Lippert Components Employee Reviews

This place is horrible to work dont do it
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INDecember 8, 2018
They run that place like it high school if your in with the cool kids your fine but if you are a loner or dont rub elbows well with the bosses your gonna get fired or "laid off" as they called it dont dare mention anything about a raise after 6 Years you would figure that theyd want to take care of long term employees oh no not the case if your a hard worker dont apply theyll wear you down and out and throw you away for something "better"and "newer" all in all terrible bosses pay was decent but as far as "the job" garbage
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bosses are terrible and your treated like trash the longer your there
Not a good place to work.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INNovember 19, 2018
Lippert plant 45. They are a good company just have poor management. They lie to you before you even start your first day. They claim to care about their employees but honestly don't. They tell you you'll get a raise after thirty days and you can have ninety days in and never see one dime. Great starting pay for welders though.
Pros
Great starting pay for welders.
Cons
Caring for employees.
Can advance if you have the drive but need to network
Saw and press operator. (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INSeptember 10, 2018
A good place to work and can advance if you are willing to network and work hard. The work is not hard and overtime is not an issue. You may work over some days or weeks but it's not much.
Pros
Benifits and decent pay
Cons
Management can be hard to deal with
I was a good worker but never was given a raise.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 13, 2018
I worked hard and learned multiple positions which include mutiple cnc machines, running more than one at a time, saw, crane, and break press. Was never listened to when i asked for a performance review and was never given a raise in two years, besides my initial raise after 90 days.
Horrible place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 18, 2018
CoWorkers were so rude and disrespectful. The way I was trained was so poor it was like I was being set up to fail or look bad. I have over 15 yrs experience in my field and my 2 coworkers were threatened by it because I was always told But you don't have 15 yrs exp here. Ive never worked with such rude and immature people like that. I got hurt while at work..it wasnt work related and totally my fault and I even made that known to HR but within 2 weeks of getting hurt I was let go for no reason at all. I had only been there 2.5 months and everything was fine until I got hurt and within 2 weeks I was let go with no real explanation. Their company motto is Everyone Matters which is clearly just a front and to give the community the impression they are a great company who cares about their employees.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
poor mgmnt, rude immature coworkers
Good benefits, poor work flow.
A-frame production (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 9, 2018
You will usually work five days a week and each day the group lead will tell your department what that number is. Usually it's a pretty okay thing but sometimes they set that number WAY too high, especially if your short in your department or if mac ines are broken or etc. Then they will have you go help another line. This repeats. Until they let you go home.
Pros
Good benefits and pay, plenty of breaks
Cons
lack of communication.
Good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INAugust 27, 2018
The plant I was at was horrible but Lippert overall seems to be a great company. Management doesn't know what other management is doing communication is very poor.
Pros
Gives back to the community.
Cons
Bad benifits.
Best job I have ever had
Welder (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 28, 2018
Great work enviroment, many chances for advancement, trained and promoted from within, all benefits available, hord work always recognized and rewarded.
Pros
Advancement in all positions, trained for any postition
Cons
Long work days (10 hours)
Great Company
Director of Human Resources, RV Products Division (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INAugust 31, 2018
Lippert was a great place to work and call home! They offered great benefits and a wonderful work environment. The team members were caring and passionate and always felt more like family.
Should be better supervisors with better experience and have everyone doing their job not being with their friend and taking their time away by taljin
Sorter and Packer (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INJune 27, 2018
It’s a good place to work good benefits it’s chill just the type of supervisor should be addressed new rules should be made and followed they need to take things more seriously and not me messing around
Trying to be great just not there yet
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 19, 2018
The call center has a long way to come before they are considered to be great. I worked there 2 years without a review or raise and asked several times and wasn't given one so I left. I think the CEO wants the company to be great, however growing too fast to know what's really going on with the plants.
Pros
Discount on parts
Cons
No reviews/raises, mandatory meetings that could have been an email
It used to be great
Upholstery (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 22, 2018
Work used to be great, but has become soul crushing. Management has put profits over employee health and happiness. Drama between coworkers and management are now a daily routine. Management continues to spout how much they care, but refuse to help resolve production issues that cause stress. Quality work is not respected or cared for. Little to no training or attempts to retain workers. Management activity try to sabotage employees to see what it takes to make a person quit.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Work hours, demanding, poor management, lack of caring.
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate/Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 28, 2018
Worked in hot conditions in a fast paced environment. There was opportunities for advancement but for only a select few individuals who had personal ties or good relations with management. Overall this job basically provided a okay compensation and job stability but not much more than that.
Pros
personal days, pto
Cons
hot, fast paced workplace
mission statement is nice to hear but
Fabrication Manager (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INAugust 17, 2018
I was at Lippert for 5 years and 1 month. Started on the line and was fortunate enough to move to management. Once there it was obvious if you where not a leader in training there was no training or guidance coming your way. You are simply expected to be a mind reader. Human resources on the 19 complex is simply there to cover its own and the message from corporate compared seems to differ drastically. Directors of departments such as maintenance have a habit of micromanaging. Chore values look nice on t shirts and are great to see on signs but they are simply not lived up to by the people that make decisions.
Pros
oppurtunity for advancement
Cons
Upper Management
productive envirnment
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 21, 2018
well managed and good company to work for. kinda far from home but pays well and has good benifits good people to work around. they teach you if you dont know how to weld and get people jobs
Pros
bonus
Cons
distance
Your typical manufacturing company
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 20, 2018
This company has serious potential to grow. Things are headed in the right direction and have been for some time. Managers-In-Training will gain a significant amount of knowledge across many departments. Top caliber upper management, very smart individuals.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lop-sided pay structure
productive and very fast paced
Window Assembler (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMarch 14, 2018
I have been working over 5 years at this plant. Production is very fast paced and the employees are very hard workers. I do believe the management team needs to focus on how to talk to employees with the same respect they expect they would like us to give them back.
benefits
Cons
very strict
good co-workers
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMarch 29, 2018
poor supervision, management change and it made every this else change as in advancement. i felt it was a dead end job. slow pay for some. pick favor for raises.
stressful
Upholstery Cutter/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 13, 2018
The management is not good. They don't know how to do the jobs that the worker do in this company. They act like they care but they don't. If they did they would walk through the company and ask the workers if there is anything that can be improved. And actually improve the things that need to be improved. The management puts to much pressure on the hard worker that are there every day and actually know how to do the job inside and out. And the ones that don't know or that are lazy they don't show them or have them work.
Pros
free popcorn, some people that work there were or are good people to work with.
Cons
Management and lazy workers
Hard hot work but fun and it's a lifestyl3
Chasis fabrication (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INOctober 31, 2018
I enjoyed working at lippert I got to know a lot of the people there are very well. I got to know the management team real well they all did a great job at making sure they did what they could for there employees. I was fired over a childish verbal altercation. Would like just come back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lippert Components. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight