Lipscomb University

Lipscomb University Employee Reviews

United States80 reviews

universitystudentexperiencelearnedpeoplehourenvironmenttime

Have enjoyed my time here. The people I work with have really invested in me as a person and I really appreciate that. Lots of great opportunities for growth.

Go elsewhere for decent pay and support for career development

chaotic management - lack of clarity and transparency. Surface level politeness but behind the scenes political manipulation. Lack of of overall organizational integrity. No cohesion or sense of teamwork. Employees are isolated and poorly supported. Exploitive and inadequate compensation system. If you choose to work here - do not expect honesty or transparency from managers or coworkers - every day is a political landmine field and hidden agendas. Commitments and/or promises by managers are not followed through and most simply do not materialize and are never mentioned again...It is a sad and depressing culture in which to try to perform at high levels.

Pros

tuition credit for my kids at the private secondary school

Cons

poor pay, no support, lack of system, no communication, low morale

Lipscomb University insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Challenging work environment with little support and no communication

Prime example of lack of engagement and input on decisions. Lack of feedback, communication, and information. coworkers were demoralized, tired, overworked, unappreciated, and underpaid. Do not work here if your expect respect and appreciation from managers and administrators. Also, there was a consistent lack of basic resources required to perform the assigned tasks and/or do the job. I had to supply my own office supplies and use my personal office equipment/tools to fulfil my duties. There were several failures of the administrators to follow their own rules for promotion and performance rewards....these were ignored if ignoring them was to the benefit of those with power.

Great people and work

Experiences with Lipscomb seem to be dependent upon which department you are a part of. Most people working here are happy to help and be a part of your future success.

Experience as an EE TA

Good place to help students understand new concepts with practical exercises. This job allow me to reinforce my knowledge by teaching what I had learnt in previous semesters.

Good People, Difficult Culture

There are so many great people working as hard as they can to make Lipscomb a great organization, and I firmly believe that it has the potential to be a great place to work. Unfortunately, there is significant administrative bloat and plenty of folks in leadership positions who refuse to acknowledge the concerns or expertise of those who work below them. We've reached a point where many knowledgeable and dedicated professionals have begun to leave the university because of these gaps in leadership, and I believe that, ultimately, it is the students who will suffer from this loss of experience and institutional knowledge.This is all exacerbated by the fact that benefits and compensation for many of us is below average. This becomes particularly problematic because the cost of living in Nashville would be difficult to manage with a more competitive higher education salary. This means that not only do we feel stress from a lack of support at work, we also have to worry about finding ways to support ourselves on so little in such an expensive market. I know that it has been a significant source of stress for many of us who work here. All that being said, we do have a new president and, while I only know her by reputation, I am hopeful that she will usher in some much needed change. For the time being, however, I would advise potential job seekers to proceed with caution.

The culture is amazing. Feels like a family. Great leadership. Very rewarding job. Would recommend to anyone looking to further their career in pharmacy.

Disappointing

I was disappointed in this job. Felt like a 2nd class citizen, and felt uncomfortable while I was there. Parking is a nightmare, and the security will write parking tickets if you are parked in a space that isn't for your parking.

Agile thinking on steroids

Visionary President that empowers and has a bias for innovation and action. The culture is relevant and impacts the community, the region and the world.

Other employees were rude

I was left by myself plenty of times and nothing was done. Managers good to me. I loved the job and I put my all into it to show it alone with supporting my job.

No problems

Everyone I work with is helpful and encouraging. I believe, as a mentor to sped teachers, they should be seen more than once a month. Administrative staff is helpful, concerned, and encouraging.

Nice Place To Work

Fantastic coworkers. Stingy management. Working with students was wonderful. Rampant nepotism, especially in management. Pay is not well matched to the value of the employees.

My experience working at the Writing Studio was extremely formative

I worked in the Lipscomb Writing Studio for many years, and I am very thankful for everything I learned about both writing and writing instruction from my time there. I also worked as a TA with one of the university's wonderful English faculty!

Great

Great people to work with. They brought religion in it which is something I like. Experience is good especially being in a leadership position getting to do things your way.

Fun environment to work in with fun people. Willing to work around your schedule and work with you. All of the managers are super amazing and are really dedicated to helping train and teach.

Good people that understood my role as a student was just as important as work at the time

Allowed me time to study and worked with my schedule to ensure the job was done properly while still letting me complete my studies. The coach was my boss and was very helpful and friendly.

Innovative environment

There's always an emphasis on providing an excellent experience for each students. We have worked very hard to get the word out about best unknown educational product in the Mid-South.

I found my supervisor informative and supportive.

FCM has highly supportive and skilled faculty who have always had my back. The physical work environment was a but challenging at times, but this shouldn't be a problem when the Department moves into the new College of Entertainment and the Arts building.

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

College of Entertainment is still in its infancy in some respects.

Lipscomb University Has Family-Friendly Environment

I loved my years at Lipscomb! My kids enrolled in middle and high school, thanks to their tuition discount program for the lower school. I felt that family obligations were respected, and time was allowed to manage life outside of work.

Supportive fun workplace

This was a great place to work as a student in college. The pay was fine and there was a lot of support from the leadership. The hours were a challenge.

Wonderful work environment!

Working at Lipscomb places you in a positive, encouraging environment where growth occurs. Fantastic people to work with! Lipscomb makes work/ life balance a priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lipscomb University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Learn about Lipscomb University in popular locations

Studying at Lipscomb University

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews

Lipscomb University reviews by popular job title

• Lipscomb University