independent agencies are very supportive . I just needed more of an dependable flow of income coming from a healthcare arena .
Overall a good company. Great benefits and can possibly have a flexible schedule. The company takes harassment and discrimination very seriously. The work itself is very repetitive and not very interesting. It doesn’t feel like you are accomplishing anything meaningful. In the end it’s a business and the customer comes first at the expense of the employee. Customers can mistreat employees day after day and nothing is done about it so that the customers can continue to pay the company.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
recruited by a friend. went on a few sales with him and liked the idea of the job so i got my license. They paid a lot of the training but all others fees were on you. they charged you for everything even your leads. I was promised one area when i started and when the leads came in it was like they set me up to fail. all my leads were of the poorest people of little means and had no extra income to spare. while the area i was told i would get went to another person. I scraped a few policies what i could . 50% of the people denied even sending in for a the lead. others just flat said no even before presentation. once your lead debt is high they cut you off and wont provide you anymore till you pay it down and they expect that to be paid out of your pocket.long story short i feel like i was given the leads they knew wouldn't make money so they could force me to buy the bad leads and they make money off me that way. so beware. it might work out for you but it didnt for me.
This business has changed my life! It’s opened me up to a whole new world! It hasn’t been easy, but it has been worth it! I’ve not only grown financially, but it’s helped me grow in all areas of my life!
I’d rather put in my time and work for myself and make what I’m worth; rather than put in that same amount of time and work for someone else who tells me what I’m worth!
Pros
Financial growth, family-oriented, on-going training, growth opportunity, incentive trips, health/dental benefits
Cons
I don’t know if this is a con, but if you don’t put in the time and effort as well as reach out, you will not see the success you are looking for!
Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance company is number when it comes to final expense life insurance. As an agent, you have the opportunity to really make a difference in the community by helping people who otherwise could not be helped due to pre-existing medical conditions. So if you are the type of person who likes to help people and find that sort of thing rewarding then Lincoln Heritage might be a good fit for you.
No quite excited about coaching. Little support and very poor leads.
There is a poor relationship Manager and AGENT.

They pay very fast and they do not care about what is going on in my performance in sales.
This is an excellent company to work for. They are dedicated to fully supporting their employees. It is a great company to work for for those that want to be self employed.
Great Company to work for. Most people don’t make it is because they’re not use to the freedom. This is not a 9-5, which allows you to plan around important events. Other than that you have to treat it as if you’re still on the clock. At the end of every week, ask yourself: “if I were my boss, would I still be working for me or would I fire me?” Go to work and learn the business and you’ll make money you’ve never seen before
I learn about different types of attitudes, and meet of people.My management to is great, , they always training to getting service for our customer.
Pros
free lunch and money
Cons
customer cancel policies
When I started at the company they preached family first and that they promote from within. In the past 2 years I have watched countless talent leave the company as their work went unappreciated. I understand, I just left for similar reasons.
A typical work day, as an insurance agent, first have a work plan designed for the day, know what you have to do, I have learned that despite working with insurance for final expenses and among other things you talk about a funeral planning, people need this plan, it is so important to make a planning in advance, the most difficult thing is to find the person who is looking for it, because despite this need there is no culture of this topic in general, the best and most comfortable is Know that when something bad happened that family is financially protected.
I like to help people, and provide high quality service
It's impossible to function well when upper management refuses to hold dead weight accountable. The harder you work, the more is expected from you. Once you're in management though, you can coast forever as no one will make you work effectively with others.
At Lincoln Heritage Life, the management team treats everyone fairly. You have the flexibility to set your own hours and your own appointments, which is great. I have no real complaints. You get out of it what you put into it. I was injured while I was in training, which hindered my ability to walk or I’d still be there! My best was yet to come. You can help a lot of families plus you’re writing your own paycheck- the sky’s the limit!
Been with Lincoln Heritage 4 months now and I am happy I made the switch. Leads are active and program really sells itself. Awesome benefits for the policy holder, that are easy to explain. I also like how quickly Lincoln Heritage pays. I have never had a hassle about my commissions, spiffs or bonuses. A+ in my books. Hope to build an agency in the future and I see myself reaching that goal here.
This is a great company to work for and with. It allows you the flexibility to work your own hours and make as much as you want with no limits or caps. The training is constant and the support you get while out on the field is priceless. Many organizations don't offer this kind of support and it is what makes Lincoln Heritage different, in my eyes. Very happy to be working here and creating a business for years to come!
Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and maintaining them over time. Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
This company really helped develop me into a business professional. The growth of the company has made it difficult for them to stick with their culture. It's in a confused period where it has not changed the presentation of the culture but how they present it is no longer followed. The people who work Lincoln are great and I was glad to meet and collaborate with them.
Hard to get started, work your warm market. Have to call a lot of cold calls. Commission pay so you have to get your feet in the door and start rolling to make money.
Pros
money, next day pay
Cons
never knowing and told no a lot
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.