Lincoln University Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 25, 2018
Very relaxing work environment. They have been going through a lot of Presidents and each one wants to bring in their own staff which can push out those that have not only worked there for years but are also alum of the university.
Even though extremely busy, everyone looked at each other as family.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJuly 23, 2018
The position I held was a very fast-paced, high stress job. I have learned to multi-task and help others with the application process. We were busy from start to finish every day which was fine. I hate to be bored.
Pros
The benefit package was very generous.
Long time ago
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 17, 2018
I worked for Lincoln University from 2006-2008. During that time I was a part-time employee, so many of the questions do not pertain to me, or my position.
Pros
Supervisor was relaxed
Cons
Lots of work for the pay
Culture of micromangement
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJuly 11, 2018
Extremely politically correct; director micromanaged; judgmental atmosphere. One felt like one was in a fish bowl. The paperwork was endless. We were to take responsibility for students' failures.
Pros
adequate pay and good benefits.
Cons
fishbowl
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 10, 2018
Working with people from all over the world was great. I had to learn how to deal with various situations in a timely manner. Working at Lincoln University gave me communication and life skills that I will use for the rest of my life.
Productive Environment
Associate Director of Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJuly 10, 2018
It was a different experience that gave me an opportunity to broaden my horizons. I loved the students. They were very creative and talented overall with great potential. The kept me young and vibrant. The Student Affairs Professionals cared about student success and what was in the best interest of the students. Being able to create living learning environments with the intent of helping students to develop holistically. Strategically operating with a student centered approach.
Pros
Overall great energy...
Cons
Na
Great work experience
Residential life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 25, 2018
Long hours but worth the time to see the kids smile. I would go back if the pay were a tad bit better. I just need more money to take care of my family.
Great people
CO-Principal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 24, 2018
The school has a high administrative turn over rate and this makes the institution climate shaky. There are some great people here who love what they do, but they need stable leadership.
Pros
Discount for families to attend college
Great faculty and staff
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 25, 2018
I thought that Lincoln was a great University and offered an exceptional education at an affordable price to many students. The hardest part of the job in my opinion was working with the local community as they seemed to shun Lincoln.
Pros
Really doing amazing things for students providing education and culture.
Cons
Small town
Great opportunity
Secretary of Financial Aid Dept (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 24, 2018
Excellent arena to grow as a business professional looking. Wonderful co-workers who will look to help you grow in the work space. Would recommend any young professional to work here.
job intro
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 17, 2018
This is an okay job. They work with your hours and help you along the way. The only thing is that the job is not organized as much as it should be at times
Pros
time flex
Cons
not organized
Easy going and productive
DEAN OF STUDENT AFFAIRS (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed and I learned new things everyday as well as how those around me operate. Lincoln University has opened many doors for me academically and career wise.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks
A great HBCU
Associate Professor in Education (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 9, 2018
Lincoln University is set in Jefferson City, MO with small class sizes with personal attention from professors and staff. The education and nursing programs are fantastic.
Good place to start
Assistant to Student Services Director (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 9, 2018
Good place to get experience with diversity of students. Management hard to say as some good as some require to be more better. Salary paid with minimum wage which is not enough for living
Great learning environment
QC/QA Inspector,project management (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, PAApril 22, 2018
Working on FF&E projects using auto cad and refit for placement of furniture and redesigning location of walls to enhance environment, and utilize space to the maximum . Learned how to keep within tight budges for demanding finance V.P. The culture was relaxed ,working with students is pleasure ,working at such a historical instution is rewarding. The hardest part of the job was keeping every one on the project on the same page. The most enjoyable part of the job was the chance to be creative.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
not enough money to do a job to the best of my ability.
fun environment to work
Game Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAApril 16, 2018
came in let the students play the games or pool. if it was my event night we watched football basketball empire or movies. gotta help students with their homework or teach them how to play cards or shoot pool.
Pros
just meeting new people seeing smiling faces
Cons
didnt work enough
Lincoln University
Program Coordinator, New Student Programming (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 4, 2018
I have learned a lot working here. Its a good place to get your foot in the door at for people wanting to start off in the field of Higher Education. The work environment is pretty relaxed and fun. The students make it worth you wild to be here. Wouldn't trade the time here for anything.
I enjoyed working at Lincoln University.
COORDINATOR OF INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with Lincoln University music students. The 90 minute drive to and from work was too much at the time. I left and worked at Camden City Schools full time. I taught music at Lincoln University of PA for two years. From 1990 to 1991; and 2000 to 2001.
Pros
Students
Cons
Drive
The job is productive, fun and fast-paced work.
Teaching Assistant for C++ and Java (Current Employee) –  wright hall, Ivory V. Nelson Science Building,March 18, 2018
Working at the college I am attending offers me dual benefits. while teaching myself how to lead stable life in the midst of several work loads, and gaining different skills demanded in the work environment it also renders basics of how to connect with a coworkers and clients in way that fosters personal satisfaction in the service. However there are times I wouldn't be in control of the tasks or maintain balance of all the works, this happens when one of the activities or study course takes more time than its scheduled for. As a result, to cope up with the fast-paced manner of the work I have to take times scheduled for the other activities or find a worker who can cover for me. Except this part of the jobs it's all enjoyable and productive working condition.
Productive and innovative
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAMarch 4, 2018
Met some great people and establish a good network. Introduced many innovative ideas and saw their implementation. I was able to interact with professionals both internally, externally and internationally.