Linn Star Transfer, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible place to work
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNAugust 14, 2018
Was no schedule found out the day before if you worked and they'd charge you 500 if you called in sick. Worked long hours year round would just cut your days in the slow season since your paid by the day. No benefits or PTO and refused to pay workmans comp unless taken to court and forced to pay it. Run the place like fed ex did before getting sued and if you question them about anything they'll take you off the schedule permanently without notification and refuse to contact you. Wouldn't recommend working there to anyone until they go back to employees or until they treat their contractors right and not like employees
Pros
Good daily pay rate
Cons
No personal life and management that dosent care about you
Great owner
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2018
Great owner that truly cares for his employees. Always looking for ways to improve on the company. Good communication throughout the organization. I would return if the right opportunity arised.
Please dont work here!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe ksJune 1, 2018
You should work at linn star if you like working long hours lifting heavy stuff getting under paid bycontractors and dealing with rude customers daily
Pros
Let me know when you find one
Cons
Pretty much summed it up
Good for a temporary job.
DELIVERY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2018
Linnstar Transfer is a good company to work for if you are young an have a lot of time on your hands to make money. The job consists of long hour Monday-Saturday that are mandatory unless scheduled off ahead of time. This job is currently transferring employees from hourly to contracts. Working from 6am to whenever the job is finished averaging about 15 to 16 hour days each day even longer the latest I have ever been off was at 2AM.
Pros
Good money, exercising while working, meet an see alot of new people/things
Cons
long hours no home time
Heavy lifting and truck driving
Delivery agent (Former Employee) –  Lake orion michiganMarch 8, 2018
It was a good place yo work at, you get paid by the day and not by the hour, a lot of heavy lifting some days was longer than others, you can't really move up in the company but it's good to build muscle
Pros
Driving all over michigan
Cons
No breaks
Will not work here
Material Returns Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orion, MIFebruary 19, 2018
physically demanding, not what the description advertised. Heavy lifting of appliances with just your hands.Handling of dirty, nasty returned appliances.
Productive workplace
Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at Linn Star Transfer included getting to the warehouse around 5:30 - 6:00 a.m. daily. We would get paperwork for the route and load up our trucks up according paperwork. Working at Linn Star Transfer taught me to be time punctual and great customer service skills.
Fun and Friendly people
Driver/installer (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJanuary 21, 2018
A typical day would be easy we would load the truck in the morning and we would unload the truck at stops. The things I learned are how to talk to customers even when upset, driving a box truck,and things to make the work day easier. People that work this people know how back braking it could be everyone was friendly and great people to work with people are always down to help out and take a day or two if someone need to get stuff done. The hardest thing was the lifting of the appliances and walking with them trough the house. I enjoy everything about this job the people are great and nice.
Stressful and long hours.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brainerd mnAugust 20, 2017
Work long hours and never get to see your family. You make decent money but then again how much is your soul worth when you get to put the bacon on the table. However you don't know what the kitchen table looks like.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Never get to see your family due to long work days. 14+ hours.
I loved it at Linn Star Transfer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 14, 2017
Absolutely amazing place to work. Team environment. Friendly co-workers. Supportive management. Overall great company to work for. Given the opportunity I would definitely return to work here.
Great job
DRIVING ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 14, 2017
Job that paid and gave the opportunity for overtime. Can be hard work, but the company as a whole and the supervisor made it a fun place to work at .
can be stressful at times
driver (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARFebruary 22, 2017
decent place to work during black friday,after that,very slow and u dont get many hours,pay was decent during rush season,very poor manager,didnt know anything but numbers,if he didnt like you,you didnt work much!!!!
Pros
good hours and pay from Nov.-Jan
Cons
incredibly naive manager, favoritism!!
Good pay, Great work Environment, Flexible hours
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 14, 2017
Good company to work for and also good communication skills with manager and employees. Enjoying meeting new customers everyday and being out on the open road and fast pace moving.
Bad management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 12, 2016
My manager was very dishonest and shady about many things. I injured my shoulder and he "laid" me off a week later. He only had me working for 20 hours a week and i wasn't able to maintain my bills. When we got overtime it was awesome. I wasn't properly trained. I had to learn from watching and asking questions from other people. He play favorites with other employees and treated the others terrible.
Pros
Overtime
Tough job time consuming
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 16, 2016
Typical day consist of loading/unloading of truck anywhere from 10 to 25 deliveries of various appliances learned various skills involving the preparation of all household appliances.Management was helpful. Had a very good relationship with my partner.This job as a whole was very hard.I enjoyed meeting new people and traveling to diferent cities.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Healthcare
Great benefits and PTO but horrible HR knowledge and manager communication.
Logistics Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 24, 2016
I like the benefits but they should provided vision. I like that they have a wellness program so if you're healthy, you get money off your monthly insurance. I like that the company is small and I get to interact with the Owner on a weekly basis. I don't like the HR Department. The manager is sometimes inappropriate and never does anything about employee complaints. Multiple times there were changes to addresses or PTO to be made, which was never done. Some of the managers don't have enough knowledge on policies and procedures to explain them. Also, its a huge issue that the company has warehouses all over the USA but policy and procedures aren't the same at every location. The corporate office should regulate those. There is a huge lack of communication between all of the locations. I really like the amount of PTO in place for after 6 months and annually. Also there is no attendance policy in place. Lack of Job Security
Pros
Good Benefits and lots of PTO
Cons
non professional HR and managers not being consistant
Good Place To Work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 23, 2016
Great place to work, good benefits, great pay, have to put in the hours but its a good living. I got along well with everyone, got out what i put in.
Pros
Company helps you to suceed
Good group of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 19, 2016
I worked for Linn Star Transfer for a few months during their busy season, I really enjoyed it and would like to go back to work for them. I had to move out of the area due to family reasons but this was one of the most enjoyable jobs i have had in my life.
Pros
great people, good hours, consistant work
Great Company To Work For
Delivery Driver/Installer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 19, 2016
Linn Star Transfer is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone who likes to work hard and be treated fairly and professionally. There is room for advancement and in some cases you can even be your own boss. The great thing about being my own boss is that I decide how much I make, If i push myself to make more a strange thing takes place.. I make more! During my time working for the company I never had a shortage of opportunities to grow. Good training program and support staff.
Pros
Free Safety Breakfasts, Free Training, Employee and Contractor Support, Room For Advancement, Great Pay.
Cons
Got to be a driven person who has customer service skills, Must enjoy service industry. Not for people who hate making money.
Not exactly honest corporate....
Driver (Former Employee) –  29th and west st. south.April 12, 2015
Was laid off due to corporate not telling us they would not bid on the contract that supplied our work. This knowledge was clearly available before Christmas, but they waited to tell us that we would be laid off as of February 14th 2015 till after we all spent money on Christmas like we would have jobs.