Lindblad Expeditions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
One of the best jobs I had. My office window was always full of wildlife and beautiful scenery.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2018
Lindblad is a great place to work. Just like most of the maritime industry you work a 12 hour day with a great crew and passengers. I worked on all of the ships systems and maintained the hotel side as well. Working on a stateroom was not always fun when you have an unhappy passenger looking over your shoulder but most of the time it was not too terrible. If the job payed more I think I would still be working there. How could you not love exploring nature and meeting wonderful people every day? All in all Lindblad expeditions is a great place to work.
Pros
Good benefits, great places to visit
Cons
Low pay
The love boat
Deck Hand (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 27, 2018
I was not informed with the phone interview before I stopped my life for six months that I would be getting paid less then medium wage in all the states that we traveled into. It was 12 hour watches for 112 per day. Very tight boat, 153 feet with 100 people always on it. This place would be great for someone that is just trying to get their feet wet in the merchant industry, but not for one that is experienced as a professional.
Pros
Food
Cons
one day off per month
A job where you can travel the world, save money, and make tons of friends
Assistant Expedition Leader (Current Employee) –  InternationalSeptember 23, 2017
This job is perfect for someone who doesn't mind being away from home for long periods of time, and somebody that loves to travel. You work long days but you also get to join the tours and lectures when your schedule allows. You become really close with your shipmates who become like a second family to you. It's not always easy work but it is worth it!
Pros
Travel, wildlife, free room and board, easy to save
Cons
Away from home, long hours, shared accommodation
Fun job, great opportunities for travel
Chief Purser/Assistant Expedition Leader (Former Employee) –  Seattle,WAJune 27, 2015
Long work days. Overall pay is low, but room and board are provided. Great for someone looking for travel opportunities.
Career
NS-5 Trainer/ Administrator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 26, 2014
I love what I do everyday... I love to deal with people especially if they needs my help for any assistance. There never has been any hardest part of my job and my co-workers are so nice. We are all flexible with our hours and work wise, excellent. No complaint!
However, I am looking for a long time career and a company who will sponsor me.
Pros
flexible work time
Great for travel and making $$
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 20, 2013
Fun but face paced, not much personal space or time between shifts but you see the most amazing things, Glaciers of Alaska, Pet gray whales in Mexico, sea-lions/turtles of Galapagos, penguins at the ice caps… That and the people you meet are amazing. this company has National Geographic heavyweights on all the time for special trips. I have meet quite a few important people that are well known in other industries.
Pros
Fun, Travel, save $$, see nature at its best!
Cons
12-14 hours 7 days/week. only home 4 months a year. Get burned out
Good experience, tough work in a great environment
Steward (Former Employee) –  Costa Rica and PanamaApril 1, 2013
Long days, low pay but fun environment with great co-workers
A good company to grow with.
Captain (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA.August 30, 2011
This company is a fun company to grow with. It allows a young person in his/her career a lot of responsibility from having little experience. There training program is above average.
Pros
excellent training., great goals
Cons
very poor retirement program, micromanagement from upper management of officers