Lionbridge

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Work at Home, Flexible Hours, Too Much Unpaid Training

This is a great place to work if you're looking for flexible PT hours and you want to work from home. What I don't like is the constant unpaid training. Once you learn something they send you something else to learn and the guidelines are usually over 100 pages. Support is pretty responsive if you have questions and they periodically send feedback on your work so you can see what you're doing right and wrong.

Pros

Work at Home, Flexible Hours, Interesting Work

Cons

Too much unpaid training

You work the hours that you choose

The pay for interpreters is very low. Might as well work at any other job that does not require any skills. The good part is that you work your own hours.

Pros

Work at home

Cons

Pay is low for interpreters

Great at first but little work availability

Lucky to get 5 hours a week, Work is not consistent. Great for a little extra money on the side but not for your only source of income. No tasks available very frequently.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

no consistency, let people go randomly with no warning.

Boring, Mind-numbing work that can be done anytime

Although you have the freedom to do your work whenever you want, the work itself is extremely mind-numbing. They keep changing the guidelines and force you to use keyboard shortcuts even if you are faster with a mouse. Perhaps its an effort to stop people from working while doing something else.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

boring, repetitive

Bad

Terrible job. Management didn't do anything, support was terrible and ineffective when problems arose. Things would break and make it impossible to do the job and they would stay broken and it was always your fault.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Nice choice for earning some extra incomes

The tasks are easy. It has a very flexible working schedule. They are fast to solve the problem. The payment rate is not high. Because they pay the rate depends on the location of your country.

It Was Ok

Working Lionbridge was ok. Just wish they would give people chances and work on their communication. Working From Home as a rater was a cool and easy job to perform. No boss hovering over you very flexible with schedule. Pay was good and benefits was ok. Able to choose multiple projects to work on. The Quizzes are ridiculous and are required to pass first in order to be accepted in a project. Sometimes the volume of tasks can be short, so you won't be able to get all your hours. Can be let go at any time without any reasons. Don't rely on working for Lionbridge. Good job to have on your spare time.

Pros

Easy Job, Pay, Benefits, Flexibility

Cons

Communication, Management, Quiz, Low Volume Task

Great

Great company!!!!!!!!! Just overall great company to work for. Great benefits, great insurance, great people, great schedule, great job, great atmosphere.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks

Interesting first job and remote.

Nothing in particular to add. It was my first job and I worked as an online task contributor, it greatly helped me, and I'm working towards having similar work. The schedule from pretty flexible and I could work whenever I could/wanted to or when there were tasks available. Though sometimes there were often none to where I didn't complete the minimum amount of hours they wanted.

The hours are really flexible, you're basically responsible for yourself.

After being accepted to a job and working out a clear guide of how much you want to work and at what times you want to work, things become pretty simple. The work rarely changes so once you've got a clear understanding of what they're looking for it becomes quite easy.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No benefits, No room for Advancement

easy, good work from home job

overall the work is easy enough, however they can be review happy & when you are under review, you don't get to work. for someone who relies on this as their primary source of income, this can be very bad.

Job/ life balance, good working environment

I’ve been very happy working with Lionbridge. There is oversight without micromanagement, and I feel there is very good rapport with management. I set my own pace for the most part, and can approach work with my own style.

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

Still new at the company, cannot say what the long term growth potential may be.

Rewarding job in a more than great international atmosphere

Tasks in Lionbride are based on specific projects which basically means it doesn't matter how many breaks you're takinge each week as long as you comply with the deadlines. It can be a little bit stressful sometimes but gives you freedom to customize your schedule as you need. Always given chances to promote and learn, with a salary high expected for this type of companies.

Flexible Job

Working for Lionbridge offers excellent flexibility to work at home. One of the downsides is, there are not enough work tasks to complete for the day, which means more small jobs less pay. It would be nice if they provide full-time hours, but they only offer Part-time hours.

Loved working from home for Lionbridge!

I worked from home as an employee for Lionbridge for almost three years. I truly enjoyed my job and gained valuable transcription experience during my time with the company. Hours were extremely flexible and work was plentiful when projects were available.

Pros

Working from home and flexible working hours

Boring but easy

Working for lionbridge was boring but it was not hard as long as you can pass the inital test you will be hired. Day to day will be the exact same so you will learn fast.

Easy place to work at, very calm place to be

Very calm work environment, everyone here works at their own pace, very rarely do you get told to hurry up because they want everything to come out good

Pros

Lots of paid holidays, i got days off i didnt even think were even holidays

Cons

Start with minimum pay for a while

Amazing place to work as a freelancer Interpreter

Amazing place to work as a freelancer interpreter. The schedule is absolutely flexible, so you can work on your own time. They have a great remote support team in the even that you experience technical difficulties and the email response if efficient.

Nice job for what it is

The job is extremely flexible, but the work can be very boring sometimes. The pay is pretty good for an at-home job and the company is always happy to help if you have any questions.

Typical Ad Rating experience

I work in Ad rating for a year. There was almost no supervision it felt like or I did my job well. I never really talked with people inside the company other than performance reviews and emails with generic information. That said, it was great doing the job whenever I wanted. Pay for this work is typically higher than other companies doing the same thing.

Pros

flexible time

Cons

no advancement, no pay raise

Very good

It's very good application I learned too much from her she help people to work place culture and for this we have all the reasons to invest and develop our skills

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks, healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lionbridge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lionbridge.
Powered byComparably