Linkus Enterprises Employee Reviews

Not much to say
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMarch 19, 2019
They worked us 10 +hours a day which was fine I like the money but the hourly wasn't worth it the extra things I sold made up for it then they started working us 6 days a week with out a break from it and we didnt get to take our Van's home so it just sucked and vitelli was a horrible boss he was power hungry and didnt care I heard it has gotten some what better but who knows
Pros
Hmm
Cons
Lots
So far fun place to work,challenging at times
Satellite Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 13, 2019
I just started working for nampa idaho linkus about a month ago i am the rural tech for baker city oregon and i love the freedom of being over here and all the country side i see yes i drive alot but i get company van all the product to do my job a gas card and paid to drive so far its a good place to work management and lead techs will answer your phone call and walk you through anything your not sure of they try to let you exceed in your job and make all the money you can i would recommend this job for anyone thats willing to sale and climb ladders and deal with costumers bit over all i dont plane on leaving this job till i cant do it anymore
Pros
Work Van, pay and good coworkers
Cons
So far nothing yet
diversified and intense learning environment
SATELLITE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 2, 2019
alot of outside work different duties daily rural and difficult set up
various tasks long hours no time for life outside of job in limited training at beginning of hire process
Long hours and inconsistent scheduling
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 21, 2018
The company takes care of you, if you take care of them in a sense. They make it hard to hit every metric you have and thats what bases your raise (if any) after each evaluation. It's easy to do the job, however, many aspects make the job difficult in the sense of you lose your mental stamina before you become physically exhausted. You're expected to up-sell optional "upgrades" such as HDMI cables, surge protectors, other installations and more. You can easily hit the mark and then some, however majority of the paycheck is the commission from said sales. The main thing that I had a problem with working for them is that no matter what you're told, things can always change from day to day which makes it difficult to do things "by the books". Overall its decent pay but not for the amount of time you need to put into it.
Pros
company truck, tools and paid training
Cons
"driving" lunches, over-stacked routes, long hours (often work 6 days a week).
Horrible place to work
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 11, 2018
Driving is not 20% of the job like said in the description (at least not in Billings). You will be driving alot which isn't bad because its paid, but the company will let you drive on bald tires and sometimes without a spare tire. Safety is one of the many reasons I wouldn't work for this company again. They send out technicians regardless of winter storm warnings and even if they know your route is ridiculous. The actual work isn't that hard, but the only plus side I found in the job was meeting friendly customers and the pay. Biggest down sides are stress from working with horrible management, safety, and long hours.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, safety, long hours (mainly driving)
constanly growing, many possibilitys, but poor management
lead technician, manager, and service techncian (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 5, 2018
Installing, servicing, and educating on dish network, Hughes, and Exceed products. Management is overworked therefor they make poor decisions and are poorly trained. Hardest part of the job is the strain on the family, staying out so late and working a lot of 6 day work weeks, also dealing with the elements and inhabitable homes. The benefits are great pay and quick promotion options.
Pros
good pay
Cons
strees due to time presure, and lack of benifits.
Left after a week
Joker installer (Former Employee) –  Eureka caOctober 26, 2018
I trained in medford oregon. Me and another new employee drove from Eureka to medford. The vehicle we were given was falling apart and was not safe. Oil change was 4000 miles overdue and the tires were bald.
The training was weak and not up to par. I am a former cable tech and this place was an absolute joke.
Pros
Per diem, decent pay
Cons
Poor manager, bad training, poor vehicles
Don’t work for them
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eureka caAugust 21, 2018
Excellent pay, but you have to deal with a lot of bull. Just like the previous post. You work a lot of hours so you can’t have very much free time maybe a day a week maybe 2 days sometimes but most the time you are in your truck for 12+ hours. This job is for single people. If you have a wife and kids at home do not do it they do not care about your family at all. They can change a lot through this company starting from their poor management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else sucks.
Worst place I ever worked for!!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 7, 2018
This was by far the worst place that I ever worked for. They don't care about their employees, only received 1 raise out of 8 years working there. The pay and cost of living was never met. Benefits were way to expensive. I could go on and on.
Pros
Cons
Everything about that place
My manager was awesome, but even he quit.
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTJuly 20, 2018
This job would be great for someone who doesn’t have a family life. I work 12+ hours everyday and sometimes don’t get home until 11:00 at night. You make good money, but only because you work so many hours—not because of good pay. Also, you only get PTO when you make $100.00 in sales. 1 hour for every $100.00. Not worth the stress, mental or physical.
Pros
Paid training, a lot of hours which means a lot of money.
Cons
Long hours, so no social life or family life, difficult to obtain PTO, and stressful.
No life no management
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 29, 2018
work 60-70 hours a week , make really great money with some other cool technicians. You will literally have no life and be a slave to your company truck and phone.
Pros
Insane money
Cons
Everything else
Good place
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 3, 2018
Nampa office is a good place to work. The manager is a good guy he tries to make sure everyone is happy even though its not always in his hands. Its a typical Technician job but with sales. Don't expect not to have difficult situations its part of the job. Weather changes sometimes its cold and sometimes its too hot but it should be expected by anyone who applies. Routing by the dispatcher could be annoying sometimes but in the end you get paid by the hour so you're still winning. One problem is you never know when your shift will end it all depends on the jobs that are for the day. So you cant have plans for after work because if its busy you're gonna have to work till its dark. The jobs is financially rewarding if you hit metrics and complete sales.
Pros
Pay, Manager
Cons
Long hours, Routing, Some company policies.
Absolutely pathetic place to work
Satellite Technician/InstallerSatellite technician (Former Employee) –  Carson City Nevada/Spokane WashingtonApril 22, 2018
Absolutely pathetic place to work, simply said poorly managed and the pay is not worth it for all the work that you do. I worked out of the Carson City NV. and Spokane , WA. office I have heard the same from several other techs as well so it only is it just me ...

I am not a malcontent and takes a lot for me to complain ...This could be a good company with the right management and the right structure of pay and managing of techs ...
Pros
None lol
Cons
None lol
Difficulity with the technical issues that were not part of our job description
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTApril 11, 2018
This is a good job for young, single people. There was a lot we were expected to do that was not part of our training nor job description. Younger more technical people have an easier time addapting.
Fast paced and rewarding
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMarch 9, 2018
Long days, long drives but the work when you arrive is fast paced and production and efficiency is key in success with the company. Sales are also very important to the company as well and you get fairly compensated fo doing so.
Pros
rewarding, good benefits, lots of hours
Cons
can be stressful, production oriented, routing needs some work.
linkus
installer (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 9, 2018
it was a good job long hours and paid well I worked 12hours a day 6 days a week I had to travel for work worked in all weather conditions I made $15 hours.
high paced job
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 4, 2018
Great experience as well as being able to cross train for sales. Might need a few things as far as marketing that could improve with company overall friendly place to work.
Poor management and communication
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 24, 2018
Poor communication, unfriendly office staff and dispatching. Always told what you do wrong and how underperforming you are and techs are constantly written up for under achieving. Everything techs are told is negative with no praise for anything. Too many staff meetings when technicians need to get out the door and get their job done. Never have a weekend off and never told if you'll have a holiday (Xmas) until night before (who can make plans to visit your family and short notice?)

If you don't sell the Dish products on the job, you are forever threatened with your job or out the door! Who knew sales was such a big part of being installation tech?!

Like fellow techs and freedom when on the road to get the job done and meet some great customers!
Pros
It's a job, like installing and the customers
Cons
No weekends, terrible management, big employee turnover, must stay in constant contact with them all day long including your days off
LinkUs workplace
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Long hours and no lunches. Not family oriented. Hard to get an approved day off, even with months submission prior to the requested day(s) off. No paid vacation days.
Pros
pay
Cons
No healthcare
Very stressful job!!!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 30, 2017
If you like working 10 plus hours a day 6 days a week and get no weeknds of then this is the job for you! Highly stressful job!!! Your day starts of at 7am getting to the warehouse getting your equipment and heading out! You could start yojr day with 4 jobs and finish the day with 8 and not get home till past 6pm! Dispatch is a joke!! They really need a map infront of them to know how to route!!! They will have you driving around back and fort between cities!! Or areas! Management was ok could have been better! Techs are requires to meet metrics if you hit all youre numbers management wont say anything if you start falling behind get ready to get written up multiple times!! Some metrics were really hard to meet as you had no control over them!! Pay was good! The best part about this job was the freedom and working at youre own pace! Hardest part was working in 2 story houses or in attics when its over 100 degrees.
Pros
Pay, freedom
Cons
Sales, long hours, no raises, dispatch, poor rating system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linkus Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.