Lincoln University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lincoln University
Program Coordinator, New Student Programming (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 4, 2018
I have learned a lot working here. Its a good place to get your foot in the door at for people wanting to start off in the field of Higher Education. The work environment is pretty relaxed and fun. The students make it worth you wild to be here. Wouldn't trade the time here for anything.
I enjoyed working at Lincoln University.
COORDINATOR OF INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with Lincoln University music students. The 90 minute drive to and from work was too much at the time. I left and worked at Camden City Schools full time. I taught music at Lincoln University of PA for two years. From 1990 to 1991; and 2000 to 2001.
Pros
Students
Cons
Drive
The job is productive, fun and fast-paced work.
Teaching Assistant for C++ and Java (Current Employee) –  wright hall, Ivory V. Nelson Science Building,March 18, 2018
Working at the college I am attending offers me dual benefits. while teaching myself how to lead stable life in the midst of several work loads, and gaining different skills demanded in the work environment it also renders basics of how to connect with a coworkers and clients in way that fosters personal satisfaction in the service. However there are times I wouldn't be in control of the tasks or maintain balance of all the works, this happens when one of the activities or study course takes more time than its scheduled for. As a result, to cope up with the fast-paced manner of the work I have to take times scheduled for the other activities or find a worker who can cover for me. Except this part of the jobs it's all enjoyable and productive working condition.
Productive and innovative
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAMarch 4, 2018
Met some great people and establish a good network. Introduced many innovative ideas and saw their implementation. I was able to interact with professionals both internally, externally and internationally.
Productive school learning environment for students to build their education while meeting new friends and trying new things.
Student Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 5, 2018
Lincoln university was fun because I wasn’t used to college life and working with your professors and teachers aides helps you out a lot with courses.
Pros
Free lunch, free room and board.
Cons
Short breaks
Liked my job!
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 28, 2018
Loved my job. The administration changed to often and was not necessarily always for the university’s best interest. Most people were great to work with it except in cases where the person in charge did not like you. Did not get salary increases over many years. Always seem to be going through changes and struggling since so many changes in the administration.

Opportunities to go to school we’re good. For the most part pretty good benefits, and health nsurance and vacation. This job provided a lot of different elements and was able to speak and communicate with lots of different people. If you like to work with students it was a wonderful.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough advancement available.
Independent work environment
Boiler Operator/Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 23, 2018
Initially a good work environment with independence to perform work suited to your skills. A new president and an outsourced company changed everything to the opposite, as well as, most benefits were removed.
Tutor Program
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Had a great experience helping my peers with complex assignments. I had the opportunity to guide, support, and monitor students with their essays and research papers. I was given the opportunity by my manager to become a part of the MAWCA in Penn State. This granted me the chance to speak to members, tutors, and students about social injustices in writing with today’s society. I’m overall happy that I gained leadership, empathy, and analytical skills by being a tutor at The Lincoln University.
Pros
Helping fellow students
Cons
Hours not long enough
Working in an office environment with the opportunity to learn and work with professionals.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 2, 2018
• Working in an office- I normally arrive to work some minutes early and make a to-do-list and tick them when they are done. I don’t leave before finishing my “must-do” items for the day.
• I like to communicate very clearly with my manager and other co-workers, state my ideas and learn new things from others.
• I expect an organised manager who has a clear plan in mind and lead me to the right direction for my success and the team’s success.
• I would like to work in a friendly environment that trust, honesty and teamwork are the principals.
• The most enjoyable part of the job could be:
o Learning new things
o Achieving mid-level and final goals
o Make internal and external customers happy
• There is nothing hard about working! I enjoy working and failure has no meaning in my dictionary.
over all ok
Executive Chef/Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PADecember 27, 2017
It is not a bad company to work for. For me I feel it's not a company that will give the chance for advancement. The company is small, and located more in the south. This position would work for a person that speaks Spanish. Communication is a problem for me.
Great school
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PANovember 17, 2017
I only worked here while I was attending undergrad, I did not work here as a professional career. Lincoln University has a wealth of history and is a very good school. I am a proud alumni.
Challenging , fun and beautiful historic campus
Facility Grounds Manager Aramark Corporation (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PANovember 16, 2017
I was a facility manager for Aramark that handled the Physical Plant needs of the University. Aramark is great and has significantly impacted the campus grounds and facilities. it is always a challenge meeting a clients needs and balancing them with fiscal sensibilities and the GM there does an outstanding job balancing all those needs. It is like a family there in all ways a family can be but at the end of the day all gets done by some very good people.
Loved working there and will remember my experiences there fondly and forever. Go Lions and Lions Pride grounds crew ooohrah
Pros
company cares
Cons
Lots to do to update from years of wear and tear on all systems
awsome place to work
Assistant to the Director (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, PANovember 13, 2017
Great team environment, the holiday parties were very family like get together my boss was awesome she had worked there for several years. The food was great and received a discount for employees at lunchtime.
Pros
great parking
Cons
parking was far from the buildings
Good working and learning environment
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 7, 2017
If you love books and helping people with their required learning materials, then Lincoln library is a god place to work. This is a University library and they hire the Lincoln University students only.
productive and lovely job to be apart of
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAOctober 24, 2017
I enjoy my job as a teacher assistant still being a college student, i receive many different life skills such as time management my speaking skills. To receive a great jobs s mine you have to be recommended for it. You have to remain focused and stay on task with balancing your students and still knowing you college student yourself.
Lack of vision
Staff (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 30, 2017
Unfortunately, this is a place that rewards incompetence and lack of structure while shunning experience and expertise. Employees are not compensated based on skill, but rather who you know.
Pros
School schedule. Off during the summer.
Cons
Lack of pay incentive for experience, duties performed, and skills offered
Wonderful workplace, respectful, family atmosphere professionals
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2017
It is a learning environment were all views and opinions are respected and taken into accounts. The workplace culture is one of person first and the hardest part of the job is when the weather is bad or if the whole class doesn't show up for a presentation.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the pleasure of seeing your hard work pay off when students succeed!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, professional
Great Place!
Video/Audio Manager and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PASeptember 25, 2017
I loved LU, the staff, and the amazing students! I had a nice time there and felt like the job afforded me a healthy work life balance. I would highly recommend.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 21, 2017
Because it's the education industry you have peak periods where things are really hectic but since it's a school on the smaller end work load is manageable. It's a unique place to work and you will meet interesting students and people from all over the world. I appreciated my time working there.
cuthroat culture
Student Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 8, 2017
job security is not present. Things are constantly changing and they work off of emotions. I love Lincoln ads my alma mater, however working there is a different story altogether.
Pros
benefits are okay, and it is flexible
Cons
cuthroat