Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast-Paced Environment
HR Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 21, 2018
This was one of my favorite places that I have worked at because it is such a fast-paced, always moving environment. Never the same thing happening day-to-day because there were always surprises.
Productive, safe environment
Program, Executive Assist for the Chairman/PD (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 15, 2018
Always given the opportunity to take And learn new skills
Currently under New administration and understaff
The environment and culture is friendly and approachable
A good place for those individuals who lack from administrative skills
Pros
Given the opportunity to learn new skills
Cons
Understaffed, municipal hospital, no raises
good place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 22, 2018
nice place where I worked, especially my department. Pretty hard but people are collaborative, cooperative each other. Good policy, regulation and manual.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 21, 2018
A wonderful place to develop your skills and acquire furtherskilld to positively position your self and move on your carreer and also advance forwardand
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Productive workplace
Hospital Care Investigator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Fast pace environment. Workers are friendly. Patients are easy to work with. A lot of work, however it is not an overload feeling. Best part of the job is interacting with patients.
a typical day at work
Receptionist/Operator - Agency (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 22, 2018
a typical day at work is very fast pace, phones ringing off the hook. reviewing charts, attending to our patients. booking appointments and calling insurance company to verify coverage.
Pros
working in a safe enviroment.
Cons
a little hectic when overwhelmed with work.
Good luck
Medical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 22, 2018
The hardest part of the job is managing your workload. Discharge planning team consists of you very often. If you are already in Lincoln, I bid you godspeed.
Not productive
Lead Clerical Associate, Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2017
The management need education about work ethics because some of the positions has been given people who don't qualify for the job all because of friends recommendation and racism.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Bad attitude towards workers
Clerical Associate III (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 17, 2017
I worked in the Emergency Room setting, my position was very, challenging, fast pace, assisting my staff with day to day responsibilities. I learned a lot from higher up staff members and utililized my skills to benefit my ability to provided my knowledge to incoming staffers.
The most enjoyable part of the job
CLERICAL ASSOCIATE/COORDINATING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I love the population that we serve, our patients are diverse in cultures and learning from them is great. I love the hours and not having to work on weekends at this time.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
More work, less workers
Wonderful Work Culture
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2017
Wonderful Director and clinical staff. Supportive environment without too much paperwork. Wonderful work culture and interest in client focused treatment. Nursing staff can be difficult.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Nursing staff can be difficult
Very busy ER
ER STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 12, 2017
Have not work there in a while. While working was a good place to learn, very supportive managers. Fast pace. Team work. The staff worked well together. protected and help each other.
Diverse Environment
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE/ PHLEBOTOMY AND EKG TECH (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 30, 2017
My day starts out receiving information about my patient that I will be covering for my shift. I learn a lot do to the diverse cultural at the hospital. Staff and patients are eager to teach and assist in anyway to make the stay more comfortable. The hardest part of my job is letting go of the patients. Although it give me a sense of satisfaction that my patients are getting better I do miss some of them very much.
Pros
great teaching facility
Cons
long distance from home
high turnover
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 28, 2017
Social workers needed more support from administrators. As an intern, my supervisor was wonderful! However, I'm not sure if I would receive the same type of supervision as a paid staff member.
Busy but educational
General Dentist Resident (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 5, 2017
Busy residency that involves a broad range of treatments. Average patient load is 12-15 a day, involving diagnosis and treatment planning to emergency treatment of large facial lacerations. A lot of excitement that can sometimes be overwhelming. However, overall an educational experience.
summer internship
HIV, Housing Unit Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2017
This was a summer Internship. Working in the Cobra program allowed me to work with the HIV population and see the difficulties that people encounter. Although it was a short summer internship there is a lot to learn.
Learning experience
Hospital Care Investigator- Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 25, 2017
At Lincoln Hospital you have the ability to work in other departments and learn to specific skills to help your co-workers perform at their best. Lincoln Hospital is the first baby friendly hospital in the Bronx. They celebrate every culture that makes Lincoln Hospital special,
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse on Medical-Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to get a lot of experience on the medical surgical unit as well as the emergency department. It is in a city atmosphere so it is constantly busy 24/7.
Fast -paced work enviroment.
Clerical Associate Level III (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Not the place you would want to seek employment if you are looking for advancement. A very fast-paced environment. You must be able to learn quickly and work quickly with minimal mistakes.
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians
Hospital
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day of work involves walking through the clinics in ambulatory care and assisting clients arrive to the appropriate services. I became well acquainted with medical terminology and process. The hardest part of the job was maintaining working relationships with difficult patients. The most rewarding part of the job is actually being able to help people and building a rapport. Management is tough.
Pros
good pay, low stress, location
Cons
managemnt