Lippert Components Employee Reviews

Good culture, compensation, benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 6, 2019
During the 5 years I worked there I was able to continually benefit from advancement opportunities, compensated well, flexible work hours and leadership development. They stand my their mission statement and are continually working on their culture.
decent place to work
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 28, 2019
hardest part was dealing with the millennial and people were not held accountable for their actions
maintained machinery
people intentionally broke machinery and there wa no repercussions
Pros
easy going, relatable boss
Cons
core values were forced on people instead of giving people better pay
Fun
Welder (Current Employee) –  Howe, INFebruary 27, 2019
We weld frames for champion homes.i love the people i work with and actually look forward to working every day.its hard work but that's my type of work.plus i love working with people
Fast Growth at a Price
Contact Center Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 25, 2019
The Contact Center was a fast paced and friendly culture to work in. The frontline is outstanding and works hard to make its customer care first rate. The most enjoyable part was working on the merger transition and helping people grow and develop.

The main draw back was lack of vision for the contact center and grow forcing changes that the management team did not have a lot of direction in. Growth at a fast pace can be at a high cost.
Pros
Great office Culture
Leadership
unknown (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 25, 2019
The company has great programs in place that will clearly benefit the company as well as employee, but the single most issue is most managers only follow the core values when they're in the spot light. It greatly shows these individuals do not live by these values, and I've personally heard many specifically state how ridiculous these values are and it's only being followed to keep their jobs.
There is a huge communication breakdown within the facilities between the various departments.

The lies and cover-ups are unbelievable, and I would hope someday this comes to light. I loved the company, but couldn't deal or agree with the many shady managers at these facilities who are about themselves until people are around.

I was with them for 30 years, and lied to in a huge way just to be terminated two days later, and now see younger personnel coming into the plants, which clearly shows they are removing all of the higher paid, knowledgeable managers, and replacing them with younger, less paid employees.

One of the largest statements now is "everyone matters". What I have seen shows just the opposite of this.

Unless you immediately get in with one of the circles there, you'll never be part of the actual team.
Pros
good employees
Cons
Lies, Backstabbing, and most not living the core values.
Value who you know rather than what you offer
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Elkhart County, INFebruary 22, 2019
Company wants to promote a leadership culture. The problem, most people in leadership positions think they are better leaders than they actually are. Advancement was given to those who were most agreeable. Status quo seems to be good enough.
It was very fun and I met a lot of great people
Vent shooter (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 7, 2019
Working at Lippert was a Great experience. It was my first job working in the industrial field. I learned how to use my first power tool and they also taught me to operate a Machine.
Work was easy and fun
Builder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 5, 2019
Liked the job .. management not so much fast heavy sometimes opportunity to advance depending on who u are .. benefits are expensive and not the best but they do charity work
Pros
Good people
produtive
Welder/Riveter (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 1, 2019
its a good day as long as you have part or orders, good team work with other team members, not always knowing what your day is going to be, i learned how to be a mentor for new hires.
Ok place
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 30, 2019
Too many politics involved, not what you know but very much WHO you know. Very little chance at advancement if you are not in the upper “clique” just a bad culture that promotes favoritism instead of hard work
It's a fast-paced and detailed
Various Jobs (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 25, 2019
I worked at CR 6 shop in Elkhart, I operated a robot and also helped in final finish. Making sure parts are secured to fixtures before cutting them and maintaining your cleaning tools and area, cleaning the parts the same is important, attention to detail.
Pros
Plenty of Work
Cons
Work Environment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 20, 2019
Working at Lippert Components is one of the best jobs I've had. The people are Wonderful,caring,generous,positive Attitude toward their employees. They always try and help others in need. Lippert support our health and wellbeing as a team. Opportunities for volunteering outside activities for other employees to meet each other.
Its a paycheck unless you know someone
Assistant Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 17, 2019
If you go to the right church or golf with the correct people it dont matter if you are a good worker or not you will be rewarded. No longer matters how hard you work or how good you do your work only ceryain people that know the correct people will be taken care of
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Dirty working conditions
I loved the job
Making rv parts (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 16, 2019
I had a lot of fun working here it's go at ur own pace and the job is very easy I would love to be a boss at this job some day because I have had ok1
Fast pace assembly line
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed being a machine operator. I love and enjoy doing different set ups and change overs on various machines . It's a very clean and friendly environment to work at .
Pros
Clean and friendly people
Cons
Seen alot of favoritism
Good place to learn the basics of leadership
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 14, 2019
Great starting place as an introduction to the RV industry and gaining an understanding of management styles and workforce leadership. Working hard to change the face of a production workplace into a more familiar, familial environment, however, has much room to continue growing and improving in that aspect.
Pros
Strong Company with eyes on future growth
Cons
Missed opportunities to mold quality future leadership
Fairness
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 14, 2019
Too many managers/team leads not enough workers. Working outside is real rough on your body during the winter times. When someone calls off work load is placed upon other coworkers.
Its a hard job if you are not fit for it
Powder Coating/ Axles Department (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 14, 2019
Extremely hard work that consists of you lifting and bending and moving, but overall it's a very good job. Stay focus dont get sidetracked and all will be well.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long breaks inbetween shifts
Doesn't matter dedicated you are to them
Crew (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 11, 2019
They aren't the type to give a shout if you care about the job or other people.
They don't care how much effort you put in just to get to the job.......
Not a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 11, 2019
The company grew too fast. Poor management with poor assessment of employees. The environment was OK. Not accountable. Not a stable work place. Employees are transferred everywhere within the company making it difficult to find your place.
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lippert Components. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight