LinkedIn Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Political mine field
Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  SunnyvaleAugust 7, 2018
The company was filled with ex-contractors from Apple and they treat as if you are an unwelcome entity. My manager was Asian guy who has zero respect for senior consultants like me. Your suggestions and ideas do not matter as you should do what an FTE employee tells you, even if your suggestions/ideas were to improve the quality of the product. Day in and out you were treated with disrespect. I worked in other companies like Facebook, HP etc and I was treated with respect. My manager was micro-managing me and criticizing is the only thing he excels in doing. Zero appreciation from any quarters. Good that it ended soon and I am back to where I loved to work
Pros
Free lunches and close to my home
Cons
Peers who are 95% Asians
Best Place To Work For
Fixed Asset Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 24, 2018
LinkedIn is a great company with many nice professionals who are willing to help at any time. They provide free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They also have many online training classes to take for free.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Cons
Nothing negative
Great place to work at
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 23, 2018
Worked as a contractor. Great place to work at. Free food, snacks, and drinks. Contractors are treated fair unlike other big companies. I highly recommend working at LinkedIn.
Great learning experience with industry leaders who inspire young talent.
Systems Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 22, 2018
I was fortunate to be part of this wonderful company, whose business actually helps improve the lives of people around the world. As a Systems Engineer Intern at LinkedIn, I was part of Compute Engineering team. I had the chance to learn and understand how LinkedIn operates with its Data Centers around the world. I had a wonderful mentor who would help me understand my job well. I also had a visionary manager whose intentions actually inspired me to work more passionately. My typical day would include, writing python scripts for an application development, weekly meetings with mentor or manager or the entire team. The encouragement I received, never made me think I had a hard job and I enjoyed every part of my time as an intern here. One thing that LinkedIn taught me is that to build strong relationships.
Pros
Free breakfasts, lunches and dinner too.
LinkedIn
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 19, 2018
LinkedIn was a great culture and company to work for. The learning aspect was amazing and training provided was superb. Management was coherent for the most part and helped when needed to align workforce to attain the goal sought after.
Good comunication,funny and sportive type.
Geological Engineer. (Former Employee) –  Canada Lake, NY,July 19, 2018
I would like to work abroad as mutch as i can and as long as i am single.I prefere to work in tunnels , caverns and to learn new professional things.I like sport as skiing,kitesurfing and footbal.
Great company and excellent perks
GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2018
I worked for this organization for about 3 years. They will push you and challenge you every day to get every bit of talent you possess out of you.

Perks included $2,000/year reimbursement for gym memberships or day care for your child. Its taxed so you get about 75% back.

Free lunch at all the offices. Annual trip all expenses paid to Las Vegas.

Once a month you have the opportunity to give back to your community and bring your parents and kids to work.

The office shuts down the whole week of July 4th and the week of Christmas. This is paid!

Take advantage of all the training opportunities(LinkedIn Learning and Trainings offered to your specific LOB.
Pros
Perks, Benefit and Open Cafeteria
Cons
If you do not want to take part in some or all group activities you will be isolated.
Great Company
Talent Acquisition Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 5, 2018
Very positive environment where people feel truly appreciated. The perks are amazing including the food, gym access and InDays. I would highly suggest looking at LinkedIn.
Everything you need to get great work done
Contract UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 25, 2018
All the processes at LinkedIn were really well thought through, so I experienced zero barriers to doing the best work of my life. I think toward the end of my time there, there was concern about the lack of quickness in my work, which is a shame, because things should be more about quality than about quantity. They were pressuring me to work 10-hour days, and I had a 2-hour commute. But it is a business after all.

My division used an agile development process with mandatory daily standups, so it was hard to come up with enough things to justify the day's work. Other agile departments make daily attendance optional, so you can work on things as needed, and seek out updates as needed.
Pros
Catered lunches, on-site games & gym
Cons
Very high expectations about productivity
Am amazing experience
Site Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
Great if you're in engineering. I left prior to their acquisition into Microsoft. The workplace culture was amazing, Speak Easy Rooms. In-House Theater. Ping Pong. Foosball. Rewarding Culture. Great People.
Work Summary
Main Cook (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 10, 2018
The most enjoyable thing is that its a 8 hours shift and under management all the team members work simultaneously and enjoy our work and we are praised for what we cook. I like when the employee praise my food.
Management is awesome. I got off when there is public holiday. Uniform is another plus. Dental vision and other insurance is included. No stress at job.
Over all its a five star. I bought a house in Manteca, so i need a job around there.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Cons
No cons.
Director, Solutions Sales, Americas (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2018
Great culture which makes the day to day a lot of fun. Company is going through a transition from hyper growth to stable growth and is trying to find its identity as it goes from disruptor to incumbent
Linkedin had great benefits
HR Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 20, 2018
Linkedin had great and smart employees to work with. The work was documented so you were set up to succeed. Management cared about you and cared about your career growth.
Amazing place to work
Consumer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2018
Upon hearing about this position, I expected it to be another typical customer service position -- boring office culture, drab building, poor interactions with customers.

My opinion was completely turned on its head.

The culture is amazing, with great benefits, and a great work environment. I am eternally grateful I had the opportunity to realize that even a customer support position can prove to be a worthwhile and meaningful job.
Exciting company and culture
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAMay 2, 2018
LinkedIn really does care about its people and culture. There are also plenty of groups with particular focus's one can join. There are always changes going on so you have need to be focused on what's relevant to you and your group.
It i very fun place to work
QTC Transformation Lead, Finance Transformation (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 26, 2018
Work life balance
Free Food
Direct interaction with your Business Users
Business User community is pretty hands on and they know what they need vs what is nice to have
Good company. I was a short term contractor but enjoyed my time there.
Sr. Sales Compensation (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WIMarch 14, 2018
See Review Summary. I worked for the HR VP, who was new and she needed someone with Sales Comp experience on the HR team. I was a contractor for a 6 month and enjoyed working with the Sales Organization as well as my VP.
Pros
Professional work environment
Cons
Wasn't able to convert from contractor to Reg Full Time.
Fun relaxed
FRONT END TECHNICAL RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 1, 2018
The company is a great one, management could use better training.
Hope the company puts more training into their mangers, they make employees quit and i dont blame
Pros
free lunch
Cons
competive
Enjoyable !
Life Sciences Instructor/Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Continuously striving to improve the products and services they provide to a changing workforce, which takes talent and courage. The drive to be at the cutting edge is apparent within the culture there.
Fun place to work; problems with management
GLOBAL BRAND MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Excellent benefits and some great people to work with; lack of career growth due to poor management; constant turn over results in a repetitive and uninspired culture, but the benefits (gym, free breakfast and lunch, unlimited time off) help to make up for downfalls in management
Pros
Great health benefits, free food, unlimited vacation
Cons
Management, lack of transparency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LinkedIn. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

63%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss