Lincoln Military Housing Employee Reviews

Club House Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJune 13, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Lincoln. They really cared about their residents and provided them with many community events. I enjoyed hosting the deployed spouse social while I worked there. The staff was nice and friendly. They also had a really awesome employee yearly celebrations to show their appreciation and recognize them for their hard work. My manager was supportive and helped me grow in my role. When relocating the DM at the new location seemed to enjoy my interview but I could overhear him talking to the hiring manager for the position I applied for and she wanted to hire her friend instead and he wanted to hire me. That turned me off for the new location because it appeared that it is who you know depending on who is hiring for that position. At least do not discuss it with the potential employee sitting in the other room. Other than that one incident I believe Lincoln is a great company to work for and I have had the pleasure to live within their communicating and they are great to rent from.
Highly stressful and poor management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJune 8, 2019
They will use you and abuse you with no regard to family life. Managment doesnt know what they are doing from the top of the company on Down to the local management
Service
LINCOLN MILITARY HOUSING Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2019
Responsible for scheduling and conducting home inspections as it relates to the move in/out process, including pre-move in, move out, and final inspections
Performs various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (Payscan, Yardi, and other company-related systems)
Complies with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
I loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Working at LMH gave me a new respect and love for property management. It has been the most challenging and yet most rewarding job I have ever had. I have met some of the most amazing people working for this company. If you like working with military families and helping them, than this is the job for you.
Pros
Great experience, job advancement, cross training, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, great benefits.
Cons
It can be stressful due to residents, very fast paced, long training.
I enjoyed being a Lifeguard
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 5, 2019
My time in the company was not for a long period of time, due to my move, but I enjoyed the people and I had a great experience learning how to be a first responder in an emergency situation.
n/a
Assistant District & Executive Homes Manager (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJanuary 14, 2019
I have nothing to say about the experience. There is lots of room for opportunity within the company however the company is going through some major changes.
Great place to be
Lincoln Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 2, 2019
LMH has given me many opportunities. Yes, a lot is required, but if you work hard you get rewarded in ways of advancement. People often leave because of the life balance, but I think it's important to remember in the industry of property management we are in the business of taking care of people using our product literally 24/7. It's the job. I think the company tries very hard to help with the balance, though. Being short staffed is usually because the managers are having a hard time finding qualified people, not because they are not allowed to hire. I have suggested friends work with the company, and they have and also loved the opportunities. I would refer people again. I honestly couldn't see myself anywhere else - it's very rewarding work, and some of the residents are so wonderful that it's an honor to work for them!
Pros
Bonus, advancement, accolades, job security, co-workers
Cons
Stressful situations, many work hours
Job security worked for the Military
Porter (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CADecember 13, 2018
A typical day at work was to so help the maintenance technicians and get them whatever they needed as well as do maintenance on the houses at the base. I learned hoe to do general maintenance at the job. The work place culture is good. The hardest part of my job was tackling allot of work assignments in a 8 hour day. The most enjoyable part of my job was The people I worked with and the benefits and schedule was great.
Pros
Job security challenging work place
Cons
stressful work demands
Great environment, Terrible job/pay
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 10, 2018
If you're a retired veteran, you're bringing in 80% or more for disability for Camp Pendelton, then this job is easy supplemental money.

If you're looking to survive? it's not.

The Management was TOP NOTCH! PERFECT STAFF! PERFECT EMPLOYEES!
Pros
Everything but the pay
Cons
Terrible pay for the amount of work that is required.
Worse Company I've worked for
Call Center Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2018
This is the first time I have ever worked for a company that I have been being harassed EVERY single day by my supervisor. Every day starting in the month of July, my supervisor has been harassing me shortly after receiving the position of "Supervisor". From my understanding, I do something every day but nothing major enough to receive a write up. I've put in a change of schedule request to change my hours. The first time I was told from my supervisor that "New Hires" such as myself are to work 1pm - 9:30 pm. Asked my supervisor's boss about the email she sent out for the change or schedule for weekends and was told "unfortunately we gave those shifts to the new hires" I was called into the office to have a meeting with my supervisor and her boss. While in the meeting, We are suppose to be addressing the "issues" but I was cut off and told, "That is not why we are here. We are here to talk about you...So moving forward!" I would not recommend anyone work at a company such as this one, where you are treated very poorly by the residents, as well as management.
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
Management, Favoritism
Lincoln military housing
MAINTENANCE ASST SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company, because they really appreciated your work ethics and they treated people the way they should be treated. I would work for them again if given the opportunity.
Lincoln military housing
MAINTENANCE ASST SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 11, 2018
Productive and great work environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CASeptember 15, 2018
Love the people i work with....... i just do my every day thing at work...... its all about balance, commitment, communication, empowerment, integrity and respect.......
Pros
One hour lunch a plus
Cons
No comment
Stepping Stone to better opportunities
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2018
This company is a great stepping stone to gather experience so you can move on to a new company/better paying job in the same field. The truth is, they just do not pay their employees enough. I work full time as a Service Manager, and I qualify for free Medi-Cal and food stamps for myself and my family. The job is demanding, but rewarding. I learned a lot! I love working here, sadly, it is time to start looking for a better paying job. Thanks to the job experience Lincoln gave me, I have been asked to interview as a Facilities Service Manager making $70,000 a year. Like I said, it is a great stepping stone to get into the industry. I will forever be grateful for the time and training Lincoln gave me.
Pros
Aplitiy to move up and cross train
Cons
Pay
A great place to give back to our Military Families via Voulenteer hours.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2018
Many key Accounting staff members left the company within 11 months of Controller and Accounting Supervisor leaving. Change came in the Spirit of running the department "Lean & Mean". It was time to make a change, staff lost the Spirit of Work/Life Balance. Lots of work not enough time or staff to meet deadlines.
Pros
Great medical insurance.
Cons
Not enough crosstraining at the property site level.
Don't work here it's a trap!
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 4, 2018
Pay sucks you will be over worked and with lack of training and supplies. They are very unorganized and managers and employees will go out of their way to throw you under the bus. Also responsibility will always increase but pay won't. Always problems with getting the money for they hours you worked, DM is phony smiles in your face but lacks knowledge to do own job .
Not recommended
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDJuly 24, 2018
Work load too high. Poor Management. Supervisors word always taken over others. Supervisors not held accountable. Work was satisfying. False accusations made about others when supervisor got in trouble. Day to day was not bad. Extra work and responsibilities added with no compensation.
Pros
Holidays, vacation time
Cons
Work load, poor supervisors
Regional Community Services Director (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VaJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Lincoln, great group of people to work with everyday. I think the new VP is making a lot of poor decisions and as I said before you can not run a Marriot on a Super 8 budget and that is what is going on now. I wish them the best of luck, but feel they will begin to loose a lot of great people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor decesions making
Good place to work.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2018
Lincoln is a good place to work. The company is not to small yet not too big. The culture can be harsh at times. If you are new, be prepared to be the problem at times. The atmosphere will come off as "things were good until you got here." All in all my experience was with Lincoln was good. I believe I grew a lot and I am prepared for the next jump in my career.
Pros
Relaxed environment and if you are willing to learn, you will be fine.
Cons
The pay.
good team work and support
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 14, 2018
Good place to work good management, co-workers are nice and willing to help when asked. You learn something new while working almost every week. The hardest part of the job to me was you're on call which was a week at a time. Satisfaction knowing that you helped a family whose spouses are serving our country.
Pros
job security
Cons
on-call shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Military Housing. Our community is ready to answer.