Lindsey State Jail Employee Reviews

I love the people I work with.
Correctional Officer/Use of Force Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksboro, TX 76458June 7, 2017
After being at this job as long as I have been, I can do many jobs and I get what I call "volan-told" to help other departments and at times my works suffers.I don't like to take time off due to because I know that there is no one to who will do my work for me while I am gone. I love the people that I work with. I feel like they are more like family. We pull together when one is ill or injured and cheer when something great happens in another employees life. My day consist of going over paperwork from all shifts and entering them into the computer to be sent to the state or the company. I send anything back to supervisors for correction and once it comes back correct, it is then filed for 3 years. I also maintain files. I break paperwork packets apart and check for signatures, dates, etc. and then file that paperwork. I also work as a correctional officer and that is a whole new job description. To put it in its simplist form...I keep the community safe from the convicted offenders and I keep the offenders safe from other convicted offenders.
Pros
I have a lot of good friends;I became a stronger person working here
Cons
Hard to leave work at work
Very well maintained
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksboro, TXJune 6, 2017
Ever since i started working there i have had to deal with inmates on a daily basis and i learned a lot of new skill such as leadership and consistency and also how to control anger
Lindsey State Jail
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksboro, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Start anywhere between 5 am and 6 am, always be on the lookout for contraband, inmates sneaking food or other stuff back to their cells. Keeping inmates on task, making sure all paperwork is done on time, food is prepared on time and no overages.
I have learned I have to watch my own back, because others will throw you under the bus if they can. You have to be firm, do not give any leeway, because the inmates will take advantage of it.
Trying to make everyone happy, it is impossible,
Going home anywhere between 6pm and 8pm, and coming in on a weekend day is normal. This position is better suited for someone who is single, with no children.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long hours, no paid holidays, on call all the time.
Lindsey state jail
Correctional Officer I (Current Employee) –  Jacksboro, TXDecember 1, 2016
Managing incarcerated adults from age 18-100.
Learned to communicate and deal any situation thrown my way.
the hardest part of my job is not knowing what the inmates next move is. my co workers are my rock they have my back as I do for them without them my job would be impossible we are a team and take every task seriously with smart decisions.
the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to change someone's life everyday.
Pros
bennifits, easy, inside work
Cons
low pay