Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Antiquated learning model
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 3, 2018
LMB's model is based on dated cognitive science that has long since been disproven. The program is structured as a multi-week intensive program that conflicts with present-day understanding of cognitive development. Parents lament over the cost of the program, then realize soon after conclusion that very little of the cognitive programming that LMB claims is transformed actually is.
Pros
Cons
Ineffective, antiquated learning model
Overall a great work place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 2, 2018
Great place to work but the salary could be better

Great co-workers

Children are the most enjoyable part of the job

The repetitive nature of the work is the hardest part of the job
An OK introduction to teaching if you have no other options
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Newton Center, MAApril 12, 2018
The parents are charged $1,000 a week, 50k a year. You receive $15 an hour. The company has begun to lump children together in instruction sessions (parents are promised 1-on-1 instruction). At first I got very positive feelings from working at LMB, but eventually hostility toward male clinicians and unfair pay forced me to part ways.
Pros
Relaxed wor environment
Cons
Emotionally draining, unfair pay, declining company
Corporate Could Not Care Any Less About Employees
Clinician (Current Employee) –  NYMarch 21, 2018
*Every minute of your 8-6 day is booked - good luck finding time for a bathroom break
*In your center, Management may care but do not have time or resources to address issues such as: burn-out/overwork, not getting breaks, wanting to advance, wanting professional development, etc.
*People you work with every day tend to be fantastic, but Corporate forces culture of fake happy that usually taints genuine good feeling (example: being forced to say "my pleasure" instead of "you're welcome")
*High turn-over rate for above reasons, so very few experienced team members
*Unannounced pay cuts whenever Corporate feels they are not making enough money
Pros
Truly making a difference in the lives of students
Cons
Not paid enough for how hard you work. And you are expected to work HARD.
Fun and rewarding job for young educators
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2018
I love working at Lindamood-Bell. The difference that we make in children's lives in a few short weeks is tangible and real. The days go by quick as they are segmented into easily handled hour-long chunks, so even if one hour is hard, the next could be way better. I learned a lot about educating young children, motivating them, and working with a variety of diagnoses and learning challenges.

The hardest part of this job is during the summer when we are the busiest. Trying to juggle the myriad things we have and delivering the best instruction can often seem overwhelming.
Pros
Working with fun kids, positive atmosphere, opportunities for advancement, flexible hours
Cons
Mid-shift schedule changes, hectic summer shifts
Effective Programs in a Struggling Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes is trying to change the company to help solve the ebb and flow. In their attempt to stop the boom and bust cycle they are trying to add more services that bring in more revenue but don't align with their service oriented and 1-1 model.

The company has lots of opportunities if you are willing to travel and sacrifice your work/life balance but not much in the way for the bulk of the company, clinicians and consultants.
Pros
work closely with students
Cons
often frantic environment and unstable schedule
Very Poor Culture
Learning Center Director (Current Employee) –  Southeast USFebruary 6, 2018
As a current mid-level manager, I am actively seeking another position. Company financial instability and bad leadership are common for LMB. It is unfortunate, as the service they provide can be helpful to children.
Pros
Working with kids.
Cons
Corporate leadership is as bad as I have ever experienced.
Mission to change how reading is taught
Director, Lindamood-Bell for Schools (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Lindamood-Bell is committed to changing how reading is taught. Focusing on strengthening underlying sensory-cognitive processes that develop comprehension and decoding skills, the programs used by Lindamood-Bell are brilliant in their simplicity and effectiveness.
Great Mission, Poor Execution
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CADecember 27, 2017
While the mission of Lindamood-Bell is incredibly useful and noble, on a daily basis it looks like the company has forgotten about its origin. Having workers do an incredible amount of work while being underpaid is quite inhumane, so much that it makes the staff have no motivation to do their job.
Very good experience working with children in small groups
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2017
I received excellent training and experience working with pre-school and elementary grade students whom needed advancement in phonics and reading comprehension skills as well as positive discipline and small group management techniques. I was also well trained in reading skills assessment.
Pros
Working with pupils of diverse backgrounds, team work environment.
Cons
Pay was low.
Meh
Clinician (Former Employee) –  RIDecember 8, 2017
There is no support for the people that work there and overall a very unhelpful environment where they expect a lot and don't pay you for it. Overall, not a great time.
Flexible, but disposible
Mentor/Pacer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2017
I liken this job to Taco-Bell. They make a recipe that will work for most people, and that most people are able to make. But since most people are able to make it, they are uninterested in keeping any employee. The pay is very very low, and they can't guarantee hours outside of summer. I personally would say to avoid this company at all costs, because of how little emphasis it puts on keeping their employees happy. To the company, it doesn't matter if you are good, or bad at the job. They just need anyone to do the job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low Pay, Low Hours, Disregard for Your Job Satisfaction
Okay temporary job
Clinician, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CANovember 20, 2017
LMB is a great company and they provide really amazing services for children and adults with learning difficulties. There is a lot of room for upward mobility in the company, but my hourly wage did not ever change to reflect the added responsibilities I took on. Overall I did enjoy my time working at LMB and gained a lot of great experience. The company culture is really positive, but also extremely by-design. You almost have to fit a VERY specific mold to move up into salaried positions.
great workplace culture
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2017
since starting with LMB for the summer season, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the leadership and the children that we help. Everyone has been supportive and invested in my growth as a clinician. Perhaps I am just lucky but, all the staff seems to get along and genuinely like each other and we are all working toward the same goal.
Pros
breaks, fun environment, good compensation
Cons
health, dental, vision only for full-time employees
Fun Summer Job
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 26, 2017
LMB was a fun place to work. You get to spend time with kids and all ages. The energy is high and employees are hired to be fun and good with kids. You get plenty of paid training.
Exciting and Fun place to teach and to learn
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for Lindamood-Bell. Their technique was amazing and I learned a lot while there. It was a seasonal position. I wish I could have gone on to permanent employment.
Do not work here
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Management is self-serving and blind to employee needs. Advancement is difficult. Pay is laughable. The company - by their own admission - values show over efficiency, which says all there is to say.
Making a Difference in Children's and Adult's Life
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2017
Great Full-Time Hours in Summer
Paid 2 Week Training
Awesome Coworkers
Very Supportive Upper Management
Making a Difference in Children's and Adult's Life
The Programs Really Work!
Pros
Paid Full-Time 2 Week Training, Amazing Coworkers, and Very Rewarding
Cons
Positive work environment working with educators
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 26, 2017
Learn how to teach reading in a way you never learned before! Work one on one with students and help them discover their potential and to believe in themselves. It is a great summer position for college students or teachers. It is hard work, but it is rewarding!
Pros
Positive friendly people, work with younger and older students, meet lots of people
Excellent mission, poor management
Consultant and After-School Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 26, 2017
What Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes teaches is invaluable. If you are a good critical thinker and can process language effectively then it is easy to be promoted from a Clinician to a Consultant. Once you get to this point politics and circumstances come in to play with regard to any other promotion (even if you are the most trained and qualified). There is so much turn around in the management that there is absolutely no continuity within each learning center for years at a time. The corporate side of the business cares more about profit than it does about the staff at the learning centers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight