Lionbridge Employee Reviews

hard to work with, job req difficult/contradictory
Marketing Judge (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 15, 2019
Tried to go for a Multimedia judgement position, metrics for judgement are contradicting, irrelevant or misleading. ie: Judge search engine result for a basic movie title, title judged as related to search result, yet states unrelated tho judgement meets metrics of what they require to meet judgement qualifications. Very convoluted & misleading. Offered great hourly pay for 10-20 hrs a week but good luck getting past the preliminary qualifications evaluation.
Pros
nice money / hrs for part time job
Cons
slow management response, frustrating work metrics to do job
Good side job but not reliable
Ads Quality Rater (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 12, 2019
Like others, my contract was suddenly terminated with a generic email. I had been working as an ads evaluator for about a year. I did not have a supervisor (or at least not one that I could get a hold of). My work was reviewed about once a month, I'd log in and see that my work was given positive feedback every month. Then almost a year to the day I was hired, they suddenly claimed the quality of my work was bad and my contract had been terminated. Didn't make much sense as I thought the quality of my work had improved over the year as I became more and more familiar with their MANY different and often CONFLICTING sets of instructions. When I was hired, I was told I was expected to work for at least 10-15 hours a week. There were weeks where I could only get 2 or 3 hours worth of work--So be warned if you are looking for something steady and reliable: sometimes you will log in and there will be no work available.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no management, unreliable
Terrible communication, no security
Ads Quality Rater (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 9, 2019
Do not waste your time on this company. They have very high standards for quality on your work but provide zero feedback to let you know if you're doing it correctly. They give you
guidelines for the work, but a lot of the tasks fall into grey areas, and you are essentially working blind hoping you are doing it correctly. They are very slow to respond to emails, and there is very little communication from them in general. You are an expendable part, and they will let you go at any time with a general scripted email.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
No feedback, no security, very little communication
Terrible company
Ads Evaluator (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 23, 2019
I worked for about 4 months doing this repetitive low paying job. I received a review of my work a couple months into the job and all was good. About 4 weeks later I received an email that I was terminated. The reason didn't make sense because nobody contacted me to tell me I wasn't doing the job accurately. Had I known the "standards" were not being met, I would have corrected myself. NO JOB SECURITY, No feedback, No help, Low pay, boring and repetitive work.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay, nobody communicates with you to tell you if there's a problem, no job security
social media evaluator
social media evaluator (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHMarch 21, 2019
I was let go with no reason only an email saying I have already been terminated. I was working like they wanted one hour a day 5 days a week. an my rating tool stopped working, I communicated everyday threw tickets and was told the problem was on the customers (facebooks) end and it was being worked on. I was never informed I did anything wrong to correct it. if I did do something wrong I was never told about it, and when I asked what I did wrong I was ignored. which raised a huge red flag to me. as if it was a scam.
Pros
own hours, easy work
Cons
can only work one hour a day. terminated with no reason or warning.
Worth it until something better else comes along.
Internet Assessor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2019
I worked for Lionbridge for a year in 2015 as an "Internet Assessor". This is a telecommute position where you work from home. The position basically entails looking at a google search query (for example, the query could be "chocolate chip cookie recipes"), and then two sets of google search results. You then have roughly 5 - 7 minutes to decide which set of search results is better. This sounds simple in theory, however the way you decide which set of results is better is based off of a large set of rules in a manual they'll send you in .pdf format. There's a ton of rules you have to memorize and to top it off, they are constantly updating the rules, so you'll have to remember to unlearn old rules.

Even though you work from home, this is a very stressful job. Every two weeks (it might of been every week, I can't remember since it's been a while), you and your co-workers will attend an online webinar in a large chatroom where you'll get the results of your work through e-mail and they will tell you the "right" answers of which results sides should have been marked as better, much the way a teacher reads the correct answers of an exam aloud after you get them back. The stressful part is, if you get too many wrong answers, you get put under review and eventually fired.

It's also stressful because the search queries aren't always simple as "chocolate chip cookie recipes" or "Lady Gaga", you'll sometimes end up with very difficult queries that will require you to do research (google, Wikipedia, WebMD, etc.,). Keep in mind that you'll be doing this under a time limit.

Lastly,
  more... I would say the pay for the job is a bit unfair because you have to study a manual of rules if you want to have any chance of not getting put under review (and probably fired). You don't get paid while studying the manual. You have to do it in your own time.

As for the hours, you have to do 20 hours a week. If you're good at the job, I think they'll let you go over that maximum. You also get to set your own hours pretty much.

All in all, I would say this is a decent gig if you have a breadth of knowledge in many different subjects and you only want/need 20 hours of work a week. However, I wouldn't recommend it for a college student because you have enough stuff to study already.

If my review is in someway making you have second thoughts about applying, just apply. Depending on how you list it on your resume, this job is a nice stepping stone towards getting a desk job in an office, whether it be Data Entry or IT. You can make it sound really impressive to interviewers.
Pros
Choose your own hours.
Cons
Unpaid time studying a book of rules.
Ad Reviewing Gets Old Fast
Ads Assessor (Former Employee) –  Work from homeFebruary 21, 2019
Earn $10 per hour (1 hour max per day) to rate ads on facebook. Simple enough. Easy $70 bucks a week. The problem is the ads repeat over and over and you're expected to write unique comments for each ad. I did this for about a month and called it quits. Very boring and repetitive "work".
Pros
easy
Cons
boring, repetitive, low pay overall