Lincoln Property Company Employee Reviews

ok
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knox County, TNSeptember 11, 2018
my property no Lincoln in general was poorly managed but all in all it was an ok place to work im sure alot of things happen at my property that Lincoln wound never allow.
Great company, alot of support from upper management
Business Manager/Property Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
Great company, alot of support from upper management. The company is well put together and they offer great training. My supervisor was very supportive.
Lack of Leadership and Communication
Leasing & Marketing Professional (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2018
I had high hopes going into this job.
I was never properly trained.
The management was unorganized. There was not enough man power to reach the goals set forth for achievement.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership
Fun place to work.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2018
Lincoln had a different approach to managing properties. I learned several new skills at Lincoln. My direct supervisor provided a wealth of knowledge was very fair and professional.
Pros
Direct Supervisor
Cons
I managed their only property in the State, very little personal interaction with co-workers.
Great Ideas, bad follow through and culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 29, 2018
Great Ideas, bad follow through and culture. Love all the ideas and changes suggested from main corporate office but nothing is followed through at a local level. Too many new implementations trying to go all at once making it impossible for many of them to stick. No growth opportunities. Bad local culture, turnover at the corporate level is high.
Very Organize Company
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 23, 2018
Learned a lot through leasing. Had a great experience with the company. Don't let staff determine your experience result of the company. Hardest part are managers sometimes.
Excellent training
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSAugust 16, 2018
I was a rookie to Multi-Family Housing and Lincoln provided me with excellent training and motivation. They provided a great number of benefits and premiere training that has carried over to several other properties. My greatest career milestone thus far has been achieving 100% occupancy while working with my Lincoln Team.
Pros
excellent training and mentors
Cons
Only part-time after my rehire
Stressful, toxic work environment
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 14, 2018
Offices run by Lincoln Property Company are a joke to work for. They expect so much out of you with little return. Have no regard for family life, its like being in high school only worse, everyone is actual adults.
Productive and fun workplace
Resident Manager/ Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of answering telephone calls first thing in the morning from residents or vendors.

Answering emials

Processing checks

Residents walking into the office to ask questions

Contractors coming to work on site

Deliveries from different carriers delivery packages

Walking the entire property

Check vacant units for turns

Most difficult part are difficult residents

Most enjoyable part is being allowed to assist a resident and seeing them happy

Workplace culture was mixed and we worked very well as a team and alone

Business Manager was very good in mentoring in all aspect of running the community. He kept me in the loop and communication was great.

I definitely learned a lot and still continue to learn for their is so much task to learn.
Pros
sometimes free lunches, take lunch between 12 and 2PM, staff are nice and helpful
Cons
No time for exercise for healthy working or family time due to long hours including driving
Dangles advancement over your head only to transfer you to another property
Leasing & Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
On many accounts, mostly the same type are promoted. You do not need a degree, but you need to be in the "in crowd" to be promoted. Once promoted, behave do not think out the box, or you will be placed at a property intended to sell or change in management. Properties are normally well maintained. Maintenance is overworked and most staff are running around while managers have their lower team memebers work on reports. Their reports however have them in the office for hours until their time to leave. Not many apologies or concessions given to residents, nor gifts. Budget always seems lop sided, outside vendors who send leads are paid substantially a lot more that the onsite staff. A lot of properties join unnecessary programs, making staff take time to learned them, only not to use in daily practice. The practice of hiring and positions need to be looked at heavily. Not always an equal opportunity employer.
Pros
Bonuses for leases and renewals. Depending on property mantenance recieves some bonuses
Cons
Poor mid level management. Miscommunication, no mandatory meetings.

Want to know more about Lincoln Property Company?

Ask a question
Job Work/ Life Balance
N/A (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 30, 2018
Many opportunities for professional growth. Demanding company however mentoring is in place to support career success. Do not lose work/life balance with the many demands.
Pros
Opportunities for professional growth
Cons
High demands for daily tasks
Dog and cat fight!
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 28, 2018
The regional caused conflict between the manager and myself! Pitting one against the other! She had maintenance fighting with the office! Claimed she had my back! I was fired for something one of the corporate maintenance guys did when he was on my property!
Pros
The pay was ok
Cons
You name it!!
Entry Level Job
Leasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 28, 2018
This is a good job for an entry level position or a part time position for a college grad. Potential to earn commissions, but the hourly pay is not enough. No degree required. Promotions feel like they are based on filling a seat, rather than giving it to a person who is qualified & has put in the time. It really is dependent on who your manager & RPM is at the time. Trainings & monthly quizzes are available & required to stay up-to-date with Fair Housing Laws & company policies. There are company parties for Christmas, Thanksgiving potlucks & annual award ceremonies. You get an hour lunch break and 2 weeks off a year with a minimum of a months notice.
Pros
Standard Benefits, Vaction, paid sick days
Cons
Work hours/time off not flexible, a lot of work for low compensation
Fun times
LEASING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2018
Management is really big on training and development that plays a big part on the employees longevity. Lots of advancement opportunities, for the right individuals.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Insurance
poor management and not good with employees
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 23, 2018
We never get to leave early when office close/We don't get no training/we always have so much work/micromanagement too much/not organized and manager doesn't know a best way to solve problem. The policy is from what they want us to follow not company policies.
Great Company
Re-certification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 22, 2018
Great company, pay was low. It seems like a good company but the workload of a tax credit community was extremely excessive and never ending. I eventually left and went to another company.
Great company to work with
Assistant Manager - Villas on South Creek (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 20, 2018
While it has been several years since I worked with Lincoln, I clearly remember thoroughly enjoying my career with them. I would have stayed had I not been relocating to a different area with my husband.
Well established company that is like family.
Assistant Manger (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2018
This company is well established and has been around for many years. Work life is competitive, but with the help from a great team, you collaborate to make your community great. Hardest part of the job is TIME MANAGEMENT, but once you establish the skill, it will make your life that much easier.
Good co. But needs work in its structure
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 10, 2018
Industry training is lacking...employees need more training in up coming tasks. Too much conflicts on what the owners want and what the company provides.
Pros
Benefits are kool
Cons
Structure
Fun Company
Leasing and Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 22, 2018
Great company. Work hard, play hard ethic. A typical day is showing apartments, doing paperwork, social media updates, and reports. Upper management is very helpful, willing to teach and promote.
Pros
fun company, sometimes discounts for living, commission
Cons
working weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Property Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight