Lionbridge Technologies Employee Reviews

I love working from home but training was poor as was communication.
Human Relevance, Ad assessor, Hot spotting (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 18, 2019
I really love working from home and this was a great way to accomplish that goal. You could work any time, day or night. They didn't train well, leaving me with more questions than answers. They didn't communicate well. It could take days to get an email response to a question or issue.
Pros
Work at home, anytime
Cons
Poor training, poor communication
Accurate
Eng/Spa Transcriptionist/Translator/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 15, 2019
Great company to work for from home. Project managers are very efficient in communicating. Emails and questions answered in a timely manner. Transcription jobs are of good quality for the most part.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Can't project income or jobs coming in.
Great flex job
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 15, 2019
I loved the flex time and the rate of pay. I could log in and out at my convenience which is perfect for those with complex home life and/or schedules who need extra income.
Pros
Flex time, competetive pay rate
Cons
Contract position means no security or advancement.
Tester Tech II (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 14, 2019
I would still be there if I wasn't offered a better paying job somewhere else. Advancing sucks though. Passed over for many jobs I was being groomed for.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, helpful people, fun
Cons
Moving up is hard to do
Easy job to do
Social Media Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 13, 2019
The work I had to do was really easy. I was only allowed to work up to a hour a day with a max of 5 days a week. The pay wasn't too bad. I never knew who my contact person was, so if I had issues I would contact the help desk, in turn they would contact someone that was in charge for my area of work. I left because I needed a job with more hours and better stability.
Pros
Easy work
Don't bother
Social Media Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeApril 25, 2019
Forget about ever hearing back from management. I got paid for an entire year but you have to figure out everything on your own. Now they are looking for people, but good luck getting hired as no one will ever respond to you.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
low pay, limited hours and terrible management
The Tale of Disappointment
Ad Rater (Former Employee) –  KentuckyApril 23, 2019
Worked here for a week and a half. First, the amount of paperwork that has to get signed by other people "authorized agent" and the process it takes to start is so long and ridiculous. I've never had to do anything like it with any other company I've worked for.
The unpaid qualification process is way too long and stressful for being, well, unpaid. I spent a total of 10 to 12 hours test taking and training in my own free time to only be kicked off a week and a half later.
Once I finally got through the long stressful process of getting started, the first week was perfect, Good communication, good hours, everything was fine.
Then, the next week is where everything went downhill.
The tasks quickly started disappearing, there's a fine line of objective and subjective that makes answering the questions and doing the tasks "correctly" confusing and difficult.
Then, with no explanation, my account got suspended. Through the whole week, I was not able to work any hours, never got an explanation or response to my emails asking what was going on and why was I losing pay. Then finally, after what seemed like forever, I got an e-mail saying I was terminated.

After all that... really?

Don't bother with this company.
Pros
Okay pay, work from home is nice
Cons
bad communication, tasks aren't regular, no job security, too long for unpaid training, paperwork is ridiculous
Total waste of time
Ad rater (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 20, 2019
Lionbridge gave me a considerable amount of learning materials regarding being an Ad Rater. Their job offer was only for one hour per day. Once I qualified they installed their tool on my phone- and it never worked properly. Technical support did nothing except repeating the same ineffectve advice over and over each time I sought help.
Pros
The pros would have been decent pay for remote work- had that worked out.
Cons
Their software AND their IT were dismal failures.
Recommendation: Hard pass.
Internet Rater (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 13, 2019
I'll describe my experience here, but in case you don't want to read my [probably excessively long] tale, let's lead with the thing I most want to share: YOU WILL NOT MAKE THE HOURLY WAGE THEY SAY YOU WILL. You are given time limits within which you are expected to finish each task. You are expected to do A LOT with each one, and they very rarely give you enough time to perform every check and piece of research they expect you to do. If you stay within the time restraint and submit results that displease them, you will be reprimanded and your job threatened. If you exceed the time restraint, submit results they deem acceptable, and report the time you actually spent, you will be reprimanded and your job threatened. I ended up spending the time I needed but only reported the time I was supposed to spend. I got paid for somewhere between one-half and two-thirds of the hours I spent working for this company because I so drastically under-reported my time in order to retain the job because I needed whatever income I could get.

Ultimately (and ironically), they accused me of reporting time I hadn't worked, which was absolutely false. Their software had glitched while I was doing required training. I had immediately sent an email reporting the software problem and requesting advice. I never received a response, so I reported the time I worked. I subsequently received a very unpleasant email in which they basically accused me of being a thief, threatened me, and demanded an explanation--much like the explanation I had ALREADY SENT. As I had tried to get help for the issue through
  more... the appropriate channels, and as I had worked hours upon hours for which I never got paid over the preceding 18 months, and as I take significant issue with being called a liar and a thief, this was the final, gigantic, ugly straw. I provided the requested explanation, forwarded my initial email about the glitch, and resigned. They did acknowledge at that point that "upon review," they could see that I had, indeed, worked the hours I reported. There was no apology for accusing me of thievery. They did suggest I reconsider my resignation and stay on with them. I did not.

So that was my experience; do with it what you will. Whatever you do moving forward, good luck to you!
Cons
Unresponsive, Unreasonable expectations, Unpredictable work availability
Not enough work to fill 10 hours
Mobile Search Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 8, 2019
You are given tasks, but there is often no tasks to be completed, meaning you can't work. You can only work 10 hours a week, but I have gone more than 6 weeks without being able to complete 10 hours. To make it worse, they continue to advertise the position. You also get paid monthly, but it falls into the beginning of the third month. For example, you work the month of January. In February they send you a statement approving the work completed, but you don't actually get paid until sometime the first week of March. There is also little to no support. You can email a question, but I have only ever received boilerplate responses that have never adequately answered my questions.
Pros
Flexible, easy
Cons
No support, not enough work, poor pay schedule
Social Media Evaluator
Social Media Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeApril 2, 2019
I like working for this company because I can do my job from anywhere. However, I wish they provided more hours of work or would consider applications for other positions that offered more hours. It seems that once you are hired for one position they don't want to consider you transfering to anything else.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enough hours
Just the perfect fit
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2019
Different contracts
From home
Work for yourself kind of thing.
Payments are twice a month
Security Clearance
Government non Government calls
****£ keep a roll call on your own calls to verify payment is accurate ***
Easy and reasonably convenient for the employees
Pros
Freelance
Horrible Place
OPERATOR 3 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 18, 2019
They dont take care of their employees and is in general a horrible place to work. They dont pay you more than minimum wage and they are rude and just dont care.
Relaxed and Easy Going Work
Internet Role Assessor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2019
Lionbridge is a very good job for those that need to make extra money and need a job that they can do on their own time.

A typical day of work is waiting for an email saying that there are task to be evaluated, logging into Lionbridge's application and completing the task. All work and work related processes happen over the internet, there is no face-to-face contact. The most difficult part of the job is its repetitiveness, while the most enjoyable part is the ability to work at any point of the day.
Pros
Work on your own time, relaxed
Cons
Inconsistent amount of work, repetitive, mundane
Work as You Please
RATER I (Current Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 5, 2019
Typical day is no more than 8 hours
Learned about customer needs based on wording and location.
Hardest part is learning the guidelines.
The management is friendly and willing to converse with you.
It has its benefits
Social Media Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 26, 2019
I think Lionbridge is a great company to work for. I believe they have a good range of positions available, for anyone to apply for. Not everyone is guaranteed to get an offer to work at Lionbridge, but those who are selected for a position usually receive an email right away. The test to become a worker at Lionbridge isn't difficult, but it is a little bit time consuming. You can either work at a nearby office location or you can work remotely, from your home. Working for Lionbridge from the comfort of my home is very nice because it allows me to have more time to spend with my family.
Pros
Great benefits right away
Cons
Not enough time is given to complete certain tasks
Poor management
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  homeFebruary 23, 2019
They hired me in Nov,2018 and they postpone the project even now. (the end of Feb,2019) They just sent us "Our client will send the task soon." once per month. If they are not sure about the project, they should not have hired anyone. I haven't started any job yet for 3 months after I was hired. I gave all my private information to them and I feel like they stole my information. I cannot believe this poor management. I DON'T RECOMMEND this company to anyone.
Pros
Absolute nothing
Good work from home job
Assessor• Quality Rater (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 22, 2019
Decent amount of work though hour restriction could be a pain at times, communication is all through email though for the most part it's just here's what you do - go at it.
Pros
Work at own pace, decent compensation
Cons
Sometimes ratings aren't black/white but expected result is
Good company to work for
Google Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
Good company to work for. Always paid on time. Only problem was tasks were not always available so sometimes I couldn't work as many hours as I wished.
Freelancing Opportunity
Interpreter English - Spanish OPI (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 18, 2019
This job is a freelancing job, therefore is not the usual office environment.
On a usual day, you log on to the system whenever you want to work as you become your own boss.
If you want to work by shifts, you must pass another test to get other assignments which I need to complete if I wanted to work full time.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lionbridge Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight