Lionbridge Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor communication, deceptive
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 5, 2018
Expectations change seemingly at random and with no forewarning, yet are extremely strict, like they expect you to be psychic. Communication is basically nonexistent, to the level that makes one wonder if there are in fact any humans on the other end at all.
Great Manager and fun coworkers
Software Localization (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 1, 2018
I loved very minute working for LionBridge. I learned a lot about computer programs and worked with an international team. The manager is incredible.
Voice recognition recording for Google in German
Voice Over (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2018
Great little assignment and working from home, however very sporadic on a as needed basis, fun task but short lived.
Unfortunately only allowed to do one language one time, fortunately I happen to speak four!
Pros
work from home
Cons
very sporadic, limit workload, not compatible with Safari browser
Amazing opportunity
Ads Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 17, 2018
I work from home as an Ads Assessor for Lionbridge. Get om when I am ready and log off when I am ready. Make as much or as little as I want. few hours per day and still have a full check. Love it
Pros
Great pay, flexible
Stressful localization vendor environment
Localization Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 15, 2018
The workload as project manager was close to impossible to manage at times. The compensation was not in parallel with the great demands of the job at all.
Work at Lionbridge is rewarding
Business Development Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2018
I work hard and manage multiple teams, projects and sales globally. I send my days prospecting for new business, quoting new business and make sure that all of my projects and teams are running well
Good for what it is worth
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteMay 31, 2018
Flexibility with hours, decent pay. No room for advancement, zero benefits. I have been here for over 8 years and I will keep the job as long as they will have me.
can work from home
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 27, 2018
was there when they were going through reorganization, was not alot of training,did not have enough people working in the dept as work load increased, had no manager for 4-5 months
Very Subjective
Ads Evaluator (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 13, 2018
They sent me an email after only working 5 months & finally receiving a full paycheck that it wasn't working out & my last day was in April. The email should have read, "Upon reading this, you are TERMINATED." Instead they say what your last day is considered to be, and you can't log in to the server to work even if your last day is a week away.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Very subjective, hours aren't guaranteed
Dont bother
Social media (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
You will train, train, train. However its all vague and subjective. At the end of all that subjective training, Just when you think you are getting it, they will let you go. At least that has happened to me and others that have done their social media tasks.
Pros
work at home, own hours
Cons
pay is poor, waste of time learning and later changing the rules
You are not guaranteed work at all
Transcriber (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 9, 2018
I can only speak for how it is being a part-time worker for this company and that is all I intend on doing. I can imagine being full-time is slightly better.

The pros are simple for PT:
Freedom to make your own hours, a 401k, and good pay.

The cons are a little more worth touching on:
First off, by contract, it is written that you will be given 24 hours a week, but that it is not necessary to make all the hours if you do not want to.
In reality, you are lucky to get 8 hours in 2 weeks. So do not depend upon this jobs for bills - it's a complete shame they just aren't upfront about the stability of the hours/work you're given.

Secondly, you are lucky to get any support response back from HR or your manager if you are having problems of any kind. The completely ridiculous thing about it is all over the employee websites is that they will get back to you in 24-48 hours. This is also false, and you're lucky to get a minimal response back from your manager regarding anything at all, as they also seem to have no idea what's going on half the time.
Pros
401k, freedom to make your own hours, good pay
Cons
horrible management, no work, low communication
Good Place to work but not the best compensation
Ops (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 2, 2018
As long as you can deliver results, the culture at Lionbridge affords a fair amount of flexibility for you to manage your work-life balance. However, if the primary driver in your employment is compensation and benefits, not the best.
overall
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 2, 2018
no longer in busiess since 2015. i only worked there on part time basis and served the chicago office and other offices through out the country serving EOIR courts.
Pros
hours
Cons
non obsereved
No training, no feedback
Multi Media Judge (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 29, 2018
Working as a video judge, you don't receive any training or any significant feedback on your performance. They give you a set of guidelines and tell you when your judgement is in disagreement with other judges, but a lot of times judging is open to interpretation of the guidelines and they don't tell you who is right, which leads to confusion. So "confusion" was my workplace culture. You also spend a lot of time every week (not paid) going thorough tests and reviews. It is an OK part-time job that you can do from home, but they may let you go without warning or explanation if they believe the quality of your work is below their expectations.
Pros
Part-time from home
Cons
No benefits, high expectations without training
Fun independent work
Social Media Evaluator, Part-Time (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 20, 2018
Evaluate social media globally
Review content in Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+
Provide reporting to evaluate changes in the marketplace, brand awareness.

Great for those individuals who need to work remotely.
Pros
independent
Cons
compensation
I like being able to work from home.
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Bonney Lake, WAMarch 12, 2018
I've been a contractor for 9+ years. I like it because of the flexible work hours and being able to work at home, but the lack of pay increase in frustrating. I've had the same hourly wage since I started over 9 years ago.
Best work/life balance, great side hustle.
Social Media Evaluator (Contracted) (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 5, 2018
I like this company overall because it gives you the best work life balance as a side hustle. The pay is on the lower end but if you are just looking for extra money without talking to no one and getting paid to rate Facebook ads with your unbiased opinion, this job is for you! Benefits are surprisingly available, not the best in the industry but it's better than nothing! There's no interview, no direct supervisors. Communication needs to improve but it's no deal breaker with all the pros and cons balanced out. The hiring process is lengthy but there is no assessment to take, great foot in the door.
Pros
work remotely where ever you want as long as it's an eligible location in the US, benefits are still available for part timers, no direct supervisors, no coworkers, no interview
Cons
low hourly, can only work up to 28 hours monthly, bi weekly pay, long hiring process, aren't the best at communication (internal employees can come off slightly unprofessional)
Not the best place to work
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORFebruary 20, 2018
No raises, high turnover, under paid as compared to client's employees and other local area employers.

Company has some issues with communication and planning; this causes confusion and stress.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
stressful work environment
not available
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 17, 2018
I do not wish to provide a Summary at this time. Thank you for the opportunity to do so. I have enjoyed my time at Lionbridge, but have decided to find a new opportunity.
Could be better
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 5, 2018
The people were great. The job was over loaded and uncomprimisable. They lied and over worked everyone. They tell people that they are leads then at the end of the day tell them otherwise. It's wrong.
Pros
health package
Cons
they are liars