Lionbridge Technologies Employee Reviews

Seems they are just harvesting peoples personal informnation.
Ads Assessor (Former Employee) –  USADecember 6, 2018
Seems to me that this place is only after your personal information and not actually interested in offering any real employment.

Do not even waste your time with this company. A bunch of BS.

They will disqualify you before any type of exam and offer no explanation. Basically they just take your personal information and run. Now I have to deal with all the marketers phone calls that they sold my information to.

Stay far away from this company!
Pros
Cons
Waste of time and energy.
The Work is great but no security
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 30, 2018
Working at Lionbridge is great but the problem is there really isn't much work there. Management is approachable and friendly. Hours are reasonable and the work doesn't really feel like work. The bad news is most employment there is temporary, understandable given the nature of the industry, and there are no benefits besides a healthy salary.
Pros
Great work environment, easy going and friendly management, good pay.
Cons
No benefits, projects are few and far between.
Good remote hire job
Social Media Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Remote hireNovember 8, 2018
Lionbridge is a great place to work if you aren't looking for full time. Very manageable and good pay. Someone wrote a review saying that if you email someone with questions you won't get a response & that is a completely false statement! I got a reply within 24 hours notifying me that they had received my inquiry, and then another a few hours later answering every question I had and fixing the problem I had encountered.
Pros
Good pay, remote hire, 401k, multiple positions/jobs
Cons
Onboarding takes a bit, some positions are temporary
Nice temp job
ADS EVALUATOR (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 9, 2018
I was an ads rater. This was a nice job to get some extra cash. The problem is that the instructions (and there are many) are long and riddled with errors and contradictions. You will be fired if you don't follow their instructions perfectly, but you have to figure out which of the contradictory instructions they want you to follow. I couldn't figure out who my manager was.
Pros
Work from home, decent part-time pay
Cons
no support within the company, little management involvement, difficult instructions.
Regular
Internet Assessor (Current Employee) –  OnlineNovember 23, 2018
Gracias a mi trabajo para Lionbridge he visto crecer mi capacidad para el detalle. El trabajo requiere de horas de estudio y aprendizaje de los ejemplos y el nivel de exigencia es alto. Son muy puntuales en cuanto a los pagos de salarios, pero estos no han crecido desde 2011.
Pros
Flexibilidad de horarios, trabajo en casa, pagos puntuales
Cons
Salarios congelados desde 2011
I loved working there
Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORNovember 3, 2018
The people I worked with were awesome, most of the management were good supervisors. I loved the variety of available opportunities to learn new things in the technological field.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers, easy to learn.
Cons
You can only get a pay raise by getting promoted, and promotions are hard to get. Many people get paid at tech I wages and are doing tech II jobs.
Extremely unprofession, nonexistent mannagement
Linguist (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 18, 2018
This company is absolutely trash. Ive worked for many companies and thus one is worst. It will NEVER reply to any sorts of e-mails you send. Very unestablished and unprofessional company that I would never ever work for. After getting hired, I completed background check, sent I-9 as requested, and filled out all paperwork immediately. However, they never replied to any of my inquiries or emailed me about the next steps. Been ignored five times and e-mail is the only communication method. Even though my original start date was couple weeks ago, I never got instructions in how to start work/ get training and every single email I sent them were ignored. Step away people!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Nonexistent support to employees, no communication, no management, do not care about their employees
Work from home job
Social Media Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 12, 2018
I was a social media evaluator for Lionbridge. I learned how to rate social media ads. The management was ok, but I didn't feel they always did a good job of providing the appropriate ongoing training on how to be successful at this job. My work environment was good because I could work from home. The hardest part of my job was trying to figure out what this company wanted in a correct rating on an ad. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I could work from home.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low pay & could only work 7 hours per week, l hour per day
Decent place to work to make extra money while in school
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 25, 2018
An okay place to work while you are in school since most of the workforce here is a flex pool it can be a bit unstable at times so I wouldn't rely on it for a primary source of income. Working 3 12's was nice since it gave you plenty of time for school or a second job.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay, Unstable, Management
fun and relax work environment
Translator/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2018
it was fun working with Lionbridge. I ,loved traveling.
Everyday was a different experience . I learned new techniques in performing my duties. I also developed a new sense of responsibility in a very diversified work environment.
Pros
dynamism and variety
Cons
always between airports
Do not apply at this company!!!
Social Media Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 4, 2018
I got the job working part time. I filled out all of the paper work then they decided to ignore all my emails and calls. I emailed probably 8 people I was in touch with and called them several times and I NEVER heard back. It was a waste of my time.
Cons
nice job for stay at home moms or people coming back in the work field
Ads Assessor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 30, 2018
I worked for Lionbridge for over six months as an Ads Assessor. The pros- no commuting, worked a few hours a day, did not have to meet with your boss on a daily basis, you can work in your shorts, did not have to worry about office politics. The cons- you work more by the task, not by the hour, and then one day you do not have a job. I really liked the flexibility that Lionbridge has to offer and it was a good temporary taste of working at home. I would definitely recommend others to work at Lionbridge for a temporary remote position. It was a hundred times better compared to retail or working fast food.
Pros
flexibility of hours, location
Cons
temporary, no benefits
Good for students
Search Engine Evaluator At Lionbridge (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 14, 2018
Easy tasks, only for part time or if you have spare time. Due to amount of workers vs amount of tasks, they eventually run out of task and you ended up not working enough hours, If you have spare time and want to earn extra, this is the job for you.
Very misleading
Trying to just get a job (Former Employee) –  Barstow. Can.October 26, 2018
They don't give you the material in time for your test and it's not worth the money. Plain and simple.i was not given the instructions prior to the three part test and they said it's pass or fail that meens they have the choice no matter what you score.
Pros
Cons
All of it sucks
It's part-time and I enjoy working from the comfort of my home.
Ad Rater - Part-time (Current Employee) –  At homeNovember 17, 2018
This is a part-time position which is what I was looking for. It's an interesting position. There is nothing hard about the job and I can do it anywhere, anytime, as long as I have my iPhone.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Not enough hours
The more you make the less calls you receive
Telephonic Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 27, 2018
Lionbridge is a good place to work, but quality and skill is not rewarded. If they match your pay to your skill, you wont get any calls. Otherwise, it's a good place to work.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Issues with work flow, not enough
Fun workplace
Test Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 17, 2018
Relaxed workplace that was willing to help its staff with school scheduling. Great people to work with on a daily basis. The work is easy to pick up and its a great way to learn about computer programs.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
If you are not fast enough the work can stack up rather quickly.
Bad situation for workers.
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN 2 (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 7, 2018
Poor poor communication by management.
Management staff have never worked the jobs they oversee.
Management staff make poor, uninformed decisions.
Management continually lay responsibility for problems on workers.
Management staff play favorites, butt-kissers advance.
Google Quality Rating Partner Consultant
Google QR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ireland, INJuly 9, 2018
Great opportunity for any Internet Marketing professional to get first hand insight to the Google Indexing and local websites quality rating algorithms. Each Quality Rater mast went through the through recruitment and training process and pass the complex exams before being eligible to participate. The main purpose of this job is to evaluate as much of the local websites as possible by real qualified persons, and in close compliance with the current Googles QR policies.
Pros
First hand knowledge about the Google indexing and QR algorithms
Cons
Not best working conditions, not flexible working time, rigid employees evaluation system.
Depends on what you're looking for
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2018
This is not secure employment. This company will let you go without notice no matter how well you are doing. It's contract work. If that arrangement is OK for you, you might not mind the work.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lionbridge Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about