Lintons Food Service Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very good enviromement
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MDFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for Lintons in Cambridge md but sone coworkers didnt no the true meaning of teamwork. The cooks were great and the director willie was awesome
I worked hard there for about a month
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Linwood, PANovember 27, 2017
Once I got sick and they let me go home. Strick 1 so I go to the doctors and they put me on meds and I show up to work AND then am sent home because “I can’t come to work like this” well I couldn’t call out. I’m a hard working young man and sometimes accidents happen. There Said they fired me but I said I couldn’t handle it and now they won’t hire me. I am an hard working young man that pays taxes and everybody’s needs help once in a while. Wish i could prove it to them
Unfair pay!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 6, 2017
Great staff! Realy nice hard working coworkers! Corporate management needs to reevaluate employee compensation! The amount being paid is not adequate to the amount of work that needs to be done! Lower management was wonderful and understanding but someone higher needs to understand and change something if they expect good people to stay with the company!
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Pay
Enjoyed cooking
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALSeptember 27, 2017
I love to cook, I did not care for the environment and the management, you couldn't have a personal life outside of work cause manager was not realistic with schedule you were asked to work
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Poor management, not family oriented, poor scheduling
Treated fairly not a number like big companies.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 29, 2017
The opportunities for all levels of work from hourly to management are very good. Direct access to all levels of management. Can make a positive impact on the people you serve.
Pros
You can make a difference, work life balance, fair compensation
Poor management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2017
The supervisor at First Philadelphia Charter Scool is a bully and a trouble maker She is so unprofessional She has a great team but she treats them like bad Its a sad feeling to know you are being talked about to all the school staff
Cons
very knowlegable place to work if you are into nutrition
Kitchen Supervisor cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2017
my day starts at 3am and ends at 6;30 pm . I cook 3 meals a day for mentally and physically challenged clients. I find it very rewarding to watch how the clients react to my meals. I am also challenged by their nutritional needs . Some clients food need to be pureed and some foods ground and some mechanically soft . Some of the clients are diabetic and gluten free and lactose intolerant and then there is the allergies so I have learned a lot on the different preparations for their dietary needs. I enjoy seeing the smiles on the clients faces after the have full stomachs.
Pros
Every one plays as a team and works well together to get the job done
Cons
There is not enough people .
Corporate Management not in touch with Unit needs!
School Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Unit Managers are overworked, underpaid, under staffed and stressed to the max. When help is needed support management is unavailable. Great employee's are not appreciated.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
No support, under trained staff, Not paid when school is not in session.
Family style workplace with great management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work is visiting a unit, completing an internal audit, reviewing financials, training a manager, or meeting with my division. I have learned so much more about day to day business financials, client relations, RFP's...most importantly how to balance work and personal life. Lintons encourages all of their employees to spend time with their families and has a strong work/life balance culture.
When you have ideas, they do not go unheard - many times you will see them implemented soon after. Lintons also prides themselves on promoting from within when possible which many appreciate and respect. My co-workers are truly like family. I have worked for the company for a little over two years and have made unforgettable relationships.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the frequent traveling without a home base. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching my teams develop - brand new managers sometimes becoming "Rookie of the Year" and going to the next level.
Pros
work/life balance, family feel
Cons
healthcare costs
Productive palce to work at
Lunch Aide (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 15, 2016
Linton's is a good place to work at theres diversity people from different countries and also is a busy work place time fly's by fast and there's always work to do .

The employees are fun to work with
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No pay on snow days
Unprofessional
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 14, 2016
Unprofessional when laying employees off. Employee was told their position was being eliminated, there was no other position for them and it's effective immediately?
Also no compassion for the older employees who are struggling with pain and injuries.
Mangers/directors take all the credit when employees and assistant managers are the ones who do the work and come up with the ideas!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks
All about numbers and money
Joker (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 12, 2015
They Play to be a small company with a family feel, but if you don't play golf, or conform to being one of "the guys", forget it. Cliches like High School. They're a company and they want to make money, it all boils down to your numbers and cutting payroll and expenses. The goals are unrealistic because they contract with rediculous accounts that can't possibly make money. If you're corporate management or a simple kitchen employee, you're kush, but I wouldn't recommend a middle management position, especially if you have morals. Prepare to sign your soul to the devils.
Pros
Smile to your face
Cons
It's all about your numbers
A learning Facility
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJuly 22, 2014
answer the phone, take care of all billing for the service center, fix payroll and approve in a timely manner, provide reports to upper management, travel to client sites and train nutritional education, serve food for other meal service centers, help with any administrative needs, drive to local sites when short handed.
Pros
learn alot
Cons
benefits could be better
Lintons
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  East NorritonJuly 24, 2013
Lintons is a great place to work. Upper Management is approachable and listens to suggestions from employees. It is the best job I have EVER had. PERIOD..

By the Way, this is the REAL Nicholas W.
Great company, great people
District Manager (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAApril 22, 2013
The fact that you are never just a number at Linton's makes them a great place to work. Unlike most companies where decisions are made and everyone needs to follow, they embrace a culture that everyone matters and everyones opinions and suggestions will be heard.
Company cares about employees
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaJuly 23, 2012
Lintons cares about it's employees and Managers and the clients they serve. You are given the opportunity to succeed in a supportive environment. Corporate personnel and officers are supportive and offer the training and resources needed to be succesful. This company treats everyone as an individual not a number!!! You can definitely make a difference here.
High pressure high stress work environment
District Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 12, 2012
The high turnover, especially in the District manager area speaks for itself. Produce or you are gone. Upper management creates unrealistic goal expectations than "challenges"you.
Pros
travel expense
Cons
micro management
Not treated like a number
Asst. Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  East Norriton, PAMay 1, 2012
Smaller company with a large company feel. Corporate officers treat you like part of the family. It makes you feel wanted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lintons Food Service Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Lintons Food Service Management Reviews by Location