LinkedIn

LinkedIn Employee Reviews

United States211 reviews

Fun environment

Working here is fun and enjoyable for the most part. Easy to get through my days and enjoy the benefits too. Haven't been here too long yet, so not sure if my opinion might change the longer I'm here.

Too many disparate levels, poor cross-communication and mid-management that are followers and yet inexperienced! Too frustrating without enjoyment.

LinkedIn insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Great place to work overall

Great place to work. Culture is good and people are always willing to help. Sales goals can be high and stressful to hit at times which comes with any sales job.

Great place to do sales and culture

Overall great culture. Lots of pressure to hit numbers like any sales job. Very collaborative environment and people are always willing to help. Recommend to anyone looking to break into SaaS sales.

It really is about relationships

It doesn't actually matter how good you are at your job; to advance, you need to play office politics. In my twenty-year career, it's the only place I've worked where people regularly took off days or even weeks at a time due to bullying, stress, and mental health issues.

Pros

Food, comp

Cons

Culture, management

Good culture and WLB

Love the culture and people here! Work is challenging but not stressful. The company took good care of its employees during covid times but we still don't approve fully remote which is a bit of disappointing.

Great place to work, great benefits and people

Amazing place to work. The Sunnyvale campus had everything you could possibly need. I was able to attend fitness classes during lunch and the company was very flexible with working from where you need to work. Food was amazing!

Pros

Amazing breakfast, lunch, dinner

Cons

I was a contractor

Good for rest and vest but refresher is bad and cliff is horrible

- Good for rest and vest but refresher is bad and cliff is horrible- Too much processes and management is lacking- Lots of red tapes- Promo is hard and lots of redundant steps.

Great overall company, but department can break it

I work in a department that is conniving and has no respect for its employees. You are treated horrible and gaslit regularly, and it does not matter how well you perform. The main problem is middle management: people who should never become managers are put on that track just because they limit who they consider for candidates. In Engineering, you must have been an Engineer, and often times the people who are striving for management were bad engineers who just want to move into something else. The problem is, they also do not have people skills.

Pros

Benefits, projects

Cons

Management - no action ever taken against horrible managers

One of the few examples of a company that actually practices what it preaches

On your first day at LinkedIn, you’ll be taken through the Vision and Mission of the company. Everyone tries to reflect the North Star of the company at all levels - from thoughtful hiring to empathetic product building. I loved being a part of this company. Highly recommend!

Fun place to work, but lots of bureaucracy

I enjoyed my time working here, and they take care of you by way of extraordinary benefits and perks. However, as the company continues to grow, so does the bureaucracy.

Good people but a lot of pressure on growth

LinkedIn is a good company but has changed a lot in the last 3 years. The pressure for growth is impacting culture and job satisfaction. Everyone feels the pressure to perform or be replaced.

Pros

Free lunches & lots of free perks

Cons

Unrealistic growth targets, management through fear

High pay/high stress

Working in sales, the quotas are tough. I hit quota every quarter but it was a lot of work and stress to get there. Working under my first manager was great. I felt supported. My next manager, I felt micromanaged and stressed every quarter, even when my forecasts looked good. I loved the role when I started and hated it when I left. Your manager really makes or breaks the experience.

Amazing people, great management, works hard to help you achieve goals you set forth for yourself and really mentors you to your next play. I would rate this company 10 stars if I could.

Great place to work, but with competitive career advancement

Growth has been generally good, but you are going to want to be placed into the revenue generating teams here. It is hard to advance without being part of the core, but this can be said for many companies.Getting promoted beyond a certain level is very tough.

Best job ever

LinkedIn is the best company to work for in Omaha. Amazing benefit packages, 401k match, lots of PTO, lots of side money for reimbursing expenses, etc.Managers actually care about you and want you to succeed in your career at LinkedIn, but also elsewhere if that is where you are meant to be.

Pros

Free lunch, free snacks and drinks

Not the best place

Boring work, demanding bosses, no clear hierarchical structure, good first job if you can flip it into something else, maybe can improve over time, who knows?

The real real

Big opportunity to develop leaders and managers especially at the senior director level. Practices are often inequitable with promotions and treatment. Decisions are based on who you know and how much you are liked. Not what you accomplished.

Pros

unlimited time off and flexible work schedule

Cons

Not a performance driven culture

Great Company Culture and Motivated and Engaged Learning Environment! the Job, ENcourage

LinkedIn has a wonderful inclusive, learning, growth-mindset oriented culture that is very strategically important to thier overall innovative and collective organizational success. My team utilized and prioritized very effective collaborative and transparent, yet supportive team-oriented performance behaviors- while giving autonomy to complete projects and take initiative on new initiatives to grow your skillset. Wonderful culture, benefits, technological collaboration, and performance standards aligned with your personal technical expertise and capabilities. LinkedIn is a tremendous company to work for!

Pros

My team utilized and prioritized very effective collaborative, transparent, supportive climate, learning oppurtunties, skill development, autonomy, team-oriented culture

Cons

More and more contract and contingent work, comparatively fewer proportion of internal roles availible

Tough place to work

LinkedIn was a very tough place to work for me. I really disliked my time at the end due to the change in leadership. During my first year and a half of working there, I believe I was set up for a position of success. However, with new management, I was unfortunately under a political campaign to fail.

Pros

Free food, good benefits

Cons

toxic workplace environment

Management Trainee

If you like long hours, overtime, and getting cussed at by ignorant retail customers. It’s for you. The people you work for is the only reason you’d consider staying, but working retail 50+ hours a week can put a toll on you. Especially, when you have to wear dress clothes and sweat your butt off all day cleaning cars.

Pros

Paid time off, decent amount of vacation days, cool bosses, and flexible locations

Cons

Long hours, work weekends, no work life balance, poor compensation.

Common questions about LinkedIn

Answered by current and former employees at LinkedIn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LinkedIn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.5
InHerSight Score
4.5Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight