Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes

Clear

Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun Friday

It's a nice place to work as a college student, the pay was definitely the biggest incentive to work there, my coworkers were always very nice, but there was some micro managing by the managment team.

Pros

Helping students

Cons

Micro managing

Great Job

I enjoyed my time at Lindamood-Bell. Being a clinician is a great seasonal job. It's very fulfilling to see students grow so much. I would work there again.

Pros

Fulfilling, Building relationships

Cons

Tiring

Lindamood Bell Clinician

I I am very happy at my job. I love the kids. I love my coworkers. It is a very positive place to work. The only thing that could be improved is the compensation for the work that I do.

Pros

Positive work environment. Great kids great coworkers

Cons

Compensation

Great job for those in college/grad school

Very positive company culture that most of the staff follows. Learned a lot by working with kids and adults. Great experience for those pursuing education ot similar degrees. They train you inLMB programs. You can advance to assessing students depending on the need in your center.

Pros

Working with kids, trained in programs

Cons

A lot depends on your center management

good work culture, mediocre pay

work culture is very positive and management very supportive and flexible with scheduling. The teaching techniques used with the students are effective, if at times repetitive. In light of very detailed, rigorous training, and very specific teaching techniques clinicians are expected to master and implement, the hourly wage is rather low

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

It ain't too shabby

The management staff on site is great and understanding. Corporate is cheap though. Good environment, co-workers are friendly/polite. But you've got bad hours if you're doing part-time. Would recommend for anyone looking for an afternoon side hustle

poor management and terrible culture

if management fails or has difficulties, prepare to take all the blame and be worked to death in the summer busy season. Working with the kids is challenging but rewarding and would make it all worth it, if it wasn't for the toxic culture.

Public School Educators Beware

The workplace culture was very elitist. The expectations of management were very high. Employees were expected to know the program in-depth after a two-week training. The training was thorough; however, it did not equip you to work independently as a clinician as was expected immediately after training. Management placed clinicians with students too early in the process and then were hypercritical. Some supervisors were supportive and helpful, but most were condescending. This company may appear to pay well initially for part-time work, but the work pace is intense and demanding with unreasonable expectations. The company does not allow discipline of the clients in any way. I believe in positive reinforcement, but the children were often in charge, running through the building without shoes, eating through the sessions, bringing blankets and personal items, and working under the tables. This company caters to the elite! They charge very high prices and must keep the children entertained and willing to come back. Public school educators on summer vacation, BEWARE! You will know more and have more experience than most of the staff. However, your opinion will not be valued. In my opinion, this job is not for professional educators.

Outstanding environment for entry level educators

Lindamood-Bell is an extraordinary place to work. Tutors, called "clinicians", are given an intense training in the company's proprietary learning techniques, then gain immediate opportunity to put their newfound skills to work in a one-to-one environment with real students. The work can be very challenging, even overwhelming at first. However, the environment is second to none, and their goal is to put the fun into learning. Weekly costume contests, student celebrations, peer-to-peer recognition and frequent feedback truly make this a delightful place to work.

Pros

Culture, people

Cons

Low wage, no benefits

Very positive work environment

The administration established a very positive work environment for its employees and students. The culture was inclusive and forgiving of shortcomings.

Good

It was a good place to work. The atmosphere there was positive and the management was supportive. In addition, though I had been teaching for years there were new strategies I was introduced to.

The kids are amazing but management needs to get it together.

Lindamood-Bell is a great place to work at if you enjoy being around children and interacting with them on a consistent basis. The training for their main programs is very detailed and complete, plus they work. The management, on the other hand, is not so great. Often times it feels as if they don't care to listen to complaints to help improve culture and overall job satisfaction.

Pros

working with children, making a difference

Cons

the pay, management, stressful, lack of support

Corporate Could Not Care Any Less About Employees

*Every minute of your 8-6 day is booked - good luck finding time for a bathroom break *In your center, Management may care but do not have time or resources to address issues such as: burn-out/overwork, not getting breaks, wanting to advance, wanting professional development, etc. *People you work with every day tend to be fantastic, but Corporate forces culture of fake happy that usually taints genuine good feeling (example: being forced to say "my pleasure" instead of "you're welcome") *High turn-over rate for above reasons, so very few experienced team members *Unannounced pay cuts whenever Corporate feels they are not making enough money

Pros

Truly making a difference in the lives of students

Cons

Not paid enough for how hard you work. And you are expected to work HARD.

Fabulous employees

Great work environment - the staff have a professional but friendly "culture" that is created by design and people are specifically selected to be able to blend with this ideal.

Pros

Moral Fulfillment

Cons

Part time during the summer

Great Place To Work

Fun place to work if you like kids, and enjoy seeing people make improvements. I learned how to motivate people. The hardest part of the job, was dealing with special needs kids.

a terrific curriculum, great team, positive culture

This company's curriculum is outstanding and can bring tremendous growth to students in six weeks, a typical length of intensive participation. The atmosphere is a positive one with a great company culture. The downside is lack of hours during slow seasons, low wages, and no benefits to part-time employees.

Pros

positive company culture

Cons

poor wages and minimal hours in down season