Lincoln Prairie Behavioral Health Center Employee Reviews

I love LP!!
Program/ Therapist, and Recreational Therapy (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 24, 2019
I have worked at LPBHC for about 7 years. During my time here I have worked various positions. I have seen the good days, the bad, and the okay. This field takes a special person and you have to come to work everyday knowing that. We work with children who are in crisis, you have to understand that the job isn't going to be easy. You have to put your heart into it or you will not last here. Period.

I worked my way up from a tech to a therapist over the years. The benefits are pretty good as well. This place holds a piece of my heart and they need workers who actually care and want to make a difference. If you just need a job; this isn't the place for you.

I love working for this company and if you want to make a difference and/or get into the field of Nursing or Therapy this is the place for you.
Review
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 10, 2018
This agency has poor management within all aspects of the workplace. In addition there is a high turn over rate, which causes disruption in patient care, and leads to low morale.
Would not recommend applying to this corporation.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 25, 2018
No staff protection, injury-rate has been on the rise with employees. Will terminate employment for false allegations without investigation and or collaboration. Constant feeling of having a number over your head, when your number is up you will no longer be employed.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list...
They work you to exhaustion and burn out
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 14, 2018
I worked there 8 years. The turnover was astronomical! There are a few perks such as good parking and cheap lunch, if you are allowed to take a lunch. No breaks . Forced time off when hospital census is low. When the kids insurance runs out they send them home, ready or not. Met some good friends there. They just work you until you drop and don’t pay you extra for it. Overtime is expected not the exception , but not with extra pay for it. The initial assessment staff does not know what they are doing or how to diagnose a patient.
Pros
Lunch is cheap
Cons
It’s a money game to administration
Not a good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 11, 2018
Would definitely not recommend working here in the hopes of making it a long term career. Not enough help, no breaks, and when they are concerns that need to be addressed they arent.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Stressful and dangerous environment no loyalty to employees.
Very much a family oriented place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 5, 2018
The days are very busy and go fast! The management and staff are treated like family. The hardest part of the job is at times requires a lot of extra time to get things accomplished, but this is the nature of the business we are in. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great people that we work with and the children and families that we work hard to support!
Pros
Family atmosphere, teamwork, collaboration
Cons
Work more than 40 hours most weeks
Amazing Coworkers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 27, 2018
Everyone is just so relaxed there, everyones goal is to make sure all of the children are taken care of. At the end of the day once everything has calmed down and you can focus on your work, it is the most amazing place to be at.
Good place to work.
Program Therapist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL 62703April 11, 2018
A typical day at Lincoln Prairie for me is to run group psychotherapy, patients are aged 4 to 17. I may also do four or five psychosocial assessments, run multidisciplinary team staffings, provide education to groups, or do individual or family psychotherapy. I learned a great deal about a childrens psychiatric hospital and how it runs from day to day. The management is excellent on the clinical side. I have had no problems working there, and they are very flexible. The hardest part of the job is some of the paperwork, but I do the best I cn in the time allotted to me. The most enjoyable part for me is to interact with the patients and get to know them.
Pros
Excellent mangement.
Cons
No benefits or insurance.
stressful environment to work in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  springfield IllinoisFebruary 25, 2018
extremely stressful to work here. Patients are abusive physically and verbally. No breaks ever. Poor management. No support at all.
Run in other direction. They are only interested in financial gain.
Pros
Cons
stressful volatile environment, no support.
Behavior Health Tech
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I walked in the door truly looking to make a difference but at the end it was just a paycheck. The reason being is not because of the kids but the staff that made it hard for the kids. After hearing stories from other coworkers how mentioning things got swept under the rug it’s like what the point. There’s no point of surveys if nothing changes. Don’t get me wrong I had some really good coworkers and some were REALLY GOOD at what they do but at the end of the day it was just a paycheck. They provide training which i enjoyed but we all know it’s different once you get to the actual floor. Anyways Can make Some not all nurses could either make or break your day and my biggest issue was favortism with some of the kids making promises to them that we ALL as staff could not keep. I just want to say to the people that truly are trying to help those kids Thank you and those that are doing it for a paycheck and making it hard Shame on you
Pros
Can make a difference, Pay
Cons
At the time lack of communication on the floors
Great Company
(Internship) June-Aug (Therapy/PRN) Aug - current (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I am currently employed with LPBHC and I love it! While the pay is less than I desire according to my degree, the agency itself is awesome. Great team atmosphere. The service they provide is much needed and helpful to the community.
Rewarding but stressful
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 11, 2017
You have to be a strong person who can tolerate kids between the ages of 3-17 calling you all types of cursing you out and if they are big enough, they will try to test you. You also have to be opened minded and understand that these kids are sick and really need help. The staff is will have your back but there is a separation. Its is very face paced and sometimes its stressful but it is rewarding to know that you helped at least one child.
Some reviews are not accurate
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 30, 2017
The job can be difficult but it's not because the place is managed poorly. Kids these days are just difficult and working with behaviorally challenged kids is not easy.
Staff are asked for feedback and when we ask for things they try hard to accommodate.
Pros
Great staff and I like the patients
Cons
Patients can be difficult
Awful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 24, 2017
The management is a mess, new orientation classes of 30-40 people every month. Easy to fire you and bring in new people non-stop. Very stressful, little support from management. The only positive thing is the pay and benefits. They overcompensate you from the stress of the work and BS of the company. If you are an RN you are stuck behind the nurses station. Expect to not get a break at least a couple times a month because LPNs cant break you out. Management will not come in to run breaks. I loved the staff but everyone here is miserable.

I liked working with the children but the acuity is almost always high. Expect to get hit rather often and be secluding patients frequently.

Turnover rate is INSANELY high. New people every few weeks.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management, high stress
Official response from Lincoln Prairie Behavioral Health Center
August 30, 2017

While our August orientation was around 30 employees, most orientations are around 10-15 people each month.

Dont do this to yourself walk awy
RN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 10, 2017
unethical, nurses cursing at kids, never get a lunch or breaks, understaffed, turn over extremely high, management?? what management, House supervisor who is not even a nurse
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
It's a happy medium
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 9, 2017
Coworkers were wonderful, poor communication with supervisory staff and you often feel that healthcare is focused on financial limitations. I felt that I gained a great deal of experience. As an LPN the responsibilities have decreased so significantly that in some units you are only worked as an aide. Diminishes ones abilities
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Frequently miss break times
Demanding job
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 5, 2017
A typical work day included paperwork, along with working with the children who had mental health issues to the point they needed to be hospitalized. In the position of education, we had to put more emphasis on paperwork, while having less time to assist students with understanding difficulties they were having with education.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, not enough time working with children to make a difference in their lives.
While the work is stressful, you're not alone.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 12, 2016
I worked nights so I spent a lot of time doing paper work and walking up and down the halls. There are many people there that are extremely good at what they do and will gladly help you out. The management was great and got involved as much as possible, they were also very helpful towards workers and patients. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients but depending on which unit you're on it could either be quite easy or very difficult. If you're looking for part time employment this place is amazing, the pay is great (and if you have relevant credentials and experience the pay is even better) and the schedule is a flexible as you like (if you're "per diem" you need to work a bare minimum of 2 weekend shifts per month to stay employed).
Pros
great pay, helpful coworkers who will help teach you, great schedule flexibility
Cons
stressful work
Terrible management
BHT (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 7, 2016
Working with the clients were great. Management is horrible if your not in the click say good bye. I feel it could be a great place to work if you get the ones who need to go, out of there.
Pros
Clints and some of my co workers
Cons
Management is horrible
Great place work
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 22, 2016
My co-workers at Lincoln prairie are awesome! They are great to work with and work well as a team. Management is not so bad themselves but they lack consistency. This job is not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of this job is connecting with the patients and learning about their personalities
Pros
Good pto accumulation, Great co-workers
Cons
no consistency within management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Prairie Behavioral Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lincoln Prairie Behavioral Health Center Reviews by Location