Lincoln Public Schools Employee Reviews

Working with kids was a joy.
Transportation Para/Nutrition Department (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 21, 2018
I started as a Bus-Para, which was very fun.I was able to flex-able to better assist the bus drivers,as well as the students.
I learned the safety skills for any bus routes. I then went to work as Nutritionist in the kitchen.That was fine,the down-fall was I was being moved from different schools.
Pros
I was able to use my multi-tasks skills to work at different jobs within the Schools.
Cons
It was a part-time position all thru out the school year.
Production fast paced and a good working environment
Food Services worker ll (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 8, 2018
It's a very good company . That has good benefit. Excellent co-workers aggressive pension. Good management.,open minded,and includes a diverse environment
Pros
Yes free lunches, good benefit
caring, compassionate
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 22, 2018
Teachers are caring, students are there to learn. Sometimes teachers don't play well in the sandbox, but that can happen at any job. The school setting is a great environment especially for a person who craves the same schedule as their child!
Pros
schedule, fulfilling
Cons
low pay, low advancement
Prep/Server cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 23, 2018
working in an environment where you can help others especially kids is always a good place to work it help teach you a lot and you can learn from other also.
Demanding With Amazing Support
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 22, 2018
LPS has great schools with caring teachers and administrators. There are rigorous expectations but a lot of supports and professional development are available. Building principals are solid leaders and many are new in their roles. A lot of positive changes have happened in district departments. The district continues to focus on strong instruction and student supports. Equity and diversity are valued.
Pros
Great facilities, great collaboration, community support, student laptops, growing population
Cons
National issues related to education.
Fun
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 22, 2018
Loved having paid leave and enjoyed summers off. Also enjoyed freedom allowed during work time. Did not feel wage paid was liveable. After years I barely made more than what I started at
Pros
Paid leave and freedom
Cons
Low pay
laid back and helpful for mentors
Art Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 26, 2018
It was nice to be able to work one on one with gifted students. Each school had an entirely different set up with different available resources and supplies so it was a lot of site specific planning involved. be prepared to be uninformed and carrying a but of supplies with you.
Pros
Great kids
Cons
Not enough mentor hours available. Lots of travelling between schools.
good place
English Instructor/Journalism Adviser (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, MTFebruary 23, 2018
Lincoln Public Schools was a good place to work. It gave me so much experience in the line of doing different things at different times with different people for different reasons.
Love/Hate
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 13, 2018
I loved my job, I just got burned out. They just keep adding things that we needed to do on a daily basis. It no longer felt that we were doing what was best for kids; it felt more like doing what was best for test scores.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Expected too muchl
Busy sometimes chaotic days
School Nurse, Substitute (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 26, 2018
Liked working for LPS; a lot of really sick special needs kids who needed complicated nursing care; liked working at a variety of schools- each age has their own challenges
Pros
the students are ejoyable for the most part
Cons
sometimes no time for breaks
nice work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 24, 2018
nice work environment. clean new building. great team to work with. receptionist meets and greets new employees and helps current employees. nice view.
Productive and engaging workplace (substitute teacher)
Local Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day would be fulfilling and implementing the daily lesson plans provided by the teacher. I learned how to manage a classroom and thoroughly teach the curriculum to students. The workplace was always welcoming and friendly, many co-teachers are willing to help. The hardest part is stepping into a classroom that is not yours and getting to know all students within one day. The most enjoyable part is connecting with the students.
Bad Management!
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 22, 2018
LPS Transportation is a poorly run organization that originates from the upper management. It is a miracle that the department is successful in providing transportation to students.
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 5, 2018
I love working for LPS. I am hoping to stay with the company when I graduate with my Bachelor's degree. The healthcare benefits are great. Everyone I've encountered are easily to get along with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Benefits are a little pricey for a family plan, but worth it.
Positive Workplace
Student Services Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 22, 2017
It is a friendly workplace where the end goal is the education of students.
They acknowledge and give credit to your accomplishments. Benefits are good and fair
A great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hanscom AFB, MADecember 7, 2017
Being here is like being with family. Both management and coworkers are amazing people! Management is extremely understanding of last minute and personal emergencies.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 16, 2017
LPS is a great school district. I came through LPS, myself. My kids have all gone to LPS schools, of which two have graduated. The schools I volunteer at have great teachers and administration. They are great people.
Pros
Cons
nonw
Fun place to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 13, 2017
Loved working with parents and teachers so that the kids would safely get to school on time. It is still one of the best jobs I have ever had. Early cold winter mornings were the only hard thing about the job.
Pros
Enough breaks.
Cons
Was just considered a part time job.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ARNovember 3, 2017
I was a substitute so don't have a lot of the day to day experiences. It has also been many years since i worked in that type of position. Lincoln seemed to be a good school.
Excellent working environment, support by administrators, innovative strategies in education
Family Literacy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 22, 2017
Worked as consultant so no benefits were offered or received.
School principals are effective and work closely with staff. Most schools use a team approach to providing educational opportunities to students.