Linden Bulk Transportation LLC Employee Reviews

they have break rooms for thier drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMay 23, 2018
a typical work day is to come in at 7 AM do my pretrip then make sure the load I'm taking the paper work is correct being that its hazardous material and then deliver the product and unload. management is ok , work place was easy no hassel from management. the hardest part of the job is you have to be very aware of your surrounding when unloading. the best part is you get to know the placeses you go too..they always the same customers
Cons
Bad loads and bad pay scale
O/O Driver (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 31, 2018
This company needs work. Joliet terminal is fairly new and has no load board so you're pretty much forced dispatched on all your loads out that terminal. Head haul pay is pretty good but if u return empty then you're screwed. Only way to make money is with a back haul and it's hard to get because they dont have many terminals. You will feel like a company driver when you signed for a o/o position. Other terminals are much better. Home time sucks. If u have a family this is not the company for you. Trailers are pure garbage and not well maintained. I did a pre trip and had to replace 5 of the 8 trailer tires cause no one else did plus they look like they been rolled several times and put back together. That's a green light for a dot inspection. Like I said it needs work.
Pros
Nice tractors and low weekly payments
Cons
Low pay scale, forced dispatched, not so good home time
Not a good place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 27, 2018
If you are thinking about working here I would really look for other options. There is no flexibility, management is non sympathetic and if you were to get into a car accident they would still expect you to work. I do not recommend working here at all.
Free Lunch!!
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 12, 2018
One of the Little things that was very goof, was the free lunch awarded to Management daily. If you showed up you got it, which really helped considering how hard it was to get out and get your own
Good place to work in trucking.
Fleet Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Decent working atmosphere & environment & salary. Pleasant people. Fast paced. Decent vacation & holiday schedule. Steady work, some room for advancement.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Expensive medical benefits
Good place to work. What you think matters.
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJNovember 22, 2017
Linden is a fast-paced environment. There is always more to learn to enhance productivity. Managers are willing to help you succeed if you enlist their help. It is the type of place where you get back what you put into the job.
Pros
Steady work, paid weekly, friendly staff
Cons
Working in inclement weather
to stressfull
Driver (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI 53511October 15, 2017
to long of days.not enough home time.always under watchfull eyes.no matter what drivers always wrong.to stressfull,unloading in all types of weather.dispatch to much favortism
Pros
good benefits
Cons
to stressfull
Fast Paced Environment
Safety (Current Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LAAugust 17, 2017
I have been an employee here for 5 years. I have had the opportunity to advance my career and work with some great people. LINDEN is family oriented and a lot of us are pretty close. There is a lot of Team Work, and we all pull our weight. Managers are very knowledgeable and have many years of experience that they bring to the table. Things can be hectic at times, but working around great people, seems to lessen the chaos.
Pros
Not micro managed, Room for advancment, Medical/Dental/Vision, Family Atmosphere.
Extremely family orientated
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 17, 2017
Working with linden, is the best thing that has happened to me given the opportunity to be a productive recruiter. Working at Linden is family orientated, with honest care about their employees. Linden goes far and beyond for their employees, with many sources of help within the company to help an employee get through a personal matter.
Pros
Free Lunches, Pto, & great benefits
Great First Full-Time Job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
I worked in data entry from 8-5 monday through friday. I learned customer service skills and computer skills. I enjoyed working for the managers. The workplace was friendly and felt like a family. The hardest part of this job was not having work to do. The most enjoyable part were the people I got to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Slow days
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative/Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAAugust 8, 2017
on the daily I communicate with customers and give them the best satisfaction we can and to provide to get the job done, some days can be a great challenge to keep our customers happy. I love working with people and we are like a family here.
Friendly work environment with free lunch.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJuly 10, 2017
This job is great. You learn a lot very fast as to the mechanics of the job. The hardest part of the job is trying to rectify any problems with employess to the dont quit.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Productive work place with no down time.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 5, 2017
Good place to learn and grow with. Management is a little emotional and are not the best at converting. Everyone is friendly and personable here and always say "Good Morning" "Hello" "Good Bye". Coworkers have a hard time getting a point across and act a little dramatic when in a tight space.
Pros
Free Lunch if selected
Cons
Emotional management and coworkers
One of the worst companies to work for as an Owner Op
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMay 4, 2017
Linden is not a good company when it comes to being an owner operator. It is only a good company if you already own the truck and you work out of Linden, New Jersey. If you are not based out of Linden, and you work out of Bensalem, PA, you are going to go "broke", and possibly lose your house, because they give the best loads to the guys who have already been there for awhile, whilst I receive the short-end of the stick. If you lease an older truck with them, your truck is most likely going to be in the shop. If you lease a new shop, however, you won't have to worry about the truck being in the shop, you'll just have to worry about a huge payment (large deductions from your settlements).

Management constantly lies and always harasses and calls to find out where you are. Even as an owner operator, that's unheard of, because we aren't getting paid by the hour. They can also check to see where we are at by using the QUALCOMM. They recently implemented a new procedure where you have to call ONE hour before you go to work to let Linden dispatch know that you're coming in for work. (This is at the Bensalem terminal, by the way. Linden itself doesn't even do this). The management micro-manages everything, from what the dispatcher gives (loads), from drivers, to finding out where people are, to wanting people to call to let them know when they're coming in for work, which is absolutely absurd and unheard of.

Be careful of doing movements, (moving one tanker to different terminals) because you most likely will not get paid for it. Management lies and claims that they will pay
  more... you for it, but don't. Pro Tip: Always ask for a MOVEMENT NUMBER. If you don't, your screwed.

Please avoid this company like the plague.

TL;DR: This company is the worst company to work for if you're based in Bensalem. If you're a company guy, you don't get hours, so you don't get paid. If you're an owner op, you don't make enough money to pay all your expenses.
Pros
Ability to Reject Loads as an Owner Op
Cons
Lying Management, not making money as an owner op, high truck payments, micromanagement, most of the time bad runs
Co-workers
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2017
BAD COMMUNICATION!!! Higher up does not communicate properly with owner opts, all loads need to be based on percentage.
Pros
Balance
Cons
Money
Great people and excellent operating procedure
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 29, 2017
Working here has helped me develop how to quickly and accurately make decisions that are mutually beneficial for both the company and our workers in a fast paced evironment.
Pros
Paid lunch
Family owned company
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAOctober 14, 2016
Upper management was great to work for as it was a family owned company. Co-workers were easy to get along with and hang out with after hours. The amount of hours expected for managers to work each day.
Pros
Lunches paid for daily
Beware
Driver (Former Employee) –  TXJuly 13, 2016
Company does not care about its drivers. Their only concern is getting next driver in to fill a truck. Once there you are all on your own. Good luck, but get a bad truck and you are toast.
Pros
The chaos
Cons
Lying
Good Company. You will feel like family.
Hazmat liquid bulk truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 8, 2016
just find your place and remember what you there for $. Laid back environment. there is room for growth and mistakes. being available is most important to linden. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
They accommodate all their employees. Good pay and some benefits.
Cons
some typical bad days like most jobs
No consistency! No miles!
Tranport (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 7, 2016
Its funny, ive read some of the reviews previously posted by former drivers, and I have to say, those are the one maybe two that had few good dispatches in order to say,"its not the worst company", it very much is! From the top down to dispatch, it is by far the worst company to get involved with. No training, no organization, the loads...Extremely inconsistent! Extreme favoritism, you cannot make money with this company! And Im speaking to the ppl who knows what good money is! Stay away! They advertise 175-225 thousand a year...Bs...Dont get caught up, like I did.
Pros
no slip seating, comaraderie with other other drivers
Cons
recruiting, training, safety, customer service, dispatch...GARBAGE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linden Bulk Transportation LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about